Forums

Moderators

MacHeist Forums » The Front » Moderators
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

First of all, I'm not 100% sure that this is the best place for this thread, but it's related to MH and it doesn't spoil anything, so I figured it's the best fit. On to the point...

Directorate, I think you guys could use the help of an additional moderator or two. There are a lot of us who could contribute a reasonable amount of time on a reasonably consistent basis who wouldn't mind doing it at all. There are even a couple users who are pretty much already moderators without the power (ahem, Warbrain).

All I'm saying is, Directorate, you guys do so much for us. Allow us, if we may, to be of service to you. I'd be glad to do it, but I'm just a newb smile

PM me | Twitter

December 16, 2007 1:00 pm
Gordon1470

Gordon1470

Automaton Tech

from Bloomington, IL
403 posts

there was one thing i learned over in the bzflag (game i play) forums, and that is if you want to become a moderator, Never, ever, ever, ever ask. If you are responsible and really active in the forums, good things will come to you.

The Master would not approve.

December 16, 2007 4:19 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

gordon1470 wrote:

there was one thing i learned over in the bzflag (game i play) forums, and that is if you want to become a moderator, Never, ever, ever, ever ask. If you are responsible and really active in the forums, good things will come to you.

Who said that he was asking?  Quite a few of us have made these suggestions this time around as the other mods are busy with other things.

Website | Twitter

December 16, 2007 4:33 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

gordon1470 wrote:

For the record, I agree with you, but jpdyson wasn't asking - actually, from the conduct of his I've seen, I wouldn't mind if he was a mod. At least he wasn't whoring himself out to be made a mod like certain other people from the past...*coughs*Apcs11*coughs* wink

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

December 16, 2007 5:14 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

rampancy wrote:
gordon1470 wrote:

For the record, I agree with you, but jpdyson wasn't asking - actually, from the conduct of his I've seen, I wouldn't mind if he was a mod. At least he wasn't whoring himself out to be made a mod like certain other people from the past...*coughs*Apcs11*coughs* wink

And notice that we don't see him around here anymore...

Website | Twitter

December 16, 2007 5:28 pm
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

rampancy wrote:

Good point. And where the hell is Apcs11 this time? I have a good mind to demote him and make Warbrian a mod.

Nah tongue

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

December 16, 2007 5:56 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

johnred wrote:
rampancy wrote:

Good point. And where the hell is Apcs11 this time? I have a good mind to demote him and make Warbrian a mod.

Nah tongue

I've got no problem with that.  I haven't been campaigning at all.  It would all be up to you guys.

Edit: Oh, a surprise!

Website | Twitter

December 16, 2007 6:05 pm
Gordon1470

Gordon1470

Automaton Tech

from Bloomington, IL
403 posts

sorry, i thought he was asking.

The Master would not approve.

December 16, 2007 6:18 pm
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

Warbrain wrote:

I've got no problem with that.  I haven't been campaigning at all.  It would all be up to you guys.

#1 welcome
#2 don't abuse the mod power
#3 don't be an ass (only I may be tongue)

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

December 16, 2007 6:20 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

johnred wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

#1 welcome
#2 don't abuse the mod power
#3 don't be an ass (only I may be tongue)

I know the rules.  I'm not going to abuse it at all or be an a-hole. I haven't been of late.

Website | Twitter

December 16, 2007 6:22 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

like i said before, while i generally have the time to contribute, i just don't have the time in to even be a good candidate. that and i'm a little hot-headed and intolerant of laziness.

PM me | Twitter

December 17, 2007 3:17 am
Apcs11

Apcs11

Dirigible Captain

from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
2,577 posts

Guys Ive been here all along. I just haven't posted in aeons lol. Think about it. In the time between MH I and the start of MH II there have been like 2 new topics created and 5 people logged on all day. It was a freaking ghost town. I also, unfortunately, had a pretty bad World of Warcraft addiction.

But I've been clean for 2 months!!!

The point is that my posting constipation has ceased.

Han shot first.

December 17, 2007 4:36 am
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

More than 5 people. There had to be at least...12...

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

December 17, 2007 1:36 pm
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

@dtl: nah, it was closer to 13.  tongue  At least every other month when I showed up for a week.  wink

Whistle while you work.  Patience is key.

December 17, 2007 4:29 pm
boboboe

boboboe

from Eastern Canada
2,356 posts

step wrote:

@dtl: nah, it was closer to 13.  tongue  At least every other month when I showed up for a week.  wink

Yeah, but I mean there was at least 1 or 2 new topics created each week between  MH 1 and MH 2 smile. Many along the lines of "were the hell is MDA?"

Flickr

December 17, 2007 7:27 pm
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

boboboe wrote:
step wrote:

Yeah, but I mean there was at least 1 or 2 new topics created each week between  MH 1 and MH 2 smile. Many along the lines of "were the hell is MDA?"

Now MDA, there is a happening forum.  /sarcasm

Whistle while you work.  Patience is key.

December 17, 2007 8:17 pm
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

Yeah, I mean in the past 6 months, the TPBM thread has only grown what? 20 pages?

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

December 17, 2007 8:17 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Front » Moderators

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?