Forums

Parallels + Mac Pilot + possible bonus app for early buyers... $39-$49

MacHeist Forums » The Front » Parallels + Mac Pilot + possible bonus app for early buyers... $39-$49

pintofguinness

Tinkerer

12 posts

drylight wrote:

So how does one know if they were one of the lucky first 1000? When I made my purchase my email had the following:

Mystery Bonus Application  ()
Name: ****
E-Mail: ****
Serial: Not yet revealed!

Am I correct in assuming that I'm one of the first 1000? Hope so.

Cheers,
Diego

When did you buy the bundle?

The referral link: https://www.macheist.com/buy/invite/94078
Thank you very much.

June 29, 2008 4:09 pm
justG

justG

Sky Pirate

from LI, NY, US
1,639 posts

@pintofguiness: Your question's answered in the other thread in which you posted it.

June 29, 2008 5:33 pm
snkhan

snkhan

Tinkerer

from Leicester, England
12 posts

My email was much like pintofguinness's (at the time the counter was showing ~360) but I have yet to receive my serial. Not in a hurry as I am contempt with VectorDesigner.

Sajid Nawaz Khan

June 29, 2008 8:37 pm
thatgeek

thatgeek

Gearhead

from texas, usa
52 posts

snkhan wrote:

I am contempt with VectorDesigner.

Freudian slip?

June 30, 2008 2:09 am
snkhan

snkhan

Tinkerer

from Leicester, England
12 posts

thatgeek wrote:
snkhan wrote:

I am contempt with VectorDesigner.

Freudian slip?

Oops! I meant to say I was happy with it big_smile

Edit: Received the serial for Lineform smile

Sajid Nawaz Khan

June 30, 2008 12:25 pm

LittleGreyMan

Tinkerer

22 posts

snkhan wrote:

Received the serial for Lineform smile

BTW, how did you get it?

I guess I am one of the happy few , as my receipt states:

Mystery Bonus Application  ()
Name: my name here
E-Mail: my mail here
Serial: Not yet revealed!

but no other news.

TIA

June 30, 2008 7:06 pm

ndegruchy

Tinkerer

from Jacksonville, FL
21 posts

What happens if we weren't logged into our MacHeist account when we made the purchase?  Can we get a $10 refund?

I just found out about this sad

June 30, 2008 7:32 pm
snkhan

snkhan

Tinkerer

from Leicester, England
12 posts

LittleGreyMan wrote:
snkhan wrote:

Received the serial for Lineform smile

BTW, how did you get it?

Hi buddy. On the home page, go to order lookup and enter your email address. You will then get an email with a discount code which when applied, will give you 100% discount at the store.

Sajid Nawaz Khan

June 30, 2008 11:18 pm

mahatmt

Urchin

1 posts

I would have bought Parallels but I already have it.  It is a great product.  For those who do not have Parallels, please do so in the next 40 minutes.  You will not regret it and price is sweet.

Looking forward to MacHeist 3.

July 1, 2008 3:23 am

LittleGreyMan

Tinkerer

22 posts

snkhan wrote:
LittleGreyMan wrote:
snkhan wrote:

Received the serial for Lineform smile

BTW, how did you get it?

Hi buddy. On the home page, go to order lookup and enter your email address. You will then get an email with a discount code which when applied, will give you 100% discount at the store.

Thanks. That's exactly what I expected. I already tried that, but il links to my MacHeist II bundle page.
I checked again, now that the sale has ended. Same result.

Phil?

TIA

July 1, 2008 6:47 am
caitlin

caitlin

Urchin

from Memphis, TN
5 posts

I don't see what the big deal is about Coda, anyway.

I'm a web developer; I've tried it on at least three separate occasions, and deleted it within a day. Textmate wins out over Coda, for me anyway.

July 1, 2008 8:27 am

LittleGreyMan

Tinkerer

22 posts

LittleGreyMan wrote:

Thanks. That's exactly what I expected. I already tried that, but il links to my MacHeist II bundle page.
I checked again, now that the sale has ended. Same result.

Phil?

TIA

OK, problem solved. Considering snkhan reply, I tried again, with the paypal address, and this one worked. Confusing, as the registration address was not the same, and was still linking to MHII serials.

Thanks snkhan.

July 1, 2008 8:40 am
justG

justG

Sky Pirate

from LI, NY, US
1,639 posts

caitlin wrote:

I don't see what the big deal is about Coda, anyway.

