Forums

Bundle Hints?

MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » Bundle Hints?
jasperlockwood

jasperlockwood

Tinkerer

from London
13 posts

So the general consensus is that in the next 5 (and a bit) days, another MacHeist bundle will go on sale.

I've noticed that the labels on the boxes have recently changed, with a new icon added, which looks remarkable similar to that of RipIt (http://thelittleappfactory.com/ripit/)

So I recon this means RipIt will be part of the bundle?

I haven't managed to identify the other icon (looks a bit like an address book, but it's not one I immediately recognize).

I'm guessing the Directorate will reveal more and more icons over the next 5 days?  So I suggest week keep this thread open to identify the icons, and slowly put together a list of the apps we can expect!

************ APPS IDENTIFIED *************
1.  MacJournal - http://www.marinersoftware.com/
2.  RipIt - http://thelittleappfactory.com/ripit
3.  Squeeze - http://latenitesoft.com/ - Dropped!
4.  Clips (2.0?) -  http://conceitedsoftware.com/products/clips
5.  AirBurst Extreme - http://www.freeverse.com/mac/product/?id=311
6.  Flow - http://extendmac.com/flow/

GREEN MONKEY!

February 25, 2010 5:05 am
WalrusCP

WalrusCP

Big Game Hunter

from NoVA
897 posts

The other icon is MacJournal.

Get a 2GB Dropbox account + additional space free for you & me

Just wait until you see the mega unlock goal. (Hint, it involves a lot of dead kittens.) – Phill Ryu

February 25, 2010 5:16 am
dogboi

dogboi

Urchin

2 posts

Which thus explains the image names I grabbed.  :-)  rippie.png and jojo.png

February 25, 2010 7:02 am
jasperlockwood

jasperlockwood

Tinkerer

from London
13 posts

Also of interest, the iCal event you can download from the front page indicates that the bundle is a "NanoBundle", so may not have a full 10+ apps as the usual bundles do...

GREEN MONKEY!

February 25, 2010 8:33 am
Ollie N

Ollie N

Big Game Hunter

662 posts

jasperlockwood wrote:

Also of interest, the iCal event you can download from the front page indicates that the bundle is a "NanoBundle", so may not have a full 10+ apps as the usual bundles do...

Maybe 7 apps (hey 7 is a lucky number)

May the Mac be with you
Get free Dropbox space for both of us!

February 25, 2010 12:38 pm
mauko

mauko

Automaton Tech

217 posts

Maybe "nano" from latin "nanus" means dwarfish, small, little...

There is NO signature, do you see a signature?

February 25, 2010 12:56 pm
j3snyder

j3snyder

Big Game Hunter

from Yerington, NV
974 posts

Doesn't anyone else remember the questionaire after the last bundle regarding how much we would pay for a similar bundle?  My guess, either a group of small bundles for cheap, and one mongo bundle, or this is just a preview of MH4 with a small paid bundle of favorite mh apps.

Referrals for your consideration:
Dropbox:  https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE1N … src=global

February 25, 2010 5:00 pm
muchar

muchar

Tinkerer

from Warsaw
36 posts

Anybody has any clue, what the third icon means?

muchar - green wind ;> TEAM   Green Monkeys™ 

February 25, 2010 5:11 pm
blachole

blachole

Gearhead

from Philadelphia, PA
82 posts

ripit is a free app already though, so why would they include this in the bundle?

BLACHOLE

February 25, 2010 5:58 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

Use is free, support is not.

Kinda upsetting for those who paid when it wasn't the case...

PM me | Twitter

February 25, 2010 6:02 pm
daba

daba

Big Game Hunter

from New Zealand
640 posts

third is a beta app called squeeze.

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” — Arthur C. Clarke. Sharing large files and backing them up using Dropbox is just like magic, and you can get 2.5 GB of free storage when you sign up for Dropbox with this link.

February 25, 2010 6:05 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

blachole wrote:

ripit is a free app already though, so why would they include this in the bundle?

Huh? It says on The Little App Factory's web site that it's $19.99 for a license. Oh yeah, and as an FYI, they use product activation (one license = one machine only).

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

February 25, 2010 6:20 pm
JMarkevich

JMarkevich

Sky Pirate

from Halifax, Canada
1,184 posts

rampancy wrote:
blachole wrote:

Huh? It says on The Little App Factory's web site that it's $19.99 for a license. Oh yeah, and as an FYI, they use product activation (one license = one machine only).

