Forums

✚ Kinemac support

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ Kinemac support

solidreid

Urchin

1 posts

Same for me, the registration file link does not work.

March 25, 2009 9:34 pm

jas17

Urchin

1 posts

Same for me. I've tried from the e-mail I received and it says that no server exists. Also, I've tried to right click and control click (same thing) and that does not work either. PLEASE HELP!!!

March 25, 2009 9:52 pm
mpstrex

mpstrex

Automaton Tech

from Palm Beach County, FL
108 posts

Everyone,

Make sure you read all the posts because you'll see that the solution is to go to www.macheist.com/order and you'll get it there.

mpstrex

http://heathmcknight.com
http://twitter.com/hmcknight

March 25, 2009 10:14 pm

Dave 5000

Urchin

5 posts

I don't get how to save into the folder.  The text file won't drag and drop, you can't cut and paste into the folder or the folder in applications (or do you not open the text file somehow?  )

March 25, 2009 11:03 pm

hotaine

Urchin

1 posts

The registrationfile.txt link in my receipt does not work.

March 26, 2009 12:16 am

danielobrien

Urchin

2 posts

Contents of my RegistrationFile.txt:

<status>-103</status>
<message>Cannot create new customer</message>

That's when I access the working link via my receipt page. Understandably Kinemac doesn't seem to accept it. Any help? smile

March 26, 2009 1:10 am

brodie001

Urchin

2 posts

Clicked on Download RegistrationFile.txt and got a bad URL. Looks like the URL forgot the Domain and just has the folder and order number attached. Please let me know when you find a solution.

MacHeist Rocks!

March 26, 2009 3:10 am
mybalogna

mybalogna

Urchin

2 posts

danielobrien wrote:

Contents of my RegistrationFile.txt:

<status>-103</status>
<message>Cannot create new customer</message>

That's when I access the working link via my receipt page. Understandably Kinemac doesn't seem to accept it. Any help? smile

I get the same result. It looks like a problem with names containing apostrophes (my last name's O'Dea).

March 26, 2009 3:58 am

semple

Tinkerer

20 posts

SAGOIS SLU wrote:

I can download the registration.txt file, but Kinemac opens in unregistered copy mode whenever the file is in the kinemac directory. Why?

I think this is a great bundle.  I'm grateful too

I find the problem kernel panic of registered copy of kinemac..
If unplug the internet connection to start the registered copy of kinemac,  it can work fine.
or deauthorize computer every time to quit.... sad

I think the problem is checking registration  through internet cause quit unexpectedly .... sad
I hope fix it soon....

March 26, 2009 5:33 am
mauko

mauko

Automaton Tech

216 posts

I wrote to Kinemac support... same problems...

There is NO signature, do you see a signature?

March 26, 2009 6:28 am

chikles

Urchin

3 posts

Hey,no link for my serial#,unregistered user?

March 26, 2009 1:25 pm
audionx

audionx

Urchin

from germany
7 posts

semple wrote:
SAGOIS SLU wrote:

I can download the registration.txt file, but Kinemac opens in unregistered copy mode whenever the file is in the kinemac directory. Why?

I think this is a great bundle.  I'm grateful too

I find the problem kernel panic of registered copy of kinemac..
If unplug the internet connection to start the registered copy of kinemac,  it can work fine.
or deauthorize computer every time to quit.... :(

I think the problem is checking registration  through internet cause quit unexpectedly .... :(
I hope fix it soon....

Solution, if you got a proper RegistrationFile.txt but Kinamac is not working after activating:

as I posted before (if anybody reads all the post in this thread at all)

the problem with kinemac might be ApplicationEnhancers! for Mac OS X 10.5.5 and later. 
They have to be deleted, otherwise Kinemac will not work at all.

read
http://unsanity.com/haxies/ape/

or check your system if there are installed, if directory is there, they might be installed
~/Library/Application Enhancers/

AX

cute machines, hate me...

March 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Orben_H

Urchin

1 posts

How do I get the RegistrationFile.txt?  The link doesn't work!

March 26, 2009 3:44 pm
dsw1958

dsw1958

Big Game Hunter

856 posts

just tried to download and it fails with an error 403 - access forbidden.

March 26, 2009 8:06 pm

Tiggod

Urchin

2 posts

Thanks for the how to in this one.  Worked for me!
Tiggod

March 26, 2009 11:54 pm

rastarman

Urchin

1 posts

I had saved my MacHeist web page receipt as a PDF, with live links in it. Although the email link doesn't work, the PDF link does.

