Forums

1 Password avilable in Mac App Store.

MacHeist Forums » Deals Around the Web » 1 Password avilable in Mac App Store.
rzog

rzog

Gearhead

from Warsaw/Poland
60 posts

Hello Everyone,

Today i have found  1Password in Mac App Store. Strangely this is newer version (3.9) than on Agile web site (3.8.4).
Any one know, is the Mac App Store version function complete?

Regards
RZoG

September 8, 2011 7:18 am
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

Release date today; maybe we'll see it in Sparkle soon enough.

PM me | Twitter

September 8, 2011 1:02 pm
pschorr

pschorr

Big Game Hunter

from Pittsburgh, PA
675 posts

So, I'm a 1Password hold out.

Is it worthwhile for me working across 4 machines running Windows and Mac?

I have a twitter

September 8, 2011 2:41 pm
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

pschorr wrote:

So, I'm a 1Password hold out.

Is it worthwhile for me working across 4 machines running Windows and Mac?

YES!!!

With the Dropbox sync, you'll very quickly wonder how you every did without it. wink

NovaStorm Software || @NovaStormSW || @jfm429 || Dropbox + Extra Storage

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
- Alan Kay, inventor of Object-Oriented programming

September 8, 2011 4:00 pm
theonelikeme

theonelikeme

Gearhead

from India
96 posts

with free upgrade to v4. how much do they charge for upgrades outside MAS?

sounds like pixelmator..

September 8, 2011 4:11 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

theonelikeme wrote:

with free upgrade to v4. how much do they charge for upgrades outside MAS?

sounds like pixelmator..

If so, GOOD. It's a good deal (assuming the upgrade is a significant one, and given the company in question, I have some confidence that it will be).

PM me | Twitter

September 8, 2011 5:14 pm
3styler

3styler

Automaton Tech

327 posts

WIll reserve judgment until they have made an official announcement but will be a sad panda if I have to buy again to receive updates after acquiring 3 licenses this year.

Active Bundles: None - Sad Panda Face

September 8, 2011 6:32 pm
blue_fireball_eater

blue_fireball_eater

from Nashville
2,752 posts

I am never sad to buy a 1password license.

avatar is from Penfield & Jasper, 1954

September 8, 2011 8:27 pm
raizamn

raizamn

Tinkerer

from The end of the road
36 posts

It is like Pixelmator:

For a limited time, save over 50% off the regular price and also receive a free upgrade to 1Password 4 when it becomes available. 1Password 4 will only be available in Mac App Store.

Requirements: Mac OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor

Up to now, no announcement just yet on their website/twitter account.

to be or not to be, somebody said that, somewhere
▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

September 8, 2011 9:00 pm
Lioness

Lioness

Sky Pirate

from Universe (Sweden)
1,474 posts

No wonder then they gave away so many free licenses last year, that we could give away to buddies etc, they knew the licenses wouldn't be upgradable to 4. Now I really DO love 1Password so I'll upgrade via MAS, but I'm not happy by this kind of procedure and lack of communication. They could've been clear about this as soon as they knew they would go this way. This is the first thing that really sucks from agile.

twitter | website
dropbox referral +250MB | minus invite +1GB

September 8, 2011 10:39 pm
raizamn

raizamn

Tinkerer

from The end of the road
36 posts

A FAQ apparently has just been posted on their forum:

http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/t … app-store/

to be or not to be, somebody said that, somewhere
▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

September 8, 2011 11:09 pm
blue_fireball_eater

blue_fireball_eater

from Nashville
2,752 posts

Lioness wrote:

No wonder then they gave away so many free licenses last year, that we could give away to buddies etc, they knew the licenses wouldn't be upgradable to 4. Now I really DO love 1Password so I'll upgrade via MAS, but I'm not happy by this kind of procedure and lack of communication. They could've been clear about this as soon as they knew they would go this way. This is the first thing that really sucks from agile.

That was not the first time they had that Thanksgiving promotion. Plus, the Mac App Store was not even out at that time, IIRC. They may or may not have been planning to go app-store only, but it is clear that is the route Apple wants developers to go.

September 8, 2011 11:11 pm
Lioness

Lioness

Sky Pirate

from Universe (Sweden)
1,474 posts

blue_fireball_eater wrote:
Lioness wrote:

That was not the first time they had that Thanksgiving promotion. Plus, the Mac App Store was not even out at that time, IIRC. They may or may not have been planning to go app-store only, but it is clear that is the route Apple wants developers to go.

