Forums

MacBundlePro

macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

andys53 wrote:
macbundlepro wrote:

I can't erase all the topics contained in "Deals Around the Web", because I didn't create this topic, it was created by june0000.
The whole problem is caused by this user and some developers feel bad about me.

Locate johnred's post, click on his name and it will bring up a page with a link to send him a PM. Inform him you'd like the thread removed and why.

I sent this PM, andys thanks for the advice......Thanks a lot!

----------------------

Hello june0000
I am the owner of Macbundlepro and I found this topic on the net.

We have seen that has been created by you, not for evil, in fact we are not against freedom of speech on a site, but you have caused us to not only damage to our image, but also damage from a financial standpoint.

You must know that some developers have decided not to accept our proposal for your fault.

So now I suggest you to kindly delete the topic that you have created within 24 hours. If you do not do this, we will get in touch with John for close the topic and decide what to do with you.
Could you please do so immediately.

Thanks
Giuseppe Galullo
MacBundlePro

October 8, 2010 9:16 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

blue_fireball_eater wrote:
denny_crane wrote:

What I do find rather odd is, it's sounding as if this particular thread has all the power to make or break this bundle. There IS a whole world out there to market to, and I'm sure this thread has absolutely no influence at all. If anything, this thread has been highly constructive in providing first-rate feedback on what works/doesn't work on the bundle. The alternative is to make no sales, and never know why those sales did not occur - which truly is a complete and utter failure.

http://img.skitch.com/20101008-t2waki4y … review.jpgClick for full size - Uploaded with Skitch

It is this that you say is true. You're right, but I have received many emails from developers with this response:
We read on macheist negative things about your company.
This is ridiculous?
But why should I be in a situation like this, because of one person who even know.

October 8, 2010 9:22 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

denny_crane wrote:

What I do find rather odd is, it's sounding as if this particular thread has all the power to make or break this bundle. There IS a whole world out there to market to, and I'm sure this thread has absolutely no influence at all. If anything, this thread has been highly constructive in providing first-rate feedback on what works/doesn't work on the bundle. The alternative is to make no sales, and never know why those sales did not occur - which truly is a complete and utter failure.

Read the answer that I gave to "blue_fireball_eater"

October 8, 2010 9:25 pm
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

macbundlepro wrote:
andys53 wrote:
macbundlepro wrote:

I can't erase all the topics contained in "Deals Around the Web", because I didn't create this topic, it was created by june0000.
The whole problem is caused by this user and some developers feel bad about me.

Locate johnred's post, click on his name and it will bring up a page with a link to send him a PM. Inform him you'd like the thread removed and why.

Ok thanks I'll do it immediately.

Or you could just delete your first post (which should be yours). That will delete the entire thread as well.

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

October 8, 2010 9:25 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

f16332 wrote:
macbundlepro wrote:
andys53 wrote:

Locate johnred's post, click on his name and it will bring up a page with a link to send him a PM. Inform him you'd like the thread removed and why.

Ok thanks I'll do it immediately.

Or you could just delete your first post (which should be yours). That will delete the entire thread as well.

But how? if I delete my posts...Then, remaining the posts of june0000....How should I do?

October 8, 2010 9:33 pm
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

Ah right june0000 I banned....

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

October 8, 2010 9:36 pm
tech

tech

Sky Pirate

from Rantoul, Illinois
1,516 posts

johnred wrote:
tech wrote:

One might keep in mind that communication works both ways and that if you find yourself making recommendations in your own native language dealing with someone else's ability to communicate to their customers that it might not get communicated to effectively to them as well what you're really trying to say.

Best run-on sentence ever!

Bonus points for using 3 forms of "communicate" (but it balances out with the loss of points for all the missing commas).

Hey, it's the internet.  I don't get paid to write this stuff. tongue

<insert out-dated referral link here>

October 8, 2010 9:37 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

f16332 wrote:

Ah right june0000 I banned....

it's true, then he can't read my PM..right?

October 8, 2010 9:39 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

tech wrote:
johnred wrote:
tech wrote:

One might keep in mind that communication works both ways and that if you find yourself making recommendations in your own native language dealing with someone else's ability to communicate to their customers that it might not get communicated to effectively to them as well what you're really trying to say.

