Forums

✚ WriteRoom support

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ WriteRoom support

halfthai

Urchin

1 posts

Serial numbers appeared, but after copying and pasting the "Ok" remains greyed out? What do I do now?

November 7, 2009 10:22 am

Deepfire

Urchin

1 posts

My serial does not work :-(

November 7, 2009 10:24 am
daba

daba

Big Game Hunter

from New Zealand
640 posts

make sure you enter name that appears by your license on the receipt page by copy and pasting (c&p) and make sure you select all of the code from the web when c&p that as sometimes part of the code is hidden.

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” — Arthur C. Clarke. Sharing large files and backing them up using Dropbox is just like magic, and you can get 2.5 GB of free storage when you sign up for Dropbox with this link.

November 7, 2009 10:36 am

nerp27

Urchin

1 posts

so, i found that if i past the serial in sections, it doesn't truncate strangely and it accepts the code.  so randomly and subjectively paste the mother sucker of a serial number into the the alloted section and it should word.  i also copied and pasted it into text edit and made sure there were no extra spaces.  that seemed to work, good luck.

November 7, 2009 10:42 am

maarten@maartenockhuizen.

Urchin

1 posts

The solution is to copy each line and paste it in the registration box. all line at ones won't work.

November 7, 2009 10:43 am

kredep

Urchin

1 posts

Copy the activationcode from the website you download from and write the name you used in the registration. The "ok" button will activate

November 7, 2009 11:28 am

kristianlam

Urchin

1 posts

My license key does not work. Copied and pasted from Safari but the OK button remains greyed out.

November 7, 2009 12:05 pm

whoolie

Urchin

1 posts

Check the first letters of your name! It worked for me... I had to typ Whoolie instead of whoolie...

November 7, 2009 12:06 pm

kellyottesen@gmail.com

Urchin

2 posts

i got a license key, but my OK button is grey also. sad

November 7, 2009 12:39 pm

kellyottesen@gmail.com

Urchin

2 posts

oh, i figured it out! i used my email address instead of my NAME. haha

November 7, 2009 12:43 pm
double_supercool

double_supercool

Tinkerer

19 posts

Code appears but the key doesn't work for me either.

EDIT:  Triple clicking the serial on the Macheist receipt page and then copy/pasting worked.  Manually dragging across all the serial (even with no spaces at the beginning or end) did not work.

[[ http://www.thejuniorcompositor.com ]] A Chronicle Of Working In The VFX Industry

November 7, 2009 12:44 pm

omarosullivan@gmail.com

Urchin

1 posts

The step-by-step instructions don't really tell you anything new.  I've tried exactly what it said several times before and after reading that, and my OK button remains greyed out like the others.

November 7, 2009 1:08 pm

arkabeoeht

Urchin

1 posts

my serial code is a biagilion letters long, and does not work.

November 7, 2009 2:46 pm

cursedtea

Urchin

1 posts

just as everyone above - I am confused as to where the lisence # is - otherwise this isn't a free app .... can you let me know what i am supposed to do??

November 7, 2009 3:13 pm

zayl_the_archer

Urchin

1 posts

i have the same problem as mesocyclone, Toxic99, NateCow etc. the registration box's "OK" button is grayed out

EDIT: nevermind i had to type name not e-mail, thanks

November 7, 2009 3:57 pm

antisocial08

Urchin

1 posts

Some of you may need to realize that they are asking for your name and not email here.
The registration number is supposed to be extremely long.
This is a great App BTW

November 7, 2009 4:30 pm
chinajon6

chinajon6

Tinkerer

23 posts

I am blocked from hogsbay site. Is there another way to download the WriteRoom software?

Maybe a good proxy?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

:-(

Live Long and Prosper

November 7, 2009 4:31 pm

uberdeutsch

Urchin

1 posts

Serial appears. I copy/paste per the directions from the dev but the "Okay" button continues to be grayed out. Are we to assume it will work eventually?

November 7, 2009 5:01 pm

dlpoole

Urchin

1 posts

the OK button remains greyed out for me. gash

November 7, 2009 5:04 pm
btester92

btester92

Big Game Hunter

from USA
944 posts

@uberdeutsch @dlpoole

Make sure you copy every character in the serial. The same thing happened to me and it was because I had missed the first character in my serial.

If I was helpful, consider signing up for Dropbox on my referral.

