Forums

Overflow (Mission 2)

MacHeist Forums » The Apps » Overflow (Mission 2)
WebKarnage

WebKarnage

Big Game Hunter

from UK
776 posts

CraftyHeist wrote:

One good thing about Overflow is that adding apps to it I have realised just how many I never use and need to uninstall!

i can see this being handy for the opening apps that I don't often use and forget the names of and with this, rather than just using folder/alias's, I can easily recognise the app by name and icon.

Would be great if you could switch between categories with the mouse's scroll wheel.

Erm... a folder of aliases dragged to the dock looks just like it in Leopard. If you have Tiger this is useful, in Leopard it's just pretty.

The Optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds, the Pessimist fears this is true.

February 28, 2009 2:29 pm
Pace

Pace

Automaton Tech

from Brussels, Belgium
311 posts

WebKarnage wrote:

Erm... a folder of aliases dragged to the dock looks just like it in Leopard.

Especially if you replace the "alias" badge with a blank icon tongue

Peter "Pace" Craddock

Arpia.be - twaddle, music, novels and Arpia stuff.

February 28, 2009 2:46 pm
flec65

flec65

Big Game Hunter

from Montréal QC
504 posts

fr0stbyt wrote:

For instance, if you are going to be working on a magazine using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign... you could have those 3 items, along with any other handy graphics tools, categorized for quick access.  I don't know about you guys, but rarely do I open a 40MB graphic in Photoshop, have a large vector file open and try to work in InDesign all at once.  Adobe products are too memory hungry and they get sluggish even on the best machines.

I'm doing this ALL the time! Oh wait, I am working on a magazine... tongue I believe this is what's happening when you're working on print vs web design. Really, all that you need is the more RAM you can afford...

I have to admit that I have tried it in the past, but as pretty as Overflow is, this one is not for me. Too much mouse clicks to get what you want IMHO. I much prefer LaunchBar or Quicksilver for launching apps. But I can see why people might like it...

February 28, 2009 2:54 pm
delano

delano

Automaton Tech

from Alabama
462 posts

I've been using Overflow for a number of years now, and I have always found it really easy to use.  I installed Quicksilver, and in comparison I guess for opening applications, Quicksilver would serve the keyboard crowd while Overflow serves the gui crowd. 

Both programs require at least two steps to starting a program: a way of opening them (click on icon for Overflow, hotkeys for Quicksilver) and selecting the program to run.  In Overflow you click on the icon, and it runs.  In Quicksilver, you type a key or two, then hit return.  If your looking for time savers, I guess it all depends on how quick you are with the keyboard or mouse.

I understand that Quicksilver can do a bunch of other things, most of which are way beyond my abilities to utilize, so for me it's about a 50/50 split in usefulness.  I use whichever suits my fancy at the moment.

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who read binary; and those who don't.

February 28, 2009 3:08 pm
tjensen

tjensen

Automaton Tech

from CT, USA
111 posts

Overflow has been my most used app from MH2. Helps to keep clutter out of the dock. I think many will benefit from it's use. Thanks.

February 28, 2009 3:37 pm
cmason

cmason

Sky Pirate

from Toronto, Canada
1,344 posts

delano wrote:

I've been using Overflow for a number of years now, and I have always found it really easy to use.  I installed Quicksilver, and in comparison I guess for opening applications, Quicksilver would serve the keyboard crowd while Overflow serves the gui crowd. 

Both programs require at least two steps to starting a program: a way of opening them (click on icon for Overflow, hotkeys for Quicksilver) and selecting the program to run.  In Overflow you click on the icon, and it runs.  In Quicksilver, you type a key or two, then hit return.  If your looking for time savers, I guess it all depends on how quick you are with the keyboard or mouse.

I understand that Quicksilver can do a bunch of other things, most of which are way beyond my abilities to utilize, so for me it's about a 50/50 split in usefulness.  I use whichever suits my fancy at the moment.

You can hide overflow from the dock and trigger it with a hotkey.  This looks like a good way to launch my games, since a lot of them are in folders or subfolders and I can easily put them all together.

February 28, 2009 3:45 pm
KristenM

KristenM

Automaton Tech

from Storrs, CT, USA
292 posts

So happy to get this! I missed it with MH2 and have been doing the trial for the past week. I was planning on buying it so I'm thrilled to get it!

