15 posts

Well played, jeffrey.

orange team

February 10, 2009 2:43 pm
freelancing

freelancing

Tinkerer

22 posts

All work and no heist makes me a dull chick. Just saying. Going a tad insane after 30 days of decoding and now drumming fingers on my keyboard. I do really like KavaTunes, though.

Sent from my iPhone 2G 
Go GrEeN møNkEy$, GO!
smile big_smile lol

February 10, 2009 3:03 pm
yseult

yseult

Gearhead

from Switzerland
72 posts

good list and good thoughts. I'm sure the Mods will appreciate the 'stop pestering them' flag. ;-)

Purple is the new black.
Twitter Feed for the Purple Team: http://twitter.com/PurpleParrots

February 10, 2009 3:03 pm
yellowhornet

yellowhornet

Automaton Tech

from Bristol
132 posts

Just wish they would get on with the heists instead of all this mucking around with points

I can't think of anything to say .....
GO PURPLE!!!

February 10, 2009 3:07 pm
xaledo

xaledo

Automaton Tech

from Copenhagen, Denmark
211 posts

Honestly, I don't mind waiting. It gives me something to look forward to, and time to get to know other heisters tongue
My only complaint is that the points spurred this avalanche of topics about points.

February 10, 2009 3:21 pm
ciperl

ciperl

Automaton Tech

from Falls Church, VA
369 posts

But the surprising thing is that we haven't seen a massive post about why we don't need points... just posts about how to get points.  We are a greedy bunch here...

TEAM: RAINBOW ~ Rocking the Heist like a Multicolored Fool ~
~ twitter.com/benjaminbradley ~

February 10, 2009 3:23 pm
Plamen

Plamen

Automaton Tech

from Sofia, Bulgaria
169 posts

Yes, while I was AFK a became 25 points reacher. Wonder how that happened...

Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ smile

February 10, 2009 3:25 pm
step

step

Sky Pirate

from Georgia, US
1,787 posts

Nicely done post.  I posit that, in addition to the hour delay, there is another, random time delay for when points are added to your score.

I only posit that to cause more mayhem, of course.  wink

Whistle while you work.  Patience is key.

February 10, 2009 3:27 pm
oddjob

oddjob

Tinkerer

from London UK
35 posts

nice thought out list, it all seems a bit random, plenty of people posting loads and not getting many point, and some people on the leader board with hardly any posts, plus i wonder how they get round people spamming, and those who just post lots. Meh, a load of theories, but no real way of proving them especially with the delay in the points being added and actually doing anything.

Green Monkeys
Referral link: http://www.macheist.com/bundle/u/105003/

February 10, 2009 3:45 pm
babybandit

babybandit

Gearhead

from Hong Kong
93 posts

Wow... No one has found out anything yet? I've been looking at the HTML code the whole time! Nothing...

February 10, 2009 3:58 pm
reesmaxwell

reesmaxwell

Automaton Tech

from Eugene, OR
383 posts

@babybandit ... there are a few threads cautioning against peeking at source code.  It may result in temp or permanent ban .. don't do it, don't spoil the mystery!

So, I checked this morning and saw I was at 270 or so points, and now I'm at 286 .. I did nothing in that time.  Well, nothing I can think of anyway.

Maybe there are also points added each day to those who have been 'active'.  Whatever active means.  big_smile 

Until there is a new heist, I'm afraid the point mystery will be all I can think about.

Wait .. I did do something this morning .. I peeked around the different topics and read a few threads.  I guess that might have been enough to gain some points!

What? Another MacHeist adventure is upon us? Fantastic!

February 10, 2009 4:56 pm
aNkh

aNkh

Automaton Tech

from Germany
254 posts

aNkh wrote:

150 points after doing all puzzles. Still don't have points for uploading an avatar or posting something.

Now 293 points and rank 54. \o/
Don't know why, but cool. big_smile

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

February 10, 2009 5:02 pm
elDaz2

elDaz2

Automaton Tech

from Montreal, Qc
341 posts

jw051195 wrote:

Confirmed... Well Sort of. I have done all missions, and have had membership since the holidays... But with the post from a little bit ago, I now Have 10 Points! I can only Imagine people making blogs dedicated to the MH Point system.

10 to 232 since 7:08 AM this morning ... What did you do ????

Macheist team: Green Monkeys™ Thanks to jmk2012 and Yummy who used my referral (They both also got their 2 ! -> links removed from sig !)

February 10, 2009 5:14 pm
Lego6245

Lego6245

Gearhead

from New Jersey
97 posts

God help us. At least there is spam detection smile

Join the Revolution. Join the Enigma

February 10, 2009 5:50 pm
kalel

kalel

Big Game Hunter

from New York
560 posts

It is funny, even if the points don't do much, it is still cool to try to get your name on the front page if not for a moment. But I am sure there is something cool in store for points.

Get my sticker pack for iOS Messages!
binarynoir.com

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

February 10, 2009 5:58 pm
Meku

Meku

Automaton Tech

154 posts

xaledo wrote:

Honestly, I don't mind waiting. It gives me something to look forward to, and time to get to know other heisters tongue
My only complaint is that the points spurred this avalanche of topics about points.

