Lets make this more official than what is up so far. I will start editing with info as it develops or you post here.
The Heist, as Firefox is cutting off the last bit for some:
"A member of the MacUpdate team has learned that an app they've been pursuing for some time for their MacUpdate Promo service has been sniped by macZOT!. They have requested assistance in convincing the app's developer to switch services.
To do this, MacUpdate has provided our members with its application designed to exploit a security flaw in the macZOT! backend. Contact the developer through macZOT! communications and send a nasty message to terminate their relationship. You will receive a combo code as a reward.
Download brute force cracker application provided by MacUpdate and Austin Sarner
The vulnerable username is "apps"
You will need to attack the port that kerberos is running on.
Use it to enter the macZOT! mailbox
Through there, email developer Nick Ledoux and convince him effectively to drop involvement with macZOT!
On completion, we will contact you with a combo code as a reward"
1. Download the Kracker application.
2. Go to the developers page, http://austinsarner.com/. Click on files lower right, http://austinsarner.com/files/.
3. Download the NetConnect.framework
4. Add that to the Kracker application by right or control clicking it and selecting show package content. Copy it into folder /content/frameworks
5. Pinged maczot.com in terminal and used the ip that comes up. Hint, it is: 188.8.131.52
6. Kerberos port is 88
7. Run Kracker. Output comes after old computer game sound (you figure out which) and is.... aapz4p
8. Log in at http://maczot.com/panel/ with the nick: apps and the password from above, (aapz4).
9. Send an email to Nick by clicking on his latest message subject, then reply. Make it rude. Click Check Mail in upper left to get reply.
10. In the inbox is a working coupon for $4 off of AppZapper FYI. It is a great program if you don't own it. Look for:
firstname.lastname@example.org 12/05 5:16 PM + AppZapper Coupon
11. http://flickr.com/photos/blake4tx/212825604/. It is the photo from the Heist description, if you are curious.
12. Check your private messages on the MacHeist site, you should get a code.
"Thanks to your efforts, we've just received notice from MacUpdate that the developer has switched services. As promised, here is a combo code to receive your reward:
13. You get a link to a 5th heist in your private messages after you download your app:
"This is extremely urgent. Please check your briefings, the Directorate requests immediate assistance from its members.
14. Check the briefings, #5 is visable. Go to the new forum at:
http://macheist.com/forums/viewtopic.ph … 151#p32151
http://www.jessmccarter.com • http://www.cartabuzz.com