Get 2GB + 250MB of space free with DropBox!

February 28, 2009 3:55 pm
jcure

jcure

Tinkerer

46 posts

This app looks great!  I think that it will really fit into my workflow.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

February 28, 2009 4:16 pm
bearinggirl

bearinggirl

Automaton Tech

from Pittsburgh
176 posts

I'll definitely get a lot of use out of this app.  My dock was way too busy with the additions of all the MacHeist loot.
Thanks!

February 28, 2009 4:17 pm
higs

higs

Tinkerer

from USA
23 posts

phillryu wrote:
higs wrote:

No email and my address is correct in my profile(and active).  Is there any way I can generate another one?

Thanks.

Hang tight for an hour or so maybe, there's definitely a chance the email could be a little delayed, now with a ton of people hitting it up at once. (or of course, it may've been spammed.)

ok, waited over night no email.  Is there a way to get another license generated?

Green Team!

February 28, 2009 4:26 pm
cmason

cmason

Sky Pirate

from Toronto, Canada
1,344 posts

higs wrote:
phillryu wrote:
higs wrote:

No email and my address is correct in my profile(and active).  Is there any way I can generate another one?

Thanks.

Hang tight for an hour or so maybe, there's definitely a chance the email could be a little delayed, now with a ton of people hitting it up at once. (or of course, it may've been spammed.)

ok, waited over night no email.  Is there a way to get another license generated?

Did you check your spam/junk folder?

February 28, 2009 4:29 pm
higs

higs

Tinkerer

from USA
23 posts

cmason wrote:
higs wrote:
phillryu wrote:

Did you check your spam/junk folder?

yes, it was not flagged as spam/junk. 

I clicked on that button about 15 secs after the heist went live.  If I had to guess, I would say that the request got munged up do to the traffic/load.

Green Team!

February 28, 2009 4:35 pm
Vanilla-Gorilla

Vanilla-Gorilla

Automaton Tech

from Germany, Berlin
125 posts

Hmm, Overflow seems to be usefull! I will give it a try now.

Team Green Monkeys™: "It's monkey business!!!"
Support the Sea of Green: "Democracy for Iran"

February 28, 2009 4:45 pm

nutmac

Urchin

from Mountain View, CA
3 posts

higs wrote:

I clicked on that button about 15 secs after the heist went live.  If I had to guess, I would say that the request got munged up do to the traffic/load.

I, too, have yet to receive license in the email (it's been about 12 hours or so).

February 28, 2009 4:53 pm
notyoubutme

notyoubutme

Automaton Tech

from Land of the windmills
374 posts

It supprized me that this app survived after Leopard came with stacks...
I used it in the past but currently mostly lauch app's from the dock  and those less often used with QS.

But thanks anyway, I can understand that for a lot this spp is very usefull and it looks still very good..

February 28, 2009 5:00 pm
ModOps

ModOps

Urchin

from Houston, TX
6 posts

Well I waited overnight for a license and still don't have one - it's not in my junk folder and the address on file with MH is correct.

And I still don't see any other button other than "Download" on the Overflow Loot page.

February 28, 2009 5:11 pm
phillryu

phillryu

Administrator

1,569 posts

nutmac, ModOps, can you post your situations in this thread I just started in the support forums? (And for anyone else reading this thread who are having issues finding their Overflow license.)

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

February 28, 2009 5:17 pm
JMarkevich

JMarkevich

Sky Pirate

from Halifax, Canada
1,188 posts

nutmac wrote:

Other than Download button, there is no other button on Overflow loot page. Area next to "Your license" is empty. How do I trigger license to be emailed to out? Thanks.

I get the same thing, my email is valid but it doesn't parse it, or something.  It just says "Your License".

"You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?"
Get Dropbox. You need it!

February 28, 2009 5:22 pm
CraftyHeist

CraftyHeist

Automaton Tech

308 posts

WebKarnage wrote:
CraftyHeist wrote:

One good thing about Overflow is that adding apps to it I have realised just how many I never use and need to uninstall!

i can see this being handy for the opening apps that I don't often use and forget the names of and with this, rather than just using folder/alias's, I can easily recognise the app by name and icon.

Would be great if you could switch between categories with the mouse's scroll wheel.

Erm... a folder of aliases dragged to the dock looks just like it in Leopard. If you have Tiger this is useful, in Leopard it's just pretty.

