Forums

No counter is not good.

MacHeist Forums » The Front » No counter is not good.
omagedon

omagedon

Gearhead

from Alberta, Canada
84 posts

Personally, I have no idea what the top guys are doing? If you remove the counter, people won't know if they should buy it or not. Why would people buy a software if the bonus is up already? 1K or 3K?

I bought MH2 bundle for support since I only used two programs from it so far (one gave it to a teacher who is in Multimedia).

I was planning to get this Parallels for fun but since it doesn't show how many it makes me not want to buy it since I won't get a bonus. It just pisses people off if it says 3K and to waste 50 or 40 bucks (if you count discount) and you can't get the 1K or 3K bonus.

Very bad move.

||| Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ |||

June 30, 2008 3:44 am
omagedon

omagedon

Gearhead

from Alberta, Canada
84 posts

Well, for me I was on Vacation and just got back and read my email but I guess its too late.

I don't really care about the wait, since its great for offering incentives to buy it fast

But come on show the COUNTER so if its past the limit people won't be regretting it because they just missed the bonus by a few buyers and they buy it for the bonus.

||| Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ |||

June 30, 2008 4:20 am
PAKennedy

PAKennedy

Big Game Hunter

from London, UK
667 posts

I have a problem throwing my money out there for mystery apps or the chance that I might get something great.

Mystery apps to be unveiled later in the sale annoy me to know end, but I understand the business aspect of it.

What really gets me though is what the OP mentioned: the lack of a counter.  If I think I'm dropping $50 for three apps and end up with one, I'll be thoroughly disappointed and would likely be dissuaded from ever participating, as a customer, in a sale like that ever again.  Leaving that up to speculation seems shady and low and is a big reason why I'm not buying this bundle (that and I'm not particularly intrigued by the apps.  Nothing can please all of the people all of the time and I'm ok with that).

Give a man fire, he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

June 30, 2008 4:30 am
mistersmith85

mistersmith85

Tinkerer

11 posts

This is my first time in the forum so I'm not sure this is right, but hopefully it will help.  If
you add headline to the end of the homepage url , (I can't post links as a forum noob) there is a counter up top.

In case it gets removed, as of 1am it specifically says 2,549 bundles sold, $27,060 raised for charity, 0 days 22 hours remaining.

June 30, 2008 4:58 am
ericssj

ericssj

Gearhead

from Mexico
82 posts

nice one!

Orange  -  En español es NARANJA

"We will rise!!!!!!!" - Archenemy \m/

June 30, 2008 5:02 am
boboboe

boboboe

from Eastern Canada
2,356 posts

Nice: http://www.macheist.com/headline

Counter is there now, I doubt Phill will have it removed so close to the end of the sale.

Flickr

June 30, 2008 5:06 am
ericssj

ericssj

Gearhead

from Mexico
82 posts

it has been removed

Orange  -  En español es NARANJA

"We will rise!!!!!!!" - Archenemy \m/

June 30, 2008 5:18 am
phillryu

phillryu

Administrator

1,569 posts

I'll post a thread here as soon as we hit 3000 for you guys. And in case you were wondering, the counter will be back for MacHeist 3.

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

June 30, 2008 10:52 am
boboboe

boboboe

from Eastern Canada
2,356 posts

I have been proved wrong.

Flickr

June 30, 2008 7:17 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Front » No counter is not good.

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?