Forums

★ ShoveBox

MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ ShoveBox
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

Post your thoughts about ShoveBox here.

(If you have any ShoveBox support related issues, please post them here.)

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

November 6, 2009 12:24 am
F451

F451

Tinkerer

44 posts

This is one of my favorite little apps for its sheer simplicity and convenience.

November 6, 2009 12:41 am

thehacker123

Urchin

1 posts

I dont get it... how do i buy/get these apps?

November 6, 2009 12:43 am
BSBarrows

BSBarrows

Big Game Hunter

from Maine
960 posts

We already had it hmm Still a pretty good application

November 6, 2009 12:47 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

I guess I'll ask... Whats the difference between this Shovebox and the Shovebox from the Loot?

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

November 6, 2009 1:15 am
zuwiki

zuwiki

Urchin

1 posts

I would love to switch from Evernote to ShoveBox, but I can't see any way that I would be able to sync between multiple computers or access online. Anyone know of hacks to allow that? I should be able to rig it up to put the library itself on Dropbox (haha, ShoveBox on Dropbox), but it is extremely convenient to be able to access notes from other computers. Ideas?

November 6, 2009 1:15 am
Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj

Tinkerer

from Hereford, UK
35 posts

Got Shovebox in last year's NanoMission 1 and I didn't use it... Just can't see a point of it

November 6, 2009 1:32 am
Linkert

Linkert

Urchin

from Sweden
7 posts

Love this one big_smile Love the feature to past directly to ShoveBox (got mine set Opt + Cmd + V).

- Robin

November 6, 2009 1:48 am
klongwood

klongwood

Gearhead

67 posts

Agree - one of my favorites apps.

November 6, 2009 2:05 am
dangrover

dangrover

ShoveBox

from San Francisco, CA
39 posts

zuwiki wrote:

I would love to switch from Evernote to ShoveBox, but I can't see any way that I would be able to sync between multiple computers or access online.

Multi-mac syncing is coming in v2.0.

Dan Grover - developer of ShoveBox and ShoveBox Mobile
Follow me on Twitter: @dangrover

Like music? Check out our upcoming iPhone app.

November 6, 2009 2:09 am
WalrusCP

WalrusCP

Big Game Hunter

from NoVA
897 posts

Just to add, the ShoveBox iPhone app is on sale until Nov. 9th. I might finally pick it up myself.

Get a 2GB Dropbox account + additional space free for you & me

Just wait until you see the mega unlock goal. (Hint, it involves a lot of dead kittens.) – Phill Ryu

November 6, 2009 5:34 am
BearBear926

BearBear926

Tinkerer

12 posts

didn't we get this from MH3 nanoMissionOne?

is this any better than yojimbo? i know u can use dotMac acct with yojimbo to sync stuff.

Mac kicks windoze anyday

November 6, 2009 5:37 am
jashsayani

jashsayani

Automaton Tech

from Salt Lake City, UT, USA
110 posts

BSBarrows wrote:

Yeah, now I have 2 licenses...

It's an awesome app. This time you should have given the ShoveBox iPhone app promocode.

My Blog | Twitter | Skype
▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

November 6, 2009 6:50 am
WalrusCP

WalrusCP

Big Game Hunter

from NoVA
897 posts

jashsayani wrote:
BSBarrows wrote:

It's an awesome app. This time you should have given the ShoveBox iPhone app promocode.

That would have been a cool option for those of us who got it as loot, thought the non-US heisters would have thrown a fit. tongue

Get a 2GB Dropbox account + additional space free for you & me

Just wait until you see the mega unlock goal. (Hint, it involves a lot of dead kittens.) – Phill Ryu

November 6, 2009 6:55 am
dangrover

dangrover

ShoveBox

from San Francisco, CA
39 posts

WalrusCP wrote:
jashsayani wrote:
BSBarrows wrote:

That would have been a cool option for those of us who got it as loot, thought the non-US heisters would have thrown a fit. tongue

Apple only allows 50 promo codes per version, so I think that would have resulted in a lot of disappointed heisters smile.

Dan Grover - developer of ShoveBox and ShoveBox Mobile
Follow me on Twitter: @dangrover

Like music? Check out our upcoming iPhone app.

November 6, 2009 7:23 am
The_Boss

The_Boss

Automaton Tech

from Sydney, Australia
323 posts

Still waiting for my license to be generated. It's the only app that i haven't got the license for (minus Mariner Write because it's locked).

▛▞▞▟ Ooh wacka do wacka diddily do I'm so BLUE! ▙▚▚▜

November 6, 2009 8:29 am
jashsayani

jashsayani

Automaton Tech

from Salt Lake City, UT, USA
110 posts

dangrover wrote:
WalrusCP wrote:
jashsayani wrote:

Apple only allows 50 promo codes per version, so I think that would have resulted in a lot of disappointed heisters smile.

Then keep it Free for 6 days??

But then everyone could get it... Apple should not limit the number of promocodes.

My Blog | Twitter | Skype

November 6, 2009 10:01 am
merlik

merlik

Automaton Tech

from Lehigh Acres, Forida
207 posts

Shovebox seems really awesome, it's just hard for me to get away from Evernote because I am so used to syncing with the cloud and my windows box.