Don't have leopard as yet, I like the fact that I can open overflow from one of the spare buttons on my mouse without having to go to the dock though. Could you do this with Leopard?

February 28, 2009 5:58 pm
SmrtPnts

SmrtPnts

Tinkerer

32 posts

Overflow looks pretty nice to me. Tweaked the icon spacing to suit me, added a hot key and set it to pop up by the mouse cursor. Sweet.

I'll gladly take another license for my laptop from one of you guys who think it's not useful. wink

Blue?

February 28, 2009 5:58 pm

mynameisraj

what's sad is like webbla, this will die with snow leopard's new stacks. I love it for now though big_smile

February 28, 2009 6:49 pm
cmason

cmason

Sky Pirate

from Toronto, Canada
1,344 posts

mynameisraj wrote:

what's sad is like webbla, this will die with snow leopard's new stacks. I love it for now though big_smile

I still don't see how this replaces stacks.  You can have Applications in subfolders or subfolders of subfolders, so just bringing up a stack view of Applications isn't the same as having a quick menu of the actual app icons themselves (no matter where they are on the filesystem) to click on.

Besides, I don't use stacks, but I still am finding this useful for launching apps I don't use all the time (and games) that don't sit in my dock.

February 28, 2009 6:51 pm
fr0stbyt

fr0stbyt

Automaton Tech

from Ridgeland, MS
468 posts

flec65 wrote:
fr0stbyt wrote:

For instance, if you are going to be working on a magazine using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign... you could have those 3 items, along with any other handy graphics tools, categorized for quick access.  I don't know about you guys, but rarely do I open a 40MB graphic in Photoshop, have a large vector file open and try to work in InDesign all at once.  Adobe products are too memory hungry and they get sluggish even on the best machines.

I'm doing this ALL the time! Oh wait, I am working on a magazine... tongue I believe this is what's happening when you're working on print vs web design. Really, all that you need is the more RAM you can afford...

I have to admit that I have tried it in the past, but as pretty as Overflow is, this one is not for me. Too much mouse clicks to get what you want IMHO. I much prefer LaunchBar or Quicksilver for launching apps. But I can see why people might like it...

I don't like QuickSilver at all.

But that's why there are so many different apps... to fit the needs of different people.

Twitter | Get Dropbox

February 28, 2009 7:26 pm
joannaw

joannaw

Gearhead

from EU
70 posts

Seems to be really useful. I definitely need to try Overflow smile.

Girl with Blue Eyes

twitter

February 28, 2009 8:00 pm
Dewtain

Dewtain

Big Game Hunter

from The Netherlands
517 posts

I hope it's allowed to make a complaint/suggestion here smile .

Seems like a nice program. Too bad it doesn't auto-resize when there are more or less icons (4 icons, 6 icons, 20 icons, etc...).

Not sure if I'll really use it, but I'll give it a good try.

Thank you very much!

I wonder which team I'm on...
Oh, I'm on the blue team smile.

February 28, 2009 9:02 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

notyoubutme wrote:

It surprised me that this app survived after Leopard came with stacks...
I used it in the past but currently mostly lauch apps from the dock and those less often used with QS.

But thanks anyway, I can understand that for a lot this app is very useful and it looks still very good...

The advantage that Overflow has over Stacks is that it affords you more fine-grained organization over your apps that Stacks do. For instance, if you've configured a Stack as a Grid, you still can't organize your apps into subcategories the way you can in Overflow.

You also can't summon up that Grid with a hotkey - by far Overflow's killer feature. When used in combination with an add-on like USB Overdrive and a multi-button mouse it's a great way to quickly get at groups of apps.

I see Overflow as being somewhere between the Finder and QS/LaunchBar; I use QS/LaunchBar for my most used apps, while I use Overflow for apps which are important but aren't nearly used as often as my other apps. They're still important enough to be on my Dock, but putting them in Overflow puts them in easy reach while minimizing dock clutter.

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

February 28, 2009 9:13 pm
cmason

cmason

Sky Pirate

from Toronto, Canada
1,344 posts

I have to admit, this is one of the apps I didn't really think I'd find that useful, but after playing around with it and setting up some apps and the hotkey, it's great.  This one is a keeper.