Best run-on sentence ever!

Bonus points for using 3 forms of "communicate" (but it balances out with the loss of points for all the missing commas).

Hey, it's the internet.  I don't get paid to write this stuff. tongue

well said!

October 8, 2010 9:40 pm
mikeyfindlay

mikeyfindlay

Sky Pirate

from Northern California
1,091 posts

denny_crane wrote:

What I do find rather odd is, it's sounding as if this particular thread has all the power to make or break this bundle. There IS a whole world out there to market to, and I'm sure this thread has absolutely no influence at all. If anything, this thread has been highly constructive in providing first-rate feedback on what works/doesn't work on the bundle. The alternative is to make no sales, and never know why those sales did not occur - which truly is a complete and utter failure.

I may be repeating what has already been stated, but I think what MacBundlePro is trying to say is that he is not worried about this thread affecting sales of the bundle, but he is concerned about it sending developers the wrong message about his business ethics which would make it harder to get those developers to add their apps to his bundle.

MFVISUALS.COM | LAST HONEST TECH BLOG
Gear: 15" MacBook Pro 2012, iPad Air, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Nano 6G

October 8, 2010 9:47 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

mikeyfindlay wrote:
denny_crane wrote:

What I do find rather odd is, it's sounding as if this particular thread has all the power to make or break this bundle. There IS a whole world out there to market to, and I'm sure this thread has absolutely no influence at all. If anything, this thread has been highly constructive in providing first-rate feedback on what works/doesn't work on the bundle. The alternative is to make no sales, and never know why those sales did not occur - which truly is a complete and utter failure.

I may be repeating what has already been stated, but I think what MacBundlePro is trying to say is that he is not worried about this thread affecting sales of the bundle, but he is concerned about it sending developers the wrong message about his business ethics which would make it harder to get those developers to add their apps to his bundle.

You understand perfectly. Thanks mikey!
Then, What should I do?

October 8, 2010 9:52 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

Should I try to contact John?

October 8, 2010 9:59 pm
denny_crane

denny_crane

Sky Pirate

from Canada, eh?
1,702 posts

@blueball
tongue

Not here in Canada (CD Google). Macheist didn't register in the top 100 out of 2,410,000.

Use Denny's DropBox Link > CLICK HERE! Because I need extra some space - The Final Frontier!

October 8, 2010 10:00 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

denny_crane wrote:

@blueball
tongue

Not here in Canada (CD Google). Macheist didn't register in the top 100 out of 2,410,000.

What do you mean?

October 8, 2010 10:03 pm
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,692 posts

This whole thing to me has been... oh, what's the term. I can't think of it now.

Anyway, there's a few reasons why none of the directorate or mods will delete this topic for you. I should imagine some find it too entertaining. Some find it too obvious. But by and large I imagine that it has something to do with my reasoning, at least in part.

macbundlepro wrote:

This message is for "june0000".

YOU CAN'T OPEN A TOPIC ABOUT US WITHOUT A PERMIT.

Strike one. First off, you could have taken this to a PM, and instead you aimed to make this a public fiasco. It should be of absolutely no surprise to you that this blew up in your face.

Strike two. You do not, under any circumstances, get to dictate to any of our members what they can and can not say. Ever. We have ways of dealing with trolls that make unsubstantiated claims, but if there is legitimate evidence or discussion to follow, then certainly one can defend one's self.

macbundlepro wrote:

It's true, I can cancel my personal post, but I want to delete the entire topic.

Again. No. Censorship is looked down upon very much here. Whenever we (and by "we" I mean the board, not the mods) get something that smells even slightly of it, all hell breaks loose. We have week long rants and pissing matches about it and about how wrong it is and how it's an abuse of power.

We're not going to censor this post so that you're able to save face. I'm not going to do it and the community at large isn't going to allow it. You have the chance to save your own face, and I suggest you start doing so. The MacFriendly bundle, if I recall correctly, started off on similarly rocky footing, but is now a fairly respectable bundle. They did this by learning from their mistakes. You should follow this example.

