:excited clap & happy dance:
SO happy MH is almost back!

November 2, 2009 2:54 pm
clompers

clompers

Tinkerer

from Canada
26 posts

If you're having problems with actually getting the download button to show, I think you have to leave it for a minute before the download button will appear. I left the tab open as I was scouring the forums for a solution and when I tabbed back, the download button was showing.

Or if your problem is with getting the site to run, Google Chrome worked very well for me. It's still in development but you can get it from http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/eu … tml?dl=mac

November 2, 2009 6:36 pm
arianen

arianen

Urchin

4 posts

why do we have to wait sad

November 3, 2009 1:06 am
lambolover242

lambolover242

Sky Pirate

from 0800-00
1,068 posts

Wait. Wait. Wait. Oh well. Not the end of the world!

Is this really worth the trouble.

November 3, 2009 6:49 am
CraftGeek

CraftGeek

Automaton Tech

from Northern Colorado, USA, Earth
246 posts

Looking at my countdown, in my time zone, impact Will be at 5:00 PM on the 5th.

What do your countdown clocks say?

Don't anthropomorphize computers. They HATE that.

November 3, 2009 12:36 pm
gallagb

gallagb

Gearhead

79 posts

smile i've missed MH

*sigh

November 3, 2009 12:48 pm
Lokodude

Lokodude

Automaton Tech

from Norway
125 posts

No, this shouldn't start until December! Not because I don't looove MH, but because I'm in an exchange program in The Philippines, and have to connect to the internet with mobile broadband (and get EDGE if I'm lucky, 3G once every 20th day or so...)... I hope it won't be over before I get back home... (In the middle of december...)

By night we sail, by dawn we fight!

November 3, 2009 1:05 pm
Tom_Woot!

Tom_Woot!

Urchin

7 posts

(cue music: Budlight Real Ammmmerican Heroes)

Here's one to you...Mr. FastMacHeistCodeBreakerExplainer!

While everyone else drowns in a teacup of mistakes...you see through the screen of you American-branded, Chinese-manufactured expensive fruitputer, you see the depths and complexities, you see patterns...yousee, you see, I have a question, can you explain again that blinky thingamjig...

So crack another Bud open, crack another code, crack another riddle, Mr.FastMacHeistCodeBreakerExplainer! Because while everybody else sleeps comfortably, or procreates in the heat of the night, or enjoys a movie and eats popcorn...you get crackin'!

Mr. FastMacHeistCodeBreakerExplainer!!!! [rock 'n rolly chorus]

November 3, 2009 2:27 pm
delano

delano

Automaton Tech

from Alabama
462 posts

Nice one, @Tom_Woot!

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who read binary; and those who don't.

November 3, 2009 2:32 pm
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

Tom_Woot! wrote:

While everyone else drowns in a teacup of mistakes...you see through the screen of you American-branded, Chinese-manufactured expensive fruitputer, you see the depths and complexities, you see patterns...yousee, you see, I have a question, can you explain again that blinky thingamjig...

So crack another Bud open, crack another code, crack another riddle, Mr.FastMacHeistCodeBreakerExplainer! Because while everybody else sleeps comfortably, or procreates in the heat of the night, or enjoys a movie and eats popcorn...you get crackin'!

lol... that's all I can say.

NovaStorm Software || @NovaStormSW || @jfm429 || Dropbox + Extra Storage

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
- Alan Kay, inventor of Object-Oriented programming

November 3, 2009 2:48 pm

Urchin

8 posts

Thanks 151.7,174.4

November 3, 2009 3:10 pm

lejoyeuxretraite

Urchin

1 posts

Why All this Fuss about the coordinates..... they're written in the headline at the top of the page..... 151.7 174.4

November 3, 2009 5:41 pm
daba

daba

Big Game Hunter

from New Zealand
640 posts

lejoyeuxretraite wrote:

Why All this Fuss about the coordinates..... they're written in the headline at the top of the page..... 151.7 174.4

That's only after the first person clicked the "tweet for treat" button after finding it out without any help.

