Forums

BabelBloX (nanomission 3)

MacHeist Forums » The Apps » BabelBloX (nanomission 3)
futureblues

futureblues

Automaton Tech

from FL
107 posts

Cool, thanks for another game MH!  I'm having fun with this one already.

Gravity Pong is my favorite

See You Space Cowboy

March 15, 2009 1:10 am
AceIsAGeek

AceIsAGeek

Automaton Tech

from Ontario
211 posts

The default game here seems to be a version of a game I liked way back in my Neopets days.  Simple, but fun.

Must try the others.  big_smile

~Kim
portfolio // blog

March 15, 2009 1:13 am
NSWMaps

NSWMaps

Automaton Tech

from San Antonio, Texas
213 posts

Looks like a great piece of independent software.
I just finished the mission (great stuff BTW) and was entering the liscense info into 1Password when I realized that that the liscense locks to computer which is slightly annoying but fine I guess. The only question I have to the dev, or whomever may know is, If I keep my Promo code with me and want to retrieve it in, say, a year, using today's version, will I be able to?

March 15, 2009 1:14 am
markbett

markbett

Moderator

from Tokyo
655 posts

because someone wont read it


Register with your PROMO CODE
Use the promo code in BabelBloX. (A BabelBloX promo code only works in BabelBloX.)
Use the promo code on the computer where you want to play the games. (The license will be locked to that machine.)
Open the "Register Online Now..." panel (under the main menu of the game.)
Please use a valid email address when registering.
Use your iX PROMO CODE in place of the"Credit Card Number"
The promotional code is a long number. Registering will be simple if you "Cut & Paste" the number rather than type it into the registration system by hand.

Fill out the contact information.
Your contact information is required so we can help you later if you lose your key.
See our Privacy Policy for additional details.
Press the "Buy License" button at the bottom
When you use a PROMO CODE in place of a credit card number, you will not be charged.

01100111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110
01101101 01101111 01101110 01101011 01100101 01111001
01110011

March 15, 2009 1:18 am
yuetgoo

yuetgoo

Automaton Tech

from PA
419 posts

Thanks for this!  Games are appreciated and definitely enjoyed!

true karma

March 15, 2009 1:23 am
dkoerner

dkoerner

Sky Pirate

from Good ol' Germany
1,165 posts

he registration process really is one big hickup. if you want to switch text fields by pressing tab, it will change the text field. if you have a special character in your name it will most probably not work. try the retrieve license button. after a couple of tries that worked for me (now my name is crippled, but at least the app is registered)

German Mac Twittering | Dropbox - Free online storage
Green Monkeys, the only true monkeys

March 15, 2009 1:24 am
alemdaqt

alemdaqt

Tinkerer

from Baltimore
19 posts

The registration didn't work for me. It says "Licensing Failed: Invalid Account Number." I'm pretty sure I filled it out correctly, but if you have any suggestions I'll try them.

March 15, 2009 1:46 am
quietlight

quietlight

Urchin

from NY
9 posts

The loot page lists lots of game options, but I only see the "x free" version even after I register.... did I do this right?

GREEN TEAM. GREED IS GOOD.

March 15, 2009 1:46 am
AceIsAGeek

AceIsAGeek

Automaton Tech

from Ontario
211 posts

quietlight wrote:

The loot page lists lots of game options, but I only see the "x free" version even after I register.... did I do this right?

Have you tried clicking "Change World"?



Oh man this game is so pointless yet I can't stop.  Shockwave mode seems to be targeted at people who take joy in popping big sheets of bubble wrap (i.e. me.) sad

~Kim
portfolio // blog

March 15, 2009 1:52 am
ddemeo

ddemeo

Automaton Tech

from Massachusetts
336 posts

AceIsAGeek wrote:

Oh man this game is so pointless yet I can't stop.  Shockwave mode seems to be targeted at people who take joy in popping big sheets of bubble wrap (i.e. me.) sad

I'm guessing my boss will like it then.  I think he has a bubble wrap app on his iPod Touch.  He even had a piece of bubble wrap tacked to his office door for a while.  Goof!

Dawn | Dawn's Recipes

March 15, 2009 2:01 am

donbenot

Urchin

1 posts

I'm having the same problem as alemdaqt. Licensing failed: Invalid Account Number.

March 15, 2009 2:08 am
Rsrepp

Rsrepp

Gearhead

from The Steel City
75 posts

I also am having this Invalid Number problem

ORANGE IGUANAS! | MY BLOG!

