Forums

✚ Kinemac support

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ Kinemac support

brendand

Urchin

1 posts

When I launch Kinemac, it just crashes on me. In the log file it says:

28/03/09 6:42:43 PM Kinemac_Tiger[70086] Kinemac v. 1.6.6, for Tiger.
28/03/09 6:42:43 PM [0x0-0x9321318].com.kinemac.kinemac[70086] /bin/sh: ifconfig: command not found
28/03/09 6:42:48 PM com.apple.launchd[218] ([0x0-0x9321318].com.kinemac.kinemac[70086]) Exited abnormally: Segmentation fault

I have Leopard. Does Kinemac only work on Tiger?

March 29, 2009 12:47 am

linducker

Urchin

2 posts

brendand wrote:

28/03/09 6:42:43 PM [0x0-0x9321318].com.kinemac.kinemac[70086] /bin/sh: ifconfig: command not found
28/03/09 6:42:48 PM com.apple.launchd[218] ([0x0-0x9321318].com.kinemac.kinemac[70086]) Exited abnormally: Segmentation fault

I get a crash too with leopard!

March 29, 2009 2:36 am

duboisst

Urchin

3 posts

How do I register.  No  link.???

March 29, 2009 3:14 am
roadblock

roadblock

Urchin

6 posts

Im only using the trial until my account stuff is worked out. But in the trail I get a crash when doing certain things. After the first time I pull up the Bezeir screen it will crash if I try to pull it up again. Also randomly things just wont work on it. Ill try to resize something and it wont work. or ill click something and it wont.

March 29, 2009 3:41 am

carlofed

Urchin

2 posts

Link for Kinemac doesn't work for me, either.

March 29, 2009 5:46 am

imfine

Urchin

2 posts

Finally got this working. Wrote to Kinemac about the registration problem and they sent me a new RegistrationFile.txt. This time Kinemac recognized and registered without problems.

March 29, 2009 12:08 pm
alixnotes

alixnotes

Urchin

from foot on both sides of the pond
6 posts

I got the registration file ok from the instructions above. Thanks so much.... I was getting frustrated with the demo version!

Much appreciated for the info.

The *only* way to be your very very best is to pay attention to your very best.

March 29, 2009 1:30 pm

mikecam

Urchin

1 posts

Tried to get registration file with no luck.

March 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Sergesouszero

Urchin

2 posts

www  macheist. com / order doesn't necessary leads to "MacHeist III" page. If you get the "order page" instead, enter your emai adress and MacHeist will send you an email which contains the link that leads to the "MacHeist III" page. You will then be a able to get your Kinemac serial number.

March 29, 2009 5:26 pm

memadison2314

Urchin

2 posts

I dragged the registration file into the application folder but I still have the white cross out.  Any suggestions?
Thank you.

March 29, 2009 8:58 pm

cjcarbonell

Urchin

1 posts

link doesn't work for the regiostration file

March 30, 2009 3:51 am
alex@artsy.ca

alex@artsy.ca

Urchin

5 posts

I wrote to Kinemac support ( s u p p o r t [ a t ] k i n e m a c . c o m ) and got a new registration file.  Oddly enough, just looking at it in a text editor, it's identical to the one I got from macheist, so I'm guessing it's a white-space issue or end-of-file issue.. for what it's worth!

March 30, 2009 11:46 am

kian@orangetentacle.co.uk

Urchin

2 posts

Could not connect: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 61

E-mailed Kinemac who told me I had to talk to Macheist.  Kinemac have *no* details for my registration whatsoever.  Sending *another* e-mail to Macheist, but not heard anything back from them yet since Friday.

March 30, 2009 1:51 pm
WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Dirigible Captain

from a cliff in the arctic ocean.
2,847 posts

@kian and all others...

How about reading THIS THREAD before pulling your hair out ?

ALL your questions are answered there.

(favourite paradox) This page intentionally left blank.

