Forums

"So it turns out I was wrong… I just found another one back here"

MacHeist Forums » The Front » "So it turns out I was wrong… I just found another one back here"
spoon

spoon

Tinkerer

from Wisconsin
32 posts

Time to get this thing started.

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

February 25, 2010 1:15 am
drlemon

drlemon

Tinkerer

10 posts

It's a nanoBundle?!?!?! YAYZERS!!!!!

Visit wecangogogo.com!

February 25, 2010 1:18 am
forevermac

forevermac

Automaton Tech

from The Interwebz
496 posts

The sticker says
"Mac(Unreadable)
Apple Store"

Wow. MacHeist 4. I can't believe it's actually happening.
Unfortunately, it looks like I'm sitting this one out because of aggressive version requirements. It's been real.

February 25, 2010 1:20 am
darkid

darkid

Automaton Tech

419 posts

uh... may i ask how the hell you figured that out?

“Excuse me, I need to soak my brain in acid now.”
“I took Craft Disturbing Mental Image as my feat last level.”
“Maybe my ears, too.”
—Order of the Stick

February 25, 2010 1:20 am
Mooey

Mooey

Automaton Tech

from Alabama
215 posts

darkid wrote:

uh... may i ask how the hell you figured that out?

He has the eyes of an ant.

Show some Dropbox love

February 25, 2010 1:26 am

woodjosiah

Urchin

from Nebraska
8 posts

whoapossum wrote:

Yes, the jojo.png file is definitely the MacJournal logo... I wonder why that would be a separate graphic from the crates...

Looks like there is space for 6 logos on the crate. With 5 spaces left and 5 days left in the countdown, maybe a new logo each day?

February 25, 2010 1:28 am
cafegurl

cafegurl

Urchin

7 posts

Hope there is a early detection system or something. I'm bored watching these packages float by that i can't click on. ...

February 25, 2010 1:30 am
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,692 posts

Wow, I'm late to the party

*skips six pages*

Since it says avail for purchase in under six days, I'm calling it a nanobundle rather than a full season. That said however, if it turned into a season, it would be on schedule with my estimations.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

February 25, 2010 1:30 am
n4thanl

n4thanl

Automaton Tech

from Denver
149 posts

Miah wrote:

Wow, I'm late to the party

*skips six pages*

Since it says avail for purchase in under six days, I'm calling it a nanobundle rather than a full season. That said however, if it turned into a season, it would be on schedule with my estimations.

Nanobundle confirmed. Click on the calendar icon.

The blibbet is watching you.
Save The Internet! Click here to find out how!!!
n4thanl@gmail.com
http://whatireadwhatiwrite.blogspot.com/

February 25, 2010 1:35 am
spyker3292

spyker3292

Sky Pirate

from WI
1,728 posts

darkid wrote:

uh... may i ask how the hell you figured that out?

The same way CSI would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk

Tweet! | Flickr
Go Green Monkeys Go!

February 25, 2010 1:37 am
mzch

mzch

Automaton Tech

from Hyogo, Japan
281 posts

Mm...no heists?
I've been looking forward to new games...
I wonder if Lisa had a cold.

Contact me? Please see http://mch.tel/
Free online storage? Minus 10GB+1GB, Dropbox 2GB+250MB

⠅⠕⠊⠉⠓⠊⠍⠁⠞⠎⠥⠍⠕⠞⠕

February 25, 2010 1:42 am
JMarkevich

JMarkevich

Sky Pirate

from Halifax, Canada
1,188 posts

mzch wrote:

Mm...no heists?
I've been looking forward to new games...
I wonder if Lisa had a cold.

Maybe she's driving the truck?

"You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?"
Get Dropbox. You need it!

February 25, 2010 1:43 am
alchemistmuffin

alchemistmuffin

Tinkerer

39 posts

so, how much is this year's bundle going to cost?

February 25, 2010 1:49 am
zapzack

zapzack

Automaton Tech

from USA
246 posts

Well, the last nano bundle was free.. hoping this one is too..