The trial version download allows only 10 rips.  It's far from being a free app.

BTW, I hate when companies (or shareware aggregator sites) do that - "Free Download" means pretty much nothing and only messes up your Google efforts to find freeware.

"You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?"
Get Dropbox. You need it!

February 25, 2010 6:44 pm

tbye

Urchin

2 posts

Anyone have an URL for the squeeze app?

February 25, 2010 7:23 pm
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

It's not publically available yet. You'll have to wait.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

February 25, 2010 7:30 pm

nowcross

Urchin

from Raleigh, NC
1 posts

Is it Sorenson Media's Squeeze? Surely not... very expensive.

February 25, 2010 7:50 pm
btester92

btester92

Big Game Hunter

from USA
944 posts

nowcross wrote:

No, it's a brand new application. We'll hear more details soon.

If I was helpful, consider signing up for Dropbox on my referral.

February 25, 2010 9:42 pm
mud212

mud212

Big Game Hunter

from Dorothy's Oz
749 posts

btester92 wrote:
nowcross wrote:

No, it's a brand new application. We'll hear more details soon.

Try 'now', instead. wink

February 26, 2010 1:51 am
jashsayani

jashsayani

Automaton Tech

from Salt Lake City, UT, USA
110 posts

They dropped Squeeze.

I hope they drop a few more... smile

My Blog | Twitter | Skype
▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

February 26, 2010 2:05 am
mike007

mike007

Automaton Tech

from Indiana
370 posts

Under the loot page for Squeeze, it says nano-bundle teaser.  So maybe all that is coming up is a nano bundle.  AHH

February 26, 2010 2:36 am
gameguy3001

gameguy3001

Automaton Tech

from "Toontown" - Canada
331 posts

The newest icon on the boxes appears to be for Clips. However the icon on the boxes is slightly different than Clips actual icon below
http://conceitedsoftware.com/images/ClipsIconSmall.png

The things on the clipboard are identical so it must be the same (possibly a new version?)

Orange you glad I didn't make a pun?

February 26, 2010 3:12 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

I'm not sure why the bundle is being discussed in two different topics, but I said the same thing earlier in the other thread: "So my guess for the new icon is Clips. But it's slightly different, so I'm thinking it will be a 2.0 release."
http://www.macheist.com/forums/viewtopi … 44#p359044

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

February 26, 2010 3:20 am
cafegurl

cafegurl

Urchin

7 posts

Yea its got to be a new version. I noticed the differences too.

February 26, 2010 3:21 am
zerogeek

zerogeek

Tinkerer

from Vancouver, WA
28 posts

So... the icon for the newest box is "mudkips.png".  I guess that *could* be clips, but what's with the mud part?

February 26, 2010 6:26 am
joshuaneedham

joshuaneedham

Urchin

from Ogden, UT
3 posts

Loving this setup. Thanks for putting together stuff like this. I'm prepared to pay $100 for a bundle. I know I missed out on some cool apps last year.

Joshua Needham
App Ventures, LLC
@joshuaneedham

February 26, 2010 7:55 am

Tinkerer

from Ossining, NY
44 posts

Clips is definitely the second icon.  searching for mudkips yields

"Mudkip is a legendary creature. It's known as a friend to the Claw Monster Legend says that washed-up former UN SecGen and avid wanker Dr Boutrous-Boutrous Ghali, was approached by a mysterious entity, who said "so i herd u like mudkips." It was then said that that one person created an image based on that strange quote. The image has recently resurfaced in /b/ on 4chan.
It is said that a Mudkip can be found lurking underwater, 4chan, DeviantART, IRC, as well as your Game Boy, your closet, and in your bed, jizzing off to a Combusken. Started as another Meme on 4chan, it elevated to go on to the Drshnaps Asylum, where it festered and died. I was quickly replaced with the Shoop da Whoop Phenomenon, what with their royal rainbows and whatnot."

I was on the web before there was a web.  neutral

Follow me here:  Twitter

February 26, 2010 1:28 pm
Molnies

Molnies

Big Game Hunter

from Sweden
527 posts

zerogeek wrote:

So... the icon for the newest box is "mudkips.png".  I guess that *could* be clips, but what's with the mud part?