Here's the thing, by the way, that irks me the most. You come here and tell me (and my fellow mods) that we aren't doing our jobs properly, but you have yet to be honest with us from minute one. You claim to be Italian, and yet your registration as well as all of your posts have been done to date have come from the U.K. instead of Italy. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, except for the fact that the IP also indicates that you've been hiding behind a proxy the entire time. I get this feeling, and quite rationally I think, that you don't want me to be able to associate your physical location with our friend june0000.

You insult my intelligence and you assume you can instruct me on how to do my job. For these reasons I will not help you in any fashion. You've been offensive in this regard.

Oh, right. That's the term. Offensive. This whole thing has been offensive.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

October 8, 2010 10:03 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

Miah wrote:

This whole thing to me has been... oh, what's the term. I can't think of it now.

Anyway, there's a few reasons why none of the directorate or mods will delete this topic for you. I should imagine some find it too entertaining. Some find it too obvious. But by and large I imagine that it has something to do with my reasoning, at least in part.

macbundlepro wrote:

This message is for "june0000".

YOU CAN'T OPEN A TOPIC ABOUT US WITHOUT A PERMIT.

Miah wrote:

Strike one. First off, you could have taken this to a PM, and instead you aimed to make this a public fiasco. It should be of absolutely no surprise to you that this blew up in your face.

Strike two. You do not, under any circumstances, get to dictate to any of our members what they can and can not say. Ever. We have ways of dealing with trolls that make unsubstantiated claims, but if there is legitimate evidence or discussion to follow, then certainly one can defend one's self.

This you say is absolutely right, but you think about my situation.
I don't understand why because of a person who has been banned and no longer
able to enter on the forum macheist must be able to continually damage my image.


macbundlepro wrote:

It's true, I can cancel my personal post, but I want to delete the entire topic.

Miah wrote:

Again. No. Censorship is looked down upon very much here. Whenever we (and by "we" I mean the board, not the mods) get something that smells even slightly of it, all hell breaks loose. We have week long rants and pissing matches about it and about how wrong it is and how it's an abuse of power.

We're not going to censor this post so that you're able to save face. I'm not going to do it and the community at large isn't going to allow it. You have the chance to save your own face, and I suggest you start doing so. The MacFriendly bundle, if I recall correctly, started off on similarly rocky footing, but is now a fairly respectable bundle. They did this by learning from their mistakes. You should follow this example.

I want to say that because I have to start from scratch instead of from -10 for because of a fool.
It is not logical, it is wrong!

Miah wrote:

Here's the thing, by the way that irks me the most. You come here and tell me (and my fellow mods) that we aren't doing our jobs properly, but you have yet to be honest with us from minute one. You claim to be Italian, and yet your registration as well as all of your posts have been done to date have come from the U.K. instead of Italy. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, except for the fact that the IP also indicates that you've been hiding behind a proxy the entire time. I get this feeling, and quite rationally I think, that you don't want me to be able to associate your physical location with our friend june0000.

What you say is partially true, because I connect from the network of IBM, my father works there and I have a connection with them.
Jowever I can send my certificate of residence and you can see that I live in Milan, I can also send the bill made out in my name, I can send you whatever you want.
But in what sense I use a proxy?

Miah wrote:

You insult my intelligence and you assume you can instruct me on how to do my job. For these reasons I will not help you in any fashion. You've been offensive in this regard.

Oh, right. That's the term. Offensive. This whole thing has been offensive.

Put yourself in my shoes, what would you?

October 8, 2010 10:28 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

How could I do to show you that I am in Milan?

October 8, 2010 10:47 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

I am now using the pen drive IBM to go on the internet.

October 8, 2010 10:49 pm
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,692 posts

Slow down a bit. Triple posting is only going to irritate others.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

October 8, 2010 10:52 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

Yes, sorry but I do not know how I can show you that I am in Milan.
Can I send documents or other?

October 8, 2010 10:56 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

Miah wrote:

Slow down a bit. Triple posting is only going to irritate others.

We can do so. Can you call me at home number?
The number is prefixed with 02, and it is in Milan.

October 8, 2010 11:01 pm
Swanny14

Swanny14

Automaton Tech

from Somewhere Over the Rainbow...
497 posts

Double posting isn't any different... Just click the edit button if you have something to add

I'm Such a Twit | My Blog | My Chi.mp
Swanny14 On IRC
Come Visit Us in #Macheist !