November 7, 2009 5:05 pm

spasmodic

Urchin

1 posts

The serial is there for me, but extends off the side of the box and is partially covered by the next screen element.

November 7, 2009 5:36 pm

drewthevander

Urchin

1 posts

what the ef? i try to paste the code, but the ok box remains greyed out? at least i did not have to pay for this.

November 7, 2009 5:38 pm

ladykat

Urchin

3 posts

it seems the serial number is not correct... can we get one that works please?!?

November 7, 2009 5:39 pm

ladykat

Urchin

3 posts

ok i FINALLY got it.... the problem is with the NAME, look at the receipt page and type in the mane written there .. in my case it was only my first name. The key/serial is correct!

November 7, 2009 5:41 pm

sianni

Urchin

1 posts

I have the exact same problem. I paste in the supplied long serial code but the button remains greyed out.

November 7, 2009 6:32 pm

dkeyston

Urchin

1 posts

Write Room won't accept the code when I copy and past, forcing me to select the "Later" option. What gives? Thanks.

November 7, 2009 8:49 pm

arnorbarkar

Urchin

1 posts

had that grayed out button problem. It works after I copy/pasted my registration name also, they have to be an exact match.

November 7, 2009 9:50 pm
double_supercool

double_supercool

Tinkerer

19 posts

The only thing  can suggest is what I did above; triple clicking anywhere in the key will select "all of it".  I had been trying various methods for 10mins before I did this and it worked.  I noticed that when I pasted it in, the cursor skipped to the next line after the last character, which didn't happen when I manually selected and copied/pasted the code.  Obviously something happens in terms of how the characters are exactly copied that might do it, as noted by someone from WR on this thread.

Either way guys, it's a cool app, but you might want to really look into this.  Having this be so difficult is not exactly great marketing and just because it's free means that people are just going to not bother.

[[ http://www.thejuniorcompositor.com ]] A Chronicle Of Working In The VFX Industry

November 7, 2009 10:24 pm
phuketwalli

phuketwalli

Urchin

from Germany
1 posts

had the same problem with greyed out OK button.
I typed in the email adress as a user name, but you have to type in the user name above the email.
Works perfect!

love: mac, photographing, web design, programming, jazz music, electronics diy, old things like bulb radios, vintage computers (macs) and many other things....

November 7, 2009 10:50 pm

Kilosh

Urchin

1 posts

no key ;(

November 7, 2009 10:51 pm

thenameisbam

Urchin

2 posts

with the grayed out ok button, just make sure that the "name" is the same as the one that shows up above your serial key, after i fixed that it worked fine for me!

November 7, 2009 11:05 pm

kelawrence@verizon.net

Urchin

6 posts

Same problem, as the others: very long serial # & paste does not work!  :[

November 7, 2009 11:10 pm

mtheoryx

Urchin

2 posts

Serial isn't working. Bummer sad

November 7, 2009 11:15 pm

kelawrence@verizon.net

Urchin

6 posts

Tried all the suggestions &  still serial # is not working. Even went the long way around to the Website software registration  & still get error that : There was a problem with the serial number you submitted. 

Just curious, I'm still using Leopard 10.5.6, are all of you using Snow?
Safari Version 3.1.2 (5525.20.1)

Yes, I cleared History & Cache.

Thanks, for your help.

November 7, 2009 11:21 pm

sahaka

Urchin

3 posts

code should be showing up....the serial is weird though(not decrypted possibly)...but the email and name works...

SAHAKA Industries | The Future of Technology

http://www.sahaka.com

November 7, 2009 11:24 pm

sahaka

Urchin

3 posts

never mind haha

SAHAKA Industries | The Future of Technology

http://www.sahaka.com

November 7, 2009 11:26 pm

kelawrence@verizon.net

Urchin

6 posts

Tried several times still no luck.

November 7, 2009 11:39 pm

CheesecakeRecipe

Urchin

1 posts

For some people, part of your code might be hidden behind another page element. In order to find the full serial, the easiest way would be to open up the page's source code. You'll find the entire serial key there (it appears they all end with an = so maybe that can help you find it) and then copy and paste that. Also don't forget to use your name, not your email.

I hope this helps you guys out.

November 8, 2009 12:32 am

esuebrown

Urchin

2 posts

my serial # worked fine from copying and pasting from  this site under my order.

