[UserHeist=TheLeak] Hints

MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » [UserHeist=TheLeak] Hints
WFT

WFT

Automaton Tech

294 posts

macrystal wrote:

Sorry, What do you do on the radio?

I'm stuck here too, but I think you need a specific number by pressing the up and down butttons.

Try Votes on the App Store! (iOS only)

April 19, 2009 2:45 pm
Shadedjon

Shadedjon

Automaton Tech

from Minn
327 posts

WFT wrote:
macrystal wrote:

I'm stuck here too, but I think you need a specific number by pressing the up and down butttons.

The clue, is in the files.swf (The thing that needs the project name) there are two websites linked to in the notecards stage. Starts with myname... and ferrou...
Look for the one thing the letter mentions in the files.swf

Proudly Orange
http://thememymac.com/

April 19, 2009 5:25 pm
WFT

WFT

Automaton Tech

294 posts

Shadedjon wrote:
WFT wrote:
macrystal wrote:

The clue, is in the files.swf (The thing that needs the project name) there are two websites linked to in the notecards stage. Starts with myname... and ferrou...

Say what? I found the "fail whale" the radio, and files.swf but I can't figure out what to do from that.

April 19, 2009 5:38 pm
macrystal

macrystal

Tinkerer

17 posts

WFT wrote:
Shadedjon wrote:
WFT wrote:

Say what? I found the "fail whale" the radio, and files.swf but I can't figure out what to do from that.

Where's the fail whale link? also what it is the files.swf link? Thanks

April 20, 2009 11:28 am
Shadedjon

Shadedjon

Automaton Tech

from Minn
327 posts

macrystal wrote:
WFT wrote:
Shadedjon wrote:

In the notecards (The point after the downloaded zip) there are two websites linked to.

Proudly Orange

April 20, 2009 12:00 pm
macrystal

macrystal

Tinkerer

17 posts

Shadedjon wrote:
macrystal wrote:
WFT wrote:

In the notecards (The point after the downloaded zip) there are two websites linked to.

Where's The Zip?

April 20, 2009 1:33 pm
oddjob

oddjob

Tinkerer

from London UK
35 posts

macrystal wrote:
Shadedjon wrote:
macrystal wrote:

Where's The Zip?

After the cogs, the page you get to has a link that displays a whole load of rubbish, looks like it's in the wrong format.

Anyone know if the bit after the radio is still working, i think i've got the right idea with theapplgeek website but it's still not working.

Green Monkeys
Referral link: http://www.macheist.com/bundle/u/105003/

April 20, 2009 2:22 pm
macrystal

macrystal

Tinkerer

17 posts

Oh, I missed the cogs bit and skipped to the radio link, whats the combintion/order for the cogs?

April 20, 2009 4:57 pm
Shadedjon

Shadedjon

Automaton Tech

from Minn
327 posts

macrystal wrote:

Oh, I missed the cogs bit and skipped to the radio link, whats the combintion/order for the cogs?

Recheck the starting post. I made it easier, but it is pressing the bottom switch twice, left one twice then the smallest gear.

Proudly Orange

April 22, 2009 12:15 pm
Richard Hallas

Richard Hallas

Automaton Tech

from Huddersfield, UK
250 posts

Can someone help, please? I'm stuck at the broken server. I've tried replacing the codename part of the URL with various things including nighthawk, but they don't work. I don't know what I'm missing; I've done the radio etc.

Cheers!
Born to the Purple

April 22, 2009 3:45 pm
Shadedjon

Shadedjon

Automaton Tech

from Minn
327 posts

Richard Hallas wrote:

Can someone help, please? I'm stuck at the broken server. I've tried replacing the codename part of the URL with various things including nighthawk, but they don't work. I don't know what I'm missing; I've done the radio etc.

I am working on it, it is down... Sorry. Just wait a couple of hours XD

Proudly Orange

April 23, 2009 12:56 am
WFT

WFT

Automaton Tech

294 posts

Shadedjon wrote:
Richard Hallas wrote:

I am working on it, it is down... Sorry. Just wait a couple of hours XD

Please tell us when your done so we don't have to check back every 15 minutes tongue

April 23, 2009 2:09 am
WFT

WFT

Automaton Tech

294 posts

I figured out the project name but files.swf doesn't do anything when I click on the button

April 23, 2009 2:53 am
Shadedjon

Shadedjon

Automaton Tech

from Minn
327 posts

Unfortunately this heist is now OVER sad
Sorry to those who were in the process of completing, just try and get to the next one faster.

Proudly Orange

April 23, 2009 3:25 am
WFT

WFT

Automaton Tech

294 posts

Shadedjon wrote:

Sorry to those who were in the process of completing, just try and get to the next one faster.

DOH!

