Forums

★ BoinxTV

MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ BoinxTV
bdegrande

bdegrande

Sky Pirate

from Hoboken, NJ
1,241 posts

Everything is going to be unlocked.  Just for reference, here are the numbers from last year with 4 days to go;

$222,180
4 days, 15 hours left

If they sell ZERO bundles for the next two days, they are still running well ahead of last year's pace.

If you are a Dexter fan, check out The Dexter Cast podcast - iTunes  or www.thedextercast.com
Dropbox referral - We each get an extra 500MB

April 1, 2009 7:35 pm
DerBoss

DerBoss

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,067 posts

zetasquared wrote:

I will really look very carefully next time around before purchasing the Bundle. I didn't notice anything ref the unlocking crap when I purchased (purchased very quickly), nor did I notice it was not the full edition of BoinxTV. Come to find out as I listen and read different blogs and podcasts that this is fairly typical with the bundle. Anything from no upgrade to limited versions are  common.
I don't feel like I got ripped off. I got a lot of really handly apps in the missions and few things in the bundle that surprised me. But, I really only the bought the bundle for BoinxTV and was expecting the full version immediately upon purchase.
I will be more careful next time. BTW, spare me the you can just do this and that crap, it is not the full version, period.
In the bundle splash logo it should be clearly named BoinxTV Sponsored Edition, not BoinxTV. Same as Beta's the title in the splash logo should clearly call it a beta.

next time you should read carefully the content text before you buy stuff. (they told that it's the sponsored version on the reveal show)

you get real licences with the bundle, so it's upgradable. the nano/mission it another thing, cause you get the apps for free!
and the ref is just a price,  if you refer more people to macheist. it's not a must, it an addition.

Click here to get Dropbox Storage for free + additional 250 MB

April 1, 2009 7:37 pm
unkleEL

unkleEL

Gearhead

56 posts

Wow this app looks very cool! I was watching the demo video last night. I can't wait to get it *crosses fingers*

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

April 1, 2009 7:39 pm
szynszyl_99

szynszyl_99

Automaton Tech

from Warsaw, Poland
110 posts

I hope this software will be unlocked soon. I can't wait for it wink

ORANGE Team Member

April 1, 2009 8:33 pm

gwm

Tinkerer

31 posts

An update for BoinxTV just now appeared on MacUpdate: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/29575/boinxtv

April 2, 2009 11:38 am
DerBoss

DerBoss

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,067 posts

gwm wrote:

An update for BoinxTV just now appeared on MacUpdate: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/29575/boinxtv

thanks for the information.

April 2, 2009 11:49 am

Karen1979

Urchin

2 posts

Does anyone know if this can be installed on 2 computers if you have a laptop and a desktop?

April 2, 2009 1:18 pm
Kavau

Kavau

Tinkerer

12 posts

sollte BoinxTV unlocked werden, bekommt man dann die neue Version 1.2 ?

April 2, 2009 2:58 pm
DerBoss

DerBoss

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,067 posts

Kavau wrote:

sollte BoinxTV unlocked werden, bekommt man dann die neue Version 1.2 ?

die lizenz die du im bundle erwirbst ist als hättest du direkt bei boinxtv gekauft.
also bis zur nächsten major-update (version 2.0) kannst du kostenlos updaten.

April 2, 2009 3:14 pm
zerogeek

zerogeek

Tinkerer

from Vancouver, WA
28 posts

no sprechen german!  Can someone please translate?

April 2, 2009 7:40 pm
alienmeatsack

alienmeatsack

Tinkerer

21 posts

"the license which you in bundle acquire is as if you would have directly with boinxtv bought.
thus up to next major update (version 2.0) you can free of charge update."

April 2, 2009 7:48 pm

Karen1979

Urchin

2 posts

zerogeek wrote:

A nifty translation tool is: translate. google. com/translate
(i'm not a very active member so i guess i can't put in a link without spacing it up)

I'm nosy so I always look to see what people are saying smile It can even detect the language!  And google's tool works MUCH better than babelfish.

April 2, 2009 7:50 pm
DerBoss

DerBoss

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,067 posts

zerogeek wrote:

he asked if we get the newest boinxtv version 1.2.
i said the licence you buy is a normal licence, so all updates till version 2.0 are free.

April 2, 2009 7:50 pm
emannolie

emannolie

Tinkerer

from adasdf
43 posts

ugh im really annoyed just read the specifications and it turns out that boinx tv deosnt work on the black and white macbooks, which I have. O well.

edit- I tried out the demo and the only negative affect that I saw was that it was very laggy. but then I focused on it using blitz and it worked fine.