I was kind of hoping bit faster pace then this. I do accept the pre-marketing period of the tree and decoding but now we should be in business. I'm just starting to think this years Heist might be very long one which is cool especially if we have these little mysteries coming up (test, the points etc.)

Proud Member of the BLUE Team™

February 10, 2009 6:02 pm
spoonman

spoonman

Gearhead

from Cleveland Ohio
51 posts

kalel wrote:

It is funny, even if the points don't do much, it is still cool to try to get your name on the front page if not for a moment. But I am sure there is something cool in store for points.

I like the theory I read somewhere else. That once we hit a cretin point level the next heist will start???

February 10, 2009 6:07 pm
DanyWho

DanyWho

Automaton Tech

from Germany
105 posts

hias wrote:

points for nothing and chicks for free!!!

Leave the apps and just give me the chicks than!;)

 Team Green Monkeys 

"Even thought Mac Users may be only 10% of market, always remember we are the top 10%." - Douglas Adams

February 10, 2009 6:09 pm
bobbykartoon

bobbykartoon

Automaton Tech

from Vancouver
466 posts

spoonman wrote:
kalel wrote:

I like the theory I read somewhere else. That once we hit a cretin point level the next heist will start???

Perhaps one of the reasons for the 'point thing' is to keep idle minds busy during the wait between missions, or at least, to change the topic of all the complaints! hmm

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he has learned in school" - Albert Einstein

February 10, 2009 6:15 pm
jordvisser

jordvisser

Automaton Tech

from Delft, The Netherlands
463 posts

just ignore the points and have fun, thats the best way to get them... i did nothing special and have been standing 1st for quite a time.. now 3rd

formerly known as igodelaputa
( http://www.macheist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=16129 )

February 10, 2009 6:18 pm
giacgbj

giacgbj

Tinkerer

from Bologna, Italy
47 posts

Point's system = many useless posts (like this one) smile.

ギアコモhttp://www.jhack.it/blog

February 10, 2009 6:39 pm
Braviojk

Braviojk

Automaton Tech

from Brazil
248 posts

I got almost 15 points after I created a new topic...  Don't know, just guessing... tongue

“For I dipped into the future, far as human eye could see, Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be”

February 10, 2009 6:41 pm
iGuy

iGuy

Urchin

5 posts

Number 808 on the leaderboard with 254 points. Let's see what changes after this! smile

February 10, 2009 6:51 pm
mooseworks

mooseworks

Automaton Tech

from Manchester UK
350 posts

reesmaxwell wrote:

@babybandit ... there are a few threads cautioning against peeking at source code.  It may result in temp or permanent ban .. don't do it, don't spoil the mystery!

@reesmaxwell

Wasn't it a warning not to try to reverse-engineer or post links that directly take you to loot - circumventing the puzzles in the process and activating loot without actually taking part??

I'm sure that they can't stop you / penalise you  from being inquisitive (or even be able to tell if you have)- I learned so much from looking at source code and using good bits on my own sites!!

http://www.mooseworks.co.uk/
http://blog.alexgreen.co.uk/
http://www.alexgreen.co.uk/

February 10, 2009 7:02 pm
semicolons

semicolons

Big Game Hunter

from UK
729 posts

It's at times like this that I want to think of a mildly amusing cynical comment.

February 10, 2009 7:11 pm
nesher.guy

nesher.guy

Gearhead

from Israel
54 posts

mooseworks wrote:

Wasn't it a warning not to try to reverse-engineer or post links that directly take you to loot - circumventing the puzzles in the process and activating loot without actually taking part??

Naaaa, we are not trying to "reverse-engineer" the point system.
We are just, ummm, well you know...

hmm....

Well...

/me slowly turns around and run away

If giving up the point of being grown i'd rather make belive

February 10, 2009 7:14 pm
nickph17

nickph17

Gearhead

from New Jersey, USA
50 posts

This definitely seems to be a great way to get people on the website longer.

The Purple Penetration

February 10, 2009 7:18 pm
ian2894

ian2894

Gearhead

from New York
59 posts

so posting really does bring it up?

February 10, 2009 7:51 pm
ian2894

ian2894

Gearhead

from New York
59 posts

what are the points for?

February 10, 2009 7:53 pm
vpr

vpr

Automaton Tech

from Wuhan, China
215 posts

thanks for the post - it really helped out.

_,.-~*'`'*~-.,_ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ _,.-~*'`'*~-.,_

February 10, 2009 8:04 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

I like my avatar. I don't think I'll change it even for points.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

February 10, 2009 8:56 pm
ciperl

ciperl

Automaton Tech

from Falls Church, VA
369 posts

Wasgo wrote:

I like my avatar. I don't think I'll change it even for points.

You could just upload the same avatar... thereby keeping your favorite avatar AND getting points.

