Forums

Parallels + Mac Pilot + possible bonus app for early buyers... $39-$49

MacHeist Forums » The Front » Parallels + Mac Pilot + possible bonus app for early buyers... $39-$49
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

As you may've noticed, we are now offering Parallels and Mac Pilot for just $49, or for many of you who have purchased a bundle before, just $39. (Thought we'd reward you guys with a nice treat after the last one, and we're subsidizing most of the discount.)

While most of you are probably familiar with Parallels, for those of you who haven't heard of it, the app lets you run Windows apps in a virtual desktop within OS X, or even right alongside your Mac apps via coherence mode at near full speeds. (You can even play supported PC games on it.)

This is actually the lowest price ever for Parallels 3, possibly for any serious virtualization software for the Mac, ever.

Even if you may've picked up Parallels already, you know it's a hell of a deal, so let your friends know.... and enjoy! smile

-phill

P.S., we do indeed have a reward for early buyers. The first thousand customers will receive an additional bonus app for free. It's a doozy, and an Apple Design Award winner, to be revealed tomorrow night.

Winners will have their receipts marked. Enjoy!:D

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

June 26, 2008 7:29 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

phillryu wrote:

The first thousand customers will receive an additional bonus app for free. It's a doozy, and an Apple Design Award winner, to be revealed tomorrow night.

from this years WWDC?

Best OS X Student Project
-Squirrel(finance management) by Axel Peju
Best OS X Graphics and Media Application
-ScreenFlow(Screencasting) by Vara Software Limited
Best OS X Application
- ScreenFlow (Screencasting) by Vara Software Limited
Best OS X User Experience
- Macnification (organize microscopic images) by Orbicule
Best OS X Game
- Guitar Hero III by Aspyr Media, Inc

I wouldn't mind a coppy of Guitar Hero III tongue

or is it a previous winner?

I'm feeling old

June 26, 2008 7:40 pm
lukebacon

lukebacon

Automaton Tech

from Steep, UK
324 posts

Says previous winner on the front page, I think...

Which, if we're looking at 2007, gives us Coda, DL 2, CSSEdit, BartWidget, Papers, WoW (!) and Picturesque...or more accurately something new from these developers.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

June 26, 2008 7:42 pm
MintCreation

MintCreation

Sky Pirate

from Daddy Heaven :D
1,478 posts

Well I am still debating Fusion vs Parallels so at this price I think I will go for Parallels. Thanks for a nice deal - looking forward to the secret smile

I am not an agent in real life, only on weekends!

June 26, 2008 7:51 pm
malissalu

malissalu

Tinkerer

from Deep South
37 posts

Groan....what was the old song on HeeHaw (yeah, I'm old...most of you kids here probably don't even know what it was...my parents watched it when I was growing up) ...."if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all..."  I just used referral prize points yesterday to get 3 copies of MacPilot for myself, my partner, and my son.  roll   

How typical.  Killer deal though.  Hell, will probably go ahead and pick it up and give MP to my pop.

I kiss my pug on the lips smile

June 26, 2008 7:52 pm
Lionhart

Lionhart

Tinkerer

41 posts

i logged in but the discount to $39 doesn't show yet?

June 26, 2008 7:53 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

http://img.skitch.com/20080626-cbr874fa5fhkdgbgbump976n5w.png

an $80 app! that narrows it down

hmm . . .

isn't Guitar Hero III $80!?!? tongue

I'm feeling old

June 26, 2008 8:00 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

http://img.skitch.com/20080626-piippenatypjyn5imqmdem2wy9.png

ooooooh

look what other Apple Design Award winner is going for $80 at the moment!

thats gonna get a few people round here drooling and praying to their gods

I'm feeling old

June 26, 2008 8:06 pm
jer2665

jer2665

Big Game Hunter

from South Windsor, CT
800 posts

oh god if it's coda that'll suck.  of course, i wait like a year to buy it it then BAM, buy it 3 weeks ago.  tongue  so with how stuff works for me, that sounds like a possibility

My twitter

June 26, 2008 8:08 pm
travislopes

travislopes

Gearhead

88 posts

I'm logged in too, but am not getting the $10 discount.

This is the one time I'm going to say to MacHeist: "I hope it's not Coda!" I just bought recently and it would aggravate me a little bit.

