1 posts

??

December 16, 2007 11:03 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Is your Javascript enabled?  What browser?  Which mission?

Website | Twitter

December 16, 2007 11:05 pm

DeathOnIce

Tinkerer

from San Francisco
44 posts

Possibly wrong slot? tongue

December 16, 2007 11:46 pm

cbyers

Tinkerer

11 posts

At school on the G3 Imacs, I couldn't get it to go in the slot either.  Try doing it on another computer.

December 17, 2007 12:10 am

DeathOnIce

Tinkerer

from San Francisco
44 posts

Different browser.

December 17, 2007 5:22 am

Rocketta

Urchin

3 posts

yeah me either. sad

I'm on a windows xp machine using firefox. sad

December 17, 2007 2:29 pm

amfhm141

Urchin

4 posts

MACheist?

December 17, 2007 2:35 pm
susanabra

susanabra

Automaton Tech

from Denmark
147 posts

Warbrain wrote:

These are the important questions!!
I'm on Safari 3.0.4, have Java enabled and can still insert the card for mission 2, even though mission 2 is over. I can't insert the card for mission 1.

- a nerd of a different color

December 17, 2007 2:51 pm

Rocketta

Urchin

3 posts

Warbrain wrote:

yes, firefox, 1 & 2

December 17, 2007 2:53 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

I've just tried this on Firefox on my XP box, and it works fine. So it seems that it is compatible with XP. If you're running the latest firefox and java, it should work fine. You can check to be sure that Java is enabled on your browser as a good starting place.

Can you describe a little more thoroughly what sort of problem you're having? Which you click the card, and you drag it and see it moving around the screen? WHen you drag the card toward he slot, do you see it re-orient itself as to be inserted? Any info you can provide would be helpful in troubleshooting.

PM me | Twitter

December 17, 2007 3:14 pm
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

Confirmed on Firefox 2 with XP.  Card 1 just says "mission expired" in the box on the right.  Card 2 plays the mission info still.

Do you have the "no script" extension?  (If not, you should.  It's awesome and necessary, esp. on Windows.) 

jpdyson has great questions.  Answer those and we'll go from there.

semi-related note: sure wish the briefings could be watched on an iPhone, but you can't drag-and-drop.  Maybe the cards could be clickable on the iPhone's browser as an alternative?!

Whistle while you work.  Patience is key.

December 17, 2007 4:56 pm
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

@step Why can't you drag and drop on an iPhone. Just drag the card with your fingers, and drop it on the slot.

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

December 17, 2007 6:09 pm
justG

justG

Sky Pirate

from LI, NY, US
1,639 posts

jpdyson wrote:

If you're running the latest firefox and java, it should work fine. You can check to be sure that Java is enabled on your browser as a good starting place.

Just to avoid confusion, that's JavaScript. Two completely different things.

December 17, 2007 6:40 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

justG wrote:
jpdyson wrote:

If you're running the latest firefox and java, it should work fine. You can check to be sure that Java is enabled on your browser as a good starting place.

Just to avoid confusion, that's JavaScript. Two completely different things.

Indeed, and correct - I meant JavaScript. Looking at the source of that page, it doesn't seem like there's anything else other than quicktime that would be required.

PM me | Twitter

December 17, 2007 7:37 pm
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

definetheline wrote:

@step Why can't you drag and drop on an iPhone. Just drag the card with your fingers, and drop it on the slot.

DTL, ever used one?  When you drag your fingers, it moves the screen around.  There is no "click to select" or "click to pickup" or "drag-and-drop" on the iPhone.  At least not as currently implemented.

December 17, 2007 8:16 pm
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

step wrote:
definetheline wrote:

DTL, ever used one?  When you drag your fingers, it moves the screen around.  There is no "click to select" or "click to pickup" or "drag-and-drop" on the iPhone.  At least not as currently implemented.

Oh, sorry. We don't have them in Canada yet. I would love to try one though...

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

December 17, 2007 8:19 pm

Rocketta

Urchin

3 posts

jpdyson wrote:

I've just tried this on Firefox on my XP box, and it works fine. So it seems that it is compatible with XP. If you're running the latest firefox and java, it should work fine. You can check to be sure that Java is enabled on your browser as a good starting place.

Can you describe a little more thoroughly what sort of problem you're having? Which you click the card, and you drag it and see it moving around the screen? WHen you drag the card toward he slot, do you see it re-orient itself as to be inserted? Any info you can provide would be helpful in troubleshooting.

I should have the latest Firefox and Javascript is enabled.  When I click on the mission card I can select it and pick it up and move it around but it never reorients itself to fit in the slot.

December 17, 2007 9:58 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

Which slot are you trying to put it in? The one under the screen, or the one above where you grabbed the card?

PM me | Twitter

December 17, 2007 10:24 pm
minienvelope

minienvelope

Tinkerer

13 posts

It doesn't work in Safari 2.0.4, but it works in Camino and the latest version of WebKit.

