Forums

✚ Kinemac support

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ Kinemac support

lmeadors

Urchin

1 posts

OH! I get it, the link in the email is borked, but if you go to the site it's all happy and stuff.

Nifty.

April 6, 2009 12:54 pm
aaroncp

aaroncp

Automaton Tech

279 posts

Kinemac won't load for me any more in my MacBook Pro. It locks up while loading and using 100% of the CPU. I let it go for 10 minutes and finally did a Force Quit.

MacHeist: THANK YOU FOR USING MY LINK!
DropBox: https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTcxNjA5

Thank you for using my referral links!

April 6, 2009 1:34 pm
jacquel1940

jacquel1940

Urchin

from MONTREAL.CANADA
7 posts

RegistrationFile.txt does not exist.  Link fail.

April 6, 2009 4:21 pm

scunky1

Urchin

1 posts

Can someone sort this registration crap out!!

it is not working for everyone.

I have right click the link and  downloaded  it to the kinemac folder
but it's still not registered

This is a complete fiasco Macheist !!

April 6, 2009 5:12 pm
jacquel1940

jacquel1940

Urchin

from MONTREAL.CANADA
7 posts

April 6, 2009 5:42 pm
jacquel1940

jacquel1940

Urchin

from MONTREAL.CANADA
7 posts

No link to RegistrationFile.txt for me either

April 6, 2009 6:39 pm
dAlen

dAlen

Tinkerer

44 posts

The link in the email for the registration file downloads and automatically opens blank.
So I tried what someone else said...use the link on the webpage that was your receipt for the apps.

This time I got a downloaded file that opened with a bunch of txt.
I put the file with the app and the app still opened as trial software.

Dont know what to do? Has there been any solutions to this or any ideas why this is happening?
Good to know some of you are able to access the program. wink

Peace

Dalen

April 6, 2009 7:25 pm

rosho

Urchin

1 posts

Fake registration txt file for Kinematic - NOT WORKING - the app remain unregistered

April 6, 2009 7:48 pm
jimsteph

jimsteph

Automaton Tech

from Southern Arizona
199 posts

Once you've gotten the real registration.txt file (via the link on the receipt web page, not the link in your email receipt!) and put it in the correct location, you may need to do one more thing: in Kinemac go up to the Kinemac menu and choose Authorize Computer.  I, too, was stuck in trial mode hell until I did this, and now Kinemac's happy as a clam with my registration.

I don't want to build character, I want to buy it pre-fabricated -- Roy Jacobsen
Team Green

April 6, 2009 8:03 pm
dAlen

dAlen

Tinkerer

44 posts

Done that jim.
Actually here is how it happens.

I open the app, and it gives a demo license. (no other choices, no other menus, etc.)
I click ok and its already 'authorized'. - I deauthorized it, then restarted and it opened the exact same way.

Go figure.
Would be nice if this issue can be resolved in a consistent manner as it seems to have given many people trouble.
Thanks for your post...

Peace

Dalen

April 6, 2009 8:07 pm

godpye

Urchin

2 posts

I download the Kinemac text file but it is blank - no registration text on it.

April 6, 2009 9:12 pm

marcelo@trinity.cl

Urchin

1 posts

My app no work!, is for PowerPC? G5.

April 6, 2009 9:26 pm
dAlen

dAlen

Tinkerer

44 posts

Totally my bad.

I appreciate the patience of the guy who helped me out at Kinemac.
The demo screen was my hang up - It appears that is the screen you get no matter what.

You have to accept it and then if the license is there it authorizes it for you automatically.
If not you an click authorize. Either way its working.

The register number you guys will have to get from your receipt page, not from the receipt email. The latter will not work.

Looking back on this I cant believe I didnt see it clearer...but at the same time its easy to trip over the various ways all the applications require to be registered. smile

Peace

Dalen

April 6, 2009 9:47 pm

ronhip

Urchin

1 posts

I WAS able to get the RegistrationFile.txt from the link in my receipt, but it is an empty file. Program still seems to function. In my short usage I can't tell if the program is crippled in any way though... The "About" box claims that the program is unregistered.

April 6, 2009 10:02 pm
dAlen

dAlen

Tinkerer

44 posts

ronhip, what you need to do is go to the webpage that came up as your receipt...(hopefully you booked marked it)...click the link from there.

This one will not be blank.

All you need to do is put that file in with the app.

Upon launch it will still say Demo mode...this is what hung me up...
Just click accept, and you will see that your computer is authorized once the app launches. (without you having to do anything... though someone had to actually click authorize - )

You will know that its working when you see the about and it has the registration in your name, with your email, and license number. Also, there will not be any 'x' over the graphics and you can save.

Hope you get it to work, and maybe this helps others out. It is a bit tricky as its different than other methods of registering... smile

Peace

Dalen

April 6, 2009 10:11 pm

fsibold

Urchin

1 posts

I saved the RegistrationFile.txt in the same folder as the Kinemac application. It doesn't work.

The file has zero byte !

