aesteele

Urchin

1 posts

RegistrationFile.txt doesn't link.

April 13, 2009 12:48 am

danjay

Urchin

2 posts

Went to download registrationfile.txt and get the message serial not found.

April 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Nilsjorgen

Urchin

from Oslo, Norway
1 posts

The registration file does not work.
What shall I do, can you hel me?

April 13, 2009 1:19 pm
gungadin

gungadin

Automaton Tech

from Around the Puget Sound
158 posts

I finally got it registered! Had tried at least ten or more times Maybe double that.

Beats me why it worked so easily but I did it on my desk top. I did not do the "save as" method. Just "save" to desktop and then I drug it over to the Kinemac file and plopped it in.

Opened it and saw the beautiful BLACK rectangle of success! Unwilling to believe my own eyes...I tentatively clicked on About Kinemac and saw the fabulous truth. There was my NAME after the "registered to"!!!

Yippee!! Yowza Yowza Yowza!

"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning." Douglas Adams

April 13, 2009 1:49 pm

arabinowitz

Urchin

4 posts

So what's the deal here? No serial number. It's been days since the problem was posted. How about a response?

April 14, 2009 12:52 am
btester92

btester92

Big Game Hunter

from USA
944 posts

April 14, 2009 1:14 am
Kriana

Kriana

Staff

from Somewhere over the rainbow...
401 posts

Hi guys

If you are getting a "serial not found" - you clicked the link in the e-mail. We know this link is bad. Please go to your web receipt, and download it from there.

If you're having issues with your web receipt let us know (in the appropriate thread)

Thanks!

Twitter

April 14, 2009 11:32 am

arabinowitz

Urchin

4 posts

Where do you find the web receipt? I log into my account and go to order look up (the only place I can find that would show this info) and it tells me to just log in and look up my order, or it could email me with my order - but you already said the link in email was bad.

Step by step please?

April 14, 2009 1:35 pm

arabinowitz

Urchin

4 posts

OK. Got it. Go through the link for emailing you with the receipt. It emails you. You click on the link. Which takes you to the web receipt. Click on the link in there and it downloads the serial info.

Thanks.

April 14, 2009 1:42 pm
WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Dirigible Captain

from a cliff in the arctic ocean.
2,847 posts

Also, you could have gone directly to:

http://www.macheist.com/order

Which expands into your current and previous orders.

(favourite paradox) This page intentionally left blank.

April 14, 2009 2:08 pm

mspeer

Urchin

1 posts

Same here serial not found ..

April 15, 2009 1:57 am

typtyphus

Urchin

from Netherlands
2 posts

check appshelfs, wich came with bundle. it'll provide a working link

April 19, 2009 4:56 pm

francaroibal@gmail.com

Urchin

1 posts

I can't download Kinemac on my computer...

April 23, 2009 8:58 pm

canoeten

Urchin

1 posts

Like everybody else, trying to download the RegistrationFile.txt from Kinemac generates a "serial not found" message.

April 24, 2009 6:16 pm

NikoVash

Urchin

1 posts

my registration turned from valid to unregistered.

April 25, 2009 3:32 am

freescotland

Urchin

2 posts

Is this really limited to a single machine?

It makes it useless for those of us who take work on the road on a macbook pro.

Is there no way to use this on my desktop and laptop short of buying a second license?

thanks.

April 27, 2009 1:47 am

thilo.hennrich@me.com

Urchin

1 posts

I am getting the Errormessage that the licence is allready in use on another Computer. Funy thing is that i only installed it on one.

April 27, 2009 9:42 am

kfkolonel

Urchin

1 posts

I bought the package from MacHeist, installed it, and began enjoying the programs on it.  Then in early May I bought my new Mac.  Everything that I have tried on this machine works except Kinemac (although I have not tried all of the bundle).  I get the message that it is already in use on the other machine.  (I erased all of the MacHeist files from the other machine because my young grandson, who now has the machine, did not want them.)   Is there any way I can get the license back?

