Forums

HeistAgent with MH3

MacHeist Forums » The Front » HeistAgent with MH3
apt213

apt213

Automaton Tech

from Austin, TX
205 posts

Just curious if Heist Agent will be used with MH3? I don't want to miss the opening bell for round one!

Diane, this case gives me a strange feeling... this is one of Cole's blue rose cases.

October 1, 2008 5:14 am
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

HeistAgent should still work but we'll likely have a shiny, new one for MH3. The original one is REALLY bad. I think Scott's cousin programmed it as a 3rd-grade programming project or something.

But I wouldn't worry, though... we make enough noise when we start things that I'm sure you won't miss out. wink

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

October 1, 2008 6:22 am
apt213

apt213

Automaton Tech

from Austin, TX
205 posts

Might I suggest an iPhone app that signals all the Mission start-ups with a popup window or alarm? I mean, how hard is it to squeeze an app into the iTunes Store? *Peals of laughter ensue*

Thanks John!!

Diane, this case gives me a strange feeling... this is one of Cole's blue rose cases.

October 1, 2008 3:23 pm
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

Yeah, with the Push Notification Server maybe? The iPhone starts buzzing when a new heist starts. smile

Question is whether Apple would approve an app like that.

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

October 1, 2008 4:00 pm
jer2665

jer2665

Big Game Hunter

from South Windsor, CT
800 posts

definetheline wrote:

simple, macheist notifier/flashlight.

My twitter

October 1, 2008 4:07 pm
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

Although John, it would be cool if you had some MH3 Heist components via an iPhone or iPod Touch app. Like maps for a real-world heist or something.

Could be an interesting idea to play with.

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

October 1, 2008 5:56 pm
artist-illustrator.net

artist-illustrator.net

Dirigible Captain

from Manchester, UK
3,027 posts

If anything is to be done for the iPhone, then It should be the forums optimized for the small screen.

whilst it not really to hard to navigate around as it is, its always nice when a site provides a scaled down version for mobile use smile

What are the numbers like for visitors using mobile safari? maybe there's just not enough to justify bothering ??

I'm feeling old

October 1, 2008 6:23 pm
apt213

apt213

Automaton Tech

from Austin, TX
205 posts

jer2665 wrote:
definetheline wrote:

simple, macheist notifier/flashlight.

HA! Instant approval as long as the flashlight is included!! Brilliant!

October 1, 2008 6:38 pm
spyker3292

spyker3292

Sky Pirate

from WI
1,728 posts

apt213 wrote:

Might I suggest an iPhone app that signals all the Mission start-ups with a popup window or alarm? I mean, how hard is it to squeeze an app into the iTunes Store? *Peals of laughter ensue*

Thanks John!!

I hope the Push server randomly starts soon. Hopefully it happens just as random, soon, and unannounced as the NDA changing today did big_smile.

Tweet! | Flickr
Go Green Monkeys Go!

October 1, 2008 8:50 pm
dunlap3

dunlap3

Big Game Hunter

from Trenton, NJ
521 posts

I don't really want to see the Heist Agent or the heists to become too dependent on the iPhone.  It would put all of us who don't have one at a disadvantage.  What I like about MH is all of us working together to solve the heists.  I don't really want to see a divide like that created among the community.

MichelleDunlap.com - Twitter -
Go Green Monkeys!

October 2, 2008 4:01 am
apt213

apt213

Automaton Tech

from Austin, TX
205 posts

I don't think it needs to be restricted to the iPhone, certainly, but I think anything we can do that will allow more people to participate as a heist begins is a good thing. Currently, one would have to be sitting in front of their machine at that golden moment, which is even more restrictive, especially for those of us with kids.

October 2, 2008 1:58 pm
awakebyjava

awakebyjava

Automaton Tech

from Outpost Gallifrey
234 posts

One really neat thing though, would be using the new geocaching app that just came out, or is coming out, or something. Course, my iPhone is an old clunker without that fancy jee-pee-ess thing.

Don't legi con comm bility unica fuse with tion.

Twitter

October 3, 2008 12:54 am
spyker3292

spyker3292

Sky Pirate

from WI
1,728 posts

Or they could include geocaching in an iPhone Heist agent tongue. But who needs that?

Tweet! | Flickr
Go Green Monkeys Go!

October 3, 2008 2:47 am
MacHeist Forums » The Front » HeistAgent with MH3

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?