Forums

★ Tweetie (Including Tweetie 2 Beta Access!)

MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ Tweetie (Including Tweetie 2 Beta Access!)
phillryu

phillryu

Administrator

1,569 posts

Discuss Tweetie here, as well as the upcoming version 2. smile

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

March 9, 2010 3:45 pm
t4tav

t4tav

Automaton Tech

from Somewhere in Britain
103 posts

I've never used twitter, But this my start me using it.
and pre-beta access is always a plus big_smile

Thanks Macheist!

Two wrongs don't make a right.
But two rights do make an airplane big_smile

March 9, 2010 3:51 pm
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,765 posts

A Tweetie thread but no RapidWeaver thread yet.. I guess that means it will for sure be unlocked? tongue

I really love the way that Tweetie views conversations, both in tweets and DM's. I also like how you can view information about other users in the app instead of linking to a web broswer.

What I most want to see in v2 is the ability to see multiple accounts in 1 timeline.

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

March 9, 2010 3:51 pm
notyoubutme

notyoubutme

Automaton Tech

from Land of the windmills
374 posts

Great i'm sold! This was the dealmaker for me...

March 9, 2010 3:53 pm
blue_fireball_eater

blue_fireball_eater

from Nashville
2,733 posts

Does Tweetie minimize to the menubar the way that Twitterrific does?

avatar is from Penfield & Jasper, 1954

March 9, 2010 3:56 pm
bucknutz

bucknutz

Automaton Tech

from Ohio
357 posts

atebits please allow the ability to remove tweetie from the dock.

March 9, 2010 3:59 pm
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

bucknutz wrote:

DockDodger (or Dockless) is your friend.

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

March 9, 2010 4:07 pm

kieran.m.kelly

Urchin

2 posts

I bought this bundle specifically for Tweetie 2. Would have bought it anyways but getting early access and all these other apps is icing on the cake.

March 9, 2010 4:11 pm
Ivy

Ivy

Gearhead

from Europe
75 posts

rampancy wrote:
bucknutz wrote:

Thanks!

I prefer Tweetie to Twitterific and the only thing that was bugging me was the dock. I don't wanna see it there. I am downloading Dockless now and I'll give it a try smile

Edit:

Aww, this moved it from the menu bar too sad

Free international calls? Pay only the price of a local call with Rebtel!

March 9, 2010 8:20 pm
jbuff88

jbuff88

Tinkerer

from Orlando, Florida
35 posts

bucknutz wrote:

Yup, agreed. The icon in the dock is useless, and being able to remove it and work only from the menu bar would be very beneficial.

Jeremy Buff
JeremyBuff.com

March 9, 2010 8:25 pm
Miah

Miah

3,676 posts

rampancy wrote:
bucknutz wrote:

Whenever I undock Tweetie, it suddenly is unable to make network connections.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

March 9, 2010 9:09 pm
deej

deej

Automaton Tech

450 posts

Hopefully these will be things that Loren sorts out in Tweetie 2.

Get Dropbox! 2.25GB free storage

March 9, 2010 9:13 pm

freakyantelope

Urchin

1 posts

I've been using Tweetie for a while, and love it.

You actually can remove the icon from the dock without removing it from the menubar pretty easily:

(It won't let me post links, so replace * with .)
macosxhints*com/article.php?story=20010701191518268

This also removes the menus from the menu bar ("File, Edit, etc"), so you'll need remember the keyboard shortcuts to access things in them (for example, preferences).

March 9, 2010 9:51 pm

thebanite

Tinkerer

13 posts

I love Tweeite and have been using it for some time. I think it is smoother and more feature-filled than other clients.

Can't wait for the unlock!

March 9, 2010 10:25 pm
rogue25u20

rogue25u20

Gearhead

from Indiana - U.S.A.
92 posts

My only complaint about Tweetie is the "unread" or "new" notification.  I see that the Tweetie icon in the menu bar is blue so click on it to see what's new. Because I have it automatically stay at the top, I easily see the newest tweets, but in order for the icon to revert back to black I have to scroll up or down a little for it to realize that I have seen the new tweets.

