Forums

Parallels + Mac Pilot + possible bonus app for early buyers... $39-$49

MacHeist Forums » The Front » Parallels + Mac Pilot + possible bonus app for early buyers... $39-$49
Tenex

Tenex

Automaton Tech

from London
177 posts

Wasgo wrote:

http://www.macheist.com/invites/prizecabinet suggests that it's at 122 bundles sold.

Does this bundle earn referral points?

June 26, 2008 10:05 pm

suneohair

Tinkerer

25 posts

$10 isn't working for me...

June 26, 2008 10:20 pm
OverHaze

OverHaze

Automaton Tech

107 posts

Purchased and I'm one of the 1000 smile. Tell me Pixelmator isn't a Apple Design Award winner, I only bought the thing 2 days ago!

June 26, 2008 10:23 pm
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

Tenex wrote:
Wasgo wrote:

http://www.macheist.com/invites/prizecabinet suggests that it's at 122 bundles sold.

Does this bundle earn referral points?

No.

suneohair wrote:

$10 isn't working for me...

Did you try changing your email in "profile" to your paypal address or email you used to purchase previous bundles?

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

June 26, 2008 10:31 pm
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

OverHaze wrote:

Purchased and I'm one of the 1000 smile. Tell me Pixelmator isn't a Apple Design Award winner, I only bought the thing 2 days ago!

Not Pixelmator, not a repeat app.

June 26, 2008 10:41 pm

suneohair

Tinkerer

25 posts

Nevermind, I got it to work. Thought I had used a different email. Excited to see what the bonus app is! big_smile Hoping for Coda.

June 26, 2008 10:49 pm
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

suneohair wrote:

Nevermind, I got it to work. Thought I had used a different email. Excited to see what the bonus app is! big_smile Hoping for Coda.

Great to hear you got it working!

June 26, 2008 10:51 pm

jdq

Urchin

3 posts

I bought too, but how do you know if you are one of the 1000?

June 26, 2008 10:52 pm
pablosinfonian

pablosinfonian

Automaton Tech

from Denver, Colorado
157 posts

Maybe my Mom would be interested... I've already got VMWare Fusion (we use it at work a lot).

Orange and black... that reminds me of something...
Craptastic.

June 26, 2008 10:56 pm

suneohair

Tinkerer

25 posts

phillryu wrote:
suneohair wrote:

Great to hear you got it working!

Thanks! Second parallels license for me, luckily my g/f just got a new 20" iMac big_smile Thanks for the help!

June 26, 2008 11:03 pm
OneGnome98

OneGnome98

Automaton Tech

from Durham, NC
152 posts

I bought it, but I wanted to gift Parallels.  I didn't see the option to gift just it?  I know I can give him my information to use, but it would be nice if it had his information on it.

We will see if he can use his information during registration.

June 26, 2008 11:13 pm
OverHaze

OverHaze

Automaton Tech

107 posts

phillryu wrote:
OverHaze wrote:

Not Pixelmator, not a repeat app.

Thats good to hear.

June 26, 2008 11:17 pm
zombyboy

zombyboy

Automaton Tech

from Denver, CO
184 posts

Okay, this sort of sucks. I have Parallels (love it) and don't have any need for Mac Pilot, but if the bonus app is Coda and I knew I was one of the first 1000 I'll buy it right now.

Not sure I want to roll the dice.

Loot is King.

June 26, 2008 11:28 pm

jdq

Urchin

3 posts

OverHaze wrote:

Purchased and I'm one of the 1000 smile.

Where did it tell you what number you were?

June 26, 2008 11:31 pm
snkhan

snkhan

Tinkerer

from Leicester, England
12 posts

Yay, managed to get the bundle. I should get the mystery app too, hopefully. +1 for Coda :-)

Sajid Nawaz Khan

June 26, 2008 11:32 pm
OneGnome98

OneGnome98

Automaton Tech

from Durham, NC
152 posts

jdq wrote:
OverHaze wrote:

Purchased and I'm one of the 1000 smile.

Where did it tell you what number you were?

It doesn't that I know of.  If you have "Mystery Bonus Application" on your order page you are one of the 1000.