:-(

April 6, 2009 10:45 pm
ctbeiser

ctbeiser

Tinkerer

from In front of a big CRT
34 posts

On export, textures turn really funny and don't work right, are slow, and unusable.

Roses are red,
Oranges are orange,
I can put whatever I want on this line,
Nothing rhymes with Orange.

April 7, 2009 1:32 am

Prime1153

Urchin

3 posts

holydog wrote:

Go to     
   www . macheist . com / order     
(Sorry I am a New Members,so cannot post Links)

Click  " MacHiest iii"  on the left side
Scroll down to
  Kinemac
Save RegistrationFile.txt (Right click on the link and "Save Linked File As.." )
in the same folder as the Kinemac application.

This solved my problems. The email link provides a blank file while the one through this method actually contains text. Thanks, holydog.

April 7, 2009 2:23 am

gridout1959

Urchin

1 posts

April 7, 2009 2:34 am

kbowe

Urchin

3 posts

Admittedly I'm a newbie to MacHeist...so be gentle.  I've failed in my attempt to the common solution of going to macheist/order, clicking on Macheist III blah blah blah

What is plan C?  BTW, love the potential here.

April 7, 2009 2:50 am

fseesink

Urchin

2 posts

Like many I suffered the glitch caused by a malformed URL in the email version of my receipt.  Visiting the MacHeist website and downloading the RegistrationFile.txt file from there resolved that issue.

When I launch the app initially, all appears right with the world.  And then KABOOM!  Less than 1 minute into attempting to use the program, it dies a vicious death.  This alone wouldn't be so bad, except once this happens, I CAN NO LONGER RUN KINEMAC!  Any attempt to fire up the program causes it to die almost instantly (you see the briefest glimpse of the icon on the Dock and then it's gone).

Note I do not have Application Enhancers, nor anything that I'm aware of that should cause any issues like this.

I'll skip all the troubleshooting I went through (though will gladly share this with the Kinemac folks), but let's just say it's completely repeatable, and what I found is that the Kinemac.app program appears to be corrupting itself.  Replacing this file with another copy from the .DMG resets things, only to have it happen again after a minute.

When I narrowed it down to this, it reminded me of an issue with Leopard's firewall when 10.5 first came out, where setting the firewall to 'set access for specific services and applications' caused some binaries to become corrupted (technically, OS X was corrupting a plist file making the app stop working).  But resetting things and disabling this feature in the firewall did not help with Kinemac, so I'm guessing this is not the source.

So at this point I'm at a loss.  I am completely unable to enjoy using this application, and it is THE app that made me interested enough to buy this bundle.  So to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.  The question is, who is responsible for providing support in this case, as I don't know whether the issue is due still to something with the RegistrationFile.txt (even though for that brief 1 minute I can see in the About menu that it appears to be licensed to me, though the Authorize/Deauthorize menu item is greyed out), or whether this is just the program in general.

April 7, 2009 2:57 am

fseesink

Urchin

2 posts

Quick note:  I also keep finding a goofy file at the root level of the system with a cryptic name, which I'm going to guess is part of the ludicrous registration system used by Kinemac.  Seriously, is this really necessary?  Can't the Kinemac folks please follow Apple's guidelines and not drop crap all over the place?  This is disappointing on so many levels.

April 7, 2009 2:59 am

trinchet

Urchin

1 posts

THe RegistrationFile.txt file downloaded from the email is an empty file.  The app still shows Unregistered.

April 7, 2009 3:17 am

tomarge

Urchin

1 posts

huh? i understand that some folks get this.  the txt file i got was empty.  you too?

April 7, 2009 3:19 am

kbowe

Urchin

3 posts

OK, I think I'm at the same deadend most folks are at...I downloaded the text file that appears to contain gibberish--which COULD BE encription stuff that is above my pay grade.  I moved the file into the kinemac folder and I still have a demo copy and no registration.

I glad that it appears smarter folks than I are having problems.  OK, I've had a fun night and it's time to get some sleep.

April 7, 2009 3:47 am

bedmeta

Urchin

2 posts

downloads an empty txt file. put in folder ..start up program. No registration

Hmm?

April 7, 2009 5:41 am

bedmeta

Urchin

2 posts

Empty File. Whats up?

Hmm?

April 7, 2009 5:42 am
Halessa

Halessa

Tinkerer

11 posts

jimsteph wrote:

Once you've gotten the real registration.txt file (via the link on the receipt web page, not the link in your email receipt!) and put it in the correct location, you may need to do one more thing: in Kinemac go up to the Kinemac menu and choose Authorize Computer.

I would like to do that, but Kinemac crashes after two seconds at startup so I don't have even the chance to authorize something.

April 7, 2009 6:09 am
kalleboo

kalleboo

Staff

from Kagoshima, Japan
265 posts

bedmeta wrote:

downloads an empty txt file. put in folder ..start up program. No registration

I tried your receipt and got the registration file fine. Perhaps there was some temporary glitch when you tried, please try again, following the link at http://macheist.com/myorder

Everything is my fault

April 7, 2009 6:12 am

Ghodzillah

Urchin

from Melbourne
2 posts

Registration is not working!

