Forums

✚ Hordes of Orcs support (No Registration Bypassing Instructions!)

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ Hordes of Orcs support (No Registration Bypassing Instructions!)

SPerez

Urchin

5 posts

Same here. Just says that an error occurred and I should check my internet connection.

November 6, 2009 4:06 pm

lrickel

Urchin

1 posts

my serial number did not work.

November 6, 2009 4:10 pm

gulfofslides

Urchin

1 posts

I entered the serial number exactly and got an error

November 6, 2009 4:12 pm

floogulinc

Urchin

2 posts

it says it cant access the registration server and my internet IS working.

piatigorsky

Urchin

1 posts

Seems like we've overwhelmed their servers. The website is totally down, we'll just have to wait until they're online again I guess

freddie@heaf.net

Urchin

1 posts

same connection problem

November 6, 2009 4:13 pm

Muellgutaufgehoben

Urchin

1 posts

Problem: Registry can't connect to the internet

November 6, 2009 4:13 pm
Miah

Miah

3,691 posts

The developer is working to resolve issues with the activation server.

Please bear in mind that their server is being slammed with thousands of requests. It's causing a lot of load for them, so issues like this are going to crop up.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

November 6, 2009 4:14 pm
natoodo

natoodo

Gearhead

from Ontario, Canada
77 posts

A little patience never hurt anyone smile

See me I'm Dishonest
And a Dishonest Person you can always trust to be dishonest....Honestly
Its the Honest People you need to watch out for as you can never tell when they will do something stupid.

November 6, 2009 4:15 pm

issoss

Urchin

1 posts

This is not free. We provides our personal information which is extreamly valuable. But guess what. The serial does not work. The server does not work correctly. You know what is the worst thing is? The registration popup for Hordes Of Orcs is DEVIL OF ALL OF THE WORLD! I cannot close the popup. I have to restart my mac to get rid of the popup. "Buy Now" button leads "404 NOT FOUND" web page. What a shame!

November 6, 2009 4:25 pm

GSGrava

Urchin

1 posts

Same Problem

November 6, 2009 4:26 pm

josephws

Urchin

1 posts

Getting the error issue as well :\

November 6, 2009 4:27 pm

nimafero

Urchin

1 posts

need code for registration. thank

November 6, 2009 4:32 pm

Hornblower09

Urchin

1 posts

Same issue here. Why is nobody coming up with an answer?

November 6, 2009 4:33 pm

zbrando

Urchin

1 posts

Same error here when I try to register:
Registration Error
An error occurred while contacting the registration server.
Please check your Internet connection and try again.

November 6, 2009 4:35 pm

P1053saz

Urchin

2 posts

Same issue as others when entering in code #.  Please fix this issue.

November 6, 2009 4:37 pm
Miah

Miah

3,691 posts

People. Please at least read a few posts behind you before posting yourself. We know of the issue:

Miah wrote:

Please bear in mind that their server is being slammed with thousands of requests. It's causing a lot of load for them, so issues like this are going to crop up.

November 6, 2009 4:40 pm

graham@flags.net

Urchin

1 posts

I've had the network error and the spinning beachball. When it finally came back it said my registration was invalid.

November 6, 2009 4:41 pm
colinscatt

colinscatt

Urchin

from Mt. Laurel, NJ
6 posts

issoss wrote:

This is not free. We provides our personal information which is extreamly valuable. But guess what. The serial does not work. The server does not work correctly. You know what is the worst thing is? The registration popup for Hordes Of Orcs is DEVIL OF ALL OF THE WORLD! I cannot close the popup. I have to restart my mac to get rid of the popup. "Buy Now" button leads "404 NOT FOUND" web page. What a shame!

Are you kidding me?  How about instead of just posting, you read through these pages and realize this issue has already been discussed and solved.

November 6, 2009 4:42 pm
colinscatt

colinscatt

Urchin

from Mt. Laurel, NJ
6 posts

Miah wrote:

People. Please at least read a few posts behind you before posting yourself. We know of the issue:

Miah wrote:

Will we get an email or something once its started working?  Or should we be checking back every once in a while?  I figure the checking back isn't helping the servers much...

November 6, 2009 4:51 pm

iScuzz

Urchin

from Bochum, GER
2 posts

Hey I got something new. Now it says my serial isn't correct. Now why is that?

November 6, 2009 4:52 pm

james.heath

Urchin

1 posts

having some freezing problems while registering, says serial is not valid... help?

November 6, 2009 4:54 pm

hgumbert

Urchin

1 posts

Activation in apps punishes the people that purchase the apps.

November 6, 2009 4:55 pm

P1053saz

Urchin

2 posts

Now I get a message that claims my code is not valid.  I just want to play this stupid game.

November 6, 2009 4:56 pm
Miah

Miah

3,691 posts

colinscatt wrote:

Will we get an email or something once its started working?  Or should we be checking back every once in a while?  I figure the checking back isn't helping the servers much...

Emailing everyone would actually cause more load, so we historically have not done so. Just check back every hour or so.

As long as you're not refreshing the receipt page every five seconds or so, it's not going to hinder anything further.

November 6, 2009 4:57 pm

trent54@email.com

Urchin

1 posts

Same spinning beach ball and hanging up!

November 6, 2009 5:00 pm

Launch96

Urchin

6 posts

Last night I put my serial in for Hordes of Orcs, and it went grey, not allowing anything to be done. I tried this morning and it allowed me to enter it, but froze up after I allowed Little Snitch to send and receive information from Hordes of Orcs. Now I am stuck with the spinning beach ball of death.

