Forums

Introducing The Heist

MacHeist Forums » The Heist » Introducing The Heist
phillryu

phillryu

Administrator

1,569 posts

As some of you have noticed over the past week, there have been some rumblings here at MacHeist. Today I finally get to reveal what the team has been hard at work on for nearly a year and a half!

Presenting… The Heist. Available starting today for 99¢ on the App Store.

http://macheist.com/img/forums/heist-screenshots.png

The Heist is a standalone MacHeist mission designed for the iPhone (and iPod touch). It features a lot of familiar features in new streamlined, pocketable form – you'll be undergoing a mission to crack the safe, complete with a software prize waiting for you inside the vault, and you'll have to solve puzzles on the way.

It's extremely addictive, and we're hoping it'll introduce a whole new generation to the concept of heisting smile

Is this MacHeist 4? Definitively, no. This is what we promise to be the very last piece of dessert before the main event. But we are incredibly excited to finally bring MacHeist to iOS and the App Store, and we hope you guys find this just as cool as we do.

The vault awaits…

http://macheist.com/img/forums/heist-icon.png

Only one question remains… Can you crack it?

Find out more about the team behind the game at the tap tap tap blog.

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

May 24, 2011 4:57 pm
awakebyjava

awakebyjava

Automaton Tech

from Outpost Gallifrey
234 posts

On it. 4 levels into the first game.

Don't legi con comm bility unica fuse with tion.

Twitter

May 24, 2011 5:08 pm
andys53

andys53

Sky Pirate

from a frog flu resistant land.
1,904 posts

Thankyou.

smile From a spam free, orange team, land smile

May 24, 2011 5:10 pm
Seshan

Seshan

Automaton Tech

195 posts

Cool, But I can't buy it, I live in Canada, it's only available in the US store.

Wooooo!

May 24, 2011 5:17 pm
Shaoolin

Shaoolin

Urchin

4 posts

Yeah, is there plans to make this available in Canada ?

May 24, 2011 5:18 pm
Cuttonoverall

Cuttonoverall

Automaton Tech

from Canada
121 posts

weird. I'm from Canada and was able to buy that game. Already opened the first lock. smile

"God is dead", Nietsche.
"Nietsche is dead", God.

May 24, 2011 5:20 pm
adrianshum

adrianshum

Tinkerer

27 posts

Will it be available in store of other region? (btw, just found it is not even available in US store)

I can't wait playing it

Dropbox Referral: Get 2GB + 250MB, or
SugarSync Referral: 5GB + 500MB

May 24, 2011 5:21 pm
nghtstr

nghtstr

Tinkerer

from Phoenix, AZ
22 posts

I am trying to get it, but it says it is not available in the US Store?

Team Purple all the Way!! Twitter

May 24, 2011 5:23 pm
kalleboo

kalleboo

Staff

from Kagoshima, Japan
265 posts

It's flaking in and out of the various iTunes stores (still trickling out inside Apple's network no doubt), keep trying and it'll eventually work. It is set to be available worldwide.

Everything is my fault

MrBobDobolina

MrBobDobolina

Big Game Hunter

from La-La-Land
706 posts

No native iPad support? With all the talk about giving away iPads and the iPad in the video I thought the app would be universal.

Apathetic Thursday | Twitter | Flickr | Previously Awesome

knelson

knelson

Gearhead

78 posts

FAREWELL MACHEIST!  YOU HAVE BLOWN US NON IPAD USERS NON IPHONE USERS OUT OF THE WATER, THEN YOU EXPECT US TO BUY AN APP JUST SO WE CAN PLAY YOUR GAME?

FORGET IT!  FAREWELL!

May 24, 2011 5:26 pm

kmbear

Tinkerer

from Illinois
17 posts

Please make this available on regular Mac App Store, too.  I don't have an iOS device currently (I'd have to steal my wife's iPod).  And this has always been MacHeist, not iHeist.

May 24, 2011 5:29 pm
Seshan

Seshan

Automaton Tech

195 posts

knelson wrote:

FAREWELL MACHEIST!  YOU HAVE BLOWN US NON IPAD USERS NON IPHONE USERS OUT OF THE WATER, THEN YOU EXPECT US TO BUY AN APP JUST SO WE CAN PLAY YOUR GAME?

FORGET IT!  FAREWELL!

Macheist also blows the non Mac users out of the water, So what is your point? They can now get the people that have iOS devices but not Macs. Also if you read the first freaking post you could see that he said there will still be a regular Macheist.

Wooooo!

May 24, 2011 5:32 pm
adrianshum

adrianshum

Tinkerer

27 posts

Have just seen that in Hong Kong! Syncing my iPhone and going to play soon, wow!

Wish that we don't need to wait too long for the main event after this piece of dessert  smile

May 24, 2011 5:35 pm
psithyrismos

psithyrismos

Gearhead

65 posts

I can't buy it from the German App Store, and my Apple ID does not seem to work for the US App Store. Is there a way I can buy this app, or is this for US members only?