June 26, 2008 11:33 pm
ben.mcmahan

ben.mcmahan

Automaton Tech

from Mostly Tucson
455 posts

is the hold on specifying the bonus app due to rewarding early buyers - i.e. those that (blindly) purchase regardless?

a better question.  why the delay? 

curiosity and cats, yada yada

Whatcha got ain't nothin new. This country's hard on people, you can't stop what's coming, it ain't all waiting on you.

That's vanity.

June 26, 2008 11:37 pm
Tenex

Tenex

Automaton Tech

from London
177 posts

Go to your Invites page and the number is there though I just looked on the front page and its showing there now too.

I'm in.

June 26, 2008 11:38 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

zombyboy wrote:

Okay, this sort of sucks. I have Parallels (love it) and don't have any need for Mac Pilot, but if the bonus app is Coda and I knew I was one of the first 1000 I'll buy it right now.

I think you may have to.

lots of Mac related blogs have ran with the news including TUAW (who also picked up on our Coda or Lineform guess for the bonus app)

the sales are rolling in, I think the 1000 sales mark will be gone before tomorrow night

http://img.skitch.com/20080626-g2s194njygnxqku89gg9bcr41f.png

I'm feeling old

June 26, 2008 11:39 pm
zombyboy

zombyboy

Automaton Tech

from Denver, CO
184 posts

I'm going to drive home and think about this...

Loot is King.

June 26, 2008 11:46 pm
surphaze

surphaze

Automaton Tech

386 posts

Price for two bundles is more than twice the price for one bundle if I get the 10$ previous purchasor discount. Does this make sense? I don't think it does. This means I better buy two bundles seperately than at the same time.. might be an idea to fix that;-)
Or maybe not, people who actually bought two bundles might complain. Well you can still give the extra money you get from people buying two bundles to charity;-)
Gets me to the point: I miss the charity stuff this time. Alright, might not be possible in this case for economical reasons, fine as well but I really hope, the charity stuff comes up again with MH3. It's a good thing.

V

http://surphaze.mybrute.com/

June 27, 2008 2:02 am
vansouza

vansouza

Sky Pirate

from Las Vegas, USA Earth Milky Way
1,075 posts

Got my copy and waiting for the surprise.

www.usheroes.us Pray for Peace. Go Orange!

June 27, 2008 2:05 am
ben.mcmahan

ben.mcmahan

Automaton Tech

from Mostly Tucson
455 posts

unless the counter is set to tally charity accidentally, some of the pages do list a charity amount.  agreed, this is always good.

Whatcha got ain't nothin new. This country's hard on people, you can't stop what's coming, it ain't all waiting on you.

That's vanity.

June 27, 2008 2:07 am
surphaze

surphaze

Automaton Tech

386 posts

ben.mcmahan wrote:

unless the counter is set to tally charity accidentally, some of the pages do list a charity amount.  agreed, this is always good.

I was just wondering as well. But I assume if there was a charity part, it would definitely be announced on the front page as it is a wonderful promotion. Probably the counters just count 25% anyway...
But let's ask those who know:
Dear directorate, please enlighten us by telling us if there's a charity donation planned from this sale or rather not this time.

And also tell us what our mysterious bonus app will be big_smile

V

June 27, 2008 2:11 am
ben.mcmahan

ben.mcmahan

Automaton Tech

from Mostly Tucson
455 posts

surphaze wrote:

...But I assume if there was a charity part, it would definitely be announced on the front page as it is a wonderful promotion. Probably the counters just count 25% anyway...

true true

i see the 1k threshold is quickly being reached tho...
i would have thought we'd reached ll saturation, maybe they're all banking on coda?

i will say, i like the little flurries of MH.com activity in between big heists.  maczot and mupromo get annoying - in that I've missed a deal i really wanted, even though i check them most of the time...the whole 24hour turnaround is too short.

it seems to be a good way to keep us around, w/o only the forums to keep us busy (as interesting as that can be smile

That's vanity.

June 27, 2008 2:24 am
thatgeek

thatgeek

Gearhead

from texas, usa
52 posts

Already have Parallels, Not interested in another vector editor.
But tell me you have coda, and I'm in!