March 15, 2009 2:10 am
Musashi

Musashi

Tinkerer

from WI
15 posts

Same problem here even though I copied and pasted it from the loot page, so it wasn't entered wrong.

Use of my referral link would be greatly appreciated, thanks!  http://www.macheist.com/bundle/u/26276/
0/2 referrals so far, link will be removed when I have 2.

March 15, 2009 2:11 am
tech_rules

tech_rules

Tinkerer

34 posts

Same Problem here Invaild Account Number.

Even worse every time i try to register the app now it crashes

Although there are many apps, Macheist gets the best

Those who came last really came first

March 15, 2009 2:12 am
python

python

Automaton Tech

from Over the hills, UK
269 posts

Unable to register.
Keep getting invalid Account Number just like a lot of other heisters.
Why on earth did I stay up till the early hours to mess around with something that doesn't work first time.

We will succeed.  Team Purple smile
Twitter
Freebits

March 15, 2009 2:27 am
LizPf

LizPf

Tinkerer

from suburbs of Cambridge, Mass.
16 posts

I wish people would be clearer about which version of OS X is needed ... I was looking forward to playing the game, saw nothing about required OS on their website, downloaded the game, and .... it won't load, just like any other Leopard software. [I still use Tiger, I still need Classic for a few things.]

I don't mind that most of the MacHeist goodies are Leopard (though I'd love more Tiger versions, of course), but I don't like finding out the hard way.

Professional Polymath,  Errant POD artist, and
                           Proud Member of the Team Without a Rhyme
http://www.zazzle.com/CartesianBear*
http://www.printfection.com/cartesianbear

March 15, 2009 2:28 am
markbett

markbett

Moderator

from Tokyo
655 posts

the licensing does appear to go through despite the error... you will know it worked when you get an email (regardless of the error message)....

this appears to just be an error caused by too much traffic

01100111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110
01101101 01101111 01101110 01101011 01100101 01111001
01110011

March 15, 2009 2:29 am
russellhess

russellhess

Tinkerer

from Plainview, MN
46 posts

No kidding about making it clear what system it works on. I have been downloading all of the software to burn onto a cd anyway, and it isn't that big of a deal as I am getting a new imac this week, but I just wasted 30 minutes trying to get the thing to work.

March 15, 2009 2:43 am
buzzasus

buzzasus

Automaton Tech

from FL
186 posts

Mine seemed to register without a problem. I can see this is an addictive, time burning type of game. LOL Just what I needed! Thanks again, MH!

- Brian

March 15, 2009 2:45 am
JackBNimble

JackBNimble

Automaton Tech

from London, ON
119 posts

Getting "Licensing failed: Invalid account number".

Then, I noticed here:

http://illuminex.com/macheist/claim-prize.html

That:

88-358-etc. <--- YOUR PROMO CODE LOOKS LIKE THIS

My promo code, however, starts off with:

88-787-...

I wonder if this is the problem?

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 15, 2009 2:59 am
roos

roos

Automaton Tech

from Minnesota
287 posts

Are you putting it in the credit card spot instead of the license key spot? See markbett's instructions above (or the page we're linked to). It was a bit of a bizarre user interaction IMHO.

Aym

Psyched to be back for MacHeist 4!

Retina MacBook Pro | iPad 2 | iPhone 4S

March 15, 2009 3:07 am
simonandmartina

simonandmartina

Automaton Tech

from South Korea
429 posts

Whole lotta not working on my side as well

Our ORANGE photo and movie blog in Bucheon, Korea: http://www.eatyourkimchi.com

March 15, 2009 3:07 am
davekriss

davekriss

Gearhead

69 posts

russellhess wrote:

No kidding about making it clear what system it works on. I have been downloading all of the software to burn onto a cd anyway, and it isn't that big of a deal as I am getting a new imac this week, but I just wasted 30 minutes trying to get the thing to work.

It drives me insane when a developer doesn't list the version # and the system requirements on the page where they're describing the product.  Why should we have to hunt for this info?!

March 15, 2009 3:23 am
marxworks

marxworks

Urchin

5 posts

My wife has been playing a very similar game for a long time.  She'll really like this.

March 15, 2009 3:28 am
tatsumaki

tatsumaki

Automaton Tech

from MSP
115 posts

JackBNimble wrote:

Getting "Licensing failed: Invalid account number".

Then, I noticed here:

http://illuminex.com/macheist/claim-prize.html

That:

88-358-etc. <--- YOUR PROMO CODE LOOKS LIKE THIS

My promo code, however, starts off with:

88-787-...

I wonder if this is the problem?

Probably not the problem.  My numbers after "88-" are different as well but mine worked.