March 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Benny5142

Urchin

1 posts

I have recently purchased the software package from MacHeist bundle. I received a e-mail with all the registration keys.  I have two issues with two different software the first issue is. I proceeded to the link provided in the e-mail what occurs is my final cut program opens how do I stop this from occurring. second issue is with souschef it does not take the key provided in the original e-mail can you please help me.

With best regards,
Benny

March 30, 2009 8:45 pm

ikenster

Urchin

2 posts

LInked file still not working

March 30, 2009 11:52 pm
kalel

kalel

Big Game Hunter

from New York
560 posts

audionx wrote:
semple wrote:
SAGOIS SLU wrote:

I can download the registration.txt file, but Kinemac opens in unregistered copy mode whenever the file is in the kinemac directory. Why?

I think this is a great bundle.  I'm grateful too

I find the problem kernel panic of registered copy of kinemac..
If unplug the internet connection to start the registered copy of kinemac,  it can work fine.
or deauthorize computer every time to quit.... sad

I think the problem is checking registration  through internet cause quit unexpectedly .... sad
I hope fix it soon....

Solution, if you got a proper RegistrationFile.txt but Kinamac is not working after activating:

as I posted before (if anybody reads all the post in this thread at all)

the problem with kinemac might be ApplicationEnhancers! for Mac OS X 10.5.5 and later. 
They have to be deleted, otherwise Kinemac will not work at all.

read
http://unsanity.com/haxies/ape/

or check your system if there are installed, if directory is there, they might be installed
~/Library/Application Enhancers/

AX

It is a bit frustrating to have these "if you read the whole thread" comments. I do not have any application enhancers at all. I am on a brand new MacBook Unibody and I have the same problem.

Get my sticker pack for iOS Messages!
binarynoir.com

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 31, 2009 12:12 am
kalel

kalel

Big Game Hunter

from New York
560 posts

I have found that the launch hang is directly related to spaces. I have nothing special installed. It has issues working on space 2, but at this point (still need to test) it has no problems on any of the other spaces. Very interesting indeed.

Get my sticker pack for iOS Messages!
binarynoir.com

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 31, 2009 2:48 am

tsukes

Urchin

1 posts

My license link does not work

March 31, 2009 8:23 am
remco.douma@gmail.com

remco.douma@gmail.com

Urchin

9 posts

The link for the license file in the e-mail downloads an empty RegistrationFile.txt?

March 31, 2009 12:16 pm

mirth

Tinkerer

from British Columbia, Canada
11 posts

remco.douma@gmail.com wrote:

The link for the license file in the e-mail downloads an empty RegistrationFile.txt?

That is exactly my problem too.  I've sent a message directly to Kinemac to see if they will be able to help me.

March 31, 2009 6:48 pm

jsulcer

Urchin

1 posts

Did every step, but still unlicensed.  The registrationfile.txt appears to be empty.

March 31, 2009 8:25 pm

ellisr1

Urchin

1 posts

My registration file is either corrupted or not encrypted properly.  Not sure what's going on.  HELP!  I bought this bundle specifically for Kinemac...

March 31, 2009 10:06 pm

fcbrand

Urchin

1 posts

The link to the RegistrationFile.txt worked but the file is empty.  The software still unregistered.  Any ideas?

April 1, 2009 4:02 am

grawen

Urchin

1 posts

The link in the emailed receipt did not work... but the link on the receipt web page did work.

April 1, 2009 5:05 am
Kampf Katze

Kampf Katze

Tinkerer

from Berlin
14 posts

Hm, same here... I can't register this app. So the other thing is, i can't see any regform or a menu for importing the (blank?) license file. I only can see a menu with "Authorize Computer" ut this menu is greyed out.

April 1, 2009 8:53 pm

rrDog

Urchin

1 posts

One suggestion Kinemac made was to create a new user and try and register the program there. I put Kinemac and the registration file into my Public File and logged in as the new user. I started Kinemac as the new user and it registered. I then copied Kinemac, the reg. file and the Kinemac preference file created to the Public file of new user and then logged in as main user copied Kinemac and reg. file to Applications and the Kinenmac preference file to Preferences Folder and I am up and running. I hope this may help.

