Forums

The Heist is an app, not a new bundle? Rumors abound!

MacHeist Forums » The Heist » The Heist is an app, not a new bundle? Rumors abound!
adster

adster

Tinkerer

from Los Angeles, CA
13 posts

According to this post:
http://www.razorianfly.com/2011/05/19/macheist-returns/

"The Heist" is an app to be released with a bunch of puzzles in it that can lead to prizes. There is no mention of a bundle (but you never know!)

The Heist is a soon-to-be-released game which features a series of puzzles. Everytime you unlock a puzzle, you get closer to completing a “heist.” After completing the heist you receive a free application.

May 19, 2011 12:54 am
btester92

btester92

Big Game Hunter

from USA
944 posts

I highly doubt that Macheist would use many beta testers for such a thing, since they'd be opening themselves up to leaks. The leak could be intentional, but the whole article seems bizarre. Anybody could send an email claiming to have tested the app. And I doubt Macheist would release something for iPhone, it would seriously limit the number of people who participated.

Of course, it's going to happen now that I'm saying this...

If I was helpful, consider signing up for Dropbox on my referral.

May 19, 2011 12:58 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,765 posts

Did someone read it before the end of the article was redacted?

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

May 19, 2011 1:03 am
Fainther

Fainther

Tinkerer

15 posts

Anyone saw the QRcode? What's about that?

May 19, 2011 1:06 am
clemnick

clemnick

Urchin

from Fort Collins, CO
2 posts

The QR code leads back the article.

May 19, 2011 1:09 am
hsbork

hsbork

Gearhead

from quaqua
66 posts

The fact that someone apparently asked that the story be redacted sort of suggests that it was accurate, or at least on the right track.

me iuvat in prima coluisse Helicona iuventa
Musarumque choris implicuisse manus

May 19, 2011 1:10 am
MrBobDobolina

MrBobDobolina

Big Game Hunter

from La-La-Land
706 posts

I read it before it was redacted. It said something about a lead up to an app, which was something like a heist app? It was vague and I mostly skimmed it.

Apathetic Thursday | Twitter | Flickr | Previously Awesome

May 19, 2011 1:12 am
Kilenaitor

Kilenaitor

Tinkerer

10 posts

Yeah. I got to read it. Not a lot of info. A guy that said he was one of the Beta testers for it. Sounded sketchy until they pulled it. O_o This is gonna be an interesting heist. big_smile Cant wait!

May 19, 2011 1:15 am
MrBobDobolina

MrBobDobolina

Big Game Hunter

from La-La-Land
706 posts

Yeah... I just hope it's timely... I have to wake up early tomorrow

Apathetic Thursday | Twitter | Flickr | Previously Awesome

May 19, 2011 1:18 am
Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj

Tinkerer

from Hereford, UK
35 posts

I trust anything from RazorianFly. They've been right before! And since it's been REQUESTED to be redacted... that's a good sign!

May 19, 2011 1:36 am
Agent Josh

Agent Josh

Urchin

8 posts

They broke the news about Twitter for Mac. I believe em.

May 19, 2011 1:45 am

R-Fly

Thanks Abcmsaj, Josh.

May 19, 2011 1:53 am
PlumPanda

PlumPanda

Automaton Tech

from [CLASSIFIED]
112 posts

What better time to purchase an iPad  ^^

• It's not the fall that kills you; it's the sudden stop at the end.

May 19, 2011 2:17 am

Jekstrand

Urchin

7 posts

Makes sense in my world.

Apple store address in the app.
Seems there's defenses around the "App(le) Store."
Great way to host a heist, with an app opening a code or link for the reward.

First Heist 2011

May 19, 2011 2:22 am
wellsj

wellsj

Tinkerer

from Ontario
15 posts

It's supposed to be a "Mac" heist, not an iOSheist!

Click on my referral link below.

www.macheist.com/bundle/u/37006/

May 19, 2011 3:14 am
jesseB93

jesseB93

Automaton Tech

102 posts

did it ever say it was to be an iOS app. I thought when I read it it just said app. For all me know it could be a mac app that will allow users to work on puzzles to unlock the different heists.

