Forums

Mac Heist III Begin Date

MacHeist Forums » The Front » Mac Heist III Begin Date

afterwords

Urchin

4 posts

Hey. Are the images on the front page a clue as to when III will begin? Vault opening and a part of the painting 'Son of Man' -- does this mean that the vault will open on the day the Son of Man was born, December 25th? Hmmmmmm.

December 21, 2008 2:16 am
squawky

squawky

Big Game Hunter

from Miskatonic University
775 posts

That particular painting was there for MHII (it was part of the one of the heists) - I don't think that's a clue.  (And the front page still refers to MHII, unless my browser cache is old...)

"I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues." -- Duke Ellington

December 21, 2008 2:39 am
JPDyson

JPDyson

Moderator

3,580 posts

It's not likely that those are clues, since they've been around as long as I've been around MacHeist (over a year).

I'm hoping for a post-Christmas start, but I don't have any inside information that leads me to believe that. I think it makes sense that the Directorate would wait until after The Giving Tree has run its course for this year, though that is historically a late start.

PM me | Twitter

December 21, 2008 4:36 am
spyker3292

spyker3292

Sky Pirate

from WI
1,728 posts

1/5/09

Been my guess for a long time.

Tweet! | Flickr
Go Green Monkeys Go!

December 21, 2008 5:10 am
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

squawky wrote:

That particular painting was there for MHII (it was part of the one of the heists) - I don't think that's a clue.

Sidenote: that was an awesome heist.

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

December 21, 2008 7:01 am
drtaru

drtaru

Moderator

from [REDACTED]
539 posts

Those have been there forever, MH III Will start on REDACTED

Sorry, I'm forbidden to say anything else.

---- Andrew Clark Macheist Moderator ----
MaxJG: i just imagined your computer sticking it's finger down it's throat and vomiting up oracle-owned bile
MaxJG: it was weird

December 21, 2008 7:55 am
JPDyson

JPDyson

Moderator

3,580 posts

drtaru wrote:

Those have been there forever, MH III Will start on REDACTED

Sorry, I'm forbidden to say anything else.

You're evil. Some of these newbs might believe you actually know something.

PM me | Twitter

December 21, 2008 1:03 pm
dmdzine

dmdzine

Big Game Hunter

from 127.0.0.1
638 posts

Why is this thread in the Backroom?

Website | Flickr | Twitter | Last.fm

December 21, 2008 1:13 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

Moderator

3,580 posts

The original poster does talk about clues and such with regard to the first heist... the only other place I could think of is the Lounge, but it's more on-topic than the Lounge typically is.

PM me | Twitter

December 21, 2008 1:27 pm
drtaru

drtaru

Moderator

from [REDACTED]
539 posts

jpdyson wrote:
drtaru wrote:

Those have been there forever, MH III Will start on REDACTED

Sorry, I'm forbidden to say anything else.

You're evil. Some of these newbs might believe you actually know something.

Who says I don't?

---- Andrew Clark Macheist Moderator ----
MaxJG: i just imagined your computer sticking it's finger down it's throat and vomiting up oracle-owned bile
MaxJG: it was weird

December 21, 2008 7:20 pm
dmdzine

dmdzine

Big Game Hunter

from 127.0.0.1
638 posts

jpdyson wrote:

The original poster does talk about clues and such with regard to the first heist... the only other place I could think of is the Lounge, but it's more on-topic than the Lounge typically is.

How about the Front room? That's what that is for.

Website | Flickr | Twitter | Last.fm

December 21, 2008 8:13 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

Moderator

3,580 posts

dmdzine wrote:
jpdyson wrote:

The original poster does talk about clues and such with regard to the first heist... the only other place I could think of is the Lounge, but it's more on-topic than the Lounge typically is.

How about the Front room? That's what that is for.

You're absolutely right... the Front Room is for "general MacHeist discussion, speculation, and feedback". I'm moving it there since it's the best fit.

PM me | Twitter

December 21, 2008 8:17 pm
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

drtaru wrote:
jpdyson wrote:
drtaru wrote:

Those have been there forever, MH III Will start on REDACTED

Sorry, I'm forbidden to say anything else.

You're evil. Some of these newbs might believe you actually know something.

Who says I don't?

Me.

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

December 21, 2008 8:48 pm
WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Dirigible Captain

from a cliff in the arctic ocean.
2,847 posts

hehe lol

(favourite paradox) This page intentionally left blank.