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” — Arthur C. Clarke. Sharing large files and backing them up using Dropbox is just like magic, and you can get 2.5 GB of free storage when you sign up for Dropbox with this link.

November 4, 2009 4:10 am

radiculous

Urchin

2 posts

dave, thanks for the hint, this is my first time to join macheist.. that's supposed to be the easiest one? uh oh..

November 4, 2009 2:16 pm
nickkilla

nickkilla

Urchin

from china baby
6 posts

almost time..hmmm time to free up my work schedule..wonder how to put macheist down as "busy time"..haha

November 4, 2009 3:02 pm
iData

iData

Tinkerer

28 posts

I scrolled from 0,0 to 200,200... didn't think I had to enter the exact cords.  If you scroll, it still sees everything - yet when I was in and around the area, I didn't see the spinning rock.

November 4, 2009 7:19 pm
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

Do you suppose the asteroid signifies the big bundle and each micro-asteroid around it signifies a puzzle we have to solve?

NovaStorm Software || @NovaStormSW || @jfm429 || Dropbox + Extra Storage

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
- Alan Kay, inventor of Object-Oriented programming

November 5, 2009 1:11 am
cpsone

cpsone

Urchin

4 posts

Speaking of work, being a weekend warrior on MH for the last few missions made me feel like a dunce. If I want to do better I guess my sleep time will be reduced for this one.

November 5, 2009 3:14 am
kenheist

kenheist

Automaton Tech

from Nowheresville, Flyover State
103 posts

cpsone wrote:

Speaking of work, being a weekend warrior on MH for the last few missions made me feel like a dunce. If I want to do better I guess my sleep time will be reduced for this one.

You could just sleep, and dream of MH (like yours truly)!

...not that it helped me any last year....

Dropbox referral: 2.25 GB of free cloud storage for you, an extra 225 MB for me!

November 5, 2009 5:42 am

badolina

Urchin

1 posts

Yes, great explanation, and indeed, over too fast...
it seems that in 2 hours something big is going to happen smile

November 5, 2009 9:16 pm
davedelong

davedelong

Tinkerer

29 posts

lambolover242 wrote:

Wait. Wait. Wait. Oh well. Not the end of the world!

Are you SURE?  There is a big 'ol rock hurtling at the earth...

Tom_Woot! wrote:

And all I have to say to that is.... I'm married.  wink

By reading this, you have given me brief control of your mind.

November 5, 2009 9:46 pm
daba

daba

Big Game Hunter

from New Zealand
640 posts

badolina wrote:

Yes, great explanation, and indeed, over too fast...
it seems that in 2 hours something big is going to happen smile

either that or the timer resets to 31 days again. lol

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” — Arthur C. Clarke. Sharing large files and backing them up using Dropbox is just like magic, and you can get 2.5 GB of free storage when you sign up for Dropbox with this link.

November 5, 2009 9:47 pm
afkbrbgtg

afkbrbgtg

Urchin

3 posts

2 hours left? damn sad i have to leave my house to go to work in 1.5 hours. sad

November 5, 2009 9:52 pm

spedione

Urchin

7 posts

I can't wait for 2 more hours.

November 5, 2009 9:54 pm

GeorgeVoniatis

Gearhead

60 posts

who can lol

Where there is a will, there is a way

November 5, 2009 10:35 pm
Yoda Skywalker

Yoda Skywalker

Urchin

from Spokane, WA
4 posts

Tom_Woot! wrote:

All I can say is... I think you mean "Real Men of Genius" tongue

"History says look back. Science says look around. Philosophy says look within. Christianity says look up!" -Ed Young

November 6, 2009 1:41 am

Nilrebnod

Urchin

1 posts

I'm wondering too...

May 17, 2010 12:50 pm
eaglesfan398

eaglesfan398

Tinkerer

31 posts

what is CosmicHeist and were do i start

Dropbox invite here plz help
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTI5MDY0NTI5

Lockerz invite pm me

May 17, 2010 8:13 pm
boboboe

boboboe

from Eastern Canada
2,356 posts

It is part of a previous year of Heisting and no longer available.

Flickr

May 17, 2010 9:54 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » [Unofficial] CosmicHeist Discussion

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?