March 15, 2009 3:29 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,769 posts

The instructions on their website are a little bit confusing, as to what should be downloaded.  But the game is fun, and the different modes is what makes it good, otherwise it would get old fast.
Thanks MH!

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

March 15, 2009 3:45 am
jennnickols

jennnickols

Urchin

9 posts

thanks for a game!! smile

code: ▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 15, 2009 3:48 am
JackBNimble

JackBNimble

Automaton Tech

from London, ON
119 posts

tatsumaki wrote:
JackBNimble wrote:

Getting "Licensing failed: Invalid account number".

Then, I noticed here:

http://illuminex.com/macheist/claim-prize.html

That:

88-358-etc. <--- YOUR PROMO CODE LOOKS LIKE THIS

My promo code, however, starts off with:

88-787-...

I wonder if this is the problem?

Probably not the problem.  My numbers after "88-" are different as well but mine worked.

Thanks. I'll keep on trying, then. Probably overloaded server.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 15, 2009 3:51 am
Scandalous

Scandalous

Sky Pirate

1,528 posts

futureblues wrote:

Cool, thanks for another game MH!  I'm having fun with this one already.

Gravity Pong is my favorite

+1. Awesome. Kill some time type games.

Click DropBox to sync files online & across your computers for FREE + receive an additional 250 MB.

March 15, 2009 4:19 am
Lioness

Lioness

Sky Pirate

from Universe (Sweden)
1,474 posts

Only works for and are registered for one computer, so think about that before you register if you have more then one Mac. I don't know if I had chosen differently though, maybe not, but a little disappointed that I can only use it on 1 machine though. Nevertheless, it's free....

twitter | website
dropbox referral +250MB | minus invite +1GB

March 15, 2009 4:24 am
hoyaman

hoyaman

Big Game Hunter

from Houston, TX
940 posts

Have the same issue as LizPf.. why does this game require 10.5?  or does it?  nothing in the loot, the illuminex page, or the app launching tells me I need 10.5 to run this app.

EDIT: well, the games.pdf included in the dmg available from their website has "all games require 10.5", but why, oh why, is this same info NOT on the website itself?  I want to support them, but with oversights like this, why should I?

Mozy - backup to the cloud, restore when your computer bites the dust.
BBCODE snippets for TYPINATOR!
DROPBOX: GET 250MB extra FREE!

March 15, 2009 4:28 am

theladyisugly

Tinkerer

from Brasília, Brazil
17 posts

Lioness wrote:

Only works for and are registered for one computer, so think about that before you register if you have more then one Mac. I don't know if I had chosen differently though, maybe not, but a little disappointed that I
can only use it on 1 machine though. Nevertheless, it's free....

http://illumineX.com/support/faq/index. … c_newputer

What do I do if I bought a new computer and my license key won't work?

First, congratulations on the new computer!

Each computer you want to run any of our games on must have its own registration key. Luckily we make this very easy to for you add yourself at any time!

First, make sure you are running the latest version of the game by using the "Check for Updates..." menu option.

Next, add your new machine to your iX customer record here via this web link:

iX Connection

There are instructions for logging in the first time right on that page.

Once you add your new system to your customer record, you can open the "License Registry" menu item from any of our games (if the game is running just hit Apple-L) on your new system, and press the "Retrieve Existing Key" button. Your key will be installed automatically for you that way, and you won't need to type it in.

Note for Infinty Game PaX users: You only need to register your computer once. After you retrieve your existing key for one game all the rest work automatically.

:: return to top ::

What if I want to use my software on more than one computer that I own?

You will be happy to know illumineX, inc. feels that you should be able to play your game on any of your own computers without paying for it more than once. You may use our customer service application iX Connection to enable the software for your new computer at any time of day or night.

:: return to top ::

What if I updated to a new version of Mac OS X and my games are no longer registered?

This is a problem we have noticed, especially when upgrading to Jaguar - Mac OS X 10.2+ . Although our crack developers are working on a clean solution, it is very easy to solve this problem yourself.

In effect, we think you have a new computer (even though you don't). So, all that needs to happen is for you to add your computer again (this time with the new host id) to your customer record.

First, make sure you are running the latest version of the game by using the "Check for Updates..." menu option. This is always a good idea before solving any issues anyway.

Next, add your "new" machine to your iX customer record here via this web link:

//illumineX.com/connect

There are instructions for logging in the first time right on that page.

If you have problem finding your Host ID we need, see the FAQ for that topic.

