Forums

What midnight might have looked like [SPOILER-ESQUE]

MacHeist Forums » The Front » What midnight might have looked like [SPOILER-ESQUE]

timwindsor

Tinkerer

14 posts

Adam Betts has posted a graphic on his blog:

http://www.artofadambetts.com/weblog/?p=164

December 11, 2006 4:03 am
jdcfsu

jdcfsu

Automaton Tech

268 posts

If that's what was scrubbed at the last minute I can't wait to see what the chosen design will be.

I like to pull heists.

December 11, 2006 4:05 am
p8ntballguy

p8ntballguy

Automaton Tech

from New Brunswick, NJ
406 posts

yea that was pretty damn cool. wonder why it was tossed. its still probly gunna b somethin like that.

http://www.twitter.com/mikecerisano
http://www.thesixtyone.com/jackietreehorn
▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

December 11, 2006 4:07 am
jocnsoc

jocnsoc

Automaton Tech

from Weird New Jersey
128 posts

I like, hope the blast lives up.

December 11, 2006 4:07 am
tuc11

tuc11

Tinkerer

43 posts

Damn. That looks cool. The one they are planning to use must be killer if they scratched that.

December 11, 2006 4:08 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

Very nice.

Note that it was most likely scrubbed at the last minute because of the one-week delay caused by the webmaster's unfortunate sickness. Since we would have finished all of the heists by then we wouldn't have any need for the keypad, so they could use the dynamite to blow it up.

Now, since the next heist is going to be after the release of the bundle, we'll still need the keypad to enter the code.

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

December 11, 2006 4:10 am
Strange

Strange

Sky Pirate

from New York, NY
1,026 posts

jdcfsu wrote:

If that's what was scrubbed at the last minute I can't wait to see what the chosen design will be.

jdcfsu, what you saw wasn't a last minute job. What he meant was "last minute design decision" that forced him to change the whole thing.

Which is the fact that we still need the vault number pad for Heist 6.

Edit: Rampacy beat me tongue

December 11, 2006 4:10 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Quite impressive.  I'm going to need to remember to plug in headphones when it happens because it's sure to have sound...

Website | Twitter

December 11, 2006 4:11 am
majicman10211

majicman10211

Automaton Tech

from Pittsburgh, PA
154 posts

Well, Adam, that looks so real it's scary.  Too bad it was scrapped.

MacHeist is sweet.  Period.

December 11, 2006 4:19 am
getthebiggem

getthebiggem

Automaton Tech

from Duluth, MN
251 posts

didn't they say something about fireworks?

It's sad how theAmazon is slowly falling apart.
I thought Phill died...
Avatar comps. of Leo Mancini (leomancini.net).

December 11, 2006 4:26 am
Strange

Strange

Sky Pirate

from New York, NY
1,026 posts

getthebiggem wrote:

didn't they say something about fireworks?

yeah man! Explosions have absolutely nothing to do with fireworks! Why didn't I realize this before?

December 11, 2006 4:28 am
ydjk58

ydjk58

Automaton Tech

from Clearfield & Williamsport, PA
135 posts

Um, strange, explosion have absolutely everything to do with fireworks. (And I'm not trying to be an asshole here).  But how do you think they go boom, elves? Well, unless your trying to be sacastic, becuase sarcasm dosen't translate well for somethings online, unless marked as such.

I'm gonna do like I do on the site I go to for owners of my model of car, and post my specs.  17" MacBook Pro, Intel Core Duo 2.16 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB HDD, Boot Camped with Vista.  Previous Mac - iBook SE G3 Clamshell

December 11, 2006 4:32 am
chewy5000

chewy5000

Sky Pirate

from Terra Australis
1,174 posts

like the smashed code windows

mmm... Extra chewy

December 11, 2006 4:44 am

chrisarth

Tinkerer

20 posts

it's sad that we didn't get to see anything close to that!

December 11, 2006 5:39 am
Ænima

Ænima

Sky Pirate

from Michigan
1,304 posts

Wow, that is truly awesome! I so wish it would have been used. Can you imagine if it would have been animated???

"It has become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity."
- Albert Einstein

December 11, 2006 5:51 am
Anthony Ryan

Anthony Ryan

Sky Pirate

1,087 posts

Ænima wrote:

Wow, that is truly awesome! I so wish it would have been used. Can you imagine if it would have been animated???

i wish it was ainimated

it would have been sweet (like the boom effect but lasting 5 minutes wink)

December 11, 2006 6:16 am
Strange

Strange

Sky Pirate

from New York, NY
1,026 posts

ydjk58 wrote:

Um, strange, explosion have absolutely everything to do with fireworks. (And I'm not trying to be an asshole here).  But how do you think they go boom, elves? Well, unless your trying to be sacastic, becuase sarcasm dosen't translate well for somethings online, unless marked as such.

Are you kidding me?! I was straight up mocking that guy. Of course I was being sarcastic, man. Jesus Christ. Umbelivable...

lol

December 11, 2006 7:46 am
PAKennedy

PAKennedy

Big Game Hunter

from London, UK
667 posts

ydjk58 wrote:

LOL! Strange's posts tonight have been littered with sarcasm.  It's been a lot of fun to read, and frankly, I'm disappointed that less people noticed it.

Give a man fire, he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

December 11, 2006 7:54 am
MacHeist Forums » The Front » What midnight might have looked like [SPOILER-ESQUE]

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?