March 27, 2009 3:18 am
mactaxus

mactaxus

Tinkerer

10 posts

Thanks dude!!!!

March 27, 2009 3:28 am
mactaxus

mactaxus

Tinkerer

10 posts

works fine here! download the text file in the macheist/order web page, and put the file in the kinemac folder in app folders!

March 27, 2009 3:30 am
soconnor

soconnor

Urchin

3 posts

philipdg wrote:
ride_hard12 wrote:

Same with me RegistrationFile.txt link does not work in email.

ditto!

double ditto

March 27, 2009 3:36 am
Slow4Show

Slow4Show

Urchin

from Jackson, MS
6 posts

Try right (control + click) on the file and "Download Link File" to your downloads folder.  That worked for me, thanks now I can go to bed.

March 27, 2009 7:43 am

ikenster

Urchin

2 posts

Registration Link still not working

March 27, 2009 11:48 am

robhak

Urchin

1 posts

i wasnt logged in while i bought the bundle.. and the wownload of the registration link dont work. how can i use my app now ?

March 27, 2009 12:22 pm

nicholaswyoung

Urchin

1 posts

Odd. When I go to MacHeist.com/order, not only does the Macheist III bundle not show up on the left, but when I enter my email address, I get an error - noting that purchases with that email cannot be found. I double checked it with the license email they sent.

At any rate, the MacHeist bundle rocks... and I trust that they'll figure this one out.

March 27, 2009 1:49 pm

mirko@vidovic.org

Urchin

from Bern.CH
1 posts

Whenever I access the order page, I get a link to the /order/id// page where there's nothing.

Have Macheist lost my ID?
Please help.

March 27, 2009 2:20 pm
koorb

koorb

Urchin

from UK
3 posts

I got the RegistrationFile file from the receipt page no problem but Kinemac wont start with it in the folder, just ends up "Not Responding" and then crashes!! sad

March 27, 2009 2:24 pm
alex@artsy.ca

alex@artsy.ca

Urchin

5 posts

My registration file doesn't work to activate this program even though it downloads correctly.

I don't have application enhancers, never have never will.

So what is it?  Maybe my geolocation? well anyway, I guess I won't be burning up the airwaves with my latest real time animation of a quicktime video playing in real time on a virtual film roll.

March 27, 2009 2:53 pm

xduffy

Urchin

1 posts

The link in the mail didn't work for me either…

March 27, 2009 3:16 pm
ismartin

ismartin

Automaton Tech

from Never very far
103 posts

No link in my receipt.

OrangeTeam :-)

March 27, 2009 5:17 pm

Jafu

Urchin

2 posts

holydog wrote:

Go to     
   www . macheist . com / order     
(Sorry I am a New Members,so cannot post Links)

Click  " MacHiest iii"  on the left side
Scroll down to
  Kinemac
Save RegistrationFile.txt (Right click on the link and "Save Linked File As.." )
in the same folder as the Kinemac application.

Tried this and relaunched Kinematic. When I click "About Kinemac" it still says unregistered copy... What's wrong?

EDIT: Just discovered what's wrong. You really need to call it RegistrationFile.txt. Then it works! When I downloaded the file it got another name with a lot of numbers as name.

March 27, 2009 5:27 pm
pthompsen

pthompsen

Automaton Tech

from Pennsylvania
152 posts

One weird issue I've had with Kinemac (which is otherwise a great program) is the tendency to launch in unregistered mode, even if you have a valid RegistrationFile.txt file in the same folder.  It seems to happen to me if I've assigned Kenemac to a Space in Spaces, but double-click a Kinemac document in a different space.  So I've gotten in the habit of only opening Kinemac files from within Kinemac.

This registration system is perhaps the one blemish to what again is a great program (and value at this price).  I understand the need to prevent piracy, but it seems that Kinemac's registration system isn't the most robust.  But at least it's not as onerous as Adobe's "activation" policy for Creative Suite, which is ridiculous, in my opinion.

"To be educated is to become more human."
- J. Lawrence Walkup

March 27, 2009 5:27 pm

filmdesigner

Urchin

1 posts

I'm thankful for the bundle and am glad to help these charities, though I purchased the MacHeist3 Bundle for Kinemac only, and have no interest in any of the other apps.

I tried each of the methods described by others here, and still cannot get it to work. I did have an app enhancer and deleted the file to try it as recommended, with no difference in results.

When I right/control click (from the web-receipt page) to save the registration txt file, it's called, "1C1426821P856735R.txt"

If you left (standard) click, it will automatically be saved in the download folder and it is called, "RegistrationFile.txt".

