Forums

✚ iSale support

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ iSale support
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

Post any iSale support related issues here.

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

March 25, 2009 12:28 am
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

ericmontae

Urchin

5 posts

Equinox is not allowing me to register the application. It states the license has already been redeemed.

March 25, 2009 2:30 am
cocoacup

cocoacup

Gearhead

from Toronto, ON, Canada
67 posts

Same here:

Error: This license belongs to another user or has already been redeemed.

Please contact your reseller for assistance.

i want to learn.

March 25, 2009 2:33 am
Kookus

Kookus

Tinkerer

from HNL
20 posts

I can't even find where to go to register.

help me get a bundle referral
click here

March 25, 2009 2:54 am
StrangeTikiGod

StrangeTikiGod

Tinkerer

from Wisconsin
28 posts

Yeah, right now it's telling me that my license temporarily failed to generate, and to be patient while it's looked into.

So I'll just sit quietly, as I seldom use ebay anyway. smile

March 25, 2009 3:02 am
Kookus

Kookus

Tinkerer

from HNL
20 posts

you need to first have an Equinox ID.

After you set one up, or using one you already had, you will then be able to enter the activation key

help me get a bundle referral
click here

March 25, 2009 3:09 am

godogshomie

Urchin

2 posts

oh my The Activation Code entered is invalid, because it is owned by another user.  lol no bueno

March 25, 2009 3:34 am

hightechdad

Urchin

1 posts

My License from MH3 was never generated. How can I get my license?

March 25, 2009 4:05 am
bacromwell

bacromwell

Tinkerer

11 posts

I don't want to sign up for an equinux ID account is there a way to register with out an account?

Let DropBox help you rule your world. Click on my referral link to get an extra 250MB.
https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTgzODU1OQ
OH & GO GREEN!!!

March 25, 2009 4:32 am

ericmontae

Urchin

5 posts

Register with equinox and still receive the following message: The Activation Code entered is invalid, because it is owned by another user.

March 25, 2009 5:49 am

ibnabouna

Urchin

5 posts

I received this message in both the Order Confirmation page and the resulting e-mail:

"This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem."

What should I do?

March 25, 2009 6:36 am

aptmunich

Urchin

1 posts

Hang in there guys! I chatted with someone earlier and they're working on resolving all the issues...
The licensing servers are probably being overwhelmed with all the people trying to register iSale at once.

March 25, 2009 7:12 am

devblogger

Urchin

5 posts

This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem.

March 25, 2009 11:20 am

paperoga

Urchin

1 posts

I have just tried to register my copy: failed! big_smile

March 25, 2009 2:28 pm

hilton01

Urchin

1 posts

I got the same message in my email: "This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem."

March 25, 2009 2:36 pm

krisolds

Urchin

1 posts

i sent the link to a friend before i could download my purchases and now I can't find them. Where are my download links?

March 25, 2009 6:04 pm
Trent J.

Trent J.

Automaton Tech

from Florida
260 posts

My download only goes to about 55MB out of 68MB and won't completely download..

GO ORANGE! - Team Orange Twitter
Original avatar by kano89 (edited by me)

March 25, 2009 7:29 pm
RubyRedRick

RubyRedRick

Tinkerer

20 posts

I bought the bundle, and got the receipt page, and the receipt email,

BUT the download links are all disabled?  Do I have to wait for more emails in order to download?

March 25, 2009 8:16 pm
zimmsta

zimmsta

Gearhead

88 posts

mine worked fine.

I'MA GRIP N' SIP

March 25, 2009 9:21 pm
ltgeneralkasty

ltgeneralkasty

Tinkerer

from Connecticut, USA
20 posts

does anyone know if you can transfer the iSale license to someone else?  I already have the 3 pack I won on eBay two years ago.

GREEN TEAM BABY!

March 25, 2009 10:00 pm

ibnabouna

Urchin

5 posts

Any news on the "license failed to generate" problem? It's been about one day now and we've heard nothing from the staff at MacHeist and Equinox.

March 25, 2009 11:01 pm
stainboy

stainboy

Tinkerer

from the frozen tundra
11 posts

RubyRedRick wrote:

I bought the bundle, and got the receipt page, and the receipt email,
BUT the download links are all disabled?  Do I have to wait for more emails in order to download?

nah, they work. they just look disabled.

March 25, 2009 11:54 pm
rcrussell

rcrussell

Automaton Tech

from Washington
118 posts

When I tried to activate iSale, it gave me the message:
"The Activation Code entered is invalid, because it is owned by another user."

How can I fix this when all my account information is correct?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

March 26, 2009 12:31 am

hector7826

Urchin

1 posts

Hi All,

Paid for the bundle via paypal, but have not received any links o download anything. Is i on the site somewhere?

March 26, 2009 12:43 am

devblogger

Urchin

5 posts

Hi guys, now I got my iSale license. Thanks a lot.