I'm a web developer; I've tried it on at least three separate occasions, and deleted it within a day. Textmate wins out over Coda, for me anyway.

Yay, I'm not alone! I've done the same. Kept giving it a go because everyone's so bloody gaga over it, but don't like it at all.

Ah well, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks 'n' all.

July 1, 2008 11:19 am

daniel670

Tinkerer

11 posts

So I didn't get the serial for lineform.....Does that mean that I bought the bundle too late? I had a LOT going on this weekend......:(

July 1, 2008 12:10 pm

timbriscoe

Urchin

1 posts

The email I received yesterday (and read today) was the first i'd heard of the Parallels offer. Can I still get in on the deal even though it's now July?

Please? And with the $10 discount for previous buyer? Pretty please?

July 1, 2008 3:04 pm

LittleGreyMan

Tinkerer

22 posts

daniel670 wrote:

So I didn't get the serial for lineform.....Does that mean that I bought the bundle too late? I had a LOT going on this weekend......:(

Dan,

If you see this:
Mystery Bonus Application  ()
Name: your name here
E-Mail: your mail here
Serial: Not yet revealed!

in your receipt, you'll get Lineform. See my previous posts in this topic. If not, you bought too late.

July 1, 2008 3:16 pm
snkhan

snkhan

Tinkerer

from Leicester, England
12 posts

timbriscoe wrote:

The email I received yesterday (and read today) was the first i'd heard of the Parallels offer. Can I still get in on the deal even though it's now July?

Please? And with the $10 discount for previous buyer? Pretty please?

I think the store will now be closed until MacHeist3 - sorry sad

Sajid Nawaz Khan

July 1, 2008 7:25 pm
BigMark

BigMark

Sky Pirate

from Kent, UK.
1,553 posts

The email I received yesterday (and read today) was the first i'd heard of the Parallels offer. Can I still get in on the deal even though it's now July?

Please? And with the $10 discount for previous buyer? Pretty please?

Same here... 11:30 last night was when it arrived and I was in bed.  The 1st I heard of this was today and I'm pretty upset about it.  I bought 2 licenses for Macheist II, 1 for my Mac owning Dad & 1 for me even though I didn't have a Mac yet.  I just bought my first Mac today (24" 2.8ghz 500gb iMac) and Parallels would help ease the transition from Vista.

What happened to any notification?

Mark.

July 1, 2008 8:31 pm
tjensen

tjensen

Automaton Tech

from CT, USA
111 posts

I have sent email to the Directorate08 and support along with a private message to phillryu and I have received no response to my requests. I suppose this is the best way to get support?

I have been in on the last two bundles early (early enough to get VooDoo Pad on the first) however, I never received the SoundStudio serial or T-shirt coupon. On the second bundle I was in the 600's so I should have qualified for Lineform and Kill Monty. My screen captured receipt (PDF) shows the "mystery bonus application" sans name and serial number. But this time I never received receipt via email for the second bundle as I did with the first.

I have tried to retrieve receipts/serials via website (Order Lookup), when I go to retrieve receipt/serial from website it keeps telling me it has been sent but there is nothing in my inbox and it is not getting stuck in the spam filter. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

July 3, 2008 2:16 am
snkhan

snkhan

Tinkerer

from Leicester, England
12 posts

tjensen wrote:

I have tried to retrieve receipts/serials via website (Order Lookup), when I go to retrieve receipt/serial from website it keeps telling me it has been sent but there is nothing in my inbox and it is not getting stuck in the spam filter.

Hi matey. You may already be doing this, but ensure you use the paypal address when using the 'Order Lookup' page. You will not receive a serial number for LineForm, SoundStudio or Kill Monty but a coupon code which will give you 100% discount on checkout.

Hope this helps.

Sajid Nawaz Khan

July 3, 2008 11:10 am

internetservices

Urchin

1 posts

I have the same question... my receipt said "Mystery Bonus Application" but I haven't heard anything since.... when is this going to be announced?

July 3, 2008 3:40 pm
tjensen

tjensen

Automaton Tech

from CT, USA
111 posts

snkhan wrote:

Hi matey. You may already be doing this, but ensure you use the paypal address when using the 'Order Lookup' page. You will not receive a serial number for LineForm, SoundStudio or Kill Monty but a coupon code which will give you 100% discount on checkout.

Hope this helps.