Honestly though, if they had coda, wouldn't they be shouting from the rooftops?
considering how much coda has been requested here...

June 27, 2008 2:34 am
boboboe

boboboe

from Eastern Canada
2,356 posts

I'm going to put my money on the mystery app being Lineform. It makes the most sense, as Freeverse just finished a deal with MH having SoundStudio in the last bundle.

If it does turn out to be Coda, I will be surprised.

Flickr

June 27, 2008 2:39 am
cheerful

cheerful

Big Game Hunter

from Antarctica
500 posts

Is this the Coda you ppl are talking about?  Or is this it?

Penguin in the ArcticZOT

June 27, 2008 2:40 am

suneohair

Tinkerer

25 posts

The second is the one you seek.

June 27, 2008 2:43 am
zombyboy

zombyboy

Automaton Tech

from Denver, CO
184 posts

thatgeek makes a very good point. And seeing as I am in no need of a new vector editor, either, I'm going to have to take a pass.

Me and my poor, shattered dreams...

Loot is King.

June 27, 2008 2:44 am
surphaze

surphaze

Automaton Tech

386 posts

ben.mcmahan wrote:

i see the 1k threshold is quickly being reached tho...

Yep. Amazing speed

ben.mcmahan wrote:

i would have thought we'd reached ll saturation, maybe they're all banking on coda?

Probably. I am;-)

ben.mcmahan wrote:

i will say, i like the little flurries of MH.com activity in between big heists ... it seems to be a good way to keep us around, w/o only the forums to keep us busy (as interesting as that can be smile

It's just fun if there's something to speculate about. Honestly I mainly got in this deal for the thrill.

thatgeek wrote:

But tell me you have coda, and I'm in!

If you wait for that you'll be too late. The sales are running. Take the risc or let it go. That's the fun part ;-)

thatgeek wrote:

Honestly though, if they had coda, wouldn't they be shouting from the rooftops?
considering how much coda has been requested here...

Not sure: If you check the sales, they obviously don't need to announce the mystery app - the sales will easily go over the first thousand soon. So if it's just a treat for the early buyers... if they would shout it loud (whatever it is) they would need more than 1000 licenses.

I rather fear that even with the app hidden by now, the 1000 special deals will be too few so many people will miss it because they didn't even get online before the offer was already off. Could again lead to a whining choir:-(

V

June 27, 2008 2:46 am
thatgeek

thatgeek

Gearhead

from texas, usa
52 posts

Hmm. anyone want to swap me something for Parallels if I buy?

Maybe Circus Ponies, Voodoo pad, something from the retail bundle maybe?

June 27, 2008 3:17 am
dunlap3

dunlap3

Big Game Hunter

from Trenton, NJ
521 posts

For anyone on the fence about buying, I just got in from my trip to Washington and checked the page, bought.  (I don't have any Windows apps, but for $39, it's nice to have it just in case.) I'm also on board for the mystery app, so it's still available, although I don't know what the count is.  So if you're wondering, the first 1000 hasn't been reached yet.

MichelleDunlap.com - Twitter -
Go Green Monkeys!

June 27, 2008 3:25 am
Chriswan

Chriswan

Sky Pirate

from Jakarta, Indonesia
1,194 posts

700+ bundles sold

Thanks a Lot

June 27, 2008 3:52 am
thatgeek

thatgeek

Gearhead

from texas, usa
52 posts

I'm just going to sit here and watch it roll by...
and then cry like a little girl when it turns out that it really is coda.

June 27, 2008 3:59 am

KeithMcD

Urchin

from /Users/Keith
8 posts

I keep getting an error that it can't process my order!

There was an error processing your order.

* This transaction cannot be processed.

User of MacHeist II sans Speed Download

June 27, 2008 4:02 am
MintCreation

MintCreation

Sky Pirate

from Daddy Heaven :D
1,478 posts

Where do you see how many bundles have been sold - it's not showing up on my frontpage nor in my mail..?

I am not an agent in real life, only on weekends!

June 27, 2008 4:05 am

KeithMcD

Urchin

from /Users/Keith
8 posts

Grrr - MacHeist doesn't like my MasterCard.  It does like Paypal though.  Can't wait for that *secret* third app since it has a placeholder on my orderform for it.