December 21, 2008 9:25 pm
newsdork

newsdork

Sky Pirate

from Tennessee
1,477 posts

johnred wrote:
drtaru wrote:

Who says I don't?

Me.

Wow. Totally and definitively answered. Classic definition of pwnd.

Sometimes I feel so blue
It makes me twitter.

December 21, 2008 9:49 pm
drtaru

drtaru

Moderator

from [REDACTED]
539 posts

johnred wrote:
drtaru wrote:
jpdyson wrote:

You're evil. Some of these newbs might believe you actually know something.

Who says I don't?

Me.

:[

Ruining my hype generating fun. tongue

Anywhoo, I'm sure all the IRC Ops/Forum Mods will be notified about a day before it hits, due to the influx of IRC users we'll have when the site goes boom.

---- Andrew Clark Macheist Moderator ----
MaxJG: i just imagined your computer sticking it's finger down it's throat and vomiting up oracle-owned bile
MaxJG: it was weird

December 21, 2008 9:49 pm
epifany

epifany

Big Game Hunter

from Dallas, Texas
554 posts

drtaru wrote:
johnred wrote:
drtaru wrote:

Who says I don't?

Me.

:[

Ruining my hype generating fun. tongue

Anywhoo, I'm sure all the IRC Ops/Forum Mods will be notified about a day before it hits, due to the influx of IRC users we'll have when the site goes boom.

HA HA!!!!  That was funny tongue

Facebooks Emoticons Made Easy!

www.ORGANICPIXELS.net

December 22, 2008 7:58 am

tomoliveri

Urchin

6 posts

i wouldnt open it up on dec25 if i was them.. this should be a religion neutral event

December 22, 2008 8:38 am
Adrammelech

Adrammelech

Big Game Hunter

from Gallifrey
626 posts

tomoliveri wrote:

i wouldnt open it up on dec25 if i was them.. this should be a religion neutral event

Christmas is about religion?! I thought it was about getting gifts!!

There goes my Christmas, I ain't celebrating it again!!!
cool

Referrals:
Free*My*Apps: Discover great iOS apps. Get rewarded!
FreeAppSlots: Play Slots & WIN!
Bing Rewards: Search Bing, earn credits towards rewards!

December 22, 2008 9:28 am
esherm95

esherm95

Gearhead

58 posts

Personally, I think the new heist will start before the new year.
Here are my top 5 most probable dates:
1.Christmas Day (at 12:00 am)
2.New Years Day (at 12:00 am)
3.New Years Eve (around an hour before the ball drops)
4.Christmas Eve (around an hour before the ball drops)
5.The Monday between Christmas and New Years (at 12:00 am)

http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=996600

December 22, 2008 12:05 pm
rail16

rail16

Automaton Tech

from Scotland
140 posts

while i have no idea of a date, i do feel that it will be during this year, 2008, because of what johnred said in this post

johnred wrote:

I feel that just this year's loot will be better than any competing bundle in general. I hope you all agree.

December 22, 2008 3:17 pm
Jublins

Jublins

Gearhead

from Ann Arbor
70 posts

either way i can't wait

December 23, 2008 3:10 am
JazzJohannes

JazzJohannes

Tinkerer

22 posts

rail16 wrote:

while i have no idea of a date, i do feel that it will be during this year, 2008, because of what johnred said in:
macheist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=128020#p128020

johnred wrote:

I feel that just this year's loot will be better than any competing bundle in general. I hope you all agree.

Well, johnred was referring to the Christmas Tree Loot, which was also last year, so sorry, I think you misread him there. I wish it were true though wink

Little Green Man don't exist, but only because Mulder is red-green color blind!

December 31, 2008 12:03 am
Bloake

Bloake

Automaton Tech

from Long Island, NY
269 posts

What time would the heist begin?

Hi smile

December 31, 2008 1:23 am
delano

delano

Automaton Tech

from Alabama
462 posts

At the time deemed appropriate.

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who read binary; and those who don't.

December 31, 2008 4:23 am
boboboe

boboboe

Moderator

from Eastern Canada
2,356 posts

rail16 wrote:

while i have no idea of a date, i do feel that it will be during this year, 2008, because of what johnred said in this post

johnred wrote:

I feel that just this year's loot will be better than any competing bundle in general. I hope you all agree.

I think when he said "this year" he meant thiis year's MacHeisting season, not the year that is is now.