Once you add your new system to your customer record, you can open the "License Registry" menu item from any of our games (if the game is running just hit Apple-L) on your system, and press the "Retrieve Existing Key" button. Your key will be installed automatically for you that way, and you won't need to type it in.

Note for Infinty Game PaX users: You only need to register your computer once. After you retrieve your existing key for one game all the rest work automatically.

The Lady is Dark... The Lady is Young... The Lady is Ugly!

March 15, 2009 4:37 am
Gelu6713

Gelu6713

Automaton Tech

from Southern California
238 posts

I keep trying to activate it online, except it just freezes on verifying connection. Any tips?

Go Orange Team!

http://g-b.tumblr.com/

March 15, 2009 4:37 am

theladyisugly

Tinkerer

from Brasília, Brazil
17 posts

I must say that although I hate games, I've got addicted to BabelBloX. Yes, it's pointless, but SO MUCH FUN big_smile

The Lady is Dark... The Lady is Young... The Lady is Ugly!

March 15, 2009 4:38 am
swessell@kent.edu

swessell@kent.edu

Automaton Tech

from Ohio
173 posts

Another app I can't use! I really need to upgrade my system, but I'm waiting for snow leopard or whatever.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 15, 2009 5:28 am
smokeytams

smokeytams

Gearhead

65 posts

Mine registered first time, although I don't know why they need your address when they have your email, perhaps it's because it's as if you are entering credit card details.
Not sure how much I will use it, but it's nice to see the odd game thrown in.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 15, 2009 5:38 am
swessell@kent.edu

swessell@kent.edu

Automaton Tech

from Ohio
173 posts

Reading the comments, I really wish I could use this app!

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 15, 2009 5:56 am
chinajon6

chinajon6

Tinkerer

23 posts

The sound of breaking glass is not approved in my condo!

:-D Go BableBlox!

THX MH

Live Long and Prosper

March 15, 2009 6:37 am
python

python

Automaton Tech

from Over the hills, UK
269 posts

smokeytams wrote:

Mine registered first time, although I don't know why they need your address when they have your email, perhaps it's because it's as if you are entering credit card details.
Not sure how much I will use it, but it's nice to see the odd game thrown in.

I tried again this morning with no luck at registering.
Going to uninstall it now, not into games that much anyway, I already have Typeinator since August last year so thsi mission not been much good to me.

We will succeed.  Team Purple smile
Twitter
Freebits

March 15, 2009 7:00 am
Jenneil

Jenneil

Automaton Tech

483 posts

Yay for games! Thanks MecHeist.

DropBox referral Link

March 15, 2009 7:05 am
Lioness

Lioness

Sky Pirate

from Universe (Sweden)
1,474 posts

theladyisugly wrote:
Lioness wrote:

Only works for and are registered for one computer, so think about that before you register if you have more then one Mac. I don't know if I had chosen differently though, maybe not, but a little disappointed that I
can only use it on 1 machine though. Nevertheless, it's free....

http://illumineX.com/support/faq/index. … c_newputer

What do I do if I bought a new computer and my license key won't work?

First, congratulations on the new computer!

Each computer you want to run any of our games on must have its own registration key. Luckily we make this very easy to for you add yourself at any time!

First, make sure you are running the latest version of the game by using the "Check for Updates..." menu option.

Next, add your new machine to your iX customer record here via this web link:

iX Connection

There are instructions for logging in the first time right on that page.

Once you add your new system to your customer record, you can open the "License Registry" menu item from any of our games (if the game is running just hit Apple-L) on your new system, and press the "Retrieve Existing Key" button. Your key will be installed automatically for you that way, and you won't need to type it in.

Note for Infinty Game PaX users: You only need to register your computer once. After you retrieve your existing key for one game all the rest work automatically.

:: return to top ::

What if I want to use my software on more than one computer that I own?

You will be happy to know illumineX, inc. feels that you should be able to play your game on any of your own computers without paying for it more than once. You may use our customer service application iX Connection to enable the software for your new computer at any time of day or night.

:: return to top ::

What if I updated to a new version of Mac OS X and my games are no longer registered?

This is a problem we have noticed, especially when upgrading to Jaguar - Mac OS X 10.2+ . Although our crack developers are working on a clean solution, it is very easy to solve this problem yourself.

In effect, we think you have a new computer (even though you don't). So, all that needs to happen is for you to add your computer again (this time with the new host id) to your customer record.

First, make sure you are running the latest version of the game by using the "Check for Updates..." menu option. This is always a good idea before solving any issues anyway.

Next, add your "new" machine to your iX customer record here via this web link:

//illumineX.com/connect

There are instructions for logging in the first time right on that page.