Thanks but didn't use PayPal.

and as to the previous post the Mystery App for the Parallels bundle was LineForm with Kill Monty as an added bonus.

July 3, 2008 4:59 pm

Capn Poptart

Urchin

1 posts

Didn't realize the deadline and now I realize I'm going to need Parallels next year for an online class. Anyone know where I can snag a cheaper copy somewhere? Amazon now lists it at $60 new, $48 used...

Thanks...

July 10, 2008 2:07 pm
justG

justG

Sky Pirate

from LI, NY, US
1,639 posts

You can get VMware Fusion for as low as $40ish with the current rebates going on. Unless you specifically need Parallels, you might consider it instead.

July 11, 2008 2:56 am
apaulio

apaulio

Tinkerer

11 posts

I've finally upgraded my machine from an old (but loved) ppc ibook to a newer Macbook.

Went to dl Parallels and found tht it's now on V4 and there's no link for any legacy downloads.

Any ideas? How can I now get Parallels 3 on my machine? Having something which would only be accessible for a couple of months seems a little extreme to me.

writer/doodler\youthworker.
Make me happy smile buy my books! (search Kercal on Play, Amazon and the rest).

November 14, 2008 2:16 pm
jer2665

jer2665

Big Game Hunter

from South Windsor, CT
800 posts

wow, that's pretty ridiculous they wouldn't offer older downloads, yet another reason I'm sticking with vmware fusion and not a big fan of parallels.

http://download.parallels.com/v3/en/GA/ … Mac-en.dmg
that's from the forum and it does download, and in the forums it looks like 5608 was the latest version of 3.0

wow...just found this in the forums too

http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=130193&postcount=10 wrote:

On phone with Parallels Support...
I am on the phone right now with Parallels support b/c I just upgraded and am getting the same error where you cannot convert the virtual machine.

Now, I am at work (my bad for thinking this would go smoothly) and I need Parallels up and running. I do not have the 3.0 software with me here and would have to go back home to get it. A wasted day for my client.

I asked Parallels support if they could point me to where I could download the 3.0 version and they told me that I am no longer legally allowed to install the 3.0 software and recommended that I do the following:

1. Google online to download 3.0 from a 3rd Party -- I'm not doing that!!! That's not safe!!!

2. Post a message here in the forum. OK. I'll let everybody know of the ridiculous situation you have put me in with your buggy software. Not cool Parallels!

Darron.

now I really don't like them.

My twitter

November 14, 2008 2:31 pm
Canisreevus

Canisreevus

Automaton Tech

from Flowood, MS
433 posts

Yea, I've decided against Parallels based on their support (or lack thereof) and shady behavior.  Because their software installed an unremovable file, their only solution was for me to buy iDefrag in order to move the file towards the front of the HD.

Signed,
Unhappy FORMER Parallels User

Get DropBox

November 14, 2008 2:38 pm
phillryu

phillryu

Moderator

1,569 posts

jer2665 wrote:

wow, that's pretty ridiculous they wouldn't offer older downloads, yet another reason I'm sticking with vmware fusion and not a big fan of parallels.

http://download.parallels.com/v3/en/GA/ … Mac-en.dmg
that's from the forum and it does download, and in the forums it looks like 5608 was the latest version of 3.0

wow...just found this in the forums too

http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=130193&postcount=10 wrote:

On phone with Parallels Support...
I am on the phone right now with Parallels support b/c I just upgraded and am getting the same error where you cannot convert the virtual machine.

Now, I am at work (my bad for thinking this would go smoothly) and I need Parallels up and running. I do not have the 3.0 software with me here and would have to go back home to get it. A wasted day for my client.

I asked Parallels support if they could point me to where I could download the 3.0 version and they told me that I am no longer legally allowed to install the 3.0 software and recommended that I do the following:

1. Google online to download 3.0 from a 3rd Party -- I'm not doing that!!! That's not safe!!!

2. Post a message here in the forum. OK. I'll let everybody know of the ridiculous situation you have put me in with your buggy software. Not cool Parallels!

Darron.

now I really don't like them.

Hmm not so cool. I did just confirm with my contact at Parallels though that the link is the latest version, etc. so you should be able to install 3.0 fine with that.

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

November 14, 2008 5:47 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Front » Parallels + Mac Pilot + possible bonus app for early buyers... $39-$49

Become an agent



Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)


As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

 

Login to MacHeist



As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?