Maybe not the first time...but they prolonged it and pushed it up quite hard, which feels ehhh now when we see that those licenses wasn't worth that much, at least not for that long. No, we don't know the intentions or how long those plans have been there. It smells a little bad afterwards though. neutral
Absolutely the upgrade to 4 will be worth $19.95 to me as well, so what I'm rambling about? tongue
I just don't like the procedure, and want more clear communication, I always thinks that wins, but I guess this is how many more devs will go, and as there is no way to transfer licenses it will not be the last time this happens.

twitter | website

September 8, 2011 11:26 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

I'm not happy that they seem to have completely killed the non-App Store version but...

*sigh*

I don't know if I'm going to shell out the 20 bucks. I'd rather use LastPass instead of giving them more money.

Website | Twitter

September 8, 2011 11:27 pm
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

Warbrain wrote:

I'm not happy that they seem to have completely killed the non-App Store version but...

*sigh*

I don't know if I'm going to shell out the 20 bucks. I'd rather use LastPass instead of giving them more money.

Wow, Warbrain. Upset much? This isn't like you…

oh wait. big_smile

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."

September 9, 2011 2:03 am
kudioske

kudioske

Big Game Hunter

from Buffalo, MN
960 posts

Lioness wrote:

Absolutely the upgrade to 4 will be worth $19.95 to me as well, so what I'm rambling about?

I'm curious. In another thread, it sounded like you might hold off on upgrading to Lion. Is the 1Password offering enough to make you now want to do the Lion upgrade (1Password 3.9 won't work with Snow Leopard)?

[For me, the answer is no, FWIW]

Haste makes heist

September 9, 2011 2:25 am
Lioness

Lioness

Sky Pirate

from Universe (Sweden)
1,474 posts

kudioske wrote:
Lioness wrote:

Absolutely the upgrade to 4 will be worth $19.95 to me as well, so what I'm rambling about?

I'm curious. In another thread, it sounded like you might hold off on upgrading to Lion. Is the 1Password offering enough to make you now want to do the Lion upgrade (1Password 3.9 won't work with Snow Leopard)?

I have Lion on my MBA, Snowcat on my iMac. Eventually I will upgrade to Lion on the desktop too, just waiting for maybe 10.7.2 - 4  somewhere. So grabbing 1Password for the MBA at that price I will, then I have it for later on iMac too.

twitter | website

September 9, 2011 2:34 am
kudioske

kudioske

Big Game Hunter

from Buffalo, MN
960 posts

Lioness wrote:
kudioske wrote:
Lioness wrote:

I have Lion on my MBA, Snowcat on my iMac. Eventually I will upgrade to Lion on the desktop too, just waiting for maybe 10.7.2 - 4  somewhere. So grabbing 1Password for the MBA at that price I will, then I have it for later on iMac too.

I see. That makes sense.

Haste makes heist

September 9, 2011 2:45 am
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

I can't for the life of me see how anybody gets cheated by this. We have no evidence that 3.X customers won't get everything they paid for, and it's a 1/2 price upgrade to a full future version, and alignment with the MAS (which, arguable in its own right, could be counted as "neutral" for all I care and you still come out ahead).

Really -- what's the downside?

PM me | Twitter

September 9, 2011 2:11 pm
3styler

3styler

Automaton Tech

327 posts

The biggest problem for me is that the MAS version requires dropbox to be in the home folder. I have 15GB in my dropbox and so keep it on separate HD so it isn't stored on my SSD. Means I can't sync my other computers unless I move it to the SSD sad

September 9, 2011 3:41 pm
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

3styler wrote:

The biggest problem for me is that the MAS version requires dropbox to be in the home folder. I have 15GB in my dropbox and so keep it on separate HD so it isn't stored on my SSD. Means I can't sync my other computers unless I move it to the SSD sad

Symlink it.

September 9, 2011 4:53 pm
mikeyfindlay

mikeyfindlay

Sky Pirate

from Northern California
1,091 posts

jfm429 wrote:
3styler wrote:

Symlink it.

Elaborate.

MFVISUALS.COM | LAST HONEST TECH BLOG
Gear: 15" MacBook Pro 2012, iPad Air, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Nano 6G

September 9, 2011 5:00 pm
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

mikeyfindlay wrote:
jfm429 wrote:
3styler wrote:

Symlink it.