Twitter Go Team Orange!

November 6, 2009 1:06 pm
techmom

techmom

Big Game Hunter

from Charm City Hon!
625 posts

Hmmmm.... I didn't use Shovebox before but had way too much software to learn. With the iPhone version on sale I can see new possibilities. Who here uses it? How easy is the sync (like is it automatic or do you have to tell it to sync?). I could see getting rid of some notes and lists apps.....

Hey I love you all! See you on the forums or Chat or next year!

IT Contract Recruiter job wanted. Can work anywhere.

November 6, 2009 1:26 pm
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

techmom wrote:

Hmmmm.... I didn't use Shovebox before but had way too much software to learn. With the iPhone version on sale I can see new possibilities. Who here uses it? How easy is the sync (like is it automatic or do you have to tell it to sync?). I could see getting rid of some notes and lists apps.....

You just start the app on the iPhone (or iPod Touch) when it's connected to the same WiFi network as your Mac.  Syncing is automatic at that point.  It really is a great system.

NovaStorm Software || @NovaStormSW || @jfm429 || Dropbox + Extra Storage

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
- Alan Kay, inventor of Object-Oriented programming

November 6, 2009 2:01 pm
Mikersa

Mikersa

Gearhead

59 posts

I don't know how to thank you.

November 6, 2009 2:30 pm
dkoerner

dkoerner

Sky Pirate

from Good ol' Germany
1,165 posts

sync is ok.... the app is sweet

German Mac Twittering | Dropbox - Free online storage
Green Monkeys, the only true monkeys

November 6, 2009 2:35 pm

oscars1246

Tinkerer

13 posts

Quits every time I start it.

November 6, 2009 3:01 pm
Sulcalibur

Sulcalibur

Automaton Tech

from London, United Kingdom
367 posts

I absolutely love this app. Just drag everything and anything in there for sorting out. From a GTD perspective it's awesome. I've been using it for sometime and think it is seriously underrated. I recently bought the iPhone version too which it handy for sorting out tasks on the go.

You should Follow me at - Sulcalibur cool
You know it makes sense wink

November 6, 2009 10:30 pm

Karin Spaink

Urchin

3 posts

Looks really interesting, but - like others - I wonder how to unlock it? Something is escaping me, or I'm looking in the wrong places.

November 6, 2009 11:44 pm
packeteer

packeteer

Tinkerer

36 posts

my biggest issue is that it doesn't appear in applications list, so i cannot easily Command-Tab between apps.

So, I have moved to Evernote

green fo life!

November 7, 2009 2:30 am
valente.mac

valente.mac

Gearhead

83 posts

I love ShoveBox, specially the sync with the iPhone app, that works very well. I have no need for another note-taking app on the iPhone.

Dropbox referral smile
Extra note: "I don't think I've ever been a part of a true disaster before."

November 7, 2009 2:36 am

natlinxz

Urchin

2 posts

Solid app. Its great for people who need to save images for iMovies. Also, I can now disable dashboard because the only thing I liked about it (stickies) is replaced with quickjot in shovebox.

November 7, 2009 4:46 am

klonto

Great app. Thank you.

November 7, 2009 5:10 am
Seroc

Seroc

Gearhead

from Lindesberg - Sweden
50 posts

Bought the iPhone app today and everything seem to work as it should. I really could get rid of quite many apps now thanks to this. Paying as little as 2$ together is really great and time saving.

November 7, 2009 11:39 am

theduker

Urchin

8 posts

I wish you could shove folders

November 7, 2009 12:34 pm

sturte6vant

Urchin

1 posts

I still can't figure out how to download your bundle.  I've registered, don't have an iPhone so don't need your Ph. app.  What do I do?

November 7, 2009 4:42 pm
btester92

btester92

Big Game Hunter

from USA
944 posts

sturte6vant wrote:

I still can't figure out how to download your bundle.  I've registered, don't have an iPhone so don't need your Ph. app.  What do I do?

Go to the main page and click on "Go to my receipt". You can download the apps and get your licenses there. If the licenses haven't been generated yet, be patient, the servers are heavily loaded right now.

If I was helpful, consider signing up for Dropbox on my referral.

November 7, 2009 4:48 pm

ljoneale

Urchin

1 posts

Doesn't do anything. No sign in.  Can  put it in tray and has "open" (which doesn't) and "options." Won't let me put in trash because OS thinks it's open. So is there a trick I'm missing, or is it just buggy?

November 8, 2009 5:28 am
ericsplaver

ericsplaver

Urchin

from Conejo Valley, CA
1 posts

When installed I didn't identify hotkeys as they were "optional."  I thought the icon would appear and shovebox would start-up on boot-up.  But I can't see the icon?  HELP!

November 8, 2009 9:12 am

Cantarell

Urchin

1 posts

I've actually wanted software like Shovebox for quite some time. I like to scribble down thoughts I have, and I'm used to use Textedit for that purpose. With Shovebox I save 0.5 seconds and also get the files more neatly organized. The other features also look pretty cool, but I haven't explored them so much, yet. Thank you, Macheist, for the nanoBundle.