Flickr

December 31, 2008 5:29 am
Loufute

Loufute

Automaton Tech

from Belgium
215 posts

I'm pretty sure it won't start before 2009.
It's easy to say that now, but i've thought that for a while (even if when the directorate post an heist i beleive that it's beginning big_smile)

I was thinking about January the first... But i'll see :-)

I just hope it won't, it's one of the days that i 'll probably not be able to connect...

French speaker trying to improve his english, solve riddles and get free applications wink
...So, correct me wink
And, yeah, I'm orange smile

December 31, 2008 9:14 am
Lokodude

Lokodude

Automaton Tech

from Norway
125 posts

I say: Bring it on!
big_smile

By night we sail, by dawn we fight!

December 31, 2008 12:56 pm
pablo.varela

pablo.varela

Tinkerer

from Madrid
20 posts

Well. At least in Japan is starting in 2009.

Rookie MacHeister -- Go Purple Team!

December 31, 2008 3:15 pm
Lego6245

Lego6245

Gearhead

from New Jersey
97 posts

Well, the giving tree is about to end, judging by the twitter announcement, so the heist cant be far behind!

Join the Revolution. Join the Enigma

December 31, 2008 10:04 pm
forevermac

forevermac

Automaton Tech

from The Interwebz
496 posts

@Johnred- Great! So how about telling us to kill a thread for practise.

@Lego- I kinda doubt it, actually.

Wow. MacHeist 4. I can't believe it's actually happening.
Unfortunately, it looks like I'm sitting this one out because of aggressive version requirements. It's been real.

December 31, 2008 10:18 pm
spyker3292

spyker3292

Sky Pirate

from WI
1,728 posts

Bloake wrote:

What time would the heist begin?

They like to keep us up late at night (grrr.....).

@ Drtaru: Pwnd

Tweet! | Flickr
Go Green Monkeys Go!

January 1, 2009 5:20 am

Aflascter

Urchin

5 posts

I hope the organizers read this threads:
I think the delaying of the event to such a late time, it is 2009, (if happening at all) without any notice from the "dictatorate" as to when to approximately expect a start is very much a lack of respect for our time. We are willing to make this year's heist great by participating massively in it and checking macheist regularly therefore investing a lot of time and yet, not only nothing has happened by now, but also no message is telling us that it may start soon (or that it is not happening). I feel that the time I have invested here in the last weeks has been lost and that there was no regard for that matter from the hosts of the event. I do not mean to be whining. But I value my time, and many others do; I think that this was not well organized (I am starting to think it has not started because they have problems internally) and I am not willing to commit more time here in the eventuality that something may possibly happen. I am sure many others also feel strongly about this.

January 1, 2009 3:34 pm
jer2665

jer2665

Big Game Hunter

from South Windsor, CT
800 posts

um...there's no set time that macheist starts, yeah the last 2 began before new years, but that's not because it's "macheist 2007" it is just when it falls.  all you can expect from them is that it's "sometime around the end of the year" no one was promised any dates that have passed.

even more so, you can spend your time doing whatever you want, if you're a member you'll get an email when everything starts, or follow the rss feed, or twitter feed or any of those things that let you know when things start.  if you've ben "investing" your time here the last few weeks that's on you.

My twitter

January 1, 2009 3:37 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

Moderator

3,580 posts

Aflascter wrote:

I hope the organizers read this threads:
I think the delaying of the event to such a late time, it is 2009, (if happening at all) without any notice from the "dictatorate" as to when to approximately expect a start is very much a lack of respect for our time. We are willing to make this year's heist great by participating massively in it and checking macheist regularly therefore investing a lot of time and yet, not only nothing has happened by now, but also no message is telling us that it may start soon (or that it is not happening). I feel that the time I have invested here in the last weeks has been lost and that there was no regard for that matter from the hosts of the event. I do not mean to be whining. But I value my time, and many others do; I think that this was not well organized (I am starting to think it has not started because they have problems internally) and I am not willing to commit more time here in the eventuality that something may possibly happen. I am sure many others also feel strongly about this.

To me, it seems as though you've levied unfair expectations onto MacHeist and the Directorate. You've made assumptions that things were starting sooner than they were, and now you're disappointed because YOUR expectations weren't met. I'll leave alone how self-centered a worldview this is, and move right to the point: relax. Stop checking the site everyday, and wait for MacHeist to let you know it's time to get started. Follow them on Twitter, add them to your feed reader, and keep an eye on your email. They will let you know when it's starting.