May 14, 2009 6:32 pm
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

Try http://macheist.com/myorder and enter in the details requested, if there are any.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

May 15, 2009 3:38 pm
CraftyHeist

CraftyHeist

Automaton Tech

308 posts

kfkolonel wrote:

I bought the package from MacHeist, installed it, and began enjoying the programs on it.  Then in early May I bought my new Mac.  Everything that I have tried on this machine works except Kinemac (although I have not tried all of the bundle).  I get the message that it is already in use on the other machine.  (I erased all of the MacHeist files from the other machine because my young grandson, who now has the machine, did not want them.)   Is there any way I can get the license back?

You need to de-authorise Kinemac from your old machine before you can use it on your new Mac. If you no longer have the old Mac you'll have to contact the developers.

May 16, 2009 6:18 am
HiPhish

HiPhish

Urchin

from Europe
6 posts

Hi, I'm posting here, since the Kinemac team didn't respond to my email

I had Kinemc installed on my MacBook (where it ran without problems, although it didn't match the system requirements).
i formated the HDD and gave it away, since I bought myself an iMac. However, I did not delicense my MacBook, so I cannot license kinemac on my iMac.

On the Kinemac website it tells me to contact the developers, but as I mentioned, they did not respond for a week.

So I'm posting my problem here, hoping someone who can help me does read this

May 24, 2009 8:50 am
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

I emailed the developers, as I got a new MBP and wiped my old MB without deauthing.

They took less than 24 hours to responde, but it took me 72 hours to find out, because they had ended up in my junk bin.

Just double check your spam folder. You did use this form to contact, right?

May 25, 2009 4:31 pm
HiPhish

HiPhish

Urchin

from Europe
6 posts

Of course. Nothing in the spam folder.

And all I get into my junk bin is the constant flow of unblockable ads by my freemail provider. i get absolutly no spam. 
Well, I guess I'll have try again

EDIT:
Oh, wow, my problem actually has been resolved. I just launched Kinemac to get my MacAdress and the white cross was gone!
I was expecting some sort of confirmation email or whatever. Well, thanks to Kinemac team then. And sorry for spamming the thread wink

May 26, 2009 1:54 pm

macluver

Urchin

2 posts

Kinemac does not work! It crashes every time I try to use it, does it work for anyone else?

June 16, 2009 12:12 am

nomad411

Urchin

1 posts

macluver wrote:

Kinemac does not work! It crashes every time I try to use it, does it work for anyone else?

Never for me, well originally yes, but a few days later I was moving to a new macbook and I've bever ben able to make it work.  I followed their advice, used a new license they sent, etc.   Too bad, it was why I got the bundle  sad

July 10, 2009 12:52 am

Bender

Urchin

1 posts

I'm trying to install Kinemac on my new machine, but it says the license has been used on another machine already.  The problem is, I've already re-formatted the other machine and given it to my son.  So I can't un-license that machine.

Is there a way to get a new license?  Or is it possible to install and authorize on the old machine still, and then unauthorize it?
Thanks for your help.

September 10, 2009 9:52 pm
JackV

JackV

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,072 posts

in that case you need to contact the dev. the guys here can not help you with this matter.

I write about Juice on Entsafter.co

September 11, 2009 7:03 am

infurno22

Urchin

from Longwood, FL
2 posts

Kinemac Registration Question:

I installed Kinemac on my old laptap when I bought the Mac Heist bundle.  I do not have that computer anymore and I did not de-authorize it before I got rid of it.  Now I cannot authorize Kinemac on my new computer because it says, it's already authorized on the other one.  How can I de-authorize my registration and re-authorize on my new computer?  I have all the codes, it just denies me since I authorized it before.

What do I do??

November 3, 2009 10:49 pm
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

You can't. Not with us, anyway.

You will need to contact Kinemac support directly. Their turnaround time is decent and they seem understanding when this happens. I had it happen myself, actually; about a week after the bundle ended. You shouldn't have any issue.