April 23, 2009 3:45 am
Richard Hallas

Richard Hallas

Automaton Tech

from Huddersfield, UK
250 posts

Shadedjon wrote:

Speaking purely personally, I spent (wasted, as it turns out) several hours yesterday trying to solve this. I thought it was a very good heist, and worth spending the time on, and I also wanted to get the extra free app that was advertised as the reward. However, I was prevented from progressing, as it turns out, by a bug - which I have to say is pretty frustrating. Then, a day later, after I've been told that the bug will be fixed, the heist is just announced as being over instead.

I do accept that it would obviously have been a good idea for me to do the heist sooner, but the fact is that (for whatever reason) I only spotted it yesterday, and I did it right away. I visit MacHeist very regularly, but somehow had failed to spot this thread until now. If I'd seen it sooner, I'd have done it sooner.

Anyway, that's life, but it's pretty annoying. This was a particularly good user heist, I thought - very well done. Clearly a lot of time and effort has been put into creating it, and that really shows. I'm just feeling pretty peeved (a) to have had it unplugged on me when I was just about to complete it, and (b) to have missed the loot.

So my suggestion for your upcoming second mission is that you set a time limit at the start and let people know what it is. "Finish by such-and-such a date or miss out." That's fair enough, and clearly there does have to be a limit on these things. It just isn't very funny to do most of a mission and then be denied the ending and the reward.

Cheers!
Born to the Purple

April 23, 2009 8:34 am
Shadedjon

Shadedjon

Automaton Tech

from Minn
327 posts

Richard Hallas wrote:
Shadedjon wrote:

Speaking purely personally, I spent (wasted, as it turns out) several hours yesterday trying to solve this. I thought it was a very good heist, and worth spending the time on, and I also wanted to get the extra free app that was advertised as the reward. However, I was prevented from progressing, as it turns out, by a bug - which I have to say is pretty frustrating. Then, a day later, after I've been told that the bug will be fixed, the heist is just announced as being over instead.

I do accept that it would obviously have been a good idea for me to do the heist sooner, but the fact is that (for whatever reason) I only spotted it yesterday, and I did it right away. I visit MacHeist very regularly, but somehow had failed to spot this thread until now. If I'd seen it sooner, I'd have done it sooner.

Anyway, that's life, but it's pretty annoying. This was a particularly good user heist, I thought - very well done. Clearly a lot of time and effort has been put into creating it, and that really shows. I'm just feeling pretty peeved (a) to have had it unplugged on me when I was just about to complete it, and (b) to have missed the loot.

So my suggestion for your upcoming second mission is that you set a time limit at the start and let people know what it is. "Finish by such-and-such a date or miss out." That's fair enough, and clearly there does have to be a limit on these things. It just isn't very funny to do most of a mission and then be denied the ending and the reward.

Timi, the developer of the application and the host of the last step did a recent site design and decided that the heist was over smile
Sorry, my plan was to have the heist be over right before the next one and stop the first step so others could complete it.
I did not plan for it to happen this way, it just did sad
I am so sorry that you didn't get your loot.
But, look on the bright side as there will be a second mission with more loot!

Proudly Orange

April 23, 2009 11:54 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,766 posts

That was nice of Timi, to just pull it like that sad  I gave someone my copy of BackIt anyway lol

@Shadedjon - I'm excited for your next mission! You said there wouldn't be another tongue

Shadedjon wrote:
izdale wrote:

Wow, this mission was completely awesome! I really enjoyed it smile  I didn't even do it for the app, I am not interested in it, I just had fun figuring out the mission.  It's like the mission 4 that MH was lacking.  Now you have called it mission 1, does that mean there will be more?

Oh dear god. Hopefully not but maybe.
It was a lot of work!

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

April 23, 2009 12:06 pm
Shadedjon

Shadedjon

Automaton Tech

from Minn
327 posts

izdale wrote:

That was nice of Timi, to just pull it like that sad  I gave someone my copy of BackIt anyway lol

@Shadedjon - I'm excited for your next mission! You said there wouldn't be another tongue

Shadedjon wrote:
izdale wrote:

Wow, this mission was completely awesome! I really enjoyed it smile  I didn't even do it for the app, I am not interested in it, I just had fun figuring out the mission.  It's like the mission 4 that MH was lacking.  Now you have called it mission 1, does that mean there will be more?

Oh dear god. Hopefully not but maybe.
It was a lot of work!

Yes there will be another!
I am focusing more on organizing it this time around not so much the creating smile
Plus I have all of the off-season to do it.

Proudly Orange

April 23, 2009 12:13 pm
Richard Hallas

Richard Hallas

Automaton Tech

from Huddersfield, UK
250 posts

Shadedjon wrote:

Sorry, my plan was to have the heist be over right before the next one and stop the first step so others could complete it.
I did not plan for it to happen this way, it just did sad

I understand. Well, it's a pity that it ended this way, but I thank you for the effort you put into making such an interesting heist, and I look forward to your next one!

Cheers!
Born to the Purple

April 23, 2009 2:10 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » [UserHeist=TheLeak] Hints

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?