I've tried adding it to the folder several times with each of the two different file names, separately and together, and still no luck.

I am a relatively advanced Mac user and can't quite figure this one out, even though there are others that seem to be successful.

I see that various forum members are replying to each other, which is very nice, though I'm wondering if there's a moderator watching this forum that can point us in the proper direction.

Thank you.

March 27, 2009 5:33 pm

linducker

Urchin

2 posts

filmdesigner wrote:

I'm thankful for the bundle and am glad to help these charities, though I purchased the MacHeist3 Bundle for Kinemac only, and have no interest in any of the other apps.

I tried each of the methods described by others here, and still cannot get it to work. I did have an app enhancer and deleted the file to try it as recommended, with no difference in results.

When I right/control click (from the web-receipt page) to save the registration txt file, it's called, "1C1426821P856735R.txt"

If you left (standard) click, it will automatically be saved in the download folder and it is called, "RegistrationFile.txt".

I've tried adding it to the folder several times with each of the two different file names, separately and together, and still no luck.

I am a relatively advanced Mac user and can't quite figure this one out, even though there are others that seem to be successful.

I see that various forum members are replying to each other, which is very nice, though I'm wondering if there's a moderator watching this forum that can point us in the proper direction.

Thank you.

I have this exact problem as well. Very disappointing!

March 27, 2009 11:07 pm

uofcalumni

Urchin

1 posts

Registrationfile.txt for Kinemac is not valid, there is no link! Can anyone help?

March 28, 2009 12:06 am

kian@orangetentacle.co.uk

Urchin

2 posts

Nope, another failed license here.  Would really like the license for this chunk of software.  Although I enjoy Goo, this is something I can actually use for my job...

March 28, 2009 2:28 am

queenmother

Urchin

1 posts

registrationfile.txt  download link does not work

March 28, 2009 2:53 am

pekiyasimdi

Urchin

1 posts

holydog wrote:

Go to     
   www . macheist . com / order     
(Sorry I am a New Members,so cannot post Links)

Click  " MacHiest iii"  on the left side
Scroll down to
  Kinemac
Save RegistrationFile.txt (Right click on the link and "Save Linked File As.." )
in the same folder as the Kinemac application.

This didn't work for me but i got the Registration.txt file by entering my e-mail address on the order page. MacHeist sent me a link, then i found the link for the registration file on that page.

March 28, 2009 7:56 am

pesky

Urchin

3 posts

Sharing the same problem of not being able to get the registration to take. Have tried the many suggestions given.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

March 28, 2009 8:30 am
crayon92100

crayon92100

Urchin

2 posts

Hi
Not possible to download when a get save as I get the following message.
Safari can't save the file "(null) because (null ) can't be found.
Thank's for helping

March 28, 2009 9:40 am

narsim3011

Urchin

from Hong Kong
3 posts

can't download the registrationfile.txt per the email.
when you click the link in hotmail or mail
you get this
Safari can’t open the page “http:/order/file/52/” because it can’t find the server “”.
or if it downloads it the same file as the email you sent

March 28, 2009 1:27 pm
felixeile

felixeile

Urchin

6 posts

Alleluia I got it! Spent the whole morning at it trying all of the above to no avail.  What finally worked for me was: Save the Registration file to your documents folder, then open it beside the open Kinemac folder and simply drag the registration file over to the Kinemac folder and for the first time watch it take! Yippee!

March 28, 2009 1:45 pm
felixeile

felixeile

Urchin

6 posts

Alleluia got it! Spent the whole morning at this, tried all of the above to no avail. What worked for me was: Download the Registration.txt file to the Documents file -> open it alongside the Kinemac folder and simply drag the Registration file over to the Kinemac folder and watch it take for the first time! Open up Kinemac and there it is registered!

March 28, 2009 2:13 pm

narsim3011

Urchin

from Hong Kong
3 posts

Can you help please.  I have followed instructions and downloaded and placed the Registrationfile.txt in the same folder as Kinemac.

But the "About" screen still shows unregistered copy.

Please assist.

narasimhan

March 28, 2009 3:42 pm
felixeile

felixeile

Urchin

6 posts

Did you see the registration file go into the folder Kinemac?  If you did and then re-started Kinemac you should be able to see your details in the 'About' screen.

March 28, 2009 3:56 pm

narsim3011

Urchin

from Hong Kong
3 posts

Yes, I saw it go into the Kinemac folder. I then restarted Kinemac but still have the unregistered copy and the exported file has the watermark.  So my work is useless.  this is very frustrating.  I bought the bundle ONLY for the Kinemac application.