June 26, 2008 8:11 pm
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

Lionhart wrote:

Try changing your account email address (click 'profile' while in the forums) to your paypal email address or the email you used while purchasing a past bundle.

June 26, 2008 8:12 pm
travislopes

travislopes

Gearhead

88 posts

phillryu wrote:
Lionhart wrote:

Try changing your account email address (click 'profile' while in the forums) to your paypal email address or the email you used while purchasing a past bundle.

What if you have done that and it is still not working?

June 26, 2008 8:13 pm
blazedragon555

blazedragon555

Sky Pirate

from NYC
1,030 posts

Phill, I tried that, but it still doesn't work...
I really want to be one of the first 1000 people to buy!

Twitter

June 26, 2008 8:17 pm
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

blazedragon555 wrote:

Phill, I tried that, but it still doesn't work...

We're looking into this, hopefully Karl will respond with a solution momentarily.

June 26, 2008 8:18 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

blazedragon555 wrote:

there's no counter on the front page so its gonna be hard to judge how many have been sold

hmm I would buy even though I already have Parallels if this "doozy" turns out to be something useful to me. But I'm not rushing in blind, so I guess I'm hoping for the sales to start off slowly

I'm feeling old

June 26, 2008 8:22 pm
kalleboo

kalleboo

Staff

from Kagoshima, Japan
265 posts

OK I believe the issue was just in the display of the # of bundles popup menu - have a look now and see if it works.

If it doesn't:
1) Double-check that your forums account is using the same email you purchased with. Use the Order Lookup to make sure we have a record of the email in your forums profile.
2) Does the front page show $39 or $49 for you?
3) On the buy page, if you select a credit card, does it show a "Heisters discount" at the very bottom?

Everything is my fault

June 26, 2008 8:25 pm
travislopes

travislopes

Gearhead

88 posts

On my end, it is fixed. Originally, I could see the $39 on the front page, but it wasn't applying. Now it has.

June 26, 2008 8:26 pm
Rmediavilla

Rmediavilla

Tinkerer

from Puerto Rico
40 posts

Is it me or is Parallels Desktop cheaper on Amazon, just 39.99 if you don't want MacPilot or are a previews buyier and/or already have MacPilot, I rather buy it from Amazon. Also VMWare Fusion is also just 39.99.

Anyways I'm not dissing the Bundle awesome bundle, and my payday is tomorrow so I may be getting it, because I already have VMWareFusion, and I want to try Parallels and I also want MacPilot.

Thats just my opinion, Good job.

JuST RaFy

Stalk me - http://www.twitter.com/Rmediavilla
Blog me - http://www.rafaelmediavilla.com/

June 26, 2008 8:28 pm
WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Dirigible Captain

from a cliff in the arctic ocean.
2,847 posts

Well... seeing that I already have two licenses of Fusion, I'm passing on this one smile

Nice deal tho.

(favourite paradox) This page intentionally left blank.

June 26, 2008 8:29 pm
William

William

Tinkerer

from Victoria, Canada
14 posts

Rmediavilla wrote:

Is it me or is Parallels Desktop cheaper on Amazon, just 39.99 if you don't want MacPilot or are a previews buyier and/or already have MacPilot, I rather buy it from Amazon. Also VMWare Fusion is also just 39.99..

Yeah, after a rebate... plus we get another $80 app!

June 26, 2008 8:31 pm
cypher

cypher

Automaton Tech

from UK
479 posts

I got Parallels in the recent MU Promo bundle,  so looks like I'll be giving this one a miss sad

June 26, 2008 8:33 pm
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

Great to hear that you guys are digging this btw. big_smile

Btw, you should <a href="http://digg.com/apple/Parallels_Mac_Pilot_for_just_39_49">digg this</a> if you're liking it.

June 26, 2008 8:33 pm
macpug18

macpug18

Sky Pirate

1,144 posts

cypher wrote:

I got Parallels in the recent MU Promo bundle,  so looks like I'll be giving this one a miss sad

Damn!  I completely forgot that.  I already have it.  Big Duh.  roll  I'm ready for this week to be over....my head has been somewhere else all week.  Obviously, I don't run Windoze on my Mac, but was going to get it just in case I had the need.....
Bummer...'cause I was looking forward to the bonus app.  Probably just as well.  It's probably something I bought last week, judging from how luck has been lately.
Great deal though.

