Forums

*** SPOLIER ALERT *** I obtained the loot without doing the heist...

MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » *** SPOLIER ALERT *** I obtained the loot without doing the heist...

flor

Tinkerer

10 posts

After seeing mac.mirroredperspectives.com, i tried windows.mirroredperspectives.com and landed back on the MacHeist page.

Checking my loot revealed that i obtained two new items.
Could this be a Big Bug guys?

Please let me know, this way there's no fun...

PS: backdoor.macheist.com also reveals my new items and the counter.

December 8, 2007 3:47 pm
kronos

kronos

Tinkerer

from Manila
42 posts

this just means you solved it..

Purple is the new Black.

Think Purple.

December 8, 2007 4:40 pm

flor

Tinkerer

10 posts

That's what i thought, but my brother had a whole other experience, and had to do more "heisting"...

December 8, 2007 6:03 pm
BenRose3d

BenRose3d

Automaton Tech

from Charleston, SC
291 posts

Wait, so I wasn't supposed to have things in my vault?

December 9, 2007 3:07 am

flor

Tinkerer

10 posts

Of course, but only after entering the code... Something i did not have to do.

December 9, 2007 9:00 am
mrfrost

mrfrost

Tinkerer

from Belgium
19 posts

Actually, I read somewhere on the forum that the loot is triggered by a series of events instead of by entering the code. I don't get the point of making a complete heist the but maybe we're missing something.

Supergreen!!

December 9, 2007 11:19 am

ikrukky

Urchin

from Denmark
1 posts

i just entered the code and got the loot that way.

December 9, 2007 4:55 pm
BenRose3d

BenRose3d

Automaton Tech

from Charleston, SC
291 posts

I thought I had the loot without doing the heist, but it turns out it's a different set of apps.

December 9, 2007 5:23 pm
susanabra

susanabra

Automaton Tech

from Denmark
147 posts

ikrukky wrote:

i just entered the code and got the loot that way.

Me too. Then I went back and tried to figure out as much of the heist as I could. That's not the way it worked on Heist I, as far as I remember, but I think I read on the wiki, that those things are there in the loot after you register. Don't know if it's true...

- a nerd of a different color

December 9, 2007 5:23 pm
fuwjax

fuwjax

Tinkerer

10 posts

I feel kinda cheated. I didn't find anything that really sparked my curiosity when I searched for "Upon the looking glass", so I brute forced my way in. A quick rewrite of script.js that put the ajax call in a loop found the code in no time. And since I had my rewrite in the same browser I had logged into macheist, I never even had to enter the code for real. When I went back to backdoor, it went straight to the countdown page.

Anyway, I just wanted to post that there was another way for posterity's sake. If anyone is interested in the html/js I'd be happy to send it to you. And now that I know the heists are more than just hacking websites, I'll try to find the more fun solutions in the future.

The only way to gain control is to lose everything else

December 10, 2007 1:57 am

msharp

Urchin

3 posts

fuwjax wrote:

I feel kinda cheated. I didn't find anything that really sparked my curiosity when I searched for "Upon the looking glass", so I brute forced my way in. A quick rewrite of script.js that put the ajax call in a loop found the code in no time. And since I had my rewrite in the same browser I had logged into macheist, I never even had to enter the code for real. When I went back to backdoor, it went straight to the countdown page.

Anyway, I just wanted to post that there was another way for posterity's sake. If anyone is interested in the html/js I'd be happy to send it to you. And now that I know the heists are more than just hacking websites, I'll try to find the more fun solutions in the future.

I did somewhat the same thing --- wrote a php script that guess from 0000 to 9999 --- but you know what, none of them worked??!!

I thought there must be something else that might trigger the loot, in addition to the code.

But anyway, I got into the loot in another way around.

:-)

December 11, 2007 10:21 pm
Clive At File

Clive At File

Tinkerer

from Minneapolis, MN
42 posts

I had a slightly different experience. On my very first visit to backdoor.macheist.com, I landed at the vault with the loot. Thinking these were just a couple "starter" giveaways, I collected them and started back at the top of the trail. Later, after going through the work of heisting, I found "backdoor" to be the key-code door... Odd. Oh well, it was fun to heist.

-Clive

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

December 11, 2007 11:17 pm
fuwjax

fuwjax

Tinkerer

10 posts

yeah, msharp, I think you had to be logged in at the time. So the php solution would have only worked if you had first done something to log in. Honestly, I rarely if ever try that kind of trickery on a site that I'm logged in to, since they know you're doing it. So it was a fluke that it worked for me too.