March 26, 2009 11:17 am
jazzyguy

jazzyguy

Automaton Tech

114 posts

Me Too! Failed to register because of the same reasons!

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress"-Mark Twain

March 26, 2009 11:28 am

Florian 1293

Urchin

1 posts

It's ok for me;-) Thanks

March 26, 2009 2:40 pm

pinpon34

Urchin

2 posts

as a french user I bought the macheist3 bundle and receive  a recept. Unfortunatly exept my expense, nothing appear. No licence or link to get it exept Email    m******gmail.com
Serial    This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem.
36 hours later it 's sill the same nothing from macheist

March 26, 2009 6:36 pm

h11productions

Urchin

3 posts

i placed my order on Tuesday and I still have not received anything from macheist except for the charge.

March 26, 2009 6:40 pm
milxar

milxar

Automaton Tech

from Ukraine
130 posts

The problem is I still have only iSale SN :-(

March 26, 2009 6:54 pm

pinpon34

Urchin

2 posts

It s the same for me I'd just receive the recpt and a license for iSale :-( i believe that something corrupt Macheist serveurs. Anyway I still want what i've paid for...

March 26, 2009 9:08 pm
jazzyguy

jazzyguy

Automaton Tech

114 posts

I feel we have been ripped off by Equinox. What do thy mean my user name is being used by another user??? The security and distrust and general fear of being ripped off by their own customers is nauseating.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress"-Mark Twain

March 26, 2009 11:20 pm
jazzyguy

jazzyguy

Automaton Tech

114 posts

I see what they are talking about when they make their rather erroneous and totally iINEPT statement. I have 3 Drives on my G5. I intended to install iSale on the 3 Drives of the SAME Mac. This is allowed per their rules. They are so messed up that they believe I am installing on another Mac. This gives you an idea of their competance. Actually I feel as others do that if you are a SINGLE user you should be able to install on any of your Macs. But according to their OWN RULES you are allowed to install a registered copy on the SAME Mac.

March 27, 2009 12:08 am
cocoacup

cocoacup

Gearhead

from Toronto, ON, Canada
67 posts

Thanks Equinux, received my license.

I set up an ID with them (through iSale 5.5.1), sent them an email with my ID & MacHeist Receipt info, and they applied the new license directly to my Equinux ID.

i want to learn.

March 27, 2009 2:14 am
Wacholderpolka

Wacholderpolka

Automaton Tech

from Germany
170 posts

jazzyguy wrote:

I see what they are talking about when they make their rather erroneous and totally iINEPT statement. I have 3 Drives on my G5. I intended to install iSale on the 3 Drives of the SAME Mac. This is allowed per their rules. They are so messed up that they believe I am installing on another Mac. This gives you an idea of their competance. Actually I feel as others do that if you are a SINGLE user you should be able to install on any of your Macs. But according to their OWN RULES you are allowed to install a registered copy on the SAME Mac.

A massive registration scenario like MacHeist is something, a developer can barely handle, and the first day was so big, that even the best plans may fail.

It would be nice, to not blame the company, the developers and everyone if somethings fail. Just be a little more patient, maybe write a mail to their support and choose the right words. (You posting is not what i would call the right words).

Yes you bought the software, but i think it is ok, if there is a problem, when 10.000 people in a few hours want to get a license. Maybe you founf a bug in the system as well, so report it.

WP

Visit the best german Mac support forum

March 27, 2009 9:17 am
mosaik

mosaik

Tinkerer

from Australia
12 posts

Hi. I just created an Equinox ID and entered the activation code and everything worked fine. Just in case anyone who had problems before were wondering if things were fixed yet! They are!

Green, green is my team... goooo Green!

March 27, 2009 10:27 am
jazzyguy

jazzyguy

Automaton Tech

114 posts

Wacholderpolka: I know you had the best intentions and perhaps my posting was somewhat caustic but I was really miffed. I took what you said under advisement and in my humble opinion I feel that registration is no big deal for a developer. They usually issue a serial code and the user simply places that in the proper place in the window designated and that's it! The idea of making the user sign on to a web site and make that compulsory is a little too much! On top of that to run a script to make sure the user doesn't put the app on another Mac is also ridiculous.We Mac users are USUALLY honest for the most part and will not divulge our serial numbers or give them to someone else. I know that you are in Europe and are more familiar with the foregoing procedure as it seems to be more prevalent in Europe than here in the USA. Apparently the European Developers are more security concious perhaps they have been hacked more often than the Developers in the USA. I was particularly upset when I couldn't put the app on the 3 Drives in my G5. I don't plan to write them as I feel that would be an exercise in futility.

March 27, 2009 6:45 pm

wkeving

Urchin

from Loganville, GA
3 posts

I am entering the code given but am being told it is invalid.