April 2, 2009 4:10 pm

saumilzx

Urchin

3 posts

Got a blank RegistrationFile.txt when email link was clicked. Is it supposed to be that way? Their site says that there is some encrypted data in that file...
Any Kinemac does not seem to recognize it and Authorize Computer is dimmed in the menu

April 2, 2009 9:54 pm

ianherbie

Urchin

1 posts

Any suggestions on how to Register. Have followed instructions but get a blank page.

April 3, 2009 4:33 am

jhnsntmthy

Urchin

1 posts

Kinemac totally crashes on me within 1 minute of launching the application. No matter what I do, it sits there and crashes.

April 3, 2009 4:45 am
k3mp3r

k3mp3r

Urchin

2 posts

linducker wrote:
brendand wrote:

I get a crash too with leopard!

Mine is crashing also. I re-downloaded it but it still does not work.

April 3, 2009 10:51 pm

Barry Bransky

Urchin

2 posts

Hi - I was able to get the text registration file BUT it was blank and the software still states it is unregistered even though I have placed the text file in the folder with the app.

April 3, 2009 11:20 pm
gungadin

gungadin

Automaton Tech

from Around the Puget Sound
158 posts

I have tried everything (almost) posted here. I get the real encrypted RegistrationFile.txt...and have even erased everything and started over from my receipt. Still won't work.

In between times I have gone to their site and checked out their forums. One has examples of Kinemac Newbys first animations. Really quite nice. Now I want it bad. There aren't very many user/members on their site so I can see why they wanted to be involved with the MacHeist package to advertise their product.

Since I am still hopeful all will be worked out in the end, I am not worried about it...I strongly suggest those of you having problems with the APP to register and join their user forums! I received a nice email from a forum/moderater within 20 minutes after I posted a small "congrats! looks good!" post about one of the newbys efforts. He just invited me to post my first efforts when I have one.

I sure will when I get it registered!    grrr ;(

"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning." Douglas Adams

April 4, 2009 2:07 am

eistrom

Urchin

3 posts

Well I can get the registration file, and I place it in the Kinemac 1.6.6 folder, but there is still no activation of product.
How can I get my license to work with this program. (It was the program that did it for me here, as I needed a Corel XARA 3D replacement for quick 3D text. )
Please help.

April 4, 2009 6:40 am

grambo

Urchin

from France
2 posts

The  registration file is empty (0 byte)... So it's impossible to activate Kinemac.

April 4, 2009 6:44 am
gungadin

gungadin

Automaton Tech

from Around the Puget Sound
158 posts

Does anyone know how long that we have to "fix" problems with registering Kinemac?

With the bundle purchase is there a time line for getting things fixed?

I want to do at least ONE project with Kinemac for the "learning curve" but cannot register it even for 30 days which would make me happy. I don't work in this field but want to experience this software. Why do they make it hard to even play with it for awhile?

OK, Lucy - SPLAIN IT!

"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning." Douglas Adams

April 4, 2009 10:33 am
Halessa

Halessa

Tinkerer

11 posts

Same problem here - the registration file is blank and Kinemac crashes when I try to start it.
Its the "most valuable" application in the bundle but at the moment it is worthless.

April 4, 2009 6:35 pm

Agustine Yi

Urchin

1 posts

I cannot download RegistrationFile.txt.
How to download for Registration File??

April 5, 2009 7:29 am
Halessa

Halessa

Tinkerer

11 posts

Ok, RegistrationFile.txt now do have content (I downloaded it again from the receipt-page), but Kinemac still crashes at startup. I'm using Leopard 10.5.6

April 5, 2009 7:41 am

mccornel

Urchin

1 posts

I am having the same problem.. when I open up Kinemac, I have that watermark on the back of the screen and it won't go away--so I know it hasn't registered. Help! sad

April 5, 2009 8:28 am

KennyL98

Urchin

1 posts

I download the registration file, but it is a blank text file.  I put it in the same folder as Kinemac anyway, but it apparently does nothing.