The only way to gain control is to lose everything else

December 13, 2007 3:39 pm
birger

birger

Urchin

from Denmark
6 posts

whre can I find the code

December 24, 2007 3:27 pm
birger

birger

Urchin

from Denmark
6 posts

I am new to this site

December 24, 2007 3:28 pm
bowlingb

bowlingb

Automaton Tech

from underneath your bed
206 posts

birger wrote:

whre can I find the code

http://mhspoilers.blogspot.com/

December 24, 2007 6:12 pm

GusDoeMatik

Tinkerer

from Illadel
33 posts

Clive At File wrote:

I had a slightly different experience. On my very first visit to backdoor.macheist.com, I landed at the vault with the loot. Thinking these were just a couple "starter" giveaways, I collected them and started back at the top of the trail. Later, after going through the work of heisting, I found "backdoor" to be the key-code door... Odd. Oh well, it was fun to heist.

-Clive

I went there and nothing but a recording... I'm still searching for the apps in the first mission...  GGGrrrrrr

December 24, 2007 7:20 pm

GusDoeMatik

Tinkerer

from Illadel
33 posts

flor wrote:

After seeing mac.mirroredperspectives.com, i tried windows.mirroredperspectives.com and landed back on the MacHeist page.

http://windows.mirroredperspectives.com/
This site isn't a macheist site.  I think it's a cheap way to steal someones password and username.   Beware people...

December 24, 2007 7:24 pm
tintin220

tintin220

Automaton Tech

135 posts

^ Really? Let me check.

December 24, 2007 7:42 pm
Adrammelech

Adrammelech

Big Game Hunter

from Gallifrey
626 posts

GusDoeMatik wrote:
flor wrote:

This site isn't a macheist site.  I think it's a cheap way to steal someones password and username.   Beware people...

I believe so too...

Referrals:
Free*My*Apps: Discover great iOS apps. Get rewarded!
FreeAppSlots: Play Slots & WIN!
Bing Rewards: Search Bing, earn credits towards rewards!

December 24, 2007 8:28 pm
skypixie

skypixie

Tinkerer

20 posts

if any of you are wondering: mission 3's combination is 6038

iPod touch! smile
Sky

December 28, 2007 2:10 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

Adrammelech wrote:
GusDoeMatik wrote:
flor wrote:

I believe so too...

Completely incorrect. MirroredPerspectives.com shares a host w/macheist. If you enter any nonexistent alias, like http://omgijuztmaidthisuplolha.mirroredperspectives.com it will refer to the main macheist page. win.mirroredperspectives.com has been PROVEN to be a part of a heist, so the things you're suggesting are completely unfounded.

PM me | Twitter

December 28, 2007 2:19 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

skypixie wrote:

please stop. you've done this in several threads across multiple forums. it's inappropriate.

PM me | Twitter

December 28, 2007 2:21 pm
macgeek007

macgeek007

Gearhead

from ???
98 posts

skypixie wrote:

Shhh...  It's a secret.

Check out my band - www.rbfproject.tk

December 28, 2007 10:43 pm

ruffnruggd

Urchin

from Orting, WA
1 posts

Very cool.  Thanks for the combo.  (Actually just trying to see if I can finally leave a frickin' message on here... am I WORTHY???   I'll soon see)

Thanks for getting those LAME tattoos! 
It saves us the trouble of branding
"DOUCHE"
on your forehead!

December 28, 2007 11:05 pm

Spiken

Urchin

7 posts

Cool!

January 2, 2008 1:23 am
xABD

xABD

Urchin

from Collierville, TN
1 posts

I fail to understand the point of playing some game when the 'goal' is provided without any work. Call me a "spoiler" but I can't get too interested in some method of spending my time rather that my money if the 'loot' is just lying around in a thread with such obvious names. roll

Oh well..have fun!

I'm no rocket surgeon!

January 5, 2008 9:46 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

xABD wrote:

I fail to understand the point of playing some game when the 'goal' is provided without any work. Call me a "spoiler" but I can't get too interested in some method of spending my time rather that my money if the 'loot' is just lying around in a thread with such obvious names. roll

Oh well..have fun!

You're not a spoiler, you're a leach. But it's obviously not against the rules, so more power to you. There are plenty of us who enjoy the heists for what they are - puzzles. We enjoy the challenge. I have more fun with the heists than I have any of the loot thus far.

PM me | Twitter

January 5, 2008 10:19 pm
mattgendron

mattgendron

Tinkerer

from US
19 posts

What apps does this "backdoor" give?

it seems like it's only wiretap and $2 off the bundle but I already got that when I signed up?

www.macscreencastnetwork.com
Feel free to send me licenses!

January 15, 2008 2:09 am
mattgendron

mattgendron

Tinkerer

from US
19 posts

BenRose3d wrote:

I thought I had the loot without doing the heist, but it turns out it's a different set of apps.

what were the apps?

www.macscreencastnetwork.com
Feel free to send me licenses!

January 15, 2008 2:18 am
MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » *** SPOLIER ALERT *** I obtained the loot without doing the heist...

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?