Forums

[Member Created] WaveHeist

MacHeist Forums » Member Created Heists » [Member Created] WaveHeist
jamy015

jamy015

Tinkerer

from Delft, The Netherlands
26 posts

Anyone here wanting a Google Wave invite? You're in the right place! I got 24 invites to spare, and all you need to do is solve a puzzle.

Because no one seemed to be interested in the heist anymore i took it down. You can not do the heist anymore. The winners are listed below.

If you do not want an invite (for example because you already have an account) but do want to be listed as winner, that's also possible. When you enter the code, you can choose not to get an invite.

PLEASE NOTE: If you do want an invite the option needs to be changed, because the default choice is to NOT get an invite!

NO hints will be given out by PM. The ONLY hints you can get are in this topic.

Winners:
1. mstrain
2. 1319119
3. falsoman
4. zapzack

There are 10 sorts of people: the ones that can count in binary and the ones that can't.

March 6, 2010 2:01 pm
mstrain

mstrain

Automaton Tech

from Union City, NJ USA
121 posts

jamy015 wrote:

Anyone here wanting a Google Wave invite? You're in the right place! I got 24 invites to spare, and all you need to do is solve a puzzle.

As i'm a new member, i cannot post links. LIFEcomp posted them in the following post, so check that out.

If you do not want an invite (for example because you already have an account) but do want to be listed as winner, that's also possible. When you enter the code, you can choose not to get an invite.

PLEASE NOTE: If you do want an invite the option needs to be changed, because the default choice is to NOT get an invite!

NO hints will be given out by PM. The ONLY hints you can get are in this topic.

Winners:
1. mstrain

Thanks so much for my invite! I've been trying to get one for awhile. Now to learn how to use it!

four eyes see more than two

March 6, 2010 11:06 pm
jamy015

jamy015

Tinkerer

26 posts

Anyone in need of a hint yet?

There are 10 sorts of people: the ones that can count in binary and the ones that can't.

March 7, 2010 6:06 pm

Gearhead

78 posts

jamy015 wrote:

Anyone in need of a hint yet?

yes please

March 7, 2010 6:53 pm
jamy015

jamy015

Tinkerer

26 posts

Maybe you should print it out.

March 7, 2010 7:23 pm

Gearhead

78 posts

ok why? does my printer see something i dont

March 7, 2010 7:45 pm
March 7, 2010 7:55 pm

Gearhead

78 posts

why do i need to print it?

March 7, 2010 8:00 pm
jamy015

jamy015

Tinkerer

26 posts

falsoman wrote:

Should we just send you the numeric code or is text explaining allowed?

How do you mean that?

131919 wrote:

why do i need to print it?

You probably don't know what kind of puzzle it is. Once you find out, it will become clear.

March 7, 2010 8:05 pm

Gearhead

78 posts

well...what kind is it? how could i possibly find out?

March 7, 2010 8:15 pm
falsoman

falsoman

Automaton Tech

from México
331 posts

I already solved the puzzle, but i'm not sure if i have to send you all the numbers or just the numbers missing... and if they have to be separated or all in a string.

If i'm spoiling something please tell so i can edit this post out!

Stream your music and videos to your iPhone and Ipad for free with ZumoCast
Get up to 8.25 GB of free space with DropBox
Unlimited hosting, traffic and a bunch of other features with Dreamhost

March 7, 2010 8:20 pm

Gearhead

78 posts

i solved the puzzle too. i have the final answer but do i pm you the answer and how would i enter it into the form?

March 7, 2010 9:38 pm
darkid

darkid

Automaton Tech

419 posts

you want to enter it in the form merely as the string of numbers... that's it.
I just can't be bothered, as I already have a GW acct.

“Excuse me, I need to soak my brain in acid now.”
“I took Craft Disturbing Mental Image as my feat last level.”
“Maybe my ears, too.”
—Order of the Stick

March 7, 2010 11:42 pm
jamy015

jamy015

Tinkerer

26 posts

falsoman wrote:

I already solved the puzzle, but i'm not sure if i have to send you all the numbers or just the numbers missing... and if they have to be separated or all in a string.

If i'm spoiling something please tell so i can edit this post out!

Just the numbers missing, all in a string. And you're not spoiling anything, don't worry smile

131919 wrote:

i solved the puzzle too. i have the final answer but do i pm you the answer and how would i enter it into the form?

Yeah, it seems i accidentally set that you cannot have 2 entries at the same email address. That's fixed now.

March 8, 2010 3:26 pm
jamy015

jamy015

Tinkerer

26 posts

Hint: It doesn't start with a 1.

March 8, 2010 3:28 pm
deej

deej

Automaton Tech

450 posts

Ah, see, I submitted all the numbers, not just the missing ones.

Get Dropbox! 2.25GB free storage

March 8, 2010 3:57 pm
falsoman

falsoman

Automaton Tech

from México
331 posts

Something awful happened to your Wufoo Account for the form. So i'm gonna send you the answer as a private message, and if you don't want it that way, just disregard it.

March 8, 2010 4:34 pm
jamy015

jamy015

Tinkerer

26 posts

falsoman wrote:

Something awful happened to your Wufoo Account for the form. So i'm gonna send you the answer as a private message, and if you don't want it that way, just disregard it.

That's fine with me, because i just created the form because i usually do not notice the 'New' until later and i don't visit the forums that much, but i get an email notification for a new post in this thread, so...

But i see that i haven't received a PM yet, is that right?

March 8, 2010 5:19 pm
falsoman

falsoman

Automaton Tech

from México
331 posts

jamy015 wrote:
falsoman wrote:

That's fine with me, because i just created the form because i usually do not notice the 'New' until later and i don't visit the forums that much, but i get an email notification for a new post in this thread, so...

But i see that i haven't received a PM yet, is that right?

Sorry, somehow I managed not to press the send button!
It's there now, thanks!

March 9, 2010 5:05 am
zapzack

zapzack

Automaton Tech

from USA
246 posts

Heh.. I enjoy puzzles..

March 13, 2010 4:08 pm
MacHeist Forums » Member Created Heists » [Member Created] WaveHeist

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?