10gb storage space with Dropbox Click Here

Earn FREE amazon gift cards and other prizes just by using this search engine. http://bit.ly/3QvTwV

May 19, 2011 3:58 am
mayorcj

mayorcj

Tinkerer

from Chicago, IL
26 posts

If this heist isn't exactly what I think it should be in my mind I'm going to be completely disappointed in this entirely free thing that I should have a say over because I have the internet. wink

Be Good.

May 19, 2011 5:14 am
designedbyapple

designedbyapple

Gearhead

from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
52 posts

mayorcj wrote:

If this heist isn't exactly what I think it should be in my mind I'm going to be completely disappointed in this entirely free thing that I should have a say over because I have the internet. wink

LOL! Thanks for bringing some much needed perspective on the situation big_smile

"Natural disasters disproportionatly hit trailer parks. That's right! And why?
Because you don't like aluminum siding. Aluminum siding is evil."                  - Mr. Deity

May 19, 2011 8:03 am
froamer

froamer

Urchin

from Essex, UK
3 posts

If you type macheist into the iphone app store it doesn't find anything but asks if you meant "atheist" :-)

All the best,
froamer
www.4dsites.com . web development . mobile development . hosting . auditing . marketing . training . support

May 19, 2011 9:19 am
tasel

tasel

Tinkerer

from CT/NYC
23 posts

BasilSalad is tweeting that their News Anchor software is going to have something to do with the heist.  Or at least piggybacking on the hash-tag.

“@NewsAnchorMac: Going to the #WWDC ? Want a promo code for News Anchor? Find it in the #WWDCscavengerhunt http://j.mp/fdgv0d” #TheHeist

I'm a leaf on the wind.  Watch me soar.

May 19, 2011 2:23 pm
irawkmac

irawkmac

Urchin

5 posts

I'm totally ready for this. I just hope there isn't going to be a bunch of In-App advertising or some crap like that. I've been looking forward to this for almost 2 years!

ONE OF US
Twitter
Tumblr

May 19, 2011 4:17 pm
DrakasX

DrakasX

Big Game Hunter

from USA
861 posts

nope.

iMac 12,1 | iPhone 4S | iPad3 | Twitter | Playstation Network ID

May 19, 2011 5:13 pm

amk515

Urchin

1 posts

Anyone think it could be an iPad 2 jailbreak? There has been a lot of "Elevator" talk on Twitter relating to the jailbreak.

Also, from the blueprint it shows a room which looks very secure and gives an "unknown" behind it all. The address is one of Apple's flagship stores.

Could the first of the 4 icons that pop up when you turn the lock be the A5 chip in the iPad 2 and the last one showing a box be an icon relating to Cydia?

May 19, 2011 6:26 pm
rishim

rishim

Automaton Tech

from Gloucester
448 posts

amk515 wrote:

Anyone think it could be an iPad 2 jailbreak? There has been a lot of "Elevator" talk on Twitter relating to the jailbreak.

Also, from the blueprint it shows a room which looks very secure and gives an "unknown" behind it all. The address is one of Apple's flagship stores.

Could the first of the 4 icons that pop up when you turn the lock be the A5 chip in the iPad 2 and the last one showing a box be an icon relating to Cydia?

No. It's not, it just isn't.

May 19, 2011 7:34 pm
psithyrismos

psithyrismos

Gearhead

65 posts

It would make perfectly sense, especially because you can also read the code in leetspeak:
T2JBR813WBJYA703E4Q7DGKR then reads as: "To jailbreak ...."

Given the fact that the directorate is spending their time making money with developing apps for iOS this makes a hell lot of sense to me. The cydia reference then also makes sense because that'll be the only way to actually distribute a bundle on iOS.