Kinemac Support

Be sure to mention you were a bundle purchaser. I don't know if that matters but I know that some developers keep those records seperate for some reason. It can't hurt to mention it.

November 3, 2009 10:58 pm

chelu

Urchin

1 posts

I changed MacBooks and I am getting a message that I cannot install in this new MBP because I have registered in another computer.

Cannot activate the license on this machine because you have already activated all of your 1 licenses on other machines

What can I do?  I may ahve deleted the app on one oy my Macs - not sure which one...what to do? Thanks

March 5, 2010 2:55 pm
CraftyHeist

CraftyHeist

Automaton Tech

308 posts

Read the post above yours wink

Contact Kinemac and tell them what has happened

March 5, 2010 2:57 pm

HeuresHindoues

Urchin

1 posts

Got the RegistrationFile.txt and put it into the same folder as Kinemac.app but after relaunching the app, it seems to already be unregistered in the about splash screen. Any idea about this?

April 13, 2010 3:01 pm

thomjones

Urchin

1 posts

I recently upgraded my computer and want to put Kinemac on it. Apparently I can not have it on both of these computers (gave the old one to the kids). How can I change my license to my current computer.

April 29, 2010 2:47 am
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

Open Kinemac on the old computer, select "Deactivate license". Then place the license file in the Kinemac folder on the new computer. The rest should be automatic.

April 29, 2010 4:14 am
Ollie N

Ollie N

Big Game Hunter

662 posts

HeuresHindoues wrote:

Got the RegistrationFile.txt and put it into the same folder as Kinemac.app but after relaunching the app, it seems to already be unregistered in the about splash screen. Any idea about this?

I hace the same exact problem sad

May the Mac be with you
Get free Dropbox space for both of us!

December 9, 2010 12:48 am
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

Contact Kinemac. If you failed to deactivate before changing machines or reinstalling, your key will be tied up.

Another reason to hate product activation.

December 9, 2010 3:15 am

allfive

Urchin

4 posts

FYI: If the downloaded txt file doesn't read "RegistrationFile.txt",  you have to change the name of the file to "RegistrationFile.txt" in order the register Kinemac properly. Mine downloaded with a string of numbers/text in the title and didn't work until I changed the file name. :-)

March 23, 2012 2:22 am

GIUFED

Urchin

1 posts

Must sell the mac i have uninstalled Kinemac without deactivate.
How can I do for installing him/it sun another mac?
Thanks.
Joseph

November 2, 2012 8:50 pm

miicah

Urchin

1 posts

RegistrationFile.txt is in same folder as the app. Never authorized any computer - still "Authorize computer" is greyed out. Support is not helping at all. Lucky me that I didn't pay the full prize.

February 8, 2013 6:48 am
blue_fireball_eater

blue_fireball_eater

from Chicago
2,797 posts

From the first post:

johnred wrote:

Post any Kinemac support related issues here.

Known issues:
The link in the receipt email may be faulty. If you get a "Serial not found" message, download the serial using your online receipt http://www.macheist.com/myorder. A new fixed receipt will be emailed out in a few days.

Does this help?

Also, Has there been any major version release that requires a new purchase? This deal is several years old now.

avatar is from Penfield & Jasper, 1954

February 8, 2013 9:42 am

KoppAssoc

Urchin

2 posts

Kinemac, which I purchased, shows up as an "Unregistered Copy" with instructions to go to their website to "purchase" it!  Saving the encrypted "registration file"in the same location as the Kinemac application, as instructed, does nothing.

How to I get a license or get this copy registered?

May 30, 2013 11:38 pm
Timi

Timi

from New York
1,565 posts

You'll need to contact Kinemac because it sounds like the online activation is rejecting your license.  The license available through the bundle were for 1 active use at any given time.  If you forgot to deactivate from another computer they'll need to help you.

May 31, 2013 11:00 pm
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ Kinemac support

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?