October 8, 2010 11:03 pm
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,692 posts

Check your PMs.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

October 8, 2010 11:04 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

Miah wrote:

Check your PMs.

I replied.
Miah check your PMs.

October 8, 2010 11:34 pm
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,692 posts

Okay, I've cleared up a sizable chunk of this off-forum.

From what I've seen I can assert the following:

The user macbundlepro is the owner and present holder of the macbundlepro.com domain and should be treated as the representative.

The user june0000 is not the same as the user macbundlepro. As far as I can reference, the two are not remotely close to each other and it would have been improbable for the user macbundlepro to have posted from june0000's location.

It remains possible for june0000 and macbundlepro to be associated in some way. However, I have found no indication that this is the case. I'll continue checking for this, but for now it should be assumed that the two are not affiliated. It's entirely possible that june0000 is a developer of a program to be included in the bundle itself and I would like to point out that this sort of thing has in fact happened before with other more legitimate bundles and the bundle owners themselves really should not be considered at fault here.

Further, while I don't agree with the method that macbundlepro has taken on dealing with this particular issue, I can certainly see why he has. The fact is that the owner of the domain and this account, Giuseppe Galullo, does have a legitimate reason to be concerned for being misrepresented, particularly due to a graduate program that he's about to go before.

From here, I would like to suggest that further discussion on this bundle be about the bundle proper rather than the identity of june0000 or the accusation of astroturfing. I will continue to look into this matter, but for now it appears fairly soundly that macbundlepro itself is not the instigator of this.

I would also like to mention that I have received digital copies to help verify macbundlepro's identity and story. He has been incredibly forthcoming about this matter and I don't have much reason to doubt him.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

October 9, 2010 12:31 am
blue_fireball_eater

blue_fireball_eater

Moderator

from Nashville
2,762 posts

Miah wrote:

[just look at the post above]

Wow, that's a first.

avatar is from Penfield & Jasper, 1954

October 9, 2010 3:15 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

macbundlepro wrote:

You do not know that I spent all my savings in programming and graphics. I saved for months to pay for these works.
I registered the name and the brand of my company, I'm working hard on this project. I opened the VAT to resell in Europe. If you want I can send my VAT number.

I even contacted a lawyer to make contact for developers and not easy to find a lawyer who understands these things.
You can not imagine how much hard work and savings to do this.
Then I had to translate all the documents of an interpreter for the legal and commercial translation.

and doesn't end here ... and then I found other problems.
For the safety of the dedicated server I have bought the Cisco equipment, all money thrown to the wind for a fool who likes to write in the forums.

All this is paid per month ... so I left with nothing .. just the cisco system costs $ 300 per month.
But I have done this, because for me it's important safety for developers, and I can't allow anything to happen to their licenses.

I don't understand why, because a fool has to end like this...months of work thrown to the wind.

My question is WHY? Do you see lots of other bundle creators making money and you want some too? How is it worth putting all of your time and money into? I don't know of any of the recent bundles that have done very well. And there aren't very many great apps left that haven't already been in several bundles. Nothing that you are planning hasn't already been done several times over. I just can't understand your motivation for putting in this trouble to repeat what's already been done and to offer what's already been offered. And it's not just you, I want to ask this to almost all of the current bundle creators. I'm getting tired of so many low-quality bundles from no-name people who are after developers money. I do think bundles are a good thing for developers, but they are so often now that many developers are getting desperate and joining every bundle that comes along. So I also want to ask developers WHY as well. Why associate your products with bundles that are so poor? The whole bundle market has decreased the value of Mac software. No one will buy it anymore unless it's on sale or in a bundle. But that could be a whole topic in itself. smile

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

October 9, 2010 5:12 am
marcoklobas

marcoklobas

Automaton Tech

from Trieste, Italy
274 posts

@ Miah: Well done, thanks for the constructive examination.

@ macbundlepro: you’ve more than 3 weeks to finalize a good bundle. Thus far the start of the MacbundlePro was so-so but not all is lost. Coraggio! smile

@izdale: I too think that recently the whole bundle activity is a little bit saturated and marked down.