However, MacHeist used to be a Mac app bundle, I don't want it to be about iPhones or iPads sad

May 19, 2011 8:53 pm
darkid

darkid

Automaton Tech

419 posts

Can you provide more "translation" on that? I've no clue about pseudo-1337speek.

“Excuse me, I need to soak my brain in acid now.”
“I took Craft Disturbing Mental Image as my feat last level.”
“Maybe my ears, too.”
—Order of the Stick

May 19, 2011 8:58 pm
donbenjy@gmail.com

donbenjy@gmail.com

Gearhead

from Birmingham, UK
70 posts

I really don't think that a fairly prominent IOS developer would publicly release a jailbreak as part of a heist...that makes no sense and would probably get them banned from the app store!

Go Orange GO! big_smile
Buy the MH3 bundle: ttp://www.macheist.com/bundle/u/147656/

May 19, 2011 10:45 pm
butterflyc

butterflyc

Automaton Tech

from Chicagoland
197 posts

So.... tossing an idea out....

Is the fact that this is The Heist a clue that it is possibly something for iOS and not Mac, since it's just "Heist" and not "MacHeist"?

Purple is purty...
Biology prof -- feel free to PM with college-y questions!
Thanks to those who bought using my referral code!

May 20, 2011 4:38 am
mpstrex

mpstrex

Automaton Tech

from Palm Beach County, FL
108 posts

Did anyone notice, and I'm sure you have since I just now found out about this, but http://twitter.com/#!/NewsAnchorMac was posting redeemable codes for, I'm guessing, their $30 USD software? Are we supposed to download (buy) their app for the Heist?

http://heathmcknight.com
http://twitter.com/hmcknight

May 20, 2011 4:44 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,765 posts

mpstrex wrote:

Did anyone notice, and I'm sure you have since I just now found out about this, but twitter.com/#!/NewsAnchorMac was posting redeemable codes for, I'm guessing, their $30 USD software? Are we supposed to download (buy) their app for the Heist?

NO. They are just spamming the MacHeist home page with tweets to get attention. No purchases are required to participate in heists.

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

May 20, 2011 4:48 am
Seshan

Seshan

Automaton Tech

195 posts

If it is not from the Macheist Twitter ignore it. Simple as that.

Wooooo!

May 20, 2011 4:58 am
mpstrex

mpstrex

Automaton Tech

from Palm Beach County, FL
108 posts

izdale wrote:

NO. They are just spamming the MacHeist home page with tweets to get attention. No purchases are required to participate in heists.

I figured as much... lame...

http://heathmcknight.com
http://twitter.com/hmcknight

May 20, 2011 5:15 am
kingkaramel

kingkaramel

Automaton Tech

from Germany
415 posts

butterflyc wrote:

Is the fact that this is The Heist a clue that it is possibly something for iOS and not Mac, since it's just "Heist" and not "MacHeist"?

No, it's a clue that it will be for Windows too. wink

May 20, 2011 12:54 pm
garrys007

garrys007

Tinkerer

from Wagga Wagga, Australia
31 posts

kingkaramel wrote:
butterflyc wrote:

That scares me...

What, Huh, Oh it's that!
Say hello to my little friend...

May 20, 2011 10:06 pm
kingkaramel

kingkaramel

Automaton Tech

from Germany
415 posts

garrys007 wrote:
kingkaramel wrote:
butterflyc wrote:

That scares me...

Don't worry, they just get the free bonus trojan.

May 21, 2011 4:13 am
RvMouche

RvMouche

Urchin

2 posts

psithyrismos wrote:

It would make perfectly sense, especially because you can also read the code in leetspeak:

Given the fact that the directorate is spending their time making money with developing apps for iOS this makes a hell lot of sense to me. The cydia reference then also makes sense because that'll be the only way to actually distribute a bundle on iOS.