You've just read my signature

June 26, 2008 8:39 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

William wrote:
Rmediavilla wrote:

Is it me or is Parallels Desktop cheaper on Amazon, just 39.99 if you don't want MacPilot or are a previews buyier and/or already have MacPilot, I rather buy it from Amazon. Also VMWare Fusion is also just 39.99..

Yeah, after a rebate,

no rebates for us outside of Amazon.com

.co.uk has it at £42.98 ($85)

I'm feeling old

June 26, 2008 8:40 pm
Lionhart

Lionhart

Tinkerer

41 posts

got the discount showing.. just afraid of buying... i'd be sold if i knew i could get the mystery app sad

June 26, 2008 8:48 pm
blazedragon555

blazedragon555

Sky Pirate

from NYC
1,030 posts

Ok. The discount works now... great! smile

Twitter

June 26, 2008 8:48 pm
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

Lionhart wrote:

got the discount showing.. just afraid of buying... i'd be sold if i knew i could get the mystery app sad

You're absolutely safe purchasing now. tongue It's only been an hour since the sale began.

June 26, 2008 8:52 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

I absolutely bet right now that the application is Freeverse's Lineform. It's $79.95 and it won Best Mac OS X Student Product in 2006. Also, MacHeist has worked with Freeverse before and Freeverse regularly does big sales so Phill could have negotiated a good deal for a volume purchase. It seems like a logical fit.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

June 26, 2008 8:56 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,890 posts

artist-illustrator.net wrote:

http://img.skitch.com/20080626-cbr874fa … 976n5w.png

hmm . . .

If you're expecting Phill to give you Guitar Hero III, then you'd better expect him to give you a Mac capable of running it at more than 10 fps along with it. tongue

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

June 26, 2008 9:04 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,890 posts

phillryu wrote:
Lionhart wrote:

You're absolutely safe purchasing now. tongue It's only been an hour since the sale began.

For how long is the "mystery bonus" offer going to go? I figure I'd want to see what the mystery app is and then decide. I figure I could probably gift the extra Parallels license to a friend.

Marathon Forever.

June 26, 2008 9:05 pm
Lionhart

Lionhart

Tinkerer

41 posts

you can get the mystery from within the first 1000 purchases from what i understand.

i'm one of them :-)

June 26, 2008 9:07 pm
alloutmacstoday

alloutmacstoday

Big Game Hunter

from The Dark Side of Oz
615 posts

Wasgo wrote:

I absolutely bet right now that the application is Freeverse's Lineform. It's $79.95 and it won Best Mac OS X Student Product in 2006. Also, MacHeist has worked with Freeverse before and Freeverse regularly does big sales so Phill could have negotiated a good deal for a volume purchase. It seems like a logical fit.

Looks exactly like vector designer... except not as nice.  I really hope it's Coda!

Twitter | Flickr

June 26, 2008 9:09 pm
blazedragon555

blazedragon555

Sky Pirate

from NYC
1,030 posts

Purchased... smile
I'm one of the first 1000!

Twitter

June 26, 2008 9:10 pm
lukebacon

lukebacon

Automaton Tech

from Steep, UK
324 posts

blazedragon555, I don't suppose there's a customer number/sale number anywhere on your receipt is there (I know there used to be)...just so those who 'might' buy to risk the mystery app have a vague, but sneaky, way of tracking sales!?

June 26, 2008 9:13 pm
WalrusCP

WalrusCP

Big Game Hunter

from NoVA
897 posts

Hmmm, I have a co-worker that just switched to mac who would like Parallels. I already have it from the MU Bundle, so at face value this is not for me. However, if the mystery app turns out to be something I need, I might jump in and just give the license to my co-worker.

So I'll wait until the reveal tomorrow. smile

Get a 2GB Dropbox account + additional space free for you & me

Just wait until you see the mega unlock goal. (Hint, it involves a lot of dead kittens.) – Phill Ryu

June 26, 2008 9:15 pm
alloutmacstoday

alloutmacstoday

Big Game Hunter

from The Dark Side of Oz
615 posts

I was just thinking...

if the app was Lineform, Phill and MacHeist would have gotten a great bulk deal, because they have worked with Freeverse before.  So, they would probably be able to give it to everyone, instead of only 1000.