Marco Klobas

October 9, 2010 8:46 am
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

izdale wrote:
macbundlepro wrote:

You do not know that I spent all my savings in programming and graphics. I saved for months to pay for these works.
I registered the name and the brand of my company, I'm working hard on this project. I opened the VAT to resell in Europe. If you want I can send my VAT number.

I even contacted a lawyer to make contact for developers and not easy to find a lawyer who understands these things.
You can not imagine how much hard work and savings to do this.
Then I had to translate all the documents of an interpreter for the legal and commercial translation.

and doesn't end here ... and then I found other problems.
For the safety of the dedicated server I have bought the Cisco equipment, all money thrown to the wind for a fool who likes to write in the forums.

All this is paid per month ... so I left with nothing .. just the cisco system costs $ 300 per month.
But I have done this, because for me it's important safety for developers, and I can't allow anything to happen to their licenses.

I don't understand why, because a fool has to end like this...months of work thrown to the wind.

My question is WHY? Do you see lots of other bundle creators making money and you want some too? How is it worth putting all of your time and money into? I don't know of any of the recent bundles that have done very well. And there aren't very many great apps left that haven't already been in several bundles. Nothing that you are planning hasn't already been done several times over. I just can't understand your motivation for putting in this trouble to repeat what's already been done and to offer what's already been offered. And it's not just you, I want to ask this to almost all of the current bundle creators. I'm getting tired of so many low-quality bundles from no-name people who are after developers money. I do think bundles are a good thing for developers, but they are so often now that many developers are getting desperate and joining every bundle that comes along. So I also want to ask developers WHY as well. Why associate your products with bundles that are so poor? The whole bundle market has decreased the value of Mac software. No one will buy it anymore unless it's on sale or in a bundle. But that could be a whole topic in itself. smile

What you are saying is true, but I think there is too much competition in the sale of a single product, but if a product is inserted into a bundle for sure it acquires a greater visibility and will be sold.

In my opinion a good application, if not widespread, is not taken
into account because there is too much competition and the bundle is a good opportunity to bring visibility and show its own software to people.

So if a software is good, it can certainly be a great success after its launch in a "bundle".

I think it works so, for example if the "Microsoft" has made a software, many people buy it thinking that it is good just because it was sold a lot and because everyone has it.

In my opinion, even an application just born with small defects, it can grow and be spread quickly with a bundle and get visibility for users;
it is very important that people know that exists this software,

I think that a software has many possibilities with the bundle to emerge and stand out from all other software.

Unfortunately this is necessary and it doesn't depend on our will.

October 9, 2010 1:17 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

marcoklobas wrote:

@ Miah: Well done, thanks for the constructive examination.

marcoklobas wrote:

@ macbundlepro: you’ve more than 3 weeks to finalize a good bundle. Thus far the start of the MacbundlePro was so-so but not all is lost. Coraggio! smile

Thanks a lot, you're a really good man. Thanks!


marcoklobas wrote:

@izdale: I too think that recently the whole bundle activity is a little bit saturated and marked down.

Sure, there's plenty of competition; but in life we must try always.

October 9, 2010 1:34 pm
paradime

paradime

Automaton Tech

470 posts

@macbundlepro

If a new bundle is relying on this forum to promote themselves, they're as good as dead. Hence my issue with MacBundlePro. All this crying about the time, effort and money spent is just b.s. because the only place I've seen it promoted is here. Seriously, hit the blog circuit or something.

All these posts from you, in my mind, discredits you because it's like you don't have anything better to do or you have such a lack of creativity that you can't get onto other blogs or forums and engage other Mac communities. Posting on here is like the easy cheat.

Miah wrote:

The MacFriendly bundle, if I recall correctly, started off on similarly rocky footing, but is now a fairly respectable bundle.

Since when? wink I  don't think anyone who was around during MacWeed respects them at all and I'm sure their sales number are still awful...no more than a couple of hundred bundles sold.

marcoklobas wrote:

I too think that recently the whole bundle activity is a little bit saturated and marked down.

I don't believe it's the bundles that are saturated but the choice of apps. It's either the exact same apps in most of the bundles, like Flux was recently, or it's the same class of app over and over again...like FTP or Twitter clients.