Elaborate.

On the SSD, create aliases or symbolic links to refer to the Dropbox folder structure 1Password normally creates. 1Password then thinks the Dropbox folder is on the boot drive.
The specific file you need to link is ".ws.agile.1Password.settings" which is normally hidden.

September 9, 2011 5:15 pm
mikeyfindlay

mikeyfindlay

Sky Pirate

from Northern California
1,091 posts

jfm429 wrote:
mikeyfindlay wrote:
jfm429 wrote:

Symlink it.

Elaborate.

On the SSD, create aliases or symbolic links to refer to the Dropbox folder structure 1Password normally creates. 1Password then thinks the Dropbox folder is on the boot drive.
The specific file you need to link is ".ws.agile.1Password.settings" which is normally hidden.

Interesting... I'll have to look into that.
Thanks.

September 9, 2011 5:22 pm
3styler

3styler

Automaton Tech

327 posts

jfm429 wrote:

Symlink it.

Doesn't work that way. From forums:

1Password wrote:

It will be grayed out if you do not have Dropbox installed or if your Dropbox folder is not in a standard location (i.e. not in ~/Dropbox)

customer wrote:

I tried to symlink my dropbox to ~/Dropbox but with no success. Is it expected?

1Password wrote:

Yes it has to be in your home folder. This is how the sandbox is currently set up for 1Password application.

September 9, 2011 8:32 pm
mtaylor

mtaylor

Big Game Hunter

755 posts

oh snap.  Too bad about the sandboxing; I like symlinking.  It's how I plug lots of stuff from the ~/Libraries folder like delicious library's database, for instance.

In communist russia, the normal force pushes on you!

September 9, 2011 8:52 pm
kauthor

kauthor

Gearhead

90 posts

I am still on Snow Leopard. So we will see. I'll be satisfied with my 1Password.

September 9, 2011 10:37 pm
mil

mil

Sky Pirate

1,273 posts

I thought this thread ought to be in The Lounge since it's more of a debatable topic than a mere deal.

The fact that Agile Bits is going MAS exclusive really sucks. But like Pixelmator and others before them, they're sure to make truckloads of money.

Considering that there's a lot of uproar on the Agile Bits forums on going MAS exclusive and that Agile Bits' usual tendency is to be very supportive of customers, I hope they reconsider this decision and continue providing the non-MAS alternative to all the customers who have been spreading word-of-mouth recommendations all these years.

SpiderOak - get an additional 1GB space for free when you sign up from this link. I'm late to the SpiderOak referral party. big_smile

September 10, 2011 6:28 am
green_eggs

green_eggs

Gearhead

from Australia
88 posts

Thanks 3styler. Good to know.  At the moment I have my Dropbox folder in my home folder, but was contemplating moving it elsewhere.

Dropbox Referral
Spideroak Referral

September 10, 2011 6:54 am
mil

mil

Sky Pirate

1,273 posts

The sandboxing requirement also makes things complex or unworkable for people who share a single Dropbox account (across multiple computers) and put their individual 1Password data in Dropbox.

Having the Dropbox folder in common locations like /Users/Shared/ would very likely not work either.

I saw a post about such issues on the Agile Bits forums with some (slightly) confusing instructions on what would happen for new users vs. existing users for those who have (or want to have) their 1Password data outside the home folder.

If you plan on upgrading to 1Password 3.9, look at the post linked above before making the switch.

SpiderOak - get an additional 1GB space for free when you sign up from this link. I'm late to the SpiderOak referral party. big_smile

September 10, 2011 7:05 am
danco

danco

Automaton Tech

from London, England
280 posts

The Dropbox folder has to be directly in your home folder, and to contain the Agile keychain. But I see no reason why it should not have a symlink to whatever else you need to put into the dropbox. But I have not tried it.

Daniel

September 10, 2011 7:37 am
JackV

JackV

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,072 posts

This made me upgrade to Lion...

I don´t think that agile will be providing a regular version of 1password. The MAS is just to convenient and as they are directly featured, they will have a great exposure there and nice cash-flow.