But, if it were Coda, the MC Crew might not have gotten as a great of a bulk deal, so they really only wanted to do 1000 bundles with Coda.

Twitter | Flickr

June 26, 2008 9:15 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

alloutmacstoday wrote:

I was just thinking...

if the app was Lineform, Phill and MacHeist would have gotten a great bulk deal, because they have worked with Freeverse before.  So, they would probably be able to give it to everyone, instead of only 1000.

But, if it were Coda, the MC Crew might not have gotten as a great of a bulk deal, so they really only wanted to do 1000 bundles with Coda.

I don't think your analysis holds up at all. They're also including Parallels, which would have quite a high cost, and they want to earn money for themselves as well. I highly doubt they could afford to sell Parallels and Lineform for $40 and still expect to earn a decent return for themselves.

Also, for Coda, Phill would call it a $99 app, even if the current price is $79.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

June 26, 2008 9:19 pm
deepthought4200

deepthought4200

Tinkerer

19 posts

rampancy wrote:

hmm . . .

If you're expecting Phill to give you Guitar Hero III, then you'd better expect him to give you a Mac capable of running it at more than 10 fps along with it. tongue

Not to mention ship the controller to you... unless you'd like to play it with the keyboard.

June 26, 2008 9:28 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

deepthought4200 wrote:
rampancy wrote:

hmm . . .

Not to mention ship the controller to you... unless you'd like to play it with the keyboard.

come on guys!

a guy can dream can't he!? smile

I'm feeling old

June 26, 2008 9:30 pm
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

deepthought4200 wrote:
rampancy wrote:

hmm . . .

No, it's not Guitar Hero. Though I picked that up for my Mac a couple days ago - really a perfect game for quick gaming.

June 26, 2008 9:30 pm
alloutmacstoday

alloutmacstoday

Big Game Hunter

from The Dark Side of Oz
615 posts

Since you are in the answering mood Phill, is it Coda?

Twitter | Flickr

June 26, 2008 9:31 pm
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM

Automaton Tech

453 posts

Lionhart wrote:

If you knew it wouldn't be a mystery!!

Go GREEN!

June 26, 2008 9:32 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

come on guys!

phillryu wrote:

No, it's not Guitar Hero. Though I picked that up for my Mac a couple days ago - really a perfect game for quick gaming.

/dream

I'm feeling old

June 26, 2008 9:32 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

June 26, 2008 9:33 pm
WalrusCP

WalrusCP

Big Game Hunter

from NoVA
897 posts

I have a feeling that the Coda guess is correct. I can't find any recent winners that have a price tag at around $80 other than Coda.

Just wait until you see the mega unlock goal. (Hint, it involves a lot of dead kittens.) – Phill Ryu

June 26, 2008 9:34 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,890 posts

deepthought4200 wrote:

I was under the impression that Guitar Hero never shipped without the controller. Wouldn't it be sort of useless if it did?

And no, no keyboard play, thanks. Frets on Fire is hard enough without that. And it's sort of impractical on a laptop.

Marathon Forever.

June 26, 2008 9:35 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

WalrusCP wrote:

I have a feeling that the Coda guess is correct. I can't find any recent winners that have a price tag at around $80 other than Coda.

Lineform as I noted earlier in the thread.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

June 26, 2008 9:35 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

Wasgo wrote:

http://www.macheist.com/invites/prizecabinet suggests that it's at 122 bundles sold.

good find!

i reckon 1000 will pass before the mystery app is let loose

I'm feeling old

June 26, 2008 9:36 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,890 posts

In terms of dreaming then, I'd love to see Audio Hijack Pro as a bundle app now or in the future.

Marathon Forever.

June 26, 2008 9:37 pm
WalrusCP

WalrusCP

Big Game Hunter

from NoVA
897 posts

Wasgo wrote:
WalrusCP wrote:

Lineform as I noted earlier in the thread.

Ah, missed that in my search. I think either Coda or Lineform are the safe bets then, though another drawing app so soon would be a bit odd (not out of the question though).

June 26, 2008 9:42 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Front » Parallels + Mac Pilot + possible bonus app for early buyers... $39-$49

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?