If a bundle is to be successful, they need to really get creative in terms of the apps they're offering. WP/web site templates? No thanks...there's a million free sites that offer this. 6 month hosting? No thanks...I got my own ISP that I prefer to work with. Any monthly cloud service? No thanks.

Man is a genius when he is dreaming.
- Akira Kurosawa

October 9, 2010 2:01 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

paradime wrote:

@macbundlepro

If a new bundle is relying on this forum to promote themselves, they're as good as dead. Hence my issue with MacBundlePro. All this crying about the time, effort and money spent is just b.s. because the only place I've seen it promoted is here. Seriously, hit the blog circuit or something.

All these posts from you, in my mind, discredits you because it's like you don't have anything better to do or you have such a lack of creativity that you can't get onto other blogs or forums and engage other Mac communities. Posting on here is like the easy cheat.

But I do not want to promote my site through the forum, this is SPAM, I will just delete the topic. Advertising must be done through banners, PPC, PPM and Social network marketing focused on the acquisition of new customers through Facebook, Twitter and other network groups. And Press releases to reach new customers through Google News and Publication of online articles to inform the greatest number of web users.

You must know that I want to delete this topic not only because it creates a negative aspect on my site, but also because I am a medical student, and if someone writes my name on google can see this topic; I am afraid that this may affect on my picture and then I might have trouble registering for the "Italian Medical Association".

You do not know how much hard work I'm doing. you must know that I'm going to work at the hospital every day and finish at 6 pm, I'm working hard to be active in this forum and in order to solve this problem caused by an idiot.

If you do not believe ask to Miah, I sent all the documents of my university and also a certificate of residence and participation certificate of the conference on 8 and 9 October in Milan at the SICOI regarding oral surgery.

Ask Miah if you want.


paradime wrote:
Miah wrote:

The MacFriendly bundle, if I recall correctly, started off on similarly rocky footing, but is now a fairly respectable bundle.

Since when? wink I  don't think anyone who was around during MacWeed respects them at all and I'm sure their sales number are still awful...no more than a couple of hundred bundles sold.

marcoklobas wrote:

I too think that recently the whole bundle activity is a little bit saturated and marked down.

I don't believe it's the bundles that are saturated but the choice of apps. It's either the exact same apps in most of the bundles, like Flux was recently, or it's the same class of app over and over again...like FTP or Twitter clients.

paradime wrote:

If a bundle is to be successful, they need to really get creative in terms of the apps they're offering. WP/web site templates? No thanks...there's a million free sites that offer this. 6 month hosting? No thanks...I got my own ISP that I prefer to work with. Any monthly cloud service? No thanks.

October 9, 2010 2:56 pm
kudioske

kudioske

Big Game Hunter

from Buffalo, MN
960 posts

Despite the awkwardness with which this potential bundle is being launched, macbundlepro's persistence in stating his case has been pretty impressive. My guess is that most others would've simple cut his losses and move on, but this guy is fighting pretty hard to fix a miscue.

Tenacity is one mark of a good entrepreneur. If macbundlepro puts the same kind of energy into making a high quality bundle (whatever "high quality" means), he might be successful with it. If he doesn't, then all his time spent here will have been for naught.

Having said that, let me encourage @macbundlepro to make the best bundle possible (ever would be even better), and this whole thread will die for being irrelevant.

Haste makes heist

October 9, 2010 4:45 pm
Jo123

Jo123

Automaton Tech

310 posts

@macbundlepro:

If you want to get an idea of what apps should be in your bundle in order to meet expectations, have a look at this thread:

What do you want to see in MacHeist 4?

and make a checklist of how often particular apps have been mentioned there.

October 9, 2010 5:44 pm
darkid

darkid

Automaton Tech

419 posts

I believe that has already been said...

“Excuse me, I need to soak my brain in acid now.”
“I took Craft Disturbing Mental Image as my feat last level.”
“Maybe my ears, too.”
—Order of the Stick

October 9, 2010 8:59 pm
JackV

JackV

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,072 posts

kudioske wrote:

Despite the awkwardness with which this potential bundle is being launched, macbundlepro's persistence in stating his case has been pretty impressive. My guess is that most others would've simple cut his losses and move on, but this guy is fighting pretty hard to fix a miscue.