Get DropBox - 2 GB + 250 MB for free

March 9, 2010 10:30 pm

Heckle0

Urchin

1 posts

Almost unlocked!

March 9, 2010 10:50 pm
iDarbert

iDarbert

Big Game Hunter

from Lost Town
700 posts

I only now realized the peculiarity about the unlock goal.
DERP

March 9, 2010 11:14 pm
Njordy

Njordy

Urchin

from Russia, Moscow
6 posts

unlocked.
there I can find beta2.0?

March 9, 2010 11:50 pm
zeebe

zeebe

Tinkerer

from Minnesota
10 posts

yes, where is the beta of 2.0?!

http://www.zeebedesigns.com
Help a non-profit as you search the Internet
Use GoodSearch - http://www.goodsearch.com
I support Sacred Heart School - http://www.sacredheartschoolrobbinsdale.org

March 9, 2010 11:51 pm
koki

koki

Automaton Tech

444 posts

zeebe wrote:

yes, where is the beta of 2.0?!

It was mentioned in another thread that Beta access will come in a month or so. In the meantime you have a free unlocked version of Tweetie, with a free upgrade to Tweetie 2 when that comes out.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 10, 2010 12:00 am
picma

picma

Tinkerer

from V
25 posts

I already bought the heist...but this app is just awesome as i thought of buying it anyways smile

grasshopper

March 10, 2010 12:04 am
jaam

jaam

Tinkerer

30 posts

I am using tweetie (version 1.2.4) at the moment (free version with ads). Do I need to re-download the app again from MacHeist or I can just enter the serial number into my current one?

Thank you for answering in advance ;-)

Edit: I tried to enter the license with the current Tweetie without downloading from MacHeist receipt page. The serial was accepted and it seems to be working fine (so far).

what a coincidence, somehow ORANGE is one of my favourite colours.

March 10, 2010 12:05 am
kblessinggr

kblessinggr

Automaton Tech

from Grand Rapids, Michigan
176 posts

... So where do you put the serial # I'm just prompted to enter a username and password, but no button to register/activate.

N/m seems it was asking for a twitter login. After the coverscout run of fun I thought I had to register.

Note To Dev : In the dialog could you perhaps add "Enter your Twitter Login" or something like that so that when people such as myself have brain farts, its a lil clearer tongue

March 10, 2010 12:15 am
Mori3335

Mori3335

Gearhead

from Warsaw, Poland
50 posts

Buying this bundle just for Tweetie makes it worth it!

I got a $2 discount too ... wonder why.

--
Moridin
"Speed doesn't kill; it's coming to a sudden stop that gets you."
"Your bases are all belong to us!"

March 10, 2010 12:16 am
muchar

muchar

Tinkerer

from Warsaw
36 posts

@Mori3335 - It's top secret, so shh tongue

muchar - green wind ;> TEAM   Green Monkeys™ 

March 10, 2010 12:51 am
painttheskygrey

painttheskygrey

Automaton Tech

from Atlanta
201 posts

Miah wrote:
rampancy wrote:
bucknutz wrote:

Undock it, and then make sure the window's active. Hit ctrl+, to go to the prefs, and remove and re-add your accounts. Should work; did the trick for me.

March 10, 2010 12:55 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

Is upgrade to version 2.0 going to be free for all users? Or will it just be for those who purchased the bundle?

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

March 10, 2010 1:09 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

freakyantelope wrote:

You actually can remove the icon from the dock without removing it from the menubar pretty easily:

This also removes the menus from the menu bar ("File, Edit, etc"), so you'll need remember the keyboard shortcuts to access things in them (for example, preferences).

painttheskygrey wrote:
Miah wrote:
rampancy wrote:

Undock it, and then make sure the window's active. Hit ctrl+, to go to the prefs, and remove and re-add your accounts. Should work; did the trick for me.