March 27, 2009 9:25 pm
jazzyguy

jazzyguy

Automaton Tech

114 posts

wkeving: You have to click on the part that allows you to be a new user. That takes you to the Developer's website wherin you join and put in your user name ans passcode. Good Luck!

March 27, 2009 9:50 pm
mwhogan

mwhogan

Big Game Hunter

from Dallas, TX
794 posts

Anyone who got the free "Love & Romance" email package and installed that, you had to set up an Equinux account then to activate it, so all you have to do is use that to log in and then activate iSale...

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." -- Victor Hugo

March 28, 2009 1:58 am

wkeving

Urchin

from Loganville, GA
3 posts

jazzyguy wrote:

wkeving: You have to click on the part that allows you to be a new user. That takes you to the Developer's website wherin you join and put in your user name ans passcode. Good Luck!

I did that. It is on their site where it is telling me that it's not a valid code.

March 28, 2009 2:15 am
Abishai

Abishai

Tinkerer

10 posts

Ok... just read every message on this thread. I installed "Love & Romance" and have an email with an ID but no password. I asked for a new password, but I haven't received an email. I remember what I had to go through to get "Love & Romance" installed and I completely removed from my computer as soon as I could (and that wasn't easy, either).

This company has a nightmare licensing system, that is invasive and over complicated. You can see from the comments above, and I have learned this from my own experience.

I think I still would like to try iSale, but if it wasn't part of the bundle, I would have never, ever, come even close to any of this company's products.

Sorry if I sound negative, however, I have just spent 2 hours trying to register this iSale.

Go Green!!

March 28, 2009 11:30 am
jazzyguy

jazzyguy

Automaton Tech

114 posts

Abishai: Welcome to the club. At least we're not alone. The paranoid posture of this developer toward his apps makes one wonder.

March 28, 2009 3:36 pm
stoepsel

stoepsel

Urchin

1 posts

Hi, i can't activate iSale. only got the message "aktivation code is invalid"...

March 28, 2009 6:09 pm

sourcecody

Urchin

1 posts

When I go to iSale --> Activate iSale, it says Could Not Load Webpage!  I know my internet is working...

dead owls don't give a hoot

March 29, 2009 8:21 pm

wkeving

Urchin

from Loganville, GA
3 posts

Any more news on activation codes? Mine is still not working.

March 30, 2009 1:18 am
jazzyguy

jazzyguy

Automaton Tech

114 posts

I'm giving up on this app. It is just not worth the aggravation.

March 30, 2009 8:13 pm
halperndaniel1

halperndaniel1

Tinkerer

from USA
40 posts

it does not accept my liscence even though i made an acount, it said it was already in use... i emailed them,... no reply yet. It seems as though this was a bad choice for macheist i have heard of no easy regestration, or any good stories, only of horror stories and wiped aplication folders. to see these check the isale category in the apps category in the forums.

HELP ME GET IT TO WORK

http://www.macheist.com/bundle/u/148844/
I will take this down after i get two referals! thank You for the purchase!

March 31, 2009 4:42 am
jazzyguy

jazzyguy

Automaton Tech

114 posts

This is a posting from the MacHeist iSale Forum
Jimmni wrote:
WARNING!

I'm tempted by this bundle on the basis of WireTap and World of Goo, but it having iSale in it might be enough to make me pass on it. A few years ago I downloaded another app by equinux, called MediaCentral. When I ran it, it hosed my entire Applications folder. Deleted everything in it. I lost everything that wasn't backed up, and at that time I did weekly backups and was due to do one later that evening. I sought support from equinux, who denied their app could ever do that and said that even if it had they couldn't provide support since doing so would be an admission of responsibility and that would open them up to being sued. I lost a lot of stuff, and so did a lot of other people, and they denied there was any issue and refused to provide any support. Not only that, they never removed the download link despite knowing full well that running the app in any folder other than the root of the Applications folder would delete users' data. I swore at that point never to buy or use anything made by them again. If this bundle is going to give them any of my money then I don't think I can buy it.
OMG reading your post just brought back a nightmare. I uploaded a program a few years back, (don't even remember the name of it, but it was Equinux) and it just wreaked royal havoc on my system. Locked it up and nothing would work. Had to spend a few days fixing it. I had totally forgotten about it. Last night when I installed iSale I had a problem registering, because they said I was already registered with Equinux. I didn't even make the connection. Now that I read your post it all came flooding back to me .  If that happens again, I'll never install another piece of software. Now I'M WORRIED. Wish I'd have read this sooner.
Last edited by missimona (March 26, 2009 10:44 am)

So Blue

March 31, 2009 10:21 am
jazzyguy

jazzyguy

Automaton Tech

114 posts

I don't see how MacHeist could carry this Developer.

March 31, 2009 10:23 am
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ iSale support

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?