I write about Juice on Entsafter.co

September 10, 2011 10:02 am
bostonguy3737

bostonguy3737

Automaton Tech

from Boston,MA
120 posts

Well just my two cents for what it's worth. First to compare 1P and Pixelmator as far as customer service and sales tactics is laughable to me.  That being said, they are the two most used apps I have on my Mac/iPhone (1P only). I mean really they are invaluable to my daily routine and couldn't imagine having to go without either one. For sure I will be upgrading both regardless of how each goes about it.  As far as customer service goes well thats a whole other situation. 1P/Agile Bits is hands down the best software company I have ever dealt with when it comes to customer service and pixelmator is near the bottom. I just can't speak enough to how great 1P has been not just to me but to others I know over the 3 years I have used there products. They have always put the customer first and gone above and beyond from my experience.
It's amazing to me that some seem to think they are entitled to free upgrades, promotions and a daily update to the companies plans thoughts and ideas. I mean are people seriously questioning 1P motives about giving away "buddy" licenses last thanksgiving, that basically have been good for a year? Hello, they are not obligated in any way to give away a dam thing, yet some with this overwhelming sense of entitlement feel cheated? Then they have the nerve to make a business decision on how to best sell there product without asking us first? How dare they!? LOL LOL sorry I really am laughing at this. That must be a very disappointing world to live in I would guess. Anyway I could go on and on about this for days but pretty sure my opinion is clear.

We are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves....Gone Baby Gone

I like Turtles. And Dropbox! http://db.tt/0gQmhsO

September 10, 2011 12:35 pm
ericsan

ericsan

Automaton Tech

from Vancouver, BC
103 posts

bostonguy3737 wrote:

Well just my two cents for what it's worth. First to compare 1P and Pixelmator as far as customer service and sales tactics is laughable to me.  That being said, they are the two most used apps I have on my Mac/iPhone (1P only). I mean really they are invaluable to my daily routine and couldn't imagine having to go without either one. For sure I will be upgrading both regardless of how each goes about it.  As far as customer service goes well thats a whole other situation. 1P/Agile Bits is hands down the best software company I have ever dealt with when it comes to customer service and pixelmator is near the bottom. I just can't speak enough to how great 1P has been not just to me but to others I know over the 3 years I have used there products. They have always put the customer first and gone above and beyond from my experience.
It's amazing to me that some seem to think they are entitled to free upgrades, promotions and a daily update to the companies plans thoughts and ideas. I mean are people seriously questioning 1P motives about giving away "buddy" licenses last thanksgiving, that basically have been good for a year? Hello, they are not obligated in any way to give away a dam thing, yet some with this overwhelming sense of entitlement feel cheated? Then they have the nerve to make a business decision on how to best sell there product without asking us first? How dare they!? LOL LOL sorry I really am laughing at this. That must be a very disappointing world to live in I would guess. Anyway I could go on and on about this for days but pretty sure my opinion is clear.

Well Said !!! +1

I love durian but my high blood pressure would not agree with it

September 10, 2011 3:28 pm
JMarkevich

JMarkevich

Sky Pirate

from Halifax, Canada
1,184 posts

bostonguy3737 wrote:

... Then they have the nerve to make a business decision on how to best sell there product without asking us first? How dare they!? LOL LOL sorry I really am laughing at this. That must be a very disappointing world to live in I would guess. Anyway I could go on and on about this for days but pretty sure my opinion is clear.

It's just that companies are starting to make some big compromises in delivering their software without seemingly asking their customers if they're ok with said compromises. And I still don't see why a big company like AgileBits with an existing, working distribution needs to trash it in favor of an uncertain one. Many other companies are fine with supporting both.

In fact, they still do need to maintain another distribution channel for at least the Windows version of 1PW if not also more of their Mac apps.

"You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?"
Get Dropbox. You need it!

September 10, 2011 6:38 pm
mikeyfindlay

mikeyfindlay

Sky Pirate

from Northern California
1,091 posts

bostonguy3737 wrote:

(Ginormous post)

+1
Well said.

September 10, 2011 9:05 pm
markrof

markrof

Automaton Tech

from UK
433 posts

Much as I don't like the MAS domination I still got 1Password from MAS as Agile makes it work and its an essential part of my productivity setup.

Have a nice day

September 10, 2011 10:16 pm
bostonguy3737

bostonguy3737

Automaton Tech

from Boston,MA
120 posts

JMarkevich wrote:
bostonguy3737 wrote:

... Then they have the nerve to make a business decision on how to best sell there product without asking us first? How dare they!? LOL LOL sorry I really am laughing at this. That must be a very disappointing world to live in I would guess. Anyway I could go on and on about this for days but pretty sure my opinion is clear.