February 25, 2010 2:01 am
jasonbell

jasonbell

Urchin

3 posts

.ics link at the bottom mentions NanoBundle… last one was a free bundle of apps

February 25, 2010 2:11 am
MrBobDobolina

MrBobDobolina

Big Game Hunter

from La-La-Land
706 posts

Miah wrote:

Wow, I'm late to the party

*skips six pages*

Since it says avail for purchase in under six days, I'm calling it a nanobundle rather than a full season. That said however, if it turned into a season, it would be on schedule with my estimations.

If the bundle is available for purchase on March 2nd, that only confirms my theory that MacHeist 4 has been going on, secretly, for the past two months.

Apathetic Thursday | Twitter | Flickr | Previously Awesome

February 25, 2010 2:24 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

zapzack wrote:

Well, the last nano bundle was free.. hoping this one is too..

Well the last one was free cause it was introductory... this one probably wont be free although it would be nice...

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

February 25, 2010 2:25 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

MrBobDobolina wrote:
Miah wrote:

Wow, I'm late to the party

*skips six pages*

Since it says avail for purchase in under six days, I'm calling it a nanobundle rather than a full season. That said however, if it turned into a season, it would be on schedule with my estimations.

If the bundle is available for purchase on March 2nd, that only confirms my theory that MacHeist 4 has been going on, secretly, for the past two months.

Confirms my suspicions that YOU ARE MACHEIST 4.

Website | Twitter

February 25, 2010 2:30 am
Slapyo

Slapyo

Gearhead

from Auburn, AL
87 posts

I've been waiting for something. MacHeist has been quiet for too long.

Donnie (Slapyo)
http://www.sevenpixels.com

February 25, 2010 2:37 am
MrBobDobolina

MrBobDobolina

Big Game Hunter

from La-La-Land
706 posts

Warbrain wrote:
MrBobDobolina wrote:
Miah wrote:

Wow, I'm late to the party

*skips six pages*

Since it says avail for purchase in under six days, I'm calling it a nanobundle rather than a full season. That said however, if it turned into a season, it would be on schedule with my estimations.

If the bundle is available for purchase on March 2nd, that only confirms my theory that MacHeist 4 has been going on, secretly, for the past two months.

Confirms my suspicions that YOU ARE MACHEIST 4.

Oh, I've been there.

Apathetic Thursday | Twitter | Flickr | Previously Awesome

February 25, 2010 2:47 am
fuzzbinn

fuzzbinn

Automaton Tech

from Somewhere...
169 posts

So... just a Nanobundle then, it seems. MH4 waiting continues.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ Or, the Former Blue Team. Do we still count as a team? ▙▚▚▜

“Twitter makes me like people I’ve never met and Facebook makes me hate people I know in real life.” - Shayla Maddox

February 25, 2010 2:53 am
kodac

kodac

Automaton Tech

from Southern California
196 posts

whoapossum wrote:

Yes, the jojo.png file is definitely the MacJournal logo... I wonder why that would be a separate graphic from the crates...

Maybe they're going to change the logos infrequently or

Maybe just to watch us chase our tails tongue

Tired of friends filling up your Dropbox? Then try Copy w/ Fair Storage and get 20Gb when you use my referral link https://copy.com?r=VKrfCL

February 25, 2010 3:03 am
TheHomeRun

TheHomeRun

Automaton Tech

from Upstate
169 posts

Been waiting for this day to come! ::tears::

Donatello was the smart one... and he wore purple

February 25, 2010 3:06 am

General Oreius

Gearhead

from Texas
79 posts

it looks like a nanoheist click on the date in the lower right corner
it puts a date in ical and calls it a nanobundle sale...

For Narnia and for Aslan!

February 25, 2010 3:20 am

xojericho

Urchin

1 posts

If you click 'Available for purchase on March 2', it adds an iCal event called 'MachHeist nanoBundle Sale'.

February 25, 2010 3:30 am
Firestar

Firestar

Big Game Hunter

from Wellington, New Zealand
609 posts

My thoughts:

Since when has the directorate told us what they're going to do? It's the right time for MH4, and the previously free NanoBundle filled with "the best Mac software... ever!"... Something seems strange.

On the other hand, it could be exactly what is says and I need to stop being a conspiracy theorist!

iOS developer and student

February 25, 2010 3:31 am
Molnies

Molnies

Big Game Hunter

from Sweden
527 posts

Firestar wrote:

My thoughts:

Since when has the directorate told us what they're going to do? It's the right time for MH4, and the previously free NanoBundle filled with "the best Mac software... ever!"... Something seems strange.