November 6, 2009 5:03 pm
Spationaute

Spationaute

Gearhead

from Canada- QC
50 posts

Wait people, dont rush it. Both Macheist team and Freeverse team are nice and alway's do their best. Juste wait, dont hustle the server.

◤                                  ◥
       ✯Purple
eam✯
◣                                  ◢

cmorell

cmorell

Urchin

4 posts

As the moderator wrote:

It's total normal that your registration don't work, or sometimes freezes. Just try it later...

I think that okay, because the game is free. You don't pay a cent for it, so be patient!
Just try to see Freeverse website... Noting is working like it should. Even the Freeverse website don't run. So... Let's wait and see smile

troy.w.banther

troy.w.banther

Urchin

1 posts

I am not a gamer. The last game I enjoyed playing on a computer was Ultima Quest for the Avatar back in the late 80s and Descent in the 90s. I finally launch a game that is interesting and the registration process bites. If I could figure out how to reset the one-hour trial time I would do it. Oh well. Maybe a little patience will help. lol

November 6, 2009 5:05 pm
jcsomac

jcsomac

Urchin

from Mexico
2 posts

Damn..... the same problem to me..... i supose we'll have to wait a few days...

November 6, 2009 5:07 pm

telmodias

Urchin

1 posts

I got the code but it also freezes... :-\

November 6, 2009 5:08 pm

Launch96

Urchin

6 posts

We all, (including myself) need to be patient and grateful. Yes the servers appear to be down and the flood of requests fro serials is taxing, but we got the software FREE. Many of us seem spoiled and unrealistic about this. Thank you Macheist and thank you to all the companies that went in on this deal. I have purchased numerous bundles in the past and will continue to support. Thank you for giving us one free!

November 6, 2009 5:13 pm

phoenixx

Urchin

1 posts

same

November 6, 2009 5:14 pm

DrMatt

Urchin

1 posts

My code through MacHeist for Hordes of Orcs doesn't seem to be working...

November 6, 2009 5:17 pm

d.theisen@gmx.net

Urchin

1 posts

Registration error. Internet connection works...

November 6, 2009 5:21 pm

rikiriki

Urchin

1 posts

same

November 6, 2009 5:28 pm

Koenie

Urchin

2 posts

Not a valid code...
Although I have fate in the team behind the scenes... I'll try again later! :-)

November 6, 2009 5:30 pm

3GUnkle

Urchin

2 posts

same issue as above,,,,,faint,,,,

November 6, 2009 5:38 pm

umijin

Urchin

8 posts

johnred wrote:

Post any Hordes of Orcs support related issues here.

If you need any additional support than we can provide here, please visit the developer's website.

Site link does not work currently.

November 6, 2009 5:39 pm
nickkilla

nickkilla

Urchin

from china baby
6 posts

i can connect to server, but it says registration is invalid

November 6, 2009 5:40 pm

zesleepyone

Urchin

1 posts

Either " an error occured... can't connect... " or " the code you entered is incorrect "

November 6, 2009 5:41 pm

jtgspe-macheist@yahoo.com

Urchin

2 posts

This is a lesson for developers: heinous registration processes are bad.  The server wouldn't be down if the game didn't require online activation, and people wouldn't be complaining about it as much if the trial period were closer to a week, instead of 60 minutes.

Nice game.  Crummy registration process.

November 6, 2009 5:47 pm

MM210973

Urchin

1 posts

When I try to register, it says:

Registration Error
An error occurred while contacting the registration server.
Please check your Internet connection and try again.

Yep, same to me.

November 6, 2009 5:49 pm
colinscatt

colinscatt

Urchin

from Mt. Laurel, NJ
6 posts

jtgspe-macheist wrote:

This is a lesson for developers: heinous registration processes are bad.  The server wouldn't be down if the game didn't require online activation, and people wouldn't be complaining about it as much if the trial period were closer to a week, instead of 60 minutes.

Nice game.  Crummy registration process.

Agreed.  Why 60 minutes?  It would be so easy to ignore for a week while I played that one mode, over and over again.  Honestly.  lol just being able to have some fun with it and maybe get better a little would make it alot easier haha.

Also, again not complaining just observing, but if you are putting your app in a Macheist bundle, given Macheist's history of success, shouldn't you be able to pretty accurately predict the traffic that you'll get, and then prepare for it?  It would have such a more positive impact on potential future customers, ya know?

November 6, 2009 5:52 pm

chempast@mac.com

Urchin

8 posts

Free verse doesn't even have their website coming up over 8 hours, interesting.
So this is what I'm getting now.  Not sure what's going on when you can't even reach the very folks who produce the produce for more than 8 hours.  But hope springs eternal and we wait with bated breath.

November 6, 2009 5:54 pm

frdrk

Urchin

1 posts

Same, registration error.
Any ETA on the server guys?

November 6, 2009 5:55 pm

luka87

Urchin

2 posts

same problem

November 6, 2009 5:57 pm

chempast@mac.com

Urchin

8 posts

It is free so if we don't get it, what have we lost.  However, when asked how much I would pay for this, I would now say zip, since if there's no guarantee that things work in today's economy not going to spend my money or my son's excitement on something that would be only disappointment.  I think MacHeist is great, they can't control things however that being the case perhaps they need to test things out before putting them out there for the public consumption.  Just a thought.  Other than that, I am mostly happy with what MacHheist has done.

November 6, 2009 5:58 pm

icfantv

Urchin

1 posts

also getting the registration server error.  no way to quit save activity monitor.  lovely...oh well, it was free right?

November 6, 2009 6:03 pm
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ Hordes of Orcs support (No Registration Bypassing Instructions!)

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?