kristarella wrote: dsiembieda wrote:
I have OS X 10.4.11 It says the Picturesque doesn't support this version of OS. How do I resolve this?
You could get Leopard because many of the lovely apps we got via MacHeist only support Leopard (I'm on Tiger too, will be getting Leopard soon because Tiger is becoming obsolete).
Or download the older version of Picturesque from their website http://www.acqualia.com/files/sparkle/p … _1.0.4.dmg
For Tiger users: < further details to kristarella's post >
Version 1.0.5 is downloadable directly from the Acqualia website
After downloading, do the following to get your serial number and app registered:
• Install and start the app and leave it up (do NOT click "Install this update" for the dialog that says "A newer version is available," instead, click "Skip this update")
• Go to Safari, then to your MacHeist Bundle Receipts page (I was using Safari 4 here)
[ go to www.macheist.com (login if necessary) ]
[ click the "View my receipt" graphic in the upper right ]
• Click the "Install license" link in your Picturesque receipt (link should be live)
• If you get a "Failed to Open Page" error, note the URL: your serial # will be shown after your "First Name+Last=..." (also in the error text that appears in the middle of the browser window)
• Copy the serial number portion (select+copy)
• Go back to Picturesque
• Go to the Picturesque menu item. Unregistered users will see an option "Enter serial number" (or something similar)
• Select that, then enter your name and serial # (paste from previous step above)
• If successful, thereafter in Picturesque Preferences and under the Registration section, you will see: "Thanks for Registering" + "Your license information is shown below" + your name + serial #
• Going back to your MH Bundle Receipts, you will see the serial # has registered and is now visible
Yes, a bit long and tedious, but this just worked for me on a G4 PowerBook running Tiger OS. Also, no crashes while using the app on several photos of differing sizes, including saving output (tried JPGs).
For Leopard users, having the app installed and up/running (just having it in your Applications folder does not work) makes the activation from the MacHeist receipts page a one-click affair.
Hope this helps.
Go TEAM Green Monkeys™ !!