If so I won't be able to participate.

May 24, 2011 5:36 pm
adrianshum

adrianshum

Tinkerer

27 posts

psithyrismos wrote:

I can't buy it from the German App Store, and my Apple ID does not seem to work for the US App Store. Is there a way I can buy this app, or is this for US members only?

If so I won't be able to participate.

I bet they aim to provide The Heist app worldwide.  Don't worry, I cannot find the app in Hong Kong store until 5 minutes ago.  German store may probably available soon too

May 24, 2011 5:40 pm
markmagoo

markmagoo

Tinkerer

from Pennsylvania
11 posts

knelson wrote:

FORGET IT!  FAREWELL!

I feel your pain. I'm saving up for my first iDevice (beyond my trusty 3rd gen iPod nano) but if there's still hope for MH4 I'll just have to sit and watch everyone else have fun. Or maybe I'll steal my gf's iPod?

The best things in life are free
but apparently we have to rip out our hair for them

May 24, 2011 5:42 pm
multiuser

multiuser

Gearhead

from Germany, NRW, Duesseldorf
71 posts

Wow, awesome adventure. All you guys who don't have an iDevice - go to your neighbor and borrow one. You won't be disappointed.

May 24, 2011 5:46 pm
theonelikeme

theonelikeme

Gearhead

from India
96 posts

will try when I have an iphone/iPod touch

May 24, 2011 5:48 pm
TeddyBare

TeddyBare

Urchin

4 posts

Love It. Better than most 59p games no matter whats at the end of it. Well done.

May 24, 2011 5:53 pm
mauko

mauko

Automaton Tech

214 posts

Can't get it in the swiss store, and I get an error switching to the us store...
sad

There is NO signature, do you see a signature?

May 24, 2011 5:57 pm
oseto317

oseto317

Tinkerer

from NE Indiana
38 posts

Still unable to get the app. It shows in iTunes and on the App Store on the phone, but neither will allow the purchase.

- He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither. -

May 24, 2011 5:59 pm
SonicS

SonicS

Urchin

8 posts

markmagoo wrote:
knelson wrote:

FORGET IT!  FAREWELL!

I feel your pain. I'm saving up for my first iDevice (beyond my trusty 3rd gen iPod nano) but if there's still hope for MH4 I'll just have to sit and watch everyone else have fun. Or maybe I'll steal my gf's iPod?

Calm down ppl, don't get caught up on the first few words on the front page. Read all of it:  "Is this MH4?  No..."

When in doubt, think of cheesecake.
When in need, eat cheesecake.

May 24, 2011 6:00 pm
agg23

agg23

Big Game Hunter

511 posts

I refuse to buy an app for this...

An Apple a day keeps Windows away.
Get free Dropbox space!

May 24, 2011 6:02 pm
markmagoo

markmagoo

Tinkerer

from Pennsylvania
11 posts

exactly my point. And even more so, this is the closest confirmation of MH4 I've seen in a while. There is hope!

The best things in life are free
but apparently we have to rip out our hair for them

May 24, 2011 6:21 pm
murphy

murphy

Tinkerer

from Germany
25 posts

Thanks, i will try to crack it smile

http://drunkenpenguin.net

May 24, 2011 6:21 pm
rishim

rishim

Automaton Tech

from Gloucester
448 posts

This is great. Also, great to hear that MH4 is very much a real thing, although I've been confident for a while now

May 24, 2011 6:35 pm
Seshan

Seshan

Automaton Tech

195 posts

agg23 wrote:

Why? Because it's from Macheist so you expect it to be free? It has 60 puzzles for 99 cents. That seems worth it to me.

Wooooo!

May 24, 2011 6:36 pm
Korell

Korell

Urchin

3 posts

Seshan wrote:
agg23 wrote:

Why? Because it's from Macheist so you expect it to be free? It has 60 puzzles for 99 cents. That seems worth it to me.

Personally, I might have, but I can't. I don't have an iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch and I highly doubt that this product is worth the cost it would be to get one of them.

May 24, 2011 6:39 pm

extrafuzzyllama

Urchin

2 posts

a guy on the backroom forum said the app in vault is a game and he wasnt too excited about it
not sure if its true but i will wait to see what is inside vault

May 24, 2011 6:42 pm
capt_carl

capt_carl

Tinkerer

from Huntington, NY
48 posts

Halfway there. Some of these puzzles are tough.

May 24, 2011 6:43 pm
o2lame4ne1@hotmail.com

o2lame4ne1@hotmail.com

Urchin

9 posts

We all love a good puzzle. Long live MacHeist 4! (I didn't realize the numbers indicated years elapsed since the last heist....)

j/k

I look forward to another time sucking adventure

May 24, 2011 7:27 pm
Pinbacker

Pinbacker

Urchin

7 posts

Lame. Bring on the main event already.

