Forums

✚ PhoneView support

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ PhoneView support
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

Post any PhoneView support related issues here.

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

March 25, 2009 2:04 am

efice32

Urchin

1 posts

The "get your license" link takes me to a page that says "Some information is missing or invalid. Please check the link to make sure that it has been entered correctly."  Didn't know if this was an issue with you guys or on their end.

March 25, 2009 2:34 am
StrangeTikiGod

StrangeTikiGod

Tinkerer

from Wisconsin
28 posts

yeah, same for me.

March 25, 2009 2:35 am
glen_ecamm

glen_ecamm

Urchin

5 posts

Hi guys.  Sorry for the confusion.  They just fixed it.  You can trash that demo zip and follow the link to grab the full version.

March 25, 2009 2:38 am

ericmontae

Urchin

5 posts

same message for me also

March 25, 2009 2:39 am
WalrusCP

WalrusCP

Big Game Hunter

from NoVA
897 posts

Now says that there is a problem with the system and to try back later. Oh well.

Get a 2GB Dropbox account + additional space free for you & me

Just wait until you see the mega unlock goal. (Hint, it involves a lot of dead kittens.) – Phill Ryu

March 25, 2009 3:04 am
tatsumaki

tatsumaki

Automaton Tech

from MSP
115 posts

I got the registration errors earlier, but just now it worked for me.  I received the full version and a registration email.

March 25, 2009 3:45 am

ericmontae

Urchin

5 posts

I am not able to download the program...so far three programs I can not use, this sucks

March 25, 2009 5:51 am
mexber

mexber

Automaton Tech

from Mexico
144 posts

glen_ecamm wrote:

Hi guys.  Sorry for the confusion.  They just fixed it.  You can trash that demo zip and follow the link to grab the full version.

When I click the DL button I gett the Some information missing error... also when i click get license... I have refreshed my order page but linls still don´t work.

Thanks.

Received your e-mail during the night with correct DL link. Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

If time travelling will be possible one day, it already has been done.

March 25, 2009 6:09 am

narfette

Urchin

2 posts

Getting message
PhoneView Registration Problem

Some information is missing or invalid. Please check the link to make sure that it has been entered correctly.

If you think there may be a problem with registration, please use our contact form to reach customer support.

March 25, 2009 6:24 am
LordZog

LordZog

Automaton Tech

264 posts

glen_ecamm wrote:

Nope. Four hours later and I'm still getting the "information missing" page. Looks to be the same destination on both the "download" and "get license" links.

Why do people seem to think they have the right to not be offended?

March 25, 2009 6:30 am

nullstream

Urchin

from Winnipeg
1 posts

"PhoneView
This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem."

Does this mean a license will eventually appear for me?

March 25, 2009 7:15 am
OverHaze

OverHaze

Automaton Tech

107 posts

Having the same issue "PhoneView Registration Problem"

March 25, 2009 10:45 am
jorikcaljouw

jorikcaljouw

Urchin

from Eindhoven, the Netherlands
9 posts

I'm having the same issue with the PhoneView Registration.

March 25, 2009 11:19 am
Chris Johnsen

Chris Johnsen

Urchin

from McKinney, TX, USA
5 posts

I was getting the "information missing" page the first few times I tried my link for PhoneView, but it seemed to work the last time just a minute ago. I got to a page where I could “Click to download a registered version of PhoneView v2.1.3”. Seems like they were having problems. Looks like "keep trying" (but not continuously) may be the way to go for the "information missing" problem.

Get Dropbox (autosync'd, cross platform, online storage: 2250MB with this link)

March 25, 2009 1:05 pm
GHJN14

GHJN14

Tinkerer

from Miami FL
23 posts

I'm having the same problems..

March 25, 2009 1:41 pm
jorikcaljouw

jorikcaljouw

Urchin

from Eindhoven, the Netherlands
9 posts

I just received an email from ecamm and the link in there works.

March 25, 2009 1:48 pm
BigMark

BigMark

Sky Pirate

from Kent, UK.
1,542 posts

I'm getting:-

"This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem."

Do I need to do anything or will I automatically have a serial number sent?

Thanks,
Mark.