February 28, 2009 10:46 pm
danmessing

danmessing

Urchin

from Canada
6 posts

fr0stbyt wrote:

I have been using Overflow since I bought my first Mac.  I love it and don't want to ever go without it.

Mr Developer, when you get here... I would like to make 1 suggestion.  I would love for the preferences to sync across my machines.  MobileMe integration or just prefs sync... anything that will make my Overflow on all 3 machines the same.

Hi! We would like to add syncing in the future - we have to figure out how to handle a lot of weird situations first, since all three of your machines are probably not identical, and some items stored in Overflow on one machine might not exist, or might be in a different location, on another machine.

Thanks for the suggestion!

ModOps wrote:

I've been using DragThing for more than two years now, and although I'm still playing with an unlicensed version of Overflow and I can't set any Preferences...

You should be able to access the preferences even before you register the software - and adjust all kinds of settings including icon sizes and spacings. If you want, send an email to support at stuntsoftware.com so that we can work why you aren't able to access the preferences.

CraftyHeist wrote:

does anyone have any hints/suggestions on how this is better than a simple folder?]

Overflow certainly won't be for everyone, and that's fine. There are a few reasons that I personally like using Overflow over Leopard's stacks feature:

• The layout of items is completely chosen by me, so I get to pick exactly where I want each item to appear.
• Using multiple Categories in Overflow saves Dock space over having multiple folders in the Dock.
• I use a keyboard shortcut (control-space) to bring up Overflow, which can't be done with Stacks.
• Overflow doesn't require you to organize your files into folders in the Finder to have them appear in a group.
• Since the interface can be fully customized, I can change the appearance to suit my tastes.

Also, I should note that Overflow does use a very small amount of RAM - just under 15 MB on my machine where it's been running for days.

CraftyHeist wrote:

A keyboard shortcut for 'open all' would be useful for me.

Good idea - expect to see that in a future update!

delano wrote:

You can actually launch items in Overflow using just the keyboard. Use a hot key to bring up Overflow, type a couple of letters of an application's name or use the arrow keys to select an item, then press enter or the spacebar to launch the item. Of course, Quicksilver has some very different functionality and intended usage, so it's hard to directly compare the applications.

nutmac wrote:

I, too, have yet to receive license in the email (it's been about 12 hours or so).

For anyone having similar trouble, write to support at stuntsoftware.com and let me know the email address you have registered with MacHeist so that I can check to see if your license was generated and sent out.

Dan Messing
Stunt Software
http://stuntsoftware.com/

February 28, 2009 11:04 pm
sangheeta

sangheeta

Automaton Tech

from ~Milky Way/Earth/France/Paris
170 posts

I would like to use Overflow, it's an awesome app, but I'm using DockFun! since a very long time.

http://idisk.mac.com/the.stars.sing-Public/MacHeist/purple-team-sig-dvq_mac34.jpg

…I believe I can fly……… I believe I can touch the sky…
Get DROPBOX 2GB online storage and 250MB extra free here…

February 28, 2009 11:17 pm
igreulich

igreulich

Tinkerer

from South Carolina
32 posts

Cuttonoverall wrote:

I somehow can't really get why Overflow is still available.
In Tiger it was my Stack-Alternative. Now on Leopard I have the Stacks. For what is Overflow now good? ...

I use stack for document (not Documents) folders only, and I had a folder of aliases for apps, but I didn't like that, now Overflow has those apps in it, as well persistent background apps, or apps whose icon don't need to be on my Dock while they are running.  (like Mark/Space for BlackBerry, Fresh, Twitterriffic, and Aduim) Between this, Stacks and Quicksilver my Dock is looking more and more svelte.

February 28, 2009 11:49 pm
crapple

crapple

Gearhead

from Atlanta, GA
65 posts

I was a bit skeptical on this one too, so I came to read what others have thought.  I'm going to give it a whirl.

Mistakes are the portals of discovery. - James Joyce

March 1, 2009 12:20 am
Anga69

Anga69

Tinkerer

from Montreal
27 posts

Tried it before, a long time ago, and didn't really like it. But I'm ready to give it another go.

Not orange, not gold, AMBER!!! big_smile

March 1, 2009 1:29 am
newsdork

newsdork

Sky Pirate

from Tennessee
1,477 posts

This is one of the indispensable apps from MHII. I use this every day. It's different from using Stacks, because it's customizable. Not only can I group applications in submenus, but I can also group like applications together inside that submenu. For instance, I keep Word, and Excel together, Pages and Numbers together, iCal and Address Book together in their respective submenus. It's more efficient for me to group applications into submenus, and also to group the applications inside those submenus together. I just love this app.

