Forums

✚ CoverScout Support

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ CoverScout Support

GenghisJuan

Urchin

1 posts

Created my account, pasted in my MacHeist receipt Serial number in the Activation code box, now says "The Activation Code entered is invalid. Please be sure you have entered the Activation Code correctly.
Sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish between the letter "O" and the number "0" as well as the letter "I" and the number "1"."
sad

What a PITA

March 10, 2010 4:42 pm
Radar323

Radar323

Urchin

from Port Orchard, WA
1 posts

Glad I got other good apps from the nanoBundle 2, 'cause this one is crap.

No, you do not need my street address. No, I do not need your Equinux account.

On top of that, it started associating incorrect album covers with the songs in my library.

No, I do not need to use your app. Pfaugh!

… and deleted.

March 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Spooter

Urchin

2 posts

Created an account and everything went ok

March 10, 2010 5:52 pm

sgustafson

Urchin

2 posts

I don't want an equinux account or ID. I really just want a place to put in the simple serial number I got without anything else needed. I'm not giving any of my personal information to this company and I certainly don't want them to have my email address so I can get spam from them.

I deleted both CoverScout and SongGenie from my computer after being unable to register the application without having to give my personal details.

March 10, 2010 6:10 pm

jacksam101

Urchin

1 posts

Another application from this bundle that I won't be using - I'm not putting all my info in just to activate a serial number I've already bought - ridiculous.

Doubt if I'll be buying a Macheist bundle again - so far 2 useful apps

March 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Volcom-

Urchin

1 posts

hello,
i just bought the bundle and my question:

will i get a serial for songgenie, because the one from cover scout isn't working.

greets from germany

March 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Galloc

Urchin

1 posts

The Product key I obtained with the nanobundle2 seems to be invalid. I've entered it with dashes, without dashes, to no avail. Anybody have any hints?

March 10, 2010 7:21 pm

stan68

Urchin

1 posts

SongGenie has appeared in my applications folder out of nowhere! Does CoverScout automatically install SongGenie too? If so, is it a registered version? Thanks

March 10, 2010 7:33 pm

rav3

Urchin

1 posts

i got my coverscout and it installed song genie is that also a full copy?

March 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Vincibutzi

Urchin

1 posts

how to registrate coverscout ? Their was´nt a window to do this!

March 10, 2010 8:38 pm

hannesbk

Urchin

2 posts

I downloaded CoverScout, installed it - and it turned out to be SongGenie, another software of that company. Therefore my serial is worthless... I deleted SongGenie and downloaded CoverScout a second time, same result.
Any suggestions?

March 10, 2010 10:00 pm

hannesbk

Urchin

2 posts

So I am not the only one with this peculiar problem.

March 10, 2010 10:05 pm

akasnowmaaan

Urchin

1 posts

Why the hell are you requiring my physical address for shareware?
That's ridiculous. I shouldn't have to give that out.

I can see it for things like Adobe CS (because they have physical discs, paid support, etc.) but for this? Overkill.

Name, email address, user ID, password.

March 10, 2010 10:13 pm

ChriX

Urchin

1 posts

Anyone know if it's possible to get it to fill in the cover art for all music in iTunes library (not just stuff held locally)? I keep 99% of my music on a NAS and have imported to iTunes without copying to my Mac. Coverscout only picks up the single album I hold on my Mac rather than on the NAS.

March 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Cherze

Urchin

1 posts

This process sucks..

March 11, 2010 12:17 am

jrwignall

Urchin

1 posts

so i downloaded coverscout but when i click on it to install it, it says failure: not all requirements were meant.  can anyone tell me what the requirements are and what i have to do to get this to work?

March 11, 2010 1:37 am

byrneoffutt@gmail.com

Urchin

1 posts

I just got coverscout and it keeps quitting out. It opens for a minute and then quits. I have tried reloading it three times and it keeps doing it. Help!

March 11, 2010 3:12 am

marco82

Urchin

1 posts

My registration doesn't work. I register with the company and then copied in pasted my registration code and it comes back as invalid? Any suggestions?

March 11, 2010 3:59 am

torreym

Urchin

1 posts

THIS IS BS. I paid for this crap nanobundle, yet when I try to use CoverScout, all I am able to download are album covers with DEMO scrawled across them. BS.

March 11, 2010 5:33 am
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

torreym wrote:

THIS IS BS. I paid for this crap nanobundle, yet when I try to use CoverScout, all I am able to download are album covers with DEMO scrawled across them. BS.

You have to register CoverScout smart one... then the DEMO will go away....