March 28, 2009 4:03 pm
felixeile

felixeile

Urchin

6 posts

I tried to send you the link to the Kinemac site where under Support -> FAQ -> you will find others are having the same problem as yourself so you might find the answer there.  For some reason this site would not let me add the link.

March 28, 2009 4:25 pm
felixeile

felixeile

Urchin

6 posts

It is really weird that it has taken so many different ways for so many people to be able to register this product.  The only hope is that everyone who has success will share their details here in the hope that one of them will be of help to somebody else out there.  I presume you have re-started your Mac?

March 28, 2009 5:04 pm

neflier

Urchin

1 posts

the link doesn't work...even with thoses instructions.
can you help me? I tried everything, it doesn't work for me.

March 28, 2009 5:37 pm
felixeile

felixeile

Urchin

6 posts

FAQ

Q: I have put the RegistrationFile.txt within the folder containing the Kinemac application. Anyway when I launch Kinemac, I still get a white cross on the Stage window, as Kinemac still runs as unregistered. What did I miss?

A: Please verify one by one these points until you get Kinemac work as registered:

Be sure your machine is connected to the internet.
Be sure the file name of the registration file is exactly "RegistrationFile.txt" (within the quotes).
Be sure you didn't modify the content of the RegistrationFile.txt.
We always suggest to create a folder named e.g. "Kinemac Folder" within the "/Applications" folder. Then put either the application Kinemac and the file RegistrationFile.txt within the "Kinemac Folder". Look here how.
Be sure the file RegistrationFile.txt and all of its parent folders are readable by the current user.
Run the application /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and repair your boot disk permissions. Please note "repair", not just "verify".
If you can't yet succeed, please create a temporary user (on the System Preferences/Accounts panel) then log in as that user. Then Launch Kinemac. If it runs, please contact us providing the information listed here below. We will do our best to let you run Kinemac from your own account.
Verify that your Firewall doesn't prevent Kinemac to talk to our remote server. If so try to disable your firewall just for one minute. Then launch Kinemac and reactivate your firewall just after. Kinemac needs to be authorized one time only.
Launch Kinemac. If you still see the white cross on the Stage, call the menu item "Kinemac:Authorize Computer". If this doesn't authorize your machine or if the menu item is disable, please contact us providing the information listed here below.
If you previously run Kinemac on a different machine, you should run again Kinemac on that old machine and call there the menu item "Kinemac:Deauthorize Computer" as shown here. You should see the white cross on the Stage window meaning that your old computer has been deauthorized properly. If so, quit. Now launch Kinemac on your new machine. If connected to the internet, it will be automatically authorized. If not, please call the menu item "Kinemac:Authorize Computer". If this doesn't authorize your machine or if the menu item is disable, please contact us providing the information listed here below.
If you fall into the previous point but your old authorized machine is not longer available (you sold it, they stole it...) please contact us providing your license number, name and email you used to register the product and the reason of your support request.

March 28, 2009 5:51 pm

softish

Urchin

3 posts

no working link in my email(s)! = no license(s)
Wonder when will I receieve the serials and apps-link if ever!?

March 28, 2009 6:11 pm

mtlassich

Urchin

1 posts

Me too.  I bought this bundle for Kinemac only, and it refuses to run.  I have followed all instructions to the letter -- downloaded the RegistrationFile.txt from my receipt page, made sure the filename was correct, made sure I have no Application Enhancers running (even removed the folder), checked / repaired permissions), made sure firewall was off, restarted Mac, logged in as new temporary account, logged in as root, re-downloaded app, downloaded another copy from MacUpdate to make sure my copy was not corrupt, etc., etc., etc.

Kinemac launches once after the RegistrationFile.txt is in place.  Checking the About dialog reveals my name, email address and registration number.  The Authorize This Computer option is dimmed.  Opening a new document still reveals the white crosses and Kinemac bug on the stage.  After 5 seconds the app quits with no dialog, then refuses to relaunch until I install a fresh copy and repeat the process.  It's been 3 hours now, and I really need to get back to work.

I built my own computer in 1977, have been working in I.T. and application training since 1987, currently manage I.T. for 2 newspapers, 2 print shops and one world-famous fine art print collection -- plus 92 incidental accounts.  I realize this does not make me special, but I do believe that if the problem is this serious and persistent that even someone of my experience cannot install it successfully, then the developer needs to rethink their DRM.

March 28, 2009 10:35 pm
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ Kinemac support

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?