Sometimes I feel so blue
It makes me twitter.

March 1, 2009 1:38 am
CraftyHeist

CraftyHeist

Automaton Tech

308 posts

danmessing wrote:
CraftyHeist wrote:

does anyone have any hints/suggestions on how this is better than a simple folder?]

Overflow certainly won't be for everyone, and that's fine. There are a few reasons that I personally like using Overflow over Leopard's stacks feature:

• The layout of items is completely chosen by me, so I get to pick exactly where I want each item to appear.
• Using multiple Categories in Overflow saves Dock space over having multiple folders in the Dock.
• I use a keyboard shortcut (control-space) to bring up Overflow, which can't be done with Stacks.
• Overflow doesn't require you to organize your files into folders in the Finder to have them appear in a group.
• Since the interface can be fully customized, I can change the appearance to suit my tastes.

Also, I should note that Overflow does use a very small amount of RAM - just under 15 MB on my machine where it's been running for day s.

Mmmm, using 32MB on mine just after installation (10.4.11)

I can definitely see the advantages of this now after using it for a few hours. Basically if my fingers are on my keyboard I'll use quicksilver/launchbar and if i'm holding my mouse (or I've forgotten the apps name) I'll use overflow triggered by a mouse button.

danmessing wrote:
CraftyHeist wrote:

A keyboard shortcut for 'open all' would be useful for me.

Good idea - expect to see that in a future update!

Great!

March 1, 2009 2:38 am
davekriss

davekriss

Gearhead

69 posts

I LOVE this app!  Bought it when it was 50% off on maczot a little while back.  I use it every day.

March 1, 2009 4:13 am

whoaJeffrey

Urchin

6 posts

Has anyone not gotten their activation email after 24 hours from requesting the license? Its been 24 hours (obviously I just said that tongue) and still no email. Confirmed the email, its my primary, and its correct with MH. Checked spam folders, not there. Checked Entourage spam folders not there, checked the Gmail spam folder in the Gmail web interface, not there. Anyone have any suggestions? The license link is gone now. MH Staffers, any help?

Thanks

March 1, 2009 4:37 am
newsdork

newsdork

Sky Pirate

from Tennessee
1,477 posts

jeffrey.alles wrote:

Has anyone not gotten their activation email after 24 hours from requesting the license? Its been 24 hours (obviously I just said that tongue) and still no email. Confirmed the email, its my primary, and its correct with MH. Checked spam folders, not there. Checked Entourage spam folders not there, checked the Gmail spam folder in the Gmail web interface, not there. Anyone have any suggestions? The license link is gone now. MH Staffers, any help?

Thanks

Try here.

Sometimes I feel so blue
It makes me twitter.

March 1, 2009 4:49 am
denny_crane

denny_crane

Sky Pirate

from Canada, eh?
1,702 posts

Very, very nice! I tried this previously, but didn't "bite."
I just watched the Introduction Movie under the Help menu.
Damn, that puts it altogether for me now!

I really like when developers SHOW us how to use their software.

And, I really like that Overflow was in the this MacHeist - Thank you!!!

Use Denny's DropBox Link > CLICK HERE! Because I need extra some space - The Final Frontier!

March 1, 2009 6:25 am
tumuchtime

tumuchtime

Automaton Tech

from the OC
438 posts

I have used Overflow since the last MacHeist and I love it.  I use it everyday, just find it easier to keep all the apps/games from the Heists in one place to see if I want to keep them or zap them.  My desktop is much nicer and clean too.

I would be interested in finding an answer to whether or not we can gift this to another Mac user as I already own this app?

???? Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ????

March 1, 2009 9:21 am
wysiwyn

wysiwyn

Tinkerer

from Romania, Bucharest
26 posts

Sounds interesting. i will try Overflow today. smile

March 1, 2009 9:24 am
hias

hias

Big Game Hunter

from Palermo
633 posts

I knoe I have said this before, but for me, trying to go with OS features as much as possible, Spotlight is a PERFECT app launcher. It was a little too slow in Tiger, but since Leopard times it works great. I've tried Overflow again and again, but I just don't see any advantages...