TEAM: RAINBOW ~ Rocking the Heist like a Multicolored Fool ~
~ twitter.com/benjaminbradley ~

February 10, 2009 8:57 pm
axforts

axforts

Gearhead

from NY
52 posts

hmm, I wonder what the points will be used for....possibly for bonus content?  or extra tips during the missions?

MacHeist team:  Green Monkeys™ 
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power...

Green Lantern's light!

February 10, 2009 9:07 pm
sideoutmtb

sideoutmtb

Automaton Tech

from SoCal
175 posts

Anyone test the PM theory?  274 as of this post, just updated.  Will log off and check back.  Feel free to pm and see if that makes a difference to either point total.

Dropbox 250MB more free

February 10, 2009 9:20 pm
psyne

psyne

Tinkerer

from austin:tx
45 posts

I am still vexed.

Turkeys - The only animal smarter than man.
MacHeist Bundle Referral

February 10, 2009 9:36 pm
jimsteph

jimsteph

Automaton Tech

from Southern Arizona
199 posts

spoonman wrote:
kalel wrote:

There's a joke somewhere in that misspelling ... a funny, painful joke ...

I don't want to build character, I want to buy it pre-fabricated -- Roy Jacobsen
Team Green

February 10, 2009 9:37 pm
bobbykartoon

bobbykartoon

Automaton Tech

from Vancouver
466 posts

jimsteph wrote:
spoonman wrote:
kalel wrote:

There's a joke somewhere in that misspelling ... a funny, painful joke ...

yeah, it took a moment... wonder if it was intended? hmm

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he has learned in school" - Albert Einstein

February 10, 2009 9:50 pm
freelancing

freelancing

Tinkerer

22 posts

Perhaps it has to do with how many times someone responds to your post in the forums? Either way, they're not accrued right away. I gained a whole point today. Not sure what prompted that.

Sent from my iPhone 2G 
Go GrEeN møNkEy$, GO!
smile big_smile lol

February 10, 2009 9:58 pm
bekkamero

bekkamero

Gearhead

from Baltimore, MD
55 posts

if anyone noticed.. underneath you user name it says + 1.. maybe that's saying something???

I found it!!
The fruit Orange rhymes with the color Orange!! big_smile

February 10, 2009 10:07 pm
LaurentR

LaurentR

Sky Pirate

from Paris / France
1,643 posts

I don't know how it works, just that I've sent some im, changed my avatar, and participated to all the missions, and now I'm at 245 smile

Twitter
Get your Dropbox smile

February 10, 2009 10:16 pm
Gelu6713

Gelu6713

Automaton Tech

from Southern California
238 posts

these points pretty much seem to go out to people who are active in the community

Go Orange Team!

http://g-b.tumblr.com/

February 10, 2009 10:17 pm
emannolie

emannolie

Tinkerer

from adasdf
43 posts

i dont get this someone please explain

February 10, 2009 10:18 pm
elDaz2

elDaz2

Automaton Tech

from Montreal, Qc
341 posts

bekkamero wrote:

if anyone noticed.. underneath you user name it says + 1.. maybe that's saying something???

It just tells you that if you post, +1 gonna be added to you total post count ... Nothing to do with the point system ...

Macheist team: Green Monkeys™ Thanks to jmk2012 and Yummy who used my referral (They both also got their 2 ! -> links removed from sig !)

February 10, 2009 10:43 pm
sSasukeuUchiha

sSasukeuUchiha

Tinkerer

from Missouri
36 posts

I did all of the things on this list and still have the same number of points...

February 10, 2009 10:46 pm
bekkamero

bekkamero

Gearhead

from Baltimore, MD
55 posts

elDaz2 wrote:
bekkamero wrote:

It just tells you that if you post, +1 gonna be added to you total post count ... Nothing to do with the point system ...

is it possible to make a post that gives you more than +1 to you post count?

I found it!!
The fruit Orange rhymes with the color Orange!! big_smile

February 10, 2009 10:49 pm

diablokuba

Tinkerer

from Poland / Zabrze
20 posts

Thanks for the tips smile moust of them are working smile but what shall we become for the points ?

Go GREEN ! lets take over the lead ! Orange dosen't siut the main page ! big_smile big_smile big_smile

February 10, 2009 11:29 pm
chrischasecranecook

chrischasecranecook

Sky Pirate

from Shreveport, Louisiana
1,123 posts

bekkamero wrote:
elDaz2 wrote:
bekkamero wrote:

is it possible to make a post that gives you more than +1 to you post count?

No. Plain and simple. At least… from what I have ever heard.

Laissez les bon temps roulez!

February 10, 2009 11:31 pm
threestain

threestain

Urchin

from London
7 posts

this is interesting...

definitely a way of getting pretty good forums running faster!

www.drretard.co.uk

February 10, 2009 11:42 pm
kknupp

kknupp

Gearhead

50 posts

Cool!

~I am DEFINITELY a Mac GEEK!

February 10, 2009 11:47 pm
kyle.oshaughnessy

kyle.oshaughnessy

Gearhead

from Edmonton, Alberta
70 posts

yay i think i just got a point r two

February 10, 2009 11:50 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » How To Get Points

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?