March 25, 2009 2:06 pm
mrmac

mrmac

Tinkerer

38 posts

I'm getting the message that some info is missing, also the download is just a demo??

How do I get this?

Team Orange....

March 25, 2009 2:15 pm
BigMark

BigMark

Sky Pirate

from Kent, UK.
1,542 posts

BigMark wrote:

I'm getting:-

"This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem."

Do I need to do anything or will I automatically have a serial number sent?

Thanks,
Mark.

Had a 2nd email that seems to have a resolved licence issue.

Thanks,

Mark.

March 25, 2009 2:28 pm
revjdg

revjdg

Automaton Tech

from Nampa, ID
232 posts

My link is still to the demo zip, there's no license info available and I didn't get an email from eCamm. Are we just sitting patiently still or is there something I should do?

Project Reclamation
taking back ground for life

March 25, 2009 2:39 pm
jennychoo

jennychoo

Tinkerer

from Canada
42 posts

I e-mailed their customer support and they sent me a new link and everything works now!

March 25, 2009 2:49 pm
mhedstrom

mhedstrom

Tinkerer

from Denver, CO
39 posts

I'm still getting that registration problem error that everyone else is getting. Is eCamm sending out secondary emails based on people receiving that error (ie. once we click on the link and they get our email addresses)?  I also can't download it, same problem.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 25, 2009 3:34 pm
Mattjeff

Mattjeff

Automaton Tech

from USA
163 posts

nullstream wrote:

"PhoneView
This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem."

I am getting this message as well.

Orange team I love you big_smile
Share your .mac/.me website with macheisters!

March 25, 2009 3:49 pm
glen_ecamm

glen_ecamm

Urchin

5 posts

Hi,

Sorry for the continued trouble with getting Phoneview.  It looks like there were about 200 invalid registration codes issued in the first few hours of the bundle sale.  The glitch should now be resolved, but some users may still have bogus links.  Please try the following steps:

1) Return to your MacHeist Bundle Receipt web page, refresh it, and use the link to get PhoneView.

2) If you're still ending up on the Ecamm fail page, follow the link to contact Ecamm customer support, and we'll get you a new download link via email asap.

Thanks,
Glen

PS: As for the "license temporarily failed to generate" error, that sounds like something else.  Scott is currently looking into it for me.  I'll post back when I have an update.

March 25, 2009 4:59 pm
filmgirl

filmgirl

Urchin

9 posts

Thanks for the info -- just piping in that I too am receiving that "This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem." stuff. I purchased within the first 5 or 10 minutes, so perhaps that was part of the problem.

March 25, 2009 5:13 pm
revjdg

revjdg

Automaton Tech

from Nampa, ID
232 posts

filmgirl wrote:

Thanks for the info -- just piping in that I too am receiving that "This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem." stuff. I purchased within the first 5 or 10 minutes, so perhaps that was part of the problem.

+1

Project Reclamation
taking back ground for life

March 25, 2009 5:37 pm
revmoose2

revmoose2

Gearhead

from Cartersville, Ga
51 posts

still not working, contacting support

FF00FF Team Rocks
Twitter Feed

March 25, 2009 6:04 pm

schsieh

Urchin

4 posts

When I tried to delete an item (call log, SMS, or notes), it tells me the iPhone has Passcode Lock enabled.  But my iphone is not passcode lock enabled.  Anyone else having this problem?

March 25, 2009 11:02 pm
zetasquared

zetasquared

Gearhead

55 posts

When I try to download or get a lisence I get "Some information missing or invalid. Etc, etc"......same as others above.

This app looks great, please fix the problem soon! I want to use it :-).

March 25, 2009 11:03 pm
kimad03

kimad03

Gearhead

from Monterey, CA
63 posts

nullstream wrote:

"PhoneView

I have the same problem as this:
This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem.

Any word on when the license will be fixed?

Just say NO to *BSOD*

March 25, 2009 11:44 pm
kimad03

kimad03

Gearhead

from Monterey, CA
63 posts

revjdg wrote:
filmgirl wrote:

+1

+2

looks like it's because I also purchased within the first 5-10 minutes as well

Just say NO to *BSOD*

March 25, 2009 11:46 pm
Lecter

Lecter

Urchin

from Los Angeles (Canoga Park)
6 posts

Hi Glen,

FYI, I too am getting the "This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem."