I'm quite certain that would be considered looking at source code, which is cheating. I might be wrong, but I don't remember any puzzles previously where we had to check file names...

Think Purple.

February 26, 2010 1:38 pm
Hazzgard

Hazzgard

Gearhead

56 posts

100$ in a world still in an economical recession (IMO) it would be a bit expensive. I'm almost excited about the heists.

Viva TBBT, hope it will last a max !

February 26, 2010 2:12 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

Molnies wrote:
zerogeek wrote:

I'm quite certain that would be considered looking at source code, which is cheating. I might be wrong, but I don't remember any puzzles previously where we had to check file names...

It is, indeed, cheating. None of the puzzles require source code, and looking at source code is in fact considered cheating. Posting source code will get you warned, and repeated offenses will get you banned.

Guys, knock it off with the image filenames. You can tell they're being evasive about it, so it's not meant to help you in any way. I'll start levying personal warning for people who persist.

PM me | Twitter

February 26, 2010 2:31 pm
chrischasecranecook

chrischasecranecook

Sky Pirate

from Shreveport, Louisiana
1,123 posts

jpdyson wrote:
Molnies wrote:
zerogeek wrote:

It is, indeed, cheating. None of the puzzles require source code, and looking at source code is in fact considered cheating. Posting source code will get you warned, and repeated offenses will get you banned.

Guys, knock it off with the image filenames. You can tell they're being evasive about it, so it's not meant to help you in any way. I'll start levying personal warning for people who persist.

You can, in fact, drag the image file off the boxes if you're good without looking at the source code.

But no, the filenames probably have nothing to do with anything whatsoever.

Laissez les bon temps roulez!

February 26, 2010 3:06 pm
mike007

mike007

Automaton Tech

from Indiana
370 posts

If you put your courser over the calendar icon on the count down clock, it says NanoBundleSales

February 26, 2010 5:33 pm
3dy

3dy

Tinkerer

from Firewall
27 posts

4 days, 5 hours and about 15 minutes left.

Dragging icons from the boxes to the surf bar works, and shows the file name. Staff members should rename the files before publishing them. Even if I'm new here, I saw that MacHeist members aren't stupid.

What have we already know?
-There will certainly be a nanoBundle. The last nanoBundle was free, so I think this one will

February 26, 2010 6:48 pm
allyorbase

allyorbase

Automaton Tech

from Honduras
178 posts

3dy wrote:

4 days, 5 hours and about 15 minutes left.

Dragging icons from the boxes to the surf bar works, and shows the file name. Staff members should rename the files before publishing them. Even if I'm new here, I saw that MacHeist members aren't stupid.

What have we already know?
-There will certainly be a nanoBundle. The last nanoBundle was free, so I think this one will

No, i've talked with Phillyru and he said that the nanobundle will be money, but I'm not sure how much....

And we're back!

February 26, 2010 9:19 pm
Gordon1470

Gordon1470

Automaton Tech

from Bloomington, IL
403 posts

Phill has stated that the bundle will cost money. No word as to the price.

P.P.S. If I see one more image filename being thrown around I will backstab you

The Master would not approve.

February 26, 2010 9:42 pm
Molnies

Molnies

Big Game Hunter

from Sweden
527 posts

3dy wrote:

That's what jpdyson just called cheating. Come on people, do not look at and absolutely don't post source code — this include the html and css source (which might not be considered "code" by some) as well as file names.

Really, I'm getting tired of all this cheating, both by new members (more understandable) and veterans (not acceptable at all).

Think Purple.

February 26, 2010 10:31 pm
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

Molnies wrote:
3dy wrote:

That's what jpdyson just called cheating. Come on people, do not look at and absolutely don't post source code — this include the html and css source (which might not be considered "code" by some) as well as file names.

Really, I'm getting tired of all this cheating, both by new members (more understandable) and veterans (not acceptable at all).

I can let it slide a lot more in this case. We're talking about bundle speculation, not cheating at puzzles after all.

February 26, 2010 11:08 pm
Molnies

Molnies

Big Game Hunter

from Sweden
527 posts

Miah wrote:

I can let it slide a lot more in this case. We're talking about bundle speculation, not cheating at puzzles after all.