On the other hand, it could be exactly what is says and I need to stop being a conspiracy theorist!

I've been blamed for thinking too much on these forums before, but I'm sort of agreeing with you here. I was surprised when I saw so much information revealed at once, and I find it odd that there should be another nanoBundle.

The community has been waiting for the heists, and those are filled with loot — so a nanoBundle followed directly with heists and then a bundle on top of that seems to be app overload. Right now I'm switching between thinking they are sort of holding off on the whole heist part, or that they are in fact about to launch MacHeist 4 with a little sneak attack.

Think Purple.

February 25, 2010 3:39 am
fuzzbinn

fuzzbinn

Automaton Tech

from Somewhere...
169 posts

Don't get me wrong - I love the bundles - great software at a great price... but Macheist is fun from the Heists, not just the Loot... Hoping this is a kickoff and not a standalone thing again...

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ Or, the Former Blue Team. Do we still count as a team? ▙▚▚▜

“Twitter makes me like people I’ve never met and Facebook makes me hate people I know in real life.” - Shayla Maddox

February 25, 2010 3:47 am
cheguepi

cheguepi

Urchin

from Nicaragua
7 posts

Waiting for the challenge!! smile

Christ is the ONLY Way

February 25, 2010 3:49 am
TheButcher

TheButcher

Urchin

8 posts

The boxes have the MacJournal logo on them

Okay, I will edit this post to say I am a dumbass that just skimmed the forum. I see where that has been stated already

February 25, 2010 4:09 am
rampancy

rampancy

Moderator

from Denial.
3,889 posts

Warbrain wrote:

Check the front page.

Speculate.

Open wide, and get ready to suck it down.

"MacHeist 4: It's Mac Indie Software Bukkake."

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

February 25, 2010 4:11 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

rampancy wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

Check the front page.

Speculate.

Open wide, and get ready to suck it down.

"MacHeist 4: It's Mac Indie Software Bukkake."

Winner!

Website | Twitter

February 25, 2010 4:13 am
Firestar

Firestar

Big Game Hunter

from Wellington, New Zealand
609 posts

New icons on the boxes now. http://static.macheist.com/warehouse/tags/rippie.png as well as MacJournal.

iOS developer and student

February 25, 2010 4:42 am

sking

Tinkerer

26 posts

I think it's a hint at what is coming. Ripit is a nice app, too bad I already have it.

Please follow me: twitter.com/tastysteak
Want to make money with your iDevice? http://d84ec6c2.linkbucks.com

February 25, 2010 4:44 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

sking wrote:

I think it's a hint at what is coming. Ripit is a nice app, too bad I already have it.

Same... I have 2 copies... dont really need another..

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

February 25, 2010 4:45 am

woodjosiah

Urchin

from Nebraska
8 posts

Firestar wrote:

New icons on the boxes now, as well as MacJournal.

Was just going to post that. Anybody recognize what app that is?

February 25, 2010 4:45 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

woodjosiah wrote:
Firestar wrote:

New icons on the boxes now, as well as MacJournal.

Was just going to post that. Anybody recognize what app that is?

RipIt

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

February 25, 2010 4:46 am

General Oreius

Gearhead

from Texas
79 posts

I hope so too

fuzzbinn wrote:

Don't get me wrong - I love the bundles - great software at a great price... but Macheist is fun from the Heists, not just the Loot... Hoping this is a kickoff and not a standalone thing again...

For Narnia and for Aslan!

February 25, 2010 4:46 am
Albi1215

Albi1215

Automaton Tech

from Bundang, Korea
110 posts

aha! nanobundle!
but i like heists.. ;(

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the Orange Team ▙▚▚▜

February 25, 2010 4:48 am
spyker3292

spyker3292

Sky Pirate

from WI
1,728 posts

Alright... now we know two of the apps!

-RipIt
-MacJournal

And yes... I'm already downloading the trials and putting them in my MacHeist folder....

Tweet! | Flickr
Go Green Monkeys Go!

February 25, 2010 4:51 am
jdfrankl

jdfrankl

Gearhead

from Anchorage, AK
95 posts

"Available for purchase March 2nd". What, no heist first?