April 2, 2009 11:16 pm

BlakeStreet

Urchin

2 posts

No need to be annoyed.
If you read this thread, you'll notice that many people have it working fine on their black/white MB. Just don't expect broadcast HD quality... and that is fair, given the hardware, no?
I 4 1 am thrilled with BoinxTV. It is in all fairness the ONLY reason I bought the bundle.

April 3, 2009 1:47 am
WebKarnage

WebKarnage

Big Game Hunter

from UK
777 posts

At current sales about 24-25 hrs until BoinxTV unlocks! w00t!

This will get loads of use for fun, and possibly some semi serious use for music videos too, along with the ace Kinemac. We'll need our iMac to power this to best effect.

The Optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds, the Pessimist fears this is true.

April 3, 2009 9:03 pm
Nomisj

Nomisj

Urchin

8 posts

im soooooo excited for this!!! its so awesome!

smile

April 4, 2009 1:57 am

Noriker

Tinkerer

14 posts

A lot of people have been exicted about this app including me. I'd like to hear from someone who's been using it for a while, how well it does in actual production work. What hardware would you recommend?

April 4, 2009 6:09 pm

celticfc112@gmail.com

Urchin

from Wisconsin
4 posts

Would love for this program to get unlocked...Looks like we could do a lot with this program

April 4, 2009 8:29 pm
KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Automaton Tech

from East USA
198 posts

HURRY UP PPL AND BUY MORE SO IT'LL UNLOCK!!!!!!!

GO GREEN!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!
brendo_91: He's Waaaarbrain, Warbrain the pirate cloown.... he'll walk you off the plank... and in the ocean you'll drooown.

April 5, 2009 12:16 am

addabox

Urchin

1 posts

OK, so Boinx is unlocked, I check my online receipt, all there is is a link for "how to register" but I still don't have a serial number.

What up?

April 5, 2009 12:25 am
Moklonus

Moklonus

Automaton Tech

from Indiana
250 posts

addabox wrote:

OK, so Boinx is unlocked, I check my online receipt, all there is is a link for "how to register" but I still don't have a serial number.

What up?

It's 8:30pm - It is still LOCKED. Still need about $15K before it's unlocked.

"Whaa....?"

April 5, 2009 12:35 am
smurfspanker

smurfspanker

Automaton Tech

from Philippines
140 posts

Almost there....

April 5, 2009 12:59 am

SpartanPeer

Urchin

2 posts

BoinxTV should have been unlocked by now if the math is right ($400.000 for charity equalling 25% of each bundle means you need to sell $1,600.000 worth of bundles. Divide this by 39 per bundle = 41,025.64 bundles). We are past that number at this point, and BoinxTV is not unlocked yet. What gives?

April 5, 2009 1:18 am
KGameLover1

KGameLover1

Automaton Tech

from East USA
198 posts

nice math SpartanPeer..... WHERE IS BOINX?????

EDIT: Actually, I put it the total number of money sold divided by 4, it makes.... $386,448...........

GO GREEN!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!
brendo_91: He's Waaaarbrain, Warbrain the pirate cloown.... he'll walk you off the plank... and in the ocean you'll drooown.

April 5, 2009 1:39 am
WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Dirigible Captain

from a cliff in the arctic ocean.
2,847 posts

@SpartanPeer: As has been coverd innumerable times in other threads - the bundles sold for a value ranging from $31 to $39 depending on how many heists you participated in (and thus how much rebate you acquired). We'll be there in just about 24 hours if things keep up.

@KGameLover1: They aren't selling any money, so your logic is flawed wink

(favourite paradox) This page intentionally left blank.

April 5, 2009 2:08 am
Kavau

Kavau

Tinkerer

12 posts

countdown läuft smile

April 5, 2009 9:51 am
sharky05

sharky05

Gearhead

83 posts

I'm really excited about this app. Quartz composer is great, but lacks an easy playback mode. QTZ visualiser crashes on me sadly, so to get a quartz player this good with extra bells and whistles on is a real bonus!

Visit BTVgear for extra BoinxTV layers, templates and goodies!

April 5, 2009 10:03 am

Riprock

Urchin

4 posts

Woo, unlocked.

April 5, 2009 11:37 am
simonandmartina

simonandmartina

Automaton Tech

from South Korea
429 posts

It says my computer is too slow sad

Our ORANGE photo and movie blog in Bucheon, Korea: http://www.eatyourkimchi.com

April 5, 2009 11:40 am
samdale

samdale

Tinkerer

from Australia
23 posts

shmerek wrote:

I can't even get it to launch am I missing something? my machine is easily meets the requirements too

I seem to be having a similar problem. I have a 2008 model 24" iMac, and when I try to launch the program it bounces in the dock for about a minute, stops bouncing, and then does nothing further.