Also, having been here before, the wait is always worth it. These guys are good at what they do, so if they're taking this long, it's likely because it requires this much time. So, relax. You won't miss anything.

PM me | Twitter

January 1, 2009 4:07 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Aflascter wrote:

I hope the organizers read this threads:
I think the delaying of the event to such a late time, it is 2009, (if happening at all) without any notice from the "dictatorate" as to when to approximately expect a start is very much a lack of respect for our time. We are willing to make this year's heist great by participating massively in it and checking macheist regularly therefore investing a lot of time and yet, not only nothing has happened by now, but also no message is telling us that it may start soon (or that it is not happening). I feel that the time I have invested here in the last weeks has been lost and that there was no regard for that matter from the hosts of the event. I do not mean to be whining. But I value my time, and many others do; I think that this was not well organized (I am starting to think it has not started because they have problems internally) and I am not willing to commit more time here in the eventuality that something may possibly happen. I am sure many others also feel strongly about this.

Have fun.

Website | Twitter

January 1, 2009 4:13 pm
definetheline

definetheline

Sky Pirate

from Canada
1,512 posts

jpdyson wrote:

To me, it seems as though you've levied unfair expectations onto MacHeist and the Directorate. You've made assumptions that things were starting sooner than they were, and now you're disappointed because YOUR expectations weren't met. I'll leave alone how self-centered a worldview this is, and move right to the point: relax. Stop checking the site everyday, and wait for MacHeist to let you know it's time to get started. Follow them on Twitter, add them to your feed reader, and keep an eye on your email. They will let you know when it's starting.

Also, having been here before, the wait is always worth it. These guys are good at what they do, so if they're taking this long, it's likely because it requires this much time. So, relax. You won't miss anything.

+1

You can't be late for something you never set a due date for… The Giving Tree (very much a bonus in my eyes) is still going on, for goodness sake.

the greatest blog known to mankind / twitter / flickr

January 1, 2009 4:13 pm
WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Dirigible Captain

from a cliff in the arctic ocean.
2,847 posts

definetheline wrote:
jpdyson wrote:

To me, it seems as though you've levied unfair expectations onto MacHeist and the Directorate. You've made assumptions that things were starting sooner than they were, and now you're disappointed because YOUR expectations weren't met. I'll leave alone how self-centered a worldview this is, and move right to the point: relax. Stop checking the site everyday, and wait for MacHeist to let you know it's time to get started. Follow them on Twitter, add them to your feed reader, and keep an eye on your email. They will let you know when it's starting.

Also, having been here before, the wait is always worth it. These guys are good at what they do, so if they're taking this long, it's likely because it requires this much time. So, relax. You won't miss anything.

+1

You can't be late for something you never set a due date for… The Giving Tree (very much a bonus in my eyes) is still going on, for goodness sake.

Well said, both of you.

I'm not going to stop checking MacHeist.com on a "daily" basis - but then I'm not checking when the heists start, I'm participating in a community full of people I like to communicate with smile On its own, that's a privilege. The heists are a value added bonus which comes around when it's ripe enough to be consumed wink

(favourite paradox) This page intentionally left blank.

January 1, 2009 4:31 pm
willabbotsm

willabbotsm

Tinkerer

13 posts

Mac Heist III will begin.....


soon smile

"I am faster than 80% of all snakes" -Dwight Schrute

January 1, 2009 5:00 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

Moderator

3,580 posts

WhiteFang wrote:

I'm not going to stop checking MacHeist.com on a "daily" basis - but then I'm not checking when the heists start, I'm participating in a community full of people I like to communicate with smile On its own, that's a privilege. The heists are a value added bonus which comes around when it's ripe enough to be consumed wink

+1

This is pretty much the only message board I frequent, and I have some responsibility here, so I'm around most every day. Other than that, the heist will come when they get here. But I enjoy this place just as much in the off season.

PM me | Twitter

January 1, 2009 5:32 pm
Loufute

Loufute

Automaton Tech

from Belgium
215 posts

Personnally i'm waitin the begining like children 're waiting Christmas.
But i'm not disappointed by the fact it hans't started (even if every day without MH'starts is improving the possibility that i miss all the fun [exams begin next monday])

But i've learned a lot of thing, had fun and other just by talking with mh members. And i can't imagine that you're complaining about something that'll give you free apps during the next weeks... It's unbielivable ! They never gave a date, and they can start when they want, it's their site, their activity and it's for us.