April 5, 2009 2:30 pm
Z4N3

Z4N3

Urchin

from MADRID SPAIN
4 posts

Cannot remove the DEMO limitations!!! have tried all the developers suggestions but still in Demo mode!!!!!! any help here?

April 5, 2009 3:39 pm
Z4N3

Z4N3

Urchin

from MADRID SPAIN
4 posts

4/5/09 3:25:29 PM Kinemac_Tiger[1853] Kinemac v. 1.6.6, for Tiger.
4/5/09 3:25:30 PM Kinemac_Tiger[1853] *** WARNING: Method setAutoresizesAllColumnsToFit: in class NSTableView is deprecated on 10.4 and later. It should not be used in new applications. Use setColumnAutoresizingStyle: instead.

April 5, 2009 5:55 pm

biomis

Urchin

1 posts

I can download the registration.txt file but it's empty.

April 5, 2009 8:11 pm
Rooth

Rooth

Urchin

1 posts

Empty as in 0-bytes, or empty as in not viewable?  It's not really a text file, it's got a few lines of text followed by binary junk, which may be foiling your viewer.  If it's >0 bytes, try using less, or just trust that it's valid.  Mine is 678 bytes in size.

April 5, 2009 10:14 pm
themacattack

themacattack

Tinkerer

from NJ
11 posts

When downloading the Kinemac RegistrationFile.txt file from the email it's blank, same problem others are seeing.

I wanted to try the link from the online receipt but I just keep getting to this page (I'm logged in):

"Order Lookup

If you made an order while logged in to your MacHeist account, just Log in to find your order details.

If you don't have an account or your orders aren't registered under it, enter the email address you used for your orders below, and we'll email you your details:

Email address:"

The Mac Attack podcast

April 6, 2009 12:21 am
themacattack

themacattack

Tinkerer

from NJ
11 posts

Disregard last post - Download the registration file from the online order receipt web page works.Had to follow link from email to the online receipt page...

The Mac Attack podcast

April 6, 2009 12:39 am

eistrom

Urchin

3 posts

Does the MacHeist team read these posts, or should we take the license problem up with the Kinemac support instead. ?

April 6, 2009 6:30 am
mattjngordon

mattjngordon

Tinkerer

14 posts

I'm having an issue with Kinemac registration. Everything was registered and working normally, until once when Kinemac locked up and I could only force quit it. Now when I try to open it, it will endlessly bounce, and consume 100% of all CPU cycles until it stops bouncing, and sits in my Dock until I force quit it.

I trashed the prefs file, deleted the app and reinstalled it. It still crashed. So I deleted my RegistrationFile.txt. Kinemac opened in two bounces, and it was quick and responsive. So there's something wrong with my RegistrationFile, causing Kinemac to crash.

Any ideas?

Go Purple!

April 6, 2009 6:47 am
Halessa

Halessa

Tinkerer

11 posts

I just took a look on my console logs and everytime kinemac crashes at startup, I get this:

06.04.09 10:41:13 Kinemac_Tiger[8343] Kinemac v. 1.6.6, for Tiger.
06.04.09 10:41:13 [0x0-0x13c13c].com.kinemac.kinemac[8343] /bin/sh: /usr/bin/grep: Permission denied
06.04.09 10:41:13 [0x0-0x13c13c].com.kinemac.kinemac[8343] /bin/sh: /usr/bin/grep: Permission denied
06.04.09 10:41:15 com.apple.launchd[172] ([0x0-0x13c13c].com.kinemac.kinemac[8343]) Exited abnormally: Segmentation fault

April 6, 2009 8:45 am
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ Kinemac support

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?