Tenacity is one mark of a good entrepreneur. If macbundlepro puts the same kind of energy into making a high quality bundle (whatever "high quality" means), he might be successful with it. If he doesn't, then all his time spent here will have been for naught.

Having said that, let me encourage @macbundlepro to make the best bundle possible (ever would be even better), and this whole thread will die for being irrelevant.

Well said.

I write about Juice on Entsafter.co

October 10, 2010 2:00 am
Werty

Werty

Automaton Tech

172 posts

I wanted to support this guy for the dedication he's putting into this whole bundle selling thing, i just bought texttopix from them and everything went fine smile

Dropbox Referral: get 2,25GB instead of 2GB for free.

If you find any English error in my posts, be so kind to let me know.
I'm not a native speaker and I'm still learning smile

October 10, 2010 7:56 am
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

TODAY I INFORM YOU THAT THE SITE MACBUNDLEPRO CLOSES.
ALL THIS BEAUSE OF THIS TOPIC.

I was able to negotiate for good software, but today I received several negative emails from developers.
Many of them had already signed up and were ready to send the license, but because of this forum will be closed all.

I have spent over 9,000 dollars for this site, including hosting, graphic designers, VAT, commercialist, programmers and press releases.

I had already alerted you to close this topic, if there was this topic today I'd already done everything.
I made sacrifices to put aside this money, but today I lost everything.

I have never cheated money!!!  I'm an honest person!!!
I warned you , but now the damage is done, today I go to my lawyer and I will explain everything.

This topic has caused me moral and financial damage.

I had always admired you, but now today I have lost the will and the willingness to continue my desire.

See you guys.

October 10, 2010 12:32 pm
JackV

JackV

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,072 posts

As an entrepreneur myself, I am sorry for your loss of your investment and the time and energy dedicated to the project.

Nevertheless this will happen again and again and again. And sometimes you succeed.

It is a prerequisite that you handle criticism in a professional manner and remain calm and professional. If a simple thread on a forum threatens your whole business idea you would want to reassess your business plan. This just must not happen.

“Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing”

Aristotle

I wish you a more successful experience with your next project. Please don´t give up. You only have failed if you stop trying.

Chris

I write about Juice on Entsafter.co

October 10, 2010 1:17 pm
paradime

paradime

Automaton Tech

470 posts

macbundlepro wrote:

I was able to negotiate for good software, but today I received several negative emails from developers.

I find this hard to believe because most of the bundles promoted here have been savaged by many critics and, somehow, they continue to operate. Even still, the tone of this thread was starting to turn around so the fact that you're pulling the plug now seems suspect.

Also, if your bundle was to live or die based on one thread on one forum, well, sorry to say but maybe it deserves to die. If what you're saying is the absolute truth, then let it serve as a warning to others.

Man is a genius when he is dreaming.
- Akira Kurosawa

October 10, 2010 1:50 pm
kudioske

kudioske

Big Game Hunter

from Buffalo, MN
960 posts

macbundlepro wrote:

[Disenchanted post...]

It seems to me that you still have three weeks to put a bundle together (by your countdown clock), and might be able to recoup at least some of your investment. It also seems to me that the macbundlepro website is still up, since I just visited there (unless the OP gave the wrong address).

Given that, it seems the best course of action is to keep working on creating a bundle. Make it as good as you can, and learn from the experience, so that things will go better next time. Folding everything right now doesn't seem to make as much sense, since the money's already been spent.

Haste makes heist

October 10, 2010 7:05 pm
choma

choma

Automaton Tech

from uk
496 posts

yeah keep going.... you might at least break even.

Don't throw $9000 away so easily.

Good luck.

Oh, what are the apps? anyone know?

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜
Use my DROPBOX link and we both get an extra 250mb free!
https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTYxNTMzNDk

October 10, 2010 7:50 pm
markrof

markrof

Automaton Tech

from UK
433 posts

Werty wrote:

I wanted to support this guy for the dedication he's putting into this whole bundle selling thing, i just bought texttopix from them and everything went fine smile

Just bought texttopix and all went well.
@macbundlepro hope you change your mind about your bundle.