User of MacHeist II sans Speed Download

June 27, 2008 4:31 am
slyreptile

slyreptile

Gearhead

from AZ
83 posts

Why do I keep jumping on these "deals"?  I already have both apps and have no need for duplicates.  That mystery app better be good or I'm gonna really have to sit back and evaluate if the future MH is for me.

Insert Signature Here

June 27, 2008 4:55 am

suneohair

Tinkerer

25 posts

slyreptile wrote:

Why do I keep jumping on these "deals"?  I already have both apps and have no need for duplicates.  That mystery app better be good or I'm gonna really have to sit back and evaluate if the future MH is for me.

You speak as if someone is holding a gun to your head and making you buy! And as if it is their fault if you don't like the mystery app. If the bundle has no value to you, do not buy it! No one is making you.

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

June 27, 2008 5:04 am

rayofvictory

Urchin

1 posts

Mystery bonus app is still available. Hurry!

June 27, 2008 5:35 am

MHR

Tinkerer

from Cincinnati, Ohio
15 posts

I already have too many unused vector editors piling up on my HD - pleeease let it be Coda!

June 27, 2008 5:42 am
grinningcat142

grinningcat142

Urchin

3 posts

I kinda wish the bundle had something more than these two apps + mystery app. Doesn't really feel like a "bundle" to me.

June 27, 2008 5:54 am
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

artist-illustrator.net wrote:
zombyboy wrote:

I think you may have to.

lots of Mac related blogs have ran with the news including TUAW (who also picked up on our Coda or Lineform guess for the bonus app)

the sales are rolling in, I think the 1000 sales mark will be gone before tomorrow night

http://img.skitch.com/20080626-g2s194nj … bcr41f.png

Hmm that counter shouldn't be up. tongue

But yeah, lots of good reporting, with TUAW as noted, Ars, MacUser, Wired's Cult of Mac blog and many others posting.

If you guys are at all interested in the first 1000 - participate ASAP. The window is closing fast.

June 27, 2008 5:58 am
luciferslux

luciferslux

Tinkerer

26 posts

Anyone able to confirm if the 1000 has been reached yet?

Thanks

June 27, 2008 6:08 am
luciferslux

luciferslux

Tinkerer

26 posts

Ah, never mind - shows that Phil's post was only 10 mins ago.  It's 07:08 Tuesday morning here in the UK and I thought no-one had posted for 6 hours smile

June 27, 2008 6:10 am
dantini

dantini

Automaton Tech

from Riverside, CA USA
380 posts

Am trying to buy, but no discount, although I'm logged in and used my registered email address.  This posting will confirm I am logged in, and my receipt will confirm the e-mail address.  I'll expect a $10 refund from TPTB...

Turning GREEN waiting for the bundle!

WTF? LOL! OMG! ROFL!

June 27, 2008 6:23 am
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

dantini wrote:

Am trying to buy, but no discount, although I'm logged in and used my registered email address.  This posting will confirm I am logged in, and my receipt will confirm the e-mail address.  I'll expect a $10 refund from TPTB...

I just want to emphasize for future people who are having this issue - please try changing your forum email account to your paypal email address, that might fix it.

June 27, 2008 6:38 am
dantini

dantini

Automaton Tech

from Riverside, CA USA
380 posts

I went to the bundle look-up page and NONE of the email addresses I've used in the last few years let me call up past bundle information, so maybe something in my settings is messed up somewhere...

Turning GREEN waiting for the bundle!

WTF? LOL! OMG! ROFL!

June 27, 2008 7:01 am
phillryu

phillryu

1,569 posts

dantini wrote:

I went to the bundle look-up page and NONE of the email addresses I've used in the last few years let me call up past bundle information, so maybe something in my settings is messed up somewhere...

Dantini, can you email admin@kalleboo.com (our web programmer, Karl) with ALL relevant information to your situation, including your main email addresses and full name?

June 27, 2008 7:06 am
MacHeist Forums » The Front » Parallels + Mac Pilot + possible bonus app for early buyers... $39-$49

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?