However, MacHeist used to be a Mac app bundle, I don't want it to be about iPhones or iPads sad

I can add MacHeist to Cydia as a repo, interesting? You can see it here: http: // raimond .tk /m4BJdz
(delete those spaces for the actual url)

May 22, 2011 11:59 am

kyojc

Urchin

3 posts

RvMouche wrote:

I can add MacHeist to Cydia as a repo, interesting? You can see it here: http: // raimond .tk /m4BJdz
(delete those spaces for the actual url)

How did you find out that this is a mac heist repo?
btw: i cant add it...

May 22, 2011 5:12 pm
RvMouche

RvMouche

Urchin

2 posts

I don't know, it came up in my mind and I just added http:/ / macheist . com as repo in Cydia and that worked.

May 22, 2011 8:27 pm
buschi

buschi

Tinkerer

20 posts

I could add it too, but with some errors.
http://www.cl.ly/3i3E3G380U3l2Y3Y1b1j

:-D

May 22, 2011 8:53 pm
PiratX

PiratX

Automaton Tech

from Athens, Greece
215 posts

hmmm... any beta repo?

Green Monkeys™
Twitter - Get Dropbox smile - Droplr

May 22, 2011 11:14 pm
didel

didel

Urchin

from Zeist, Netherlands
1 posts

psithyrismos wrote:

I elaborated a little bit on that one, which might not even be such a strange thought (however the serial number theory doesn't sound that strange as well). This is as far as i got:

T2JBR813WBJYA703E4Q7DGKR = To jailbreak ie web java to before cute [DGKR]

couldn't make any sensible word(s) out of the last bit... And note that this is only one possible 'translation', many more possibilities...

May 22, 2011 11:28 pm

JPlay

Automaton Tech

121 posts

Alternative translation....

Turn 2 Jesus' brother, Ralph, (chapter) 8, (section) 13, where Brother Jesus yells at 703 Ephesians 4 questioning 7 disc golfers (who) killed Ralph

(It's possible DG means something else than what I got. But the rest I stand by.)

May 23, 2011 3:15 am
miml

miml

Automaton Tech

from NYC
101 posts

just a side note for everyone discussing the twitter app possibilities, tweetdeck was just bought by twitter for 40 mil, and we all know how good of a relationship heist has with twitter, so it's just my guess that it's included. happy heisting.... green team!

Green? The same color of some people’s eyes, or maybe a watermelon…. And now were in Delaware

May 24, 2011 3:10 am

benihxo

Urchin

3 posts

"T2JBR813WBJYA703E4Q7DGKR = To jailbreak ie web java to before cute [DGKR]"

To jailbreak ie web java to before CUTE DOG KOREA

OMG
j/k

May 24, 2011 5:44 am
reddragon

reddragon

Urchin

1 posts

I wonder if there is greater significance to the dimensions of the map (since they give you a scale). I tried sniffing about for the symbols, but I can only make out the last two "Taurus" and "Cube" I think the address to the apple store is re-enforcing the "Cube" idea.

May 24, 2011 6:29 am
ai2macagent

ai2macagent

Tinkerer

10 posts

You use the code in the MacHeist game smile You just download it from the app store they released the game last night

Ai2 Mac Agent

May 24, 2011 4:38 pm
Swanny14

Swanny14

Automaton Tech

from Somewhere Over the Rainbow...
497 posts

Guys

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-heis … 24418?mt=8

I'm Such a Twit | My Blog | My Chi.mp
Swanny14 On IRC
Come Visit Us in #Macheist !

May 24, 2011 4:55 pm
3styler

3styler

Automaton Tech

326 posts

izdale wrote:

Swanny14 wrote:

Guys

So much for no purchase necessary?

Active Bundles: None - Sad Panda Face

May 24, 2011 5:19 pm
agg23

agg23

Big Game Hunter

511 posts

3styler wrote:
izdale wrote:

Swanny14 wrote:

Guys

So much for no purchase necessary?

That just ruined it for me...

An Apple a day keeps Windows away.
Get free Dropbox space!

May 24, 2011 5:59 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

i'll buy that for a dollar

I'm feeling old

May 24, 2011 6:01 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Heist » The Heist is an app, not a new bundle? Rumors abound!

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?