The fix is?

No problem, link from the MacHeist site works, not the email receipt

April 7, 2009 6:26 am
marengo

marengo

Urchin

1 posts

It's 12 midnight on the 7th of April and the Kinemac download of the "RegistrationFile.txt" is sending an empty file that doesn't allow complete registration of the product.  Everything other program in the Heist 3 grouping has been registered correctly.

April 7, 2009 7:02 am
kalleboo

kalleboo

Staff

from Kagoshima, Japan
265 posts

marengo wrote:

It's 12 midnight on the 7th of April and the Kinemac download of the "RegistrationFile.txt" is sending an empty file that doesn't allow complete registration of the product.  Everything other program in the Heist 3 grouping has been registered correctly.

I just tried this on your receipt and it's working for me. Is it still happening?

Everything is my fault

April 7, 2009 7:13 am

engelen62

Urchin

1 posts

Bought the Mac heist bundle but cannot get a registrationfile for kinemax..

April 7, 2009 12:25 pm

davidgallant

Urchin

2 posts

#fail

April 7, 2009 12:49 pm

csm2611

Urchin

2 posts

Tried to get license from email but there is no link

April 7, 2009 1:45 pm

csm2611

Urchin

2 posts

Tried to get license from email but there is no link

April 7, 2009 1:46 pm
huningning

huningning

Urchin

from Hays, KS
7 posts

I replaced my logic board because of the nvidia gate yesterday, and I forget to de-authorize it. Now I cannot authorize it. And opinion?

April 7, 2009 1:51 pm

adamesq

Urchin

1 posts

Have my registration file, but app starts - then crashes after a few seconds...then I have to dump the folder and drag from the image to even get the app to start up again.

April 7, 2009 3:11 pm

macluver

Urchin

2 posts

Same with me, it crashed and now will not work at all. What's with this?

April 7, 2009 4:02 pm

jeannedark

Urchin

1 posts

Sorry for my english.

The application crash after lauching... i have put the licence file in the same folder.
PowerBook / 10.5.6 Any idea?
Thanks a lot.

April 7, 2009 4:19 pm

djhan

Urchin

1 posts

link in email wasn't working for me. web browser show me 'serial not found' page.

Also,
www . macheist . com / order
wasn't working for me.... I can't found [Macheist iii] on the left side.

April 7, 2009 4:40 pm

ssplank

Urchin

2 posts

Having same problem as others. Clicking on RegistrationFile.txt is not working.

April 7, 2009 4:41 pm

tuckerb

Urchin

2 posts

Hi,

I tried the link (RegistrationFile.txt) in the email "Your MacHeist3 Bundle Serials" and got sent to a web page and the message - serial not found.

I'd appreciate a link to the registration number.

Thanks,

Bob

April 7, 2009 4:50 pm

GerTom

Urchin

2 posts

Hi,

i have the same problem:
I followed the link in the email for download the "RegistrationFile.txt"

And then i get the answer: "serial not found"

Can someone help me?

Thanks

GerTom

April 7, 2009 5:07 pm
noco

noco

Urchin

from Hong Kong
1 posts

Help! why my "RegistrationFile.txt" of my Kinemac is a dead link?

I'm not from China

April 7, 2009 5:53 pm

ranchdip@gmail.com

Urchin

6 posts

Downloaded registrationfile.txt, no problem.  The filename was changed to a alphanumeric filename (xxxxxxxxxx.txt) automatically.  It now resides in my folder with the Kinemac application but still will not register.  Please advise.

Thanks....Kyle

April 7, 2009 5:54 pm

ssplank

Urchin

2 posts

Went to lunch. Came back. Tried again. And it worked. I got a text file, put it in same folder as the app and it worked.

April 7, 2009 6:00 pm
mattjngordon

mattjngordon

Tinkerer

14 posts

The link in the MacHeist email to your RegistrationFile.txt is probably dead but the link on your online receipt at http://www.macheist.com/myorder should work just fine.

Download it and put it in the same folder as the Kinemac application. Start up Kinemac. If you still see the demo restrictions (the white cross on the stage and the Kinemac logo), click Kinemac > Authorise Computer.

If Kinemac is crashing on startup by bouncing in the Dock forever and never actually opening, repair your disk permissions by going into Disk Utility, clicking on your boot volume, make sure the First Aid tab is selected then click Repair Disk Permissions.

Go Purple!

April 7, 2009 6:24 pm

ranchdip@gmail.com

Urchin

6 posts

Downloaded the encoded file again, put it in the Kinemac folder and still no authorization!  Please advise..

April 7, 2009 6:35 pm

ranchdip@gmail.com

Urchin

6 posts

I also deleted the Kinemac folder re-installed and re-downloaded registration file....Still won't authorize. MPB 2.5ghz Leopard

April 7, 2009 6:45 pm
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ Kinemac support

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?