Neither of these work... Dock Dodgers works, but when you restart the app you have to re-enter the accounts in order for it to work again.

March 10, 2010 1:16 am
foliovision

foliovision

Urchin

5 posts

Finally an app worth having besides Macjournal and RipIt (already own). Unlike that user harassment trash CoverScout. Well done. I've bought finally.

March 10, 2010 2:13 am
swessell@kent.edu

swessell@kent.edu

Automaton Tech

from Ohio
173 posts

I like Tweetie, but I wish we could remove it from the dock without having to use some outside program.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 10, 2010 2:14 am
capt_carl

capt_carl

Tinkerer

from Huntington, NY
48 posts

I already owned a paid version of Tweetie 1.2.4.  I almost regret buying it then.

Almost.

Wait no, feeling has passed.  I love Tweetie.  I use it on my iPhone, and I use it on my MacBook.  Sadly it's Echofon (Firefox extension) when I'm on my PC.

March 10, 2010 2:16 am
mike007

mike007

Automaton Tech

from Indiana
370 posts

What is the default refresh interval for this?  It seems long very slow to me.  Getting tweets from 20min ago.

March 10, 2010 2:21 am
capt_carl

capt_carl

Tinkerer

from Huntington, NY
48 posts

I believe it's three minutes, but don't quote me on that.

March 10, 2010 2:22 am
mike007

mike007

Automaton Tech

from Indiana
370 posts

capt_carl wrote:

I believe it's three minutes, but don't quote me on that.

There is not any settings to change it either if it is.

March 10, 2010 2:26 am
painttheskygrey

painttheskygrey

Automaton Tech

from Atlanta
201 posts

f16332 wrote:
freakyantelope wrote:

painttheskygrey wrote:
Miah wrote:

Neither of these work... Dock Dodgers works, but when you restart the app you have to re-enter the accounts in order for it to work again.

I tested the method I described above using Dockless and Dock Dogers, and it works... What's not happening that you want to?

March 10, 2010 2:46 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

painttheskygrey wrote:

I tested the method I described above using Dockless and Dock Dogers, and it works... What's not happening that you want to?

Every time I restart tweetie, i have to redo the process.

March 10, 2010 2:51 am
rmallen

rmallen

Tinkerer

11 posts

Forgive my ignorance, but aside from the fact I don't need my browser, and I can preview urls... I don't see much of a benefit to tweetie compared to, say, tweetdeck, which also me an incredible amount of presentation customization given its column system...

can I get a brief rundown of some of the benefits here? It looks polished, I'm just not seeing how to take advantage of it, or why I should switch from tweetdeck...

March 10, 2010 3:07 am
painttheskygrey

painttheskygrey

Automaton Tech

from Atlanta
201 posts

f16332 wrote:
painttheskygrey wrote:

Every time I restart tweetie, i have to redo the process.

Then don't restart it? tongue

Yeah, I see now. I hadn't closed it yet. Damn.

March 10, 2010 3:12 am
capt_carl

capt_carl

Tinkerer

from Huntington, NY
48 posts

f16332 wrote:

Is upgrade to version 2.0 going to be free for all users? Or will it just be for those who purchased the bundle?

I believe Loren said it will be free for all registered Tweetie 1.2.4 owners.  The beta access is probably just for the MacHeist owners, as there's been no official announcement from Loren stating that.

March 10, 2010 3:48 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

capt_carl wrote:
f16332 wrote:

I believe Loren said it will be free for all registered Tweetie 1.2.4 owners.  The beta access is probably just for the MacHeist owners, as there's been no official announcement from Loren stating that.

Alright, I don't really care for the beta.

March 10, 2010 3:59 am

IvanCTorres

Urchin

2 posts

Sorry for the new question, but how do you register the app? everytime I try to register it sends me to a page to input my credit card info.