What rhymes with "orange"?

February 25, 2010 4:52 am
MrBobDobolina

MrBobDobolina

Big Game Hunter

from La-La-Land
706 posts

jdfrankl wrote:

"Available for purchase March 2nd". What, no heist first?

The heist has been going on since Jan 1st. wink It's just been really secret... I take it you didn't know? tongue

Apathetic Thursday | Twitter | Flickr | Previously Awesome

February 25, 2010 4:55 am
MrBobDobolina

MrBobDobolina

Big Game Hunter

from La-La-Land
706 posts

Oh, and by the by... that is one freaking huge truck... It's had crates coming out of it for hours already.

Apathetic Thursday | Twitter | Flickr | Previously Awesome

February 25, 2010 4:58 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

They have to be loot. Both have been in bundles before and Johnred said "After seeing how poorly all the recent competing bundles have been doing, we're going to be as adamant as ever about enforcing our no repeats policy." And that policy is "I'm going to make it 100% clear that we don't include repeats of other software in our annual bundles and this means both our past bundles and any other bundles."

Or maybe the nano bundle doesn't qualify under that as it's not going to be the regular annual bundle.

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

February 25, 2010 4:58 am
i_b_tvt

i_b_tvt

Tinkerer

from Around somewheres over there
14 posts

Has anyone paid attention to the pattern of the boxes?  Right now it goes 2 RipIt 2 MacJournal 2 RipIt 1 MacJournal.  Then it repeats forever(or at least until I got bored of watching).  So whatever is going on, Im guessing theres 7 separate apps involved.

Pull down your pants and slide on the ice

February 25, 2010 4:59 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

izdale wrote:

They have to be loot. Both have been in bundles before and Johnred said "After seeing how poorly all the recent competing bundles have been doing, we're going to be as adamant as ever about enforcing our no repeats policy." And that policy is "I'm going to make it 100% clear that we don't include repeats of other software in our annual bundles and this means both our past bundles and any other bundles."

Or maybe the nano bundle doesn't qualify under that as it's not going to be the regular annual bundle.

Thats what I thought. That they were loot, but then again it says "Available for purchase". So I rejected the idea... I think it is that the nanobundle does not qualify  for that policy. Or perhaps the nanobundle was created for just that... to give sell MacHeisters apps that have been in bundles before.

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

February 25, 2010 5:00 am
WalrusCP

WalrusCP

Big Game Hunter

from NoVA
897 posts

Somewhat disappointed thus far: I own MacJournal and have an alternative to RipIt. Good apps if you don't own them though. Hoping for some good additions to the nanoBundle though.

Get a 2GB Dropbox account + additional space free for you & me

Just wait until you see the mega unlock goal. (Hint, it involves a lot of dead kittens.) – Phill Ryu

February 25, 2010 5:01 am
spyker3292

spyker3292

Sky Pirate

from WI
1,728 posts

f16332 wrote:
izdale wrote:

They have to be loot. Both have been in bundles before and Johnred said "After seeing how poorly all the recent competing bundles have been doing, we're going to be as adamant as ever about enforcing our no repeats policy." And that policy is "I'm going to make it 100% clear that we don't include repeats of other software in our annual bundles and this means both our past bundles and any other bundles."

Or maybe the nano bundle doesn't qualify under that as it's not going to be the regular annual bundle.

Thats what I thought but then again it says "Available for purchase". So I rejected the idea... I think it is your latter idea.

Well... the other nanoBundle was available for purchase... and the purchase price was announced as FREE.

Tweet! | Flickr
Go Green Monkeys Go!

February 25, 2010 5:02 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

spyker3292 wrote:

Well... the other nanoBundle was available for purchase... and the purchase price was announced as FREE.

I dont think that this is the case...

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

February 25, 2010 5:03 am

sking

Tinkerer

26 posts

I already own Ripit and I might use macjournal, don't really blog all that much.

Please follow me: twitter.com/tastysteak
Want to make money with your iDevice? http://d84ec6c2.linkbucks.com

February 25, 2010 5:05 am
MacHeist Forums » The Front » "So it turns out I was wrong… I just found another one back here"

Become an agent



Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)


As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

 

Login to MacHeist



As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?