It's just that companies are starting to make some big compromises in delivering their software without seemingly asking their customers if they're ok with said compromises. And I still don't see why a big company like AgileBits with an existing, working distribution needs to trash it in favor of an uncertain one. Many other companies are fine with supporting both.

In fact, they still do need to maintain another distribution channel for at least the Windows version of 1PW if not also more of their Mac apps.

Oh I agree that some are going about things the wrong way, I would go so far as to say some of these software companies/developers are developing nothing more than a god complex not software. When I read the blogs of the Agile Bits and Pixelmator it's just night and day to me plus my own personal experiences with both.  I don't begrudge anyone from making a living and hopefully a lucrative one. The difference for me is ethics!  Maybe I am old school and naive in thinking that matters these days but one can hope smile One of the biggest  nightmares most Apple/Mac/iOS users don't have to deal with is fragmentation (not on a PC/Android level) So I can understand companies wanting to streamline or go all in with the MAS. If you don't change and evolve with your industry your bound to get left behind. Same with us as consumers and how we make our buying decisions. As you said they have a proven system why screw with what works? The flip side to that is how much greater could there potential audience/customer base be with the platform the MAS will provide.?  I guess only time will tell.....

We are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves....Gone Baby Gone

I like Turtles. And Dropbox! http://db.tt/0gQmhsO

September 11, 2011 1:46 am
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

Part of me thinks that the MAS is going to succeed on the backs of companies like Agile Bits and Pixelmator making the decision to jump in with both feet. And I think, for the vast majority of users, it will be the main way most/all software is purchased in a pretty short amount of time. This forum is overflowing with folks who have done it "the old fashioned way" for so long that we have a hard time accepting such ideas as "Apple doesn't care about us, because we aren't the real money."

I don't think we will lose in the long run. This is the right way to make the transition, because it offers a very reasonable license migration/version upgrade path for the existing user, and entices new users with a collateral benefit of reduced cost of entry. There are some technical limitations at present, but having 1Password in the MAS (and as a proper Safari extension, for that matter) is good for this. Developers like this will push Apple to make these vehicles better for developers, so the products become better for the customer.

I honestly think the overwhelming negative opinions are just a little short sighted. There's some pain in change, but it will bring improvements.

PM me | Twitter

September 11, 2011 2:06 am
blue_fireball_eater

blue_fireball_eater

from Nashville
2,752 posts

As of Lion, MAS = sandboxing and therefore significantly better security. That, paired with the licensing terms, is all it takes to convince me.

September 11, 2011 4:09 am
Lioness

Lioness

Sky Pirate

from Universe (Sweden)
1,474 posts

bostonguy3737 wrote:

I mean are people seriously questioning 1P motives about giving away "buddy" licenses last thanksgiving, that basically have been good for a year?

I don't like to give away promotions, when I think I give away a gift - that's my ethic!

bostonguy3737 wrote:

Then they have the nerve to make a business decision on how to best sell there product without asking us first? How dare they!? LOL LOL sorry I really am laughing at this. That must be a very disappointing world to live in I would guess. Anyway I could go on and on about this for days but pretty sure my opinion is clear.

I'm sure you've had at least read some of the massive thread: http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/t … app-store/
I have only surfaced it, but in this thread as in all other business decisions customers value clear communication, and customers are entitled to have that from companies. People gets angry and pissed when they are not communicated to clearly. It is a very unethical world out there, disappointing to many, that's why clear communication and high ethic is the only way. I think Agile have done a few mistakes here of unclear communication, that creates upsets among customers.
When they not have been clear by this before they just drop the fact of gong only MAS etc. Now they have a hell of a work to sort this out in above thread. They also promise in their license agrements that all dot upgrades will be free, now they make a mistake to not making the 3.9 free in MAS. It's a business, and should by so follow business ethics.
But hey, as you said they are good guys, I definitely agree on that, I'm sure they will sort this out and learn a few things in the process too. I have already bought the 1P on MAS, I most certainly understand the business view on going MAS, but there are many ways to make transitions. Agile's way maybe isn't the most smooth. smile

twitter | website

September 11, 2011 11:04 am
Beyo

Beyo

Tinkerer

38 posts

It looks all of us that bought software on different channel than MAS need to store DMG files or we can never use our programs again after reinstallation.