May 24, 2011 7:29 pm
murphy

murphy

Tinkerer

from Germany
25 posts

OK. smile Got the tresor open big_smile Nice Thanks!

http://drunkenpenguin.net

May 24, 2011 7:30 pm
Cuttonoverall

Cuttonoverall

Automaton Tech

from Canada
121 posts

Shame on you MacHeist for making those damn addicting riddles. I haven't even eaten anything today and the game forced me to stay away from food.

At least I got some loot. big_smile Thanks.

"God is dead", Nietsche.
"Nietsche is dead", God.

May 24, 2011 7:51 pm
phillryu

phillryu

Administrator

1,569 posts

Cuttonoverall wrote:

Shame on you MacHeist for making those damn addicting riddles. I haven't even eaten anything today and the game forced me to stay away from food.

At least I got some loot. big_smile Thanks.

big_smile

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

May 24, 2011 7:55 pm
abfa00

abfa00

Gearhead

from Boston, MA
60 posts

I was sad at first that it's ipod touch/iphone only, because I just got an iPad 2- but actually compared to most other apps I've tried it doesn't look that bad at 2x!

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwNDUyMDk

May 24, 2011 8:10 pm
MintCreation

MintCreation

Sky Pirate

from Daddy Heaven :D
1,478 posts

Bought in the Danish store and once it was on my iPhone it said it was only available in the US store??
Oh well nice little game although I HATE the wire game (always have).. The rest is great though big_smile

I am not an agent in real life, only on weekends!

May 24, 2011 8:31 pm
roberrm

roberrm

Tinkerer

17 posts

MintCreation wrote:

Bought in the Danish store and once it was on my iPhone it said it was only available in the US store??...

Wait, what? Does the App work outside the US? And, more importantly, is the reward also valid for non-US citizens? big_smile :?

I'm trying to be a good Orange Team Player... Go orange! big_smile

May 24, 2011 8:43 pm
JMarkevich

JMarkevich

Sky Pirate

from Halifax, Canada
1,177 posts

I got it in Canada early this afternoon.  I got the vault open, it was quite fun.  There are still some puzzles to go, so it's not just like it's only good for getting the loot.  The presentation is pretty sweet.

"You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?"
Get Dropbox. You need it!

May 24, 2011 8:52 pm
johnmc.org

johnmc.org

Tinkerer

from Roseville, CA
10 posts

knelson wrote:

FORGET IT!  FAREWELL!

I can't tell if this is a brilliant piece of pointed satire. It exemplifies perfectly the kind of empty headed nonsense I'd expect from someone who posts in all caps.

May 24, 2011 8:53 pm
MarkSinkinson

MarkSinkinson

Tinkerer

16 posts

It's an addictive game but a bit of a letdown on the reward! Well worth the 59p I paid though. Very well executed n'all

May 24, 2011 8:57 pm

yannikbloscheck

Urchin

from Germany
2 posts

Ok, got in the safe-room. Thanks :-D

Great design of the iOS-App and good that the game inside the vault can be played under Mac OS X (sure my personal favourite), but under Windows, too.

May 24, 2011 8:58 pm
lecycliste

lecycliste

Automaton Tech

from Switzerland
122 posts

thumbs up for the app, two thumbs up for the hint that MacHeist 4 will arrive

Cycling leads to Wisdom

May 24, 2011 9:05 pm

JeanJacque

Tinkerer

11 posts

I really enjoyed the "calls" from Sophia, makes it look pretty real smile

May 24, 2011 9:08 pm
Grey Christian

Grey Christian

Gearhead

94 posts

Loot is meh. App is awesome. Well worth the 99¢.

So it goes.

May 24, 2011 9:57 pm
ai2macagent

ai2macagent

Tinkerer

10 posts

Very awesome! Wish it lasted longer!

Ai2 Mac Agent

May 24, 2011 10:14 pm
juliahoneyman

juliahoneyman

Tinkerer

18 posts

MintCreation wrote:

Oh well nice little game although I HATE the wire game (always have).. The rest is great though big_smile

I was very glad I didn't have to beat all of them to crack the vault. Otherwise I would have been in trouble. But the damn Sudoku-type game was ridiculously addictive. I hardly got any work done today.

May 24, 2011 10:20 pm

bor003

Automaton Tech

from A
232 posts

I'm really enjoying this game! Lots of mini puzzles that are helping distract me from my exam revision. What more could one want? smile Dunno why people are so against paying 59p for it! If its not your style just don't by it.

May 24, 2011 10:21 pm
robsky

robsky

Tinkerer

17 posts

Ok, so. I've cracked the game. Easy puzzles. I have the silly game. Now what? New mission?

Dark Pink!

May 24, 2011 10:39 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Heist » Introducing The Heist

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?