PS. I also found another great piece of software thanks to my post here. I accidentally erased the first post I had cut out and found iclip lite, which will save me from many gray hairs. So thank you, Macheist for this indirect help. wink

November 8, 2009 12:48 pm
ed-hawco

ed-hawco

Urchin

from Montreal, QC, Canada
1 posts

I've been using Evernote, which is great in principle but it seems to have a lot of shortcomings that are driving me crazy.

Just so I'm clear on this; with ShoveBox the sync is only between the Mac and the iPhone, right? If so, that doesn't work for me, as I need to be able to sync between my Mac, my PC laptop, my PC desktop at work, and my iPod Touch that hardly ever seems to find an open WiFi. :-(

e
d
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.edhawco.com | www.blork.org

November 8, 2009 4:03 pm
marow

marow

Tinkerer

from Germany
45 posts

jfm429 wrote:
techmom wrote:

You just start the app on the iPhone (or iPod Touch) when it's connected to the same WiFi network as your Mac.  Syncing is automatic at that point.  It really is a great system.

my god... i hate wifi syncing so much... seems this aint my kind of app...

wish google would just keep on developing "google notebook"... that way there might be great apps for mac and iphone for it... and id finally have a simple and easy to use way of getting thoughts off of my head without thinking about syncing or anything else and would be able to access it everywhere anytime...

Thx to the people who used my ref link smile

November 8, 2009 6:52 pm
hias

hias

Big Game Hunter

from Palermo
633 posts

jashsayani wrote:
dangrover wrote:
WalrusCP wrote:

Then keep it Free for 6 days??

But then everyone could get it... Apple should not limit the number of promocodes.

...or maybe you just BUY it if you want it so desperatly?

November 8, 2009 7:33 pm
matthew5384

matthew5384

Gearhead

from Roanoke
66 posts

CAN SOMEBODY SAY REPEAT?!?!?!

I thought MacHeist promised no repeats!

http://wind-up-toy.com

November 9, 2009 3:45 am
bdegrande

bdegrande

Sky Pirate

from Hoboken, NJ
1,241 posts

matthew5384 wrote:

CAN SOMEBODY SAY REPEAT?!?!?!

I thought MacHeist promised no repeats!

Look at the history. The BUNDLE apps are not repeats of previous bundle apps. Free apps have become bundle apps in later MacHeists if they become popular enough. It looks like the idea is that you are supposed to pay for an app only once.

If you are a Dexter fan, check out The Dexter Cast podcast - iTunes  or www.thedextercast.com
Dropbox referral - We each get an extra 500MB

November 9, 2009 3:51 am
annekirstin

annekirstin

Urchin

1 posts

A great little app.
As an art student I mainly use it to sort inspirational images from the web, but i was wondering if there is any possibility to see thumbnails? Now I end up sorting and exporting everything into evernote, which seems a bit silly.

November 9, 2009 7:46 am

KHannibal

Tinkerer

from Switzerland
22 posts

I'll have to give it a try. Never used it, because I never needed a reminder. Anyway, it looks good ! Let test this little application. smile

November 9, 2009 9:19 pm

melprice

Urchin

1 posts

Just upgraded and when I try and open Shovebox I get a database migration error then it shuts down again. Reloaded, uninstalled, reinstalled, emailed support twice, nothing. Anyone else getting an error?

November 9, 2009 9:54 pm

ottohuang

Urchin

1 posts

How can I get it?

November 10, 2009 7:07 am
daba

daba

Big Game Hunter

from New Zealand
640 posts

ottohuang wrote:

How can I get it?

get the bundle and on the receipt page, the serial number will be listed along with a download link.

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” — Arthur C. Clarke. Sharing large files and backing them up using Dropbox is just like magic, and you can get 2.5 GB of free storage when you sign up for Dropbox with this link.

November 10, 2009 7:14 am
abeckstrom

abeckstrom

Big Game Hunter

from Houston, TX
547 posts

Just starting to get into ShoveBox. Using it for storeing URLs I want to read later/offline, but don't necessarily want to bookmark (Delicious) or save forever (Evernote).  Finally, seeing its value.

slighty insightful | tweets | MacHeisters

Maybe a Dingoo Ate Your Baby | Secrets | Doppelgängers | iPhone Fail | Don't Drink That

November 10, 2009 7:52 am
Ezit

Ezit

Gearhead

61 posts

Is there any difference between this shovebox and the one from before? Is one a full version and one not? And anyway I cant figure out how to switch from one license to another, do I need to delete the app to be able to do that?

Ezit

November 10, 2009 2:02 pm
sonnyfazio

sonnyfazio

Automaton Tech

from Massachusetts
100 posts

Thanks MacHeist and ShoveBox smile

November 10, 2009 6:55 pm
mackid

mackid

Gearhead

from Over Yonder →
62 posts

Will we be getting the upgrade to version 2 or will it be a paid upgrade?

"The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy."

November 11, 2009 1:08 am
MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ ShoveBox

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?