September 11, 2011 11:30 am
DreadedKilla

DreadedKilla

Sky Pirate

from Kelowna
1,164 posts

Lioness wrote:

They also promise in their license agrements that all dot upgrades will be free, now they make a mistake to not making the 3.9 free in MAS. It's a business, and should by so follow business ethics.

CoverSutra also broke many people's promises by having people to pay for a dot upgrade that was pushed to the MAS. I'm pretty sure Sophie and the Agile devs would make it free for existing users, but that's a limitation of the Mac App Store. If you make it free so that existing users can switch to the MAS version, you make it free for everyone else. Companies choose not to do that because it's business. The ultimate goal of every company is to make money. How many people do you think would jump on the bandwagon if version 3.9 was made free? It even includes a free upgrade to version 4. The devs priced it at 50% off for a limited time so that existing users don't have to pay the original fee for the app. Think of it as a normal major upgrade from 3.8 to 3.9 since the upgrade from 3.9 to 4.0 will be free.

Imagine all the people who see that 1Password was free in the MAS for a limited period of time, be it one day or one week. It's a popular enough app to bring it to the number one spot in the store if it were free. Even now at $19.99 it's 3rd on the Top Grossing list (at least it is in the HK store). The sheer volume of new users would flood Agile. The increase in the user base will cause great strain on the team at Agile, they will be spending more hours helping more people. The team needs to be fed, and their method of feeding themselves is making this product. They won't be able to sustain themselves with the costs of hosting and supporting such a large user base where many of them haven't even paid for the product. Think about it from a developer's point of view.

And finally, I'd like to quote the upgrade policy from Agile's site.

Agile wrote:

Historically, AgileBits has been very generous with upgrades. Your purchase entitles you to free updates until the next major version upgrade. That means if you buy a license for version 2 of a product, you will get all 2.x releases for free, but upgrading to version 3 might require another purchase.

I will agree with your point that it is made clear that all dot upgrades will be free, but again, with 50% off a dot upgrade that also entitles you to a free major upgrade doesn't sound too bad does it? Also, I would think that the changes in the 3.9 version would warrant it a borderline major upgrade.

September 11, 2011 11:49 am
pokari

pokari

Automaton Tech

from Here
142 posts

It is also like upgrading from an individual license to a family license when you purchase through the MAS.

September 11, 2011 12:19 pm
markrof

markrof

Automaton Tech

from UK
433 posts

Think due to MAS it will only be a matter of time before all apps for OSX will HAVE to go via MAS, similar to iOS

Have a nice day

September 11, 2011 12:41 pm
3styler

3styler

Automaton Tech

327 posts

I couldn't read all the replies above due to huge walls of text. There were probably some good points made but please use the return key to break up your paragraphs.

In the end I decided to buy it whilst it is 50% off but cancelled the download and will hold out on actually installing it until there is an alternative method of syncing such as iCloud.

I don't know what my MAS pword is either so If I format I wouldn't be able to login to the MAS to reinstall 1P to find out my MAS pword anyway.

September 11, 2011 5:10 pm
JackV

JackV

Sky Pirate

from Germany
1,072 posts

3styler wrote:

I don't know what my MAS pword is either so If I format I wouldn't be able to login to the MAS to reinstall 1P to find out my MAS pword anyway.

Dropbox?

I write about Juice on Entsafter.co

September 11, 2011 5:27 pm
DreadedKilla

DreadedKilla

Sky Pirate

from Kelowna
1,164 posts

3styler wrote:

You mean a big company such as Apple won't let you set a new password?
https://img.skitch.com/20110912-nk5b5mrk3e1q273x88hsxqw6qc.png

September 12, 2011 2:42 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

DreadedKilla wrote:
3styler wrote:

https://img.skitch.com/20110912-nk5b5mr … xqw6qc.png

Considering how fucked up Apple ID is and how it's locked me out of my iCloud account, yes.

Website | Twitter

September 12, 2011 2:57 am
3styler

3styler

Automaton Tech

327 posts

DreadedKilla wrote:

You make the assumption one knows there email address password for accessing reset passwords. Which is actually stored again in 1P.

Even so having to go through the rigmarole of doing that is less than an ideal way of getting access. And It all ends up a bit self defeating for the purpose of 1P in the first place.

September 12, 2011 7:58 am
MacHeist Forums » Deals Around the Web » 1 Password avilable in Mac App Store.

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?