Forums

Keynote: presenter display

MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » Keynote: presenter display

macnStein

Urchin

1 posts

I have tried to set up my presenter display for a keynote presentation so that I can see my notes, but I can't get it to work. I've followed the directions again and again, but still my slide shows up just as it does on the projector.
Just in case I get asked, this is what I'm doing:

Go to "Keynote", select "preferences", select "presenter display", check "use alternate display to view presenter information", check "current slide" "next slide" "notes", etc....

I've gone into "edit Presenter Layout" to see if that will help me, but with no luck. No matter what I do, when i go to present, there's my slide and no presenter information. My husband tried it on his macbook (I have ibook G4), and he couldn't get his to work, either. Any ideas?

adel

June 17, 2008 4:07 am
Adrammelech

Adrammelech

Big Game Hunter

from Gallifrey
626 posts

I have an iBook G4 too and I understand it can't be done on older Macs...they don't support having two different displays or something like that...

Referrals:
Free*My*Apps: Discover great iOS apps. Get rewarded!
FreeAppSlots: Play Slots & WIN!
Bing Rewards: Search Bing, earn credits towards rewards!

June 17, 2008 5:01 am
mtaylor

mtaylor

Big Game Hunter

755 posts

If you are using an iMac, eMac, or iBook, try screen spanning doctor -- I used to have an iBook, and this software enables what the hardware can actually do: run an independent external display.  If you are running a contemporary mac which supports screen spanning out of the box, then you should NOT try this software, as it iwll fix nothing, and likely mess something up (if it installs).

http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html

EDIT:

looks like iBook G4's are on the supported device list.  The only hangup is I'm not sure what would happen in Leopard, but it should be fine in 10.4

http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/supportlist_e.html

In communist russia, the normal force pushes on you!

June 17, 2008 2:02 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Dirigible Captain

from Not here.
6,982 posts

mtaylor wrote:

If you are using an iMac, eMac, or iBook, try screen spanning doctor -- I used to have an iBook, and this software enables what the hardware can actually do: run an independent external display.  If you are running a contemporary mac which supports screen spanning out of the box, then you should NOT try this software, as it iwll fix nothing, and likely mess something up (if it installs).

http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html

EDIT:

looks like iBook G4's are on the supported device list.  The only hangup is I'm not sure what would happen in Leopard, but it should be fine in 10.4

http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/supportlist_e.html

I actually had to use a different screen spanning hack for safe sleep and it worked in Leopard.  I might still have it around here...

Website | Twitter

June 17, 2008 2:21 pm
mtaylor

mtaylor

Big Game Hunter

755 posts

was it "iBook Screen Enhancer"?

Disclaimer: I haven't used that one.

June 17, 2008 2:54 pm
mtaylor

mtaylor

Big Game Hunter

755 posts

As for the macbook, please ensure that you don't have your displays in "mirror" mode.  This would result in the error you are seeing.  The iBook only allows mirror mode without a hack (see above), but the macbook should allow independent screens by default... you just have to enable it in the displays pref. pane of system preferences.

June 17, 2008 8:17 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » Keynote: presenter display

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?