If you have problem finding your Host ID we need, see the FAQ for that topic.

Once you add your new system to your customer record, you can open the "License Registry" menu item from any of our games (if the game is running just hit Apple-L) on your system, and press the "Retrieve Existing Key" button. Your key will be installed automatically for you that way, and you won't need to type it in.

Note for Infinty Game PaX users: You only need to register your computer once. After you retrieve your existing key for one game all the rest work automatically.

Thanks, wouldn't found that myself, or even cared to look, but I now have the other mac registered too. So I can play some more pointless game.:D

twitter | website
dropbox referral +250MB | minus invite +1GB

March 15, 2009 7:07 am
redsteven

redsteven

Gearhead

62 posts

Yeah, you can get it registered on other computers you own as well.

My second computer, though, is still running Tiger. I emailed them about Tiger compatibility. I'll let you know if they email me a link to an older version or anything.

March 15, 2009 7:24 am
gemmes

gemmes

Big Game Hunter

665 posts

1.I downloaded the babelblox only dmg.

2.I registered and I got my email.

3.when I view License Registry > Installed License my Name field is correct but my License Key field is ####### so I change to my given license key and click install license and both fields are reset(blank). Nothing to say I have registered and still says Babelox free in titlebar.

if I click retrieve license key I get this
http://www.grabup.com/uploads/1fa1589388a8804de2d420fdb99a702c.png
but I still have the free edition not the registered edition.

FREE Dropbox Storage Use link for EXTRA space for you and me. big_smile
15.4" 2.5GHz 4GB MacBook Pro, 32GB iPhone 3GS

March 15, 2009 8:17 am
AceIsAGeek

AceIsAGeek

Automaton Tech

from Ontario
211 posts

gemmes wrote:

1.I downloaded the babelblox only dmg.

2.I registered and I got my email.

3.when I view License Registry > Installed License my Name field is correct but my License Key field is ####### so I change to my given license key and click install license and both fields are reset(blank). Nothing to say I have registered and still says Babelox free in titlebar.

if I click retrieve license key I get this
http://www.grabup.com/uploads/1fa158938 … 9a702c.png
but I still have the free edition not the registered edition.

Have you tried the "Change World" button?  That looks like how it worked for me, and mine registered just fine.  It just says "X Free" until you switch to another level.

~Kim
portfolio // blog

March 15, 2009 8:41 am
gemmes

gemmes

Big Game Hunter

665 posts

Okay, my bad.

X Free is the type of game. The serial number is hashed for security I guess.

Combination of incorrect serial and the word 'free' made me think I had wrong version of the game.

sad

FREE Dropbox Storage Use link for EXTRA space for you and me. big_smile
15.4" 2.5GHz 4GB MacBook Pro, 32GB iPhone 3GS

March 15, 2009 10:02 am
tech_rules

tech_rules

Tinkerer

34 posts

I still can't get my copy activated it keeps coming back invalid account number


Dose anyone have an trouble shooting advice

I tried downloading a fresh copy but it still didn't work

Although there are many apps, Macheist gets the best

Those who came last really came first

March 15, 2009 10:08 am
python

python

Automaton Tech

from Over the hills, UK
269 posts

Still no luck registering, given up now especially as the game has started crashing on me.
Where is AppCleaner.

We will succeed.  Team Purple smile
Twitter
Freebits

March 15, 2009 10:08 am
barrybarryr

barrybarryr

Urchin

from England
5 posts

Has anyone actually managed to register this app? If so how? I cant get it to work.

Grrrr.....

March 15, 2009 11:06 am
Heist4E

Heist4E

Automaton Tech

from Sweden-Cold as ice
210 posts

I filled in dashes "-" in every field except name and country and it worked

Green green SuperGreen
Former member of MH3 MacHeist team: ? Green Monkeys™ ?

wink big_smilewink big_smilewink big_smilewink big_smilewink big_smilewink big_smilewink big_smilewink big_smilewink big_smilewink big_smile

March 15, 2009 11:09 am
cypher

cypher

Automaton Tech

from UK
478 posts

barrybarryr wrote:

Has anyone actually managed to register this app? If so how? I cant get it to work.

Its working for me OK.  After registering you get to pick the other games.   I don't think its something that will be staying on my system for very long.  The popup dialog boxes and high score windows in the game are already starting to get on my nerves. I seem to spend more time answering popup dialogs than I do playing  sad

March 15, 2009 11:20 am
MacHeist Forums » The Apps » BabelBloX (nanomission 3)

Become an agent



Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)


As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

 

Login to MacHeist



As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?