March 1, 2009 9:26 am
Erred

Erred

Tinkerer

from Davao City, Philippines
14 posts

I dont think Overflow suited my needs... I want an app that would make me visually see all of my applications... Sure I could just go to my applications folder, but the extra time and effort to go there isn't something I approve of...
And I am tired of putting my whole Applications folder as a stack... It is simply overwhelming too...

I want to organize my apps according to use, but I don't want to organize them in folders in the Applications folder...

I think Overflow covered half of the real deal I needed (ability to sort apps according to use), but I want a more simpler way to run my apps... Like, full keyboard shortcuts, etc. Hehe.

Hahaha.

March 1, 2009 9:56 am
ubrgeek

ubrgeek

Automaton Tech

163 posts

It's cute, IMO, but not overly useful if you have QS or LaunchBar. Someone said if they have their mouse in hand then it might be faster than QS, but wouldn't you havd have to be on the keyboard anyway, to activate it? Don't get me wrong, I think it's an interesting idea, but over questionable value.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

March 1, 2009 5:31 pm
CraftyHeist

CraftyHeist

Automaton Tech

308 posts

ubrgeek wrote:

It's cute, IMO, but not overly useful if you have QS or LaunchBar. Someone said if they have their mouse in hand then it might be faster than QS, but wouldn't you havd have to be on the keyboard anyway, to activate it? Don't get me wrong, I think it's an interesting idea, but over questionable value.

I have a keyboard shortcut set to open overflow and then I have this shortcut applied to one of the additional buttons on my Logitech mouse. I can then open overflow with one click. I have the other two additional buttons defined to scroll through my categories meaning I can control overflow without taking my hand off the mouse, and pretty quickly too.

March 1, 2009 5:58 pm
btester92

btester92

Big Game Hunter

from USA
944 posts

Is it possible to assign overflow to a screen corner? I'm using a MacBook Pro so I can't customize mouse buttons, and I use Launchbar, so I see no reason to hit a keyboard shortcut and go back down to the mousepad.

Thanks in advance.

If I was helpful, consider signing up for Dropbox on my referral.

March 1, 2009 6:17 pm
denny_crane

denny_crane

Sky Pirate

from Canada, eh?
1,702 posts

Okay... Overflow is working very well for me now.
Just a couple of user tidbits:
- my hotkey is ^ESC (Control + Escape) for very convenient quick access! (and no conflicts)
- I created a Category called "MacHeist 3" so my GOODIES are at close-hand!
smile

Use Denny's DropBox Link > CLICK HERE! Because I need extra some space - The Final Frontier!

March 1, 2009 6:18 pm
Adrammelech

Adrammelech

Big Game Hunter

from Gallifrey
626 posts

I've wanted this app since I started here in MacHeist. I missed it and felt I could do a lot with it. But now, using Leopard, I'm sorry to say that I can't find much use for it...and that's a shame because it's a very nice app. Maybe I'll gift it to a friend or something...

Referrals:
Free*My*Apps: Discover great iOS apps. Get rewarded!
FreeAppSlots: Play Slots & WIN!
Bing Rewards: Search Bing, earn credits towards rewards!

March 1, 2009 6:28 pm
kaptinfly

kaptinfly

Automaton Tech

from Spearfish, SD
157 posts

I really love this app it has total cleaned up my dock. I have so many apps that I forgot about and now I see them again in the categories I set up its pretty sweet.

Follow me and I'll follow you back! http://twitter.com/kaptinfly

March 1, 2009 6:33 pm
CraftyHeist

CraftyHeist

Automaton Tech

308 posts

btester92 wrote:

Is it possible to assign overflow to a screen corner? I'm using a MacBook Pro so I can't customize mouse buttons, and I use Launchbar, so I see no reason to hit a keyboard shortcut and go back down to the mousepad.

Thanks in advance.

Try this http://greg.vario.us/cornerclick/

March 1, 2009 6:51 pm
Trent J.

Trent J.

Automaton Tech

from Florida
260 posts

BESTAPPEVER! This is exactly what I needed... I don't like keeping a bunch of apps in my dock but I like them to be easily accessible and this is the perfect app for that.

Thanks

GO ORANGE! - Team Orange Twitter
Original avatar by kano89 (edited by me)

March 1, 2009 8:15 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Apps » Overflow (Mission 2)

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?