I confess I haven't contacted their support team yet, but I did scan their knowledgebase (no luck), and download the latest version (no luck either).

Did you get it to work yet?

April 5, 2009 12:08 pm

NickMorton

Urchin

1 posts

SpartanPeer wrote:

BoinxTV should have been unlocked by now if the math is right ($400.000 for charity equalling 25% of each bundle means you need to sell $1,600.000 worth of bundles. Divide this by 39 per bundle = 41,025.64 bundles). We are past that number at this point, and BoinxTV is not unlocked yet. What gives?

I was suspicious at first about the numbers not matching the charity amount, but then I thought about the fact that many of the bundles will be discounted due to the rebates from heist challenges.

April 5, 2009 12:24 pm
ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Gearhead

76 posts

BoinxTV unlocked, yay...

Now for the downside...

Requires OS X 10.5.5, QuickTime 7.5. This is the easy part.

Requires a "fast graphics processor".

"BoinxTV cannot work properly because the onboard graphics subsystem of your computer is too slow. This computer is not supported by BoinxTV.

You can continue and set up this document, but you should not use this computer for recording or broadcasting".

I guess those with a MacBook and have an integrated graphics card like the Intel GMA X3100 or earlier are SOL. This will be a big downer for a lot of people, left out in the cold because of "inferior" hardware.

Final downside for everyone, it's a "sponsored edition". Well... it's part of a hugely discounted bundle. I certainly would not pay 199.00 for a sponsored edition.

"All human behaviour is motivated by one or more of these seven elements: Chance, Nature, Compulsion, Habit, Reason, Passion and Desire" – Anonymous

April 5, 2009 12:41 pm
ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Gearhead

76 posts

You did not take into account those who participated in the missions and received discounts toward the bundle. Those who did all the missions that rewarded a discount could purchase the bundle for 31.00.

==

SpartanPeer wrote:

"All human behaviour is motivated by one or more of these seven elements: Chance, Nature, Compulsion, Habit, Reason, Passion and Desire" – Anonymous

April 5, 2009 12:52 pm
gungadin

gungadin

Automaton Tech

from Around the Puget Sound
158 posts

I am glad to hear that it will work at some level with my little white Macbook, Santa Rosa GMA version. After replacing the hard drive and upping the RAM to 4G AND buying the Applecare; it set me back about 2G. I will not be able to come up with that kind of scratch for years! I had to work 7-12s for over 3 weeks straight during the Xmas and New Years holidays last year to buy it. And it was graveyard, to boot, on a bloody aircraft carrier! Never again.

(Gotta admit the Navy ships around me looked pretty at night with their Xmas lights on...)

Anyway it will be fun to learn and I look forward to seeing people's beginner's efforts!

"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning." Douglas Adams

April 5, 2009 12:56 pm
Tenex

Tenex

Automaton Tech

from London
177 posts

So is the X3100 a definite no?  Pity as that's the Mac I'd take with me to use it.

April 5, 2009 1:00 pm
dannythefool

dannythefool

Automaton Tech

from Karlsruhe, Germany
167 posts

Tenex wrote:

So is the X3100 a definite no?  Pity as that's the Mac I'd take with me to use it.

Well, go and try it. They've stated previously that they just don't want to support the low-end graphics chipsets because you might not get very good results. If you haven't bought the bundle, you can still request a demo license.

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. (Elbert Hubbard)

April 5, 2009 1:21 pm
Tenex

Tenex

Automaton Tech

from London
177 posts

dannythefool wrote:
Tenex wrote:

Well, go and try it. They've stated previously that they just don't want to support the low-end graphics chipsets because you might not get very good results. If you haven't bought the bundle, you can still request a demo license.

Thanks but bought it after the intro show, I'm not too worried but it would be fun.

April 5, 2009 1:33 pm
Sulcalibur

Sulcalibur

Automaton Tech

from London, United Kingdom
367 posts

Oh crap! Well that sucks...

http://www.quicksnapper.com/Sulcalibur/ … rted-booo-

You should Follow me at - Sulcalibur cool
You know it makes sense wink

April 5, 2009 1:34 pm
tgsantee

tgsantee

Automaton Tech

from Eugene, Oregon
416 posts

Note that the license agreement for this version is for installation on one computer and that Made with Boinx TV must be included in any production. A five-second movie is provided for placing at the end of the program as a way to meet that requirement.