March 10, 2010 5:21 am
remedyloame

remedyloame

Tinkerer

from New Zealand
19 posts

IvanCTorres wrote:

Sorry for the new question, but how do you register the app? everytime I try to register it sends me to a page to input my credit card info.

I'm having this problem too.

[ Twitter ]

March 10, 2010 5:46 am

IvanCTorres

Urchin

2 posts

remedyloame wrote:
IvanCTorres wrote:

Ok figured it out. Go to Tweetie, click registration, type in your email, then copy paste the code into the space that asks for the license. It automatically registers at that point. Seem like my problem was that i wasn't copy/pasting.

March 10, 2010 5:59 am
remedyloame

remedyloame

Tinkerer

from New Zealand
19 posts

IvanCTorres wrote:
remedyloame wrote:
IvanCTorres wrote:

Ok figured it out. Go to Tweetie, click registration, type in your email, then copy paste the code into the space that asks for the license. It automatically registers at that point. Seem like my problem was that i wasn't copy/pasting.

I was copy/pasting, but I put in the wrong email address, serves me right for trying to do these things right when I've only just woken up.  big_smile

[ Twitter ]

March 10, 2010 6:06 am

shaolinpunks

Urchin

2 posts

rmallen wrote:

why I should switch from tweetdeck...

Tweetie lets you create video messages. Does tweetdeck?

March 10, 2010 6:58 am
DreadedKilla

DreadedKilla

Sky Pirate

from Kelowna
1,164 posts

shaolinpunks wrote:
rmallen wrote:

why I should switch from tweetdeck...

Tweetie lets you create video messages. Does tweetdeck?

It's not a matter of what you can or cannot do. Tweetdeck can integrate with Facebook. Can Tweetie?

It's a matter of whether or not you need those features. I don't need video uploading cuz I hardly make vids.

March 10, 2010 7:03 am
GoldenChaos

GoldenChaos

Gearhead

from Hydrocity Act 2
97 posts

DreadedKilla wrote:

It's not a matter of what you can or cannot do. Tweetdeck can integrate with Facebook. Can Tweetie?

Loren has actually stated officially that Tweetie will (fortunately) stick to supporting twitter and only twitter, so as to provide the best experience in a singular area.

As for the whole dock icon removal thing, I've been begging for an update to allow dock icon removal for a long time. There was a HUGE thread about it on Get Satisfaction where 500+ people wanted the dock icon gone (or, conversely, the menu icon gone), and Loren's response was that there's no way to do this on OS X without sacrificing the menu bar.

Since he believes that the menu bar is "the heart of Tweetie", the dock icon isn't going anywhere. It's for similar reasons that RealMac removed LittleSnapper's option to hide the dock icon.

Personally, I could care less about the menu bar - give me my dock space back, please!

Founder of GoodSemester and ultra-webmaster of Zelda Universe and Zelda Wiki. I also have a blog that sometimes has ice cream.

March 10, 2010 7:08 am
DreadedKilla

DreadedKilla

Sky Pirate

from Kelowna
1,164 posts

GoldenChaos wrote:
DreadedKilla wrote:

Loren has actually stated officially that Tweetie will (fortunately) stick to supporting twitter and only twitter, so as to provide the best experience in a singular area.

I used that as a comparison, and I know for a fact that Tweetie will only stay with twitter, hence its validity as a comparison tongue

March 10, 2010 7:17 am

lucashuiz

Urchin

from Amsterdam
1 posts

Twittie just is the best. In looks and feel. I love it.

http://magiclabs.nl

March 10, 2010 8:10 am
cliffrowley

cliffrowley

Urchin

from UK
6 posts

Miah wrote:
rampancy wrote:
bucknutz wrote:

It's because in order to hide its dock icon, an app needs to modify a file inside itself - which invalidates it against its code signature, which in turn means it's no longer allowed to do things it was previously privileged to do.  Dock icon hiding isn't supported by OS X.

March 10, 2010 8:10 am
MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ Tweetie (Including Tweetie 2 Beta Access!)

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?