I totally agree, but the risk is that people get the habit of doing it. The chat yesterday was filled with source code and so far there have been quite a bit on the forums as well.

Think Purple.

February 26, 2010 11:20 pm
kroneko

kroneko

Tinkerer

from New Castle, DE
21 posts

I think everyone's just excited about the bundle and any hints they can find they try to latch onto.  Until the bundle is released it's all speculation anyway, even if the MH team put "application_XYZ.dmg.jpg" doesn't mean it will end up in the bundle, could always be a teaser for something else or misdirection at its finest.

February 26, 2010 11:22 pm
mud212

mud212

Big Game Hunter

from Dorothy's Oz
749 posts

Consensus is forming that the latest app is Freeverse's Airburst Extreme. http://www.freeverse.com/mac/product/?id=311

February 27, 2010 12:42 am
pivale

pivale

Tinkerer

13 posts

There is a new icon...
Air burst? Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Dropbox Referral: Get 2,25 GB FREE storage instead of 2GB by using this link.
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTk0MzkwOTk

February 27, 2010 12:44 am
kroneko

kroneko

Tinkerer

from New Castle, DE
21 posts

mud212 wrote:

Consensus is forming that the latest app is Freeverse's Airburst Extreme. http://www.freeverse.com/mac/product/?id=311

Does 'Pavlov's dog' ring a bell?

February 27, 2010 12:55 am
narils

narils

Urchin

from Norway
1 posts

thanks for the overview! I'm looking forward to the bundle!

[center]MacBook 13" Black -|- Nikon D300[/center]
[center]Cheers, smile and be happy big_smile[/center]
[center]Tarald smile[/center]

February 27, 2010 1:42 am
phillryu

phillryu

Administrator

1,569 posts

kroneko wrote:
mud212 wrote:

haha, ring a bell.

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

February 27, 2010 1:57 am
Skeletor77

Skeletor77

Tinkerer

from MSP
38 posts

kroneko wrote:
mud212 wrote:

Pavlov's dog salivates.  Pavlov rings the bell.

GO GREEN

February 27, 2010 2:15 am
geoffb

geoffb

Urchin

from New York City
8 posts

Miah wrote:
Molnies wrote:
3dy wrote:

I'm a bit confused about what's cheating here... I right-clicked on the boxes going by and then chose "View image," which opened the little icon in a new tab with the URL showing. Is that really "cheating" or "looking at source code"?

Loot can be nice, but it's the heists themselves that are my fave...

February 27, 2010 2:21 am

magicentral

Urchin

1 posts

It's not cheating, it's being resourceful. if you don't want to know what the new stuff is, then don't look in the thread marked for spoilers.

geoffb wrote:
Miah wrote:
Molnies wrote:

I'm a bit confused about what's cheating here... I right-clicked on the boxes going by and then chose "View image," which opened the little icon in a new tab with the URL showing. Is that really "cheating" or "looking at source code"?

February 27, 2010 2:26 am
geoffb

geoffb

Urchin

from New York City
8 posts

magicentral wrote:

It's not cheating, it's being resourceful. if you don't want to know what the new stuff is, then don't look in the thread marked for spoilers.

jpdyson wrote:

In this earlier post, a moderator seems to disagree, saying it's cheating that warrants a "personal warning." I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds bad.

Loot can be nice, but it's the heists themselves that are my fave...

February 27, 2010 2:36 am
Miah

Miah

3,692 posts

I wouldn't necessarily say it's cheating. It's also not being resourceful. It's being subversive.

MacHeist has a long history of making sure that everything is doable with no bonus ability coming from reading the source. As jpdyson mentioned, they're being evaive about it. Posting the image names isn't going to help you in any further way than viewing the page as you were meant to.

It's also not anything you should be getting into the habit of.

February 27, 2010 4:24 am
zerogeek

zerogeek

Tinkerer

from Vancouver, WA
28 posts

Sorry to have started something.  I simply managed to drag the icon picture off the box to my desktop and saw the name.  The names of the previous icons had been posted previously in this thread, so I didn't realize I was doing anything wrong.

I consider myself warned and will just wait for the bundle like everyone else!

February 27, 2010 5:56 am

matteodelfino

Urchin

1 posts

I also found airburst

February 27, 2010 8:59 am
MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » Bundle Hints?

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?