December 18, 2007 2:38 am
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

definetheline wrote:
step wrote:
definetheline wrote:

Oh, sorry. We don't have them in Canada yet. I would love to try one though...

Oh right, should have remembered that.  Sorry mate.  sad

December 18, 2007 3:05 am

giggler

Urchin

1 posts

can't drag 'n' drop the card either. this is a Flash player+cookie problem, not a javaScript problem alone. this site is wasting my time- buhbye . get a QE engineer next time.

January 5, 2008 5:32 pm
jer2665

jer2665

Big Game Hunter

from South Windsor, CT
800 posts

giggler wrote:

can't drag 'n' drop the card either. this is a Flash player+cookie problem, not a javaScript problem alone. this site is wasting my time- buhbye . get a QE engineer next time.

you're a jackass, and it's a bit difficult to be a flash player problem with it being javascript and all.

My twitter

January 5, 2008 6:12 pm
AndyG1128

AndyG1128

Tinkerer

from Cordova, TN
14 posts

jer2665 wrote:
giggler wrote:

you're a jackass, and it's a bit difficult to be a flash player problem with it being javascript and all.

Bah, some people don't want real help as it is easier to complain, whine, and point fingers.

I should know, I manage a Help Desk and half the complaints that escalate to me are people who just want to whine for a while before they actually settle down and accept help.

-Be Yourself, but failing that, at least be someone interesting-

January 5, 2008 6:20 pm
Omega16

Omega16

Tinkerer

12 posts

giggler wrote:

If you're going to be rude and refuse our help then I think I can safely say that you aren't wanted here.

January 5, 2008 7:15 pm
tech

tech

Sky Pirate

from Rantoul, Illinois
1,516 posts

Hmmm...the guy makes his first post and is obviously frustrated but 3 guys get on him...one insults him, one speaks condescendingly, and another accuses him of being rude.

sigh...

<insert out-dated referral link here>

January 5, 2008 8:32 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

tech wrote:

Hmmm...the guy makes his first post and is obviously frustrated but 3 guys get on him...one insults him, one speaks condescendingly, and another accuses him of being rude.

sigh...

It was in fact his first (and only) post, yet HE was being rude - never he mind the fact that thousands of us access the briefings without a problem. The problem obviously lies with MH if HE can't get the card to work on HIS machine. Not to mention he makes a plainly false statement about the problem with the briefings page (there's not a lick of flash involved). It's OK to be wrong, but smug incorrectness is entirely different. Finally, the "buhbye" quip (a la rude flight attendents, SNL) and the jab about getting a "QE engineer" because a handful of people out of (checks number of registered users) 85,000+ people have not complained at all is just plain rude.

I agree with the sentiment - if you're going to be a jerk, you're not going to be welcomed very warmly. It's common sense.

PM me | Twitter

January 5, 2008 10:31 pm
TwoUp

TwoUp

Tinkerer

12 posts

giggler wrote:

Then don't enjoy the apps you get. You make it seem like it's OUR loss. Idiot.

January 6, 2008 3:18 am
tech

tech

Sky Pirate

from Rantoul, Illinois
1,516 posts

jpdyson wrote:
tech wrote:

sigh...

It was in fact his first (and only) post, yet HE was being rude - never he mind the fact that thousands of us access the briefings without a problem. The problem obviously lies with MH if HE can't get the card to work on HIS machine. Not to mention he makes a plainly false statement about the problem with the briefings page (there's not a lick of flash involved). It's OK to be wrong, but smug incorrectness is entirely different. Finally, the "buhbye" quip (a la rude flight attendents, SNL) and the jab about getting a "QE engineer" because a handful of people out of (checks number of registered users) 85,000+ people have not complained at all is just plain rude.

I agree with the sentiment - if you're going to be a jerk, you're not going to be welcomed very warmly. It's common sense.

I'm not saying he was right. Perhaps this quote better explains my point.

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
- Mark Twain

<insert out-dated referral link here>

January 6, 2008 6:21 pm
cenunez

cenunez

Gearhead

from Pennsylvania
56 posts

tech:  same sentiment  "Don't get into a pissing contest with a skunk."

Think Globally; Act Locally

January 6, 2008 7:21 pm
AndyG1128

AndyG1128

Tinkerer

from Cordova, TN
14 posts

"Don't ever argue with an Idiot. He will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." -- Unknown

-Be Yourself, but failing that, at least be someone interesting-

January 6, 2008 7:45 pm
oceansage

oceansage

Tinkerer

from Planet Earth
14 posts

The quote above comes from a sign that was hanging in Albert Einstein office....

“When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute - and it’s longer than any hour. That’s relativity.” –Albert Einstein

January 6, 2008 8:43 pm
bowlingb

bowlingb

Automaton Tech

from underneath your bed
206 posts

giggler wrote:

kthx bbye!

January 6, 2008 10:39 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » um....I can't get the card in the slot....\

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?