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

March 11, 2010 5:44 am

jayturley

Urchin

2 posts

I simply uninstalled CoverScout and SongGenie... who knows if I got everything; it's poorly-behaved software. The main reason I uninstalled it is because I got the activition code from the nanoBundle receipt, but I can't use it without giving some company my info?

I have a problem with being held hostage for my personal information. I have no problem giving it to a company I'm interested in or trust, but this process soured me right away.

And as a new Mac user, I'm not even sure if I got everything when I dragged the applications to the trash, because it installed three packages. It's just this kind of stuff I had hoped to avoid when moving from Windows. What's next? A registry which I'll have to hack to remove poorly-behaved software?

March 11, 2010 6:47 am

mikebway

Urchin

1 posts

Very disappointing, could not register because my email address is supposedly "invalid" when it is perfectly legal. I have removed CoverScout and rather doubt that I will be buying any future MacHeist bundles.

I was really only interested in CoverScout and Flow; I cannot license CoverScout and Flow can't perform SFTP connections using SSH keys to authenticate. Flow looks prettier than CyberDuck but doesn't have half the functionality (no SSH key authentication, no directory synchronization, etc).

March 12, 2010 12:18 am

vinylrake1

Tinkerer

30 posts

Not sure what all the complaints about having to provide an email address to register your software are about. If you lose your serial# or your hard drive crashes and you need to reinstall how do you expect Equinux to be able to tell if you ever payed for CoverScout?  Or do you expect them to just give out serial#s to everyone who contacts them saying "I bought CoverScout 3 years ago and my hard drive crashed so I don't have my serial# could you just give me a new one?" That's ridiculous.  It's not unreasonable at all for a company to ask for an email address when you are registering a product so they have some proof of purchase/identity. 

As for having to enter the other personal data? I am amazed that in 2010 any internet savvy person feels that just because an online form says 'name' and 'street address' that you are somehow obligated to enter your real life accurate data. You can enter your info as  O.I.HateYourApp, 123 IhateCoverScout Lane, Goaway, ME. It's not like they are going to come to your house to see if it's a real address.

March 12, 2010 2:55 am

Roverto

Urchin

1 posts

This stupid enquinix stuff sucks...
I cant reg my coverscout... wtf... =/

March 14, 2010 12:09 am

jausoro@gmail.com

Urchin

1 posts

Hi,

Just download my copy from the Macheist Bundle, and do I have to open a Equinux account with all my personal info again?

Oh, please could I activate my copy with the licence sent by Macheis, just the way it is done with the other applications?

March 15, 2010 12:20 pm

vinylrake1

Tinkerer

30 posts

The activation process for applications is controlled by the application developer since they are the ones who wrote the application, MacHeist has no control over how activations are done.

March 15, 2010 4:19 pm

ramzyn

Urchin

1 posts

Bought Cover Scout and have email receipt and serial number.  It is not letting me register.  Please advise - entering my email in the ID/PW retrieval returns as message saying they have no record of me.  Everything is documented.  ramzyn at yahoo dot com.  Thanks in advance for your help.

March 20, 2010 3:16 pm

DocNic

Urchin

1 posts

Coverscout - please allow us who bought your program to activate it without equinux - none of the other programs required this complex a process.  I was about to activate mine but will wait.  When the patch comes I'd love to activate it as a paying customer - as an FYI, it should always be easy for a paying customer to sign up - I'm a student transitioning to the real world and it baffles me sometimes that the real world is more difficult to navigate, even though I'm paying for it.  Cheers

March 31, 2010 8:03 pm

Olga Prado

Urchin

2 posts

I have installed cover scout but it keeps saying that it's a DEMO -- where do I register my coverscout so that I can actually use it?

April 6, 2010 5:41 am

Olga Prado

Urchin

2 posts

I cannot register my coverscout.  I keep reinstalling it and there is NO option for me to register. It keeps popping up as a DEMO. Help!

April 6, 2010 6:35 am
flec65

flec65

Big Game Hunter

from Montréal QC
504 posts

You should contact the developer directly with your problem.
Equinux Support

Take a look at the second question in the FAQ...

April 6, 2010 10:56 am

Dardonardo

Urchin

1 posts

My macbook died and upgraded to a macbook, now I cannot activate coverflow again. How to do it please?

May 3, 2010 10:37 pm
sstch

sstch

Tinkerer

14 posts

Hey,
I use XBMC as my media app. I would like to know if it is possible to get Cover Scout to save the album covers as files in the folder the album is in.

When the album covers are simply stored as some type of metadata, it doesn't show up in all apps.

July 18, 2010 1:06 am
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ CoverScout Support

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?