I'll wait for an update.

Jim

March 26, 2009 12:10 am
DerBoss

DerBoss

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,067 posts

this applications comes handy should get my iphone tomorrow.

Click here to get Dropbox Storage for free + additional 250 MB

March 26, 2009 12:16 am
LordZog

LordZog

Automaton Tech

264 posts

I've received an email from Ecamm Network with a functioning link to download the app. Three cheers!

Why do people seem to think they have the right to not be offended?

March 26, 2009 1:19 am
martinsmith

martinsmith

Tinkerer

from Charlotte NC
44 posts

My license did not work last night and I got the demo version when I downloaded not neither the download button nor the license file work.  I too ws one of the first 10 minute purchasers ( I wached the count go down from 700 to about 500 smile )

I am not a droog I am a free man

March 26, 2009 2:05 am
glen_ecamm

glen_ecamm

Urchin

5 posts

schsieh wrote:

When I tried to delete an item (call log, SMS, or notes), it tells me the iPhone has Passcode Lock enabled.  But my iphone is not passcode lock enabled.  Anyone else having this problem?

Please try enabling a passcode, and then removing the passcode.  That should fix the device's prefs.

March 26, 2009 3:37 am

msavory@nzbox.com

Urchin

1 posts

First run of the app and it crashed my phone and had to be force Quit

Not very promising...

Mike

March 26, 2009 4:53 am
e2na

e2na

Tinkerer

from a Green Flagged Country!
22 posts

I have a problem that the software recognizes my iPhone and display the folder list (Jailbroken) then when I click on any item other than the disk my phone reboots and the application hang for a while then when the iPhone is on again it keep doing the same!!

it was one of the things that encouraged me to buy the bundle could you please help..

 We Set The Standards 
         Green Leads        
     The Color of Hope    

March 26, 2009 5:25 pm
e2na

e2na

Tinkerer

from a Green Flagged Country!
22 posts

msavory@nzbox.com wrote:

First run of the app and it crashed my phone and had to be force Quit

Not very promising...

Mike

same issue!

 We Set The Standards 
         Green Leads        
     The Color of Hope    

March 26, 2009 7:30 pm
glen_ecamm

glen_ecamm

Urchin

5 posts

msavory & e2na, please contact Ecamm support and one of us will help you troubleshoot.  It's not an issue that I'm familiar with, but we should be able to track it down.
-Glen

March 26, 2009 9:03 pm

dru2

Urchin

1 posts

when i connect my iphone, none of the data selections work.  i click on notes, and it spins, then blank.

???

March 30, 2009 12:52 am

jeffmiller

Urchin

5 posts

This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem.

April 3, 2009 12:32 am
macheister2000

macheister2000

Urchin

7 posts

For iSale, Phoneview and Little Snapper I get this error:

Waiting...

April 3, 2009 3:41 am

texasag03

Urchin

1 posts

PhoneView just doesn't work.  When I click on an item in the left hand pane, it works for a bit then crashes my iPhone.

April 3, 2009 4:09 am

pheide@gmail.com

Urchin

2 posts

Me too: "This license temporarily failed to generate. Please be patient as we work to correct the problem."

April 3, 2009 6:02 am

shopping@nensha.com

Urchin

from Monument, CO, USA, Earth
1 posts

"when i connect my iphone, none of the data selections work.  i click on notes, and it spins, then blank."

I'm having the same problem. The rest of the areas seem to work fine.

April 3, 2009 3:00 pm

jmghollywood

Urchin

4 posts

Hi,

I get this message when I go to view my reciept:

April 3, 2009 3:49 pm

sste.75@gmail.com

Urchin

1 posts

when i connect my iphone, none of the data selections work.  i click on notes, and it spins, then blank.

same problem....

April 3, 2009 10:00 pm

ddrucjer

Urchin

from Vancouver, British Columbia
2 posts

I just get a spinning busy cursor. Nothing works. Only app so far that's been a bust.

April 4, 2009 6:57 pm
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ PhoneView support

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?