BUT geepers, when I activate the app the whole computer screen goes black with a very small (approx 1/8th inch ) blinking green rectangle on the screen. only way to get rid of it is force quit.  so , thus far the app  won't play nice ! ;-)

YIKES!!!!

November 8, 2009 12:40 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

esuebrown wrote:

my serial # worked fine from copying and pasting from  this site under my order.

BUT geepers, when I activate the app the whole computer screen goes black with a very small (approx 1/8th inch ) blinking green rectangle on the screen. only way to get rid of it is force quit.  so , thus far the app  won't play nice ! ;-)

YIKES!!!!

You're joking...right?

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

November 8, 2009 1:03 am

dynesy

Urchin

1 posts

Hi,
Ive been given a very long number as my serial key for Mariner Write but i cannot unlock the software.  All the other programs have very short keys in comparison and all appear to work fine!
The info on screen asks me to seek assistance?

Can u please help?

Regards,

JD

November 8, 2009 1:20 am

sanchez.pv@gmail.com

Urchin

1 posts

Where is my key?¿

November 8, 2009 2:00 am

Oonalaluna

Urchin

1 posts

Please HELP?  I stupidly set the following WRITEROOM HOTKEYS up on installation & need to disable them immediately:

shift + o   for open inbox
shift + q   for open quickjot

Obviously I did not realise that these hotkeys would be universal - i.e. I cannot type ANYTHING with capital O or Q in any other program now without the WRITEROOM inbox or quickjot popping up annoyingly on the screen!  sad

Since I actually am a writer with a heap of work on I cannot afford not to able to use my keyboard fluidly.  At present I have to use CAPS LOCK for O & Q which is clumsy & infuriating - especially as my NAME even begins with 'O' !

Can you HELP please? 
Thank you! Oons

November 8, 2009 2:32 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

Oonalaluna wrote:

Please HELP?  I stupidly set the following WRITEROOM HOTKEYS up on installation & need to disable them immediately:

shift + o   for open inbox
shift + q   for open quickjot

Obviously I did not realise that these hotkeys would be universal - i.e. I cannot type ANYTHING with capital O or Q in any other program now without the WRITEROOM inbox or quickjot popping up annoyingly on the screen!  sad

Since I actually am a writer with a heap of work on I cannot afford not to able to use my keyboard fluidly.  At present I have to use CAPS LOCK for O & Q which is clumsy & infuriating - especially as my NAME even begins with 'O' !

Can you HELP please? 
Thank you! Oons

You have your applications mixed up. You're clearly referring to ShoveBox. To change the hotkey preferences go to "Preferences..." > "Hot Keys".

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

November 8, 2009 2:57 am
shelbygirl77

shelbygirl77

Urchin

2 posts

NateCow wrote:

When I paste my key into the registration box, the OK button remains grayed out sad

Ya, me too...what is wrong with it?

November 8, 2009 3:15 am
shelbygirl77

shelbygirl77

Urchin

2 posts

CheesecakeRecipe wrote:

For some people, part of your code might be hidden behind another page element. In order to find the full serial, the easiest way would be to open up the page's source code. You'll find the entire serial key there (it appears they all end with an = so maybe that can help you find it) and then copy and paste that. Also don't forget to use your name, not your email.

I hope this helps you guys out.

WOW!!!! It worked!!! Thanks smile

November 8, 2009 3:20 am

jeantckr

Urchin

1 posts

I cut and paste the ### I did what the hog bay page page said to do and no difference. What else can I try?

November 8, 2009 3:41 am

mik9909

Urchin

1 posts

i am running 10.5.8 leopard, and it told that my architecture is supported...

November 8, 2009 4:45 am
btester92

btester92

Big Game Hunter

from USA
944 posts

rampancy wrote:
esuebrown wrote:

YIKES!!!!

You're joking...right?

I just had myself a very good laugh.

If I was helpful, consider signing up for Dropbox on my referral.

November 8, 2009 5:09 am
mchin506

mchin506

Urchin

from Costa Rica
1 posts

I figured out a way to activate the write room please do as follow: Copy de long serial in a text editor, make sure it shows in one, two or three lines..and then just copy line by line in the registration form, and wala activated.

- if you copied from the web itself it won´t work coz it copies spaces and stuff,, good luck!

..while you live do your best...

November 8, 2009 5:52 am
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ WriteRoom support

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?