The avatar is my grandson Dylan who I can never keep up with.

April 5, 2009 2:10 pm
gorelets

gorelets

Gearhead

from pa
64 posts

This program is excellent!  I have Boinx's "IStopMotion" and it's equally strong (did I get it from an early MH bundle? I think so...).  Superior product... more than worth the bundle price!

 Go Green Monkeys

April 5, 2009 2:56 pm
ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Gearhead

76 posts

The 5 second movie is not mandatory. It's a strong request or bad karma may float your way.

This leaves the future in doubt. They could add some enhancements or push out a bug fix and sneak in a mandatory advertisement. Since you purchased the sponsored edition, they would tell you that you knew this going in and wash their hands clean of it.

No where in the agreement says they can't or won't.

==

tgsantee wrote:

Note that the license agreement for this version is for installation on one computer and that Made with Boinx TV must be included in any production. A five-second movie is provided for placing at the end of the program as a way to meet that requirement.

April 5, 2009 3:01 pm
apaulio

apaulio

Tinkerer

11 posts

I can't get it to work on my macbook, which is a shame (although I suspect that it would have worked on my 12 inch ibook that I upgraded from in much the same way thet Final Cut stopped working..

Ah well...

BUt I do have  mac mini and assume it will work on that? Will try later.

One question though, having had a quick dabble and watched a couple of making of videos I've not had a thought given the yay or nay: If I wanted to do a vodcast of using a piece of art software can I use Boinx to record what's happening on the screen or on a second screen unobtrusively or do I need to use something like Snaps Pro to record screen history and then edit it in in some way? Looking forward to using it has to be said, just no time to be playing with it and experimenting atm.

writer/doodler\youthworker.
Make me happy smile buy my books! (search Kercal on Play, Amazon and the rest).

April 5, 2009 3:50 pm
richtestani

richtestani

Tinkerer

11 posts

Yay!! It's available!

April 5, 2009 4:19 pm

clevermediagroup@me.com

Urchin

1 posts

I didn`t get the license code.

I bought on March,26.2009

Now there are more then 400.000 MacHeist3 sold and i am able to download boinxtv.

But i didn`t receive the mail with the serial.

What`s the Problem ????

April 5, 2009 4:29 pm
btester92

btester92

Big Game Hunter

from USA
944 posts

clevermediagroup@me.com wrote:

I didn`t get the license code.

I bought on March,26.2009

Now there are more then 400.000 MacHeist3 sold and i am able to download boinxtv.

But i didn`t receive the mail with the serial.

What`s the Problem ????

You don't get a new email. Go to http://www.macheist.com/myorder.

If I was helpful, consider signing up for Dropbox on my referral.

April 5, 2009 4:39 pm
ptrchp

ptrchp

Gearhead

59 posts

You should see it in the receipt page (MacHeist bundle page, up-right, view my receipt), scroll down until you find BoinxTV.

Thanks to the two kind people that bought via my referral (whoever you are wink )

April 5, 2009 4:40 pm
schlingel

schlingel

Developer

from Puchheim, Bavaria, Germany
60 posts

Hi guys,
just to clarify a few things:
BoinxTV builds on a technology called quartz composer that does all the graphic effects. All this 3D layering and (semi)transparency needs a certain amount of graphics card power for all this to work properly (Quartz composer almost entirely relies on the graphics card).
The "older" MacBooks and the "older" MacMini just don't have enough graphics power to handle BoinxTV well.
Even though you all saw the message that your machine is too slow, this doesn't mean it won't work. We just don't recommend it. But as long as you keep the resolution down to something like 320x240 you should still be able to achieve rather reasonable results.
I think we can all agree that you technically can drive a race with something like a Nissan Versa but you are much better off with a huge sports car wink

So if you run into any other problems with BoinxTV, don't hesitate to contact me here or on twitter or use the built in feedback assistant ( BoinxTV > Submit Feedback ).

Bastian Woelfle - Boinx Software - BoinxTV Support
http://www.twitter.com/schlingel

April 5, 2009 5:12 pm

jaybarcelo

Urchin

from San Juan, PR
9 posts

How do I broadcast to ustream.tv using BoinxTV ?

http://twitter.com/jaybarcelo
http://www.barcelo.us

April 5, 2009 6:12 pm

laurenmani

Urchin

1 posts

Does anyone have an old download link of Bionx (ie, version 1.1 or 1.0) so that I can use Bionx tv with tiger?

April 5, 2009 6:50 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ BoinxTV

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?