Forums

Machine number for iConquer

MacHeist Forums » The Apps » Machine number for iConquer
drtth

drtth

Tinkerer

from South Eastern PA
49 posts

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable at giving kavasoft their machine ID number without having any idea of how secure their database might be?  Or am I just being Paranoid about security.

Things Change!

December 31, 2008 10:33 pm
forevermac

forevermac

Automaton Tech

from The Interwebz
496 posts

Most of us haven't received the code yet, so most of us don't care. Anyway, judging by the way the Kavasoft server went down when the Giving Tree went on it wouldn't stand up to most attacks.

Don't worry, I'm paranoid enough to use special emails for everything and read the Security Configuration guide, so...

Wow. MacHeist 4. I can't believe it's actually happening.
Unfortunately, it looks like I'm sitting this one out because of aggressive version requirements. It's been real.

December 31, 2008 10:42 pm
drtth

drtth

Tinkerer

from South Eastern PA
49 posts

According to their email which I just got they exchange the code for your machine ID number.

Things Change!

December 31, 2008 10:45 pm
squawky

squawky

Big Game Hunter

from Miskatonic University
775 posts

The computer number for my machine (from the iConquer app registration dialog) is rather different from it's MAC address.  There might well be some encryption in the program itself.

Of course, I haven't gotten the email yet, so can't be 100% sure.

"I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues." -- Duke Ellington

December 31, 2008 11:13 pm
drtth

drtth

Tinkerer

from South Eastern PA
49 posts

squawky wrote:

The computer number for my machine (from the iConquer app registration dialog) is rather different from it's MAC address.  There might well be some encryption in the program itself.

Ahhh...  I see that now.  Thanks for catching that.

Things Change!

January 1, 2009 1:29 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Apps » Machine number for iConquer

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?