Just wait. And if your parents did'nt learn you what's 'waiting', just leave MacHeist, it won't be a probleme for the directorate, i promise.

French speaker trying to improve his english, solve riddles and get free applications wink
...So, correct me wink
And, yeah, I'm orange smile

January 1, 2009 10:20 pm
micheldevon

micheldevon

Automaton Tech

from Austin
109 posts

Part of me was hoping I'd wake up this morning and see an email in my inbox saying "Happy New Year, Go get your first briefing"

However, even though there wasn't one, I'm not angry or disappointed or whatever. It'll start when it starts. I am excited to participate in the heists this year. I missed them last year, found out about it too late. Still bought the bundle, but missed the interactive part.

Go Team ORANGE!

January 1, 2009 10:33 pm
Bloake

Bloake

Automaton Tech

from Long Island, NY
269 posts

Yeah, I've been checking MacHeist every 2 hours just to see if the Heist started. It's the feeling that it has to start any day now...

Hi smile

January 2, 2009 1:37 am
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

Aflascter wrote:

I hope the organizers read this threads:
I think the delaying of the event to such a late time, it is 2009, (if happening at all) without any notice from the "dictatorate" as to when to approximately expect a start is very much a lack of respect for our time. We are willing to make this year's heist great by participating massively in it and checking macheist regularly therefore investing a lot of time and yet, not only nothing has happened by now, but also no message is telling us that it may start soon (or that it is not happening). I feel that the time I have invested here in the last weeks has been lost and that there was no regard for that matter from the hosts of the event. I do not mean to be whining. But I value my time, and many others do; I think that this was not well organized (I am starting to think it has not started because they have problems internally) and I am not willing to commit more time here in the eventuality that something may possibly happen. I am sure many others also feel strongly about this.

Didn't Santa bring you an RSS reader this year?? I suggest you use it.

Missions are almost never pre-announced. Stick around and you'll get used to how things work. Or not... it's your choice.

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

January 2, 2009 9:59 am
Loufute

Loufute

Automaton Tech

from Belgium
215 posts

johnred wrote:

Missions are almost never pre-announced. Stick around and you'll get used to how things work. Or not... it's your choice.

And not a little thing to let us know if it would be within days or weeks or months..

French speaker trying to improve his english, solve riddles and get free applications wink
...So, correct me wink
And, yeah, I'm orange smile

January 2, 2009 10:09 am
JPDyson

JPDyson

Moderator

3,580 posts

johnred wrote:

Missions are almost never pre-announced. Stick around and you'll get used to how things work. Or not... it's your choice.

I think he means that the Directorate doesn't give you ADVANCED warning, but when a mission starts, there will be a Twitter update, an RSS update, an email, etc... something like this.

PM me | Twitter

January 2, 2009 11:59 am

Jimmni

Gearhead

78 posts

I for one am getting bored. Not saying anyone is at fault, but there's only so much waiting you can do. And I'm getting increasingly worried that MacHeist will fall between now and the 25th, when I next get paid. Nothing but absolutely vital spending between now and then... I ended up spending hundreds more on Christmas presents than I expected.

Unless MacHeist ever respond to my offer of my small app as a bonus item, but neither MacHeist nor MacUpdate ever bothered to respond. Never mind!

January 2, 2009 11:59 am
megamoose

megamoose

Tinkerer

13 posts

My theory has been that they'll wait for MacWorld to start so they could include something that will be released at the show. With MacWorld starting Monday, I'm crossing my fingers that MH will start this weekend.

January 2, 2009 2:28 pm
delano

delano

Automaton Tech

from Alabama
462 posts

Whenever the Heist would begin, I'll be happy.  We get free software and the excitement of solving puzzles, or following others who are so much smarter than we are (or at least have  more time on their hands).  I enjoy the Heist (this would be my second), and am thankful we have it.  Whatever the reason for the wait, it's a good one.

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who read binary; and those who don't.

January 2, 2009 2:44 pm
jdhoss

jdhoss

Big Game Hunter

from Minnesota
963 posts

Hey, I think the front page logo changed.

Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. - Benjamin Disraeli
BundleSite.com
Twitter
JD's Complete MacHeist Desktop Wallpaper Collection

January 2, 2009 3:05 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Front » Mac Heist III Begin Date

Become an agent



Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)


As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

 

Login to MacHeist



As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?