Have a nice day

October 10, 2010 8:19 pm
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

choma wrote:

yeah keep going.... you might at least break even.

Don't throw $9000 away so easily.

Good luck.

Oh, what are the apps? anyone know?

Don't give up! Criticism is good. It helps you figure out what you need to fix. Embrace it and keep on chuggin, no matter what people say.... watch half of your critics will end up buying your bundle anyway!

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

October 10, 2010 8:47 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

Thanks @kudioske, @Choma and @markrof for your support.
I do not know you personally, but for sure you guys are great men.

Today I got good news from 3 developers and I think that thanks to you and have your comments, I will be able to start.

Continue to support "MacuBundlePro" because I think that it just needs this, and I have all the determination and desire to make this site really important, for now I don't care to earn little or nothing from this bundle, but I just want to succeed in this, then we'll see...

Thanks again!
Giuseppe

October 10, 2010 9:05 pm
zetasquared

zetasquared

Gearhead

55 posts

I don't support this guy in any way, at all. Something smells really, really fishy here. Reading through this post again, (bored and mildly amused by it all) it is clear the MacBundlePro is the one who escalates this way out of control.

Either legal action was the sole reason for this in the first place, or they are just trying to gain more publicity....something is definitely not on the up and up.

Oh, BTW, feel free to use your lawyer to try and censor my right to free speech! Good Luck!

My advice, stick to Doctor'n....you suck as a marketer!

Lastly, it is really hard to feel sorry for the Doctor who lost a puny $9000. Not much to risk, really. Suck it up. Learn from your stupid mistakes. You were the one who blew this up into more then it needed to be.

October 10, 2010 9:16 pm
Grey Christian

Grey Christian

Gearhead

94 posts

YOU CAN'T TALK TO A LAWYER ABOUT US WITHOUT A PERMIT!

So it goes.

October 10, 2010 9:33 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

zetasquared wrote:

I don't support this guy in any way, at all. Something smells really, really fishy here. Reading through this post again, (bored and mildly amused by it all) it is clear the MacBundlePro is the one who escalates this way out of control.

Either legal action was the sole reason for this in the first place, or they are just trying to gain more publicity....something is definitely not on the up and up.

Oh, BTW, feel free to use your lawyer to try and censor my right to free speech! Good Luck!

My advice, stick to Doctor'n....you suck as a marketer!

Lastly, it is really hard to feel sorry for the Doctor who lost a puny $9000. Not much to risk, really. Suck it up. Learn from your stupid mistakes. You were the one who blew this up into more then it needed to be.

First, "My father" is not a doctor and he works at IBM for check the Certificate ISO and I think that this has led me to have a dedication for the computer.

I bought my first Mac to 18 years with my savings and I do not think that 9,000 dollars are nonsense, if you think that they are, accommodated.
I to earn that money that you say are nonsense, I have worked for "two years" in my free-time as waiter.

You can not imagine what i have to study for this degree program, and then in Italy there are no private hospitals, and therefore don't think that a doctor make a lot money here.

At best, when a doctor has between 40-50 years earns € 3,000 per month after 10 years of study and 3 years of practice and then has to work all day and sometimes at night he has to go to hospital to visit patients.

I don't want to preach to anyone, but I think that you should know that nothing is easy in life.

Tuttavia può dire quello che vuoi .. Dite la vostra ... ma una cosa:

Not despise my course of degree, you can not imagine how is difficult and even stressful...
you try to do it  and not only talk !!!

October 10, 2010 10:10 pm
macbundlepro

macbundlepro

Gearhead

76 posts

Grey Christian wrote:

YOU CAN'T TALK TO A LAWYER ABOUT US WITHOUT A PERMIT!

Why? However, I think that no longer needed. Thanks guys.

October 10, 2010 10:12 pm
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

EDIT: See my next post.  Please leave this one here to make sure the next post stays at the top of the page, and be sure to read it!  Thanks!

NovaStorm Software || @NovaStormSW || @jfm429 || Dropbox + Extra Storage

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
- Alan Kay, inventor of Object-Oriented programming

October 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Become an agent



Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)


As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

 

Login to MacHeist



As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?