✚ Squeeze Support

MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ Squeeze Support
bigmac2

bigmac2

Urchin

4 posts

MrBrainz wrote:

Yep using Snow Leopard and 1.0.4.

Looking at the madness going on in the console I'd really like to reformat my lappy and start again. Shame my CD drive is knackered....

It look bad, you should run a repair disk on your HD just in case, since you have already issue with your optical drive, I assume you got a +2 years old computer, your HD can have hiccup (bad sector).  Check if you have a lost & found folder in your root.

March 5, 2010 2:21 am
jpfrantz

jpfrantz

Urchin

from Tokyo
5 posts

Before the recent release of the nanoBundle, I signed up to receive a free license for Squeeze. Actually, I tried to sign up 3 times before the deadline, but I never received the license. LateNiteSoft has no record of it either.

I've already installed the Squeeze preference pane, but I can't use it without the license. So I'd like to know how to get my license.

I previously bought MacHeist 3 and was pretty happy with it; however, now I'm a it hesitant to purchase another.

March 6, 2010 3:07 am
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

jpfrantz wrote:

Before the recent release of the nanoBundle, I signed up to receive a free license for Squeeze. Actually, I tried to sign up 3 times before the deadline, but I never received the license. LateNiteSoft has no record of it either.

I've already installed the Squeeze preference pane, but I can't use it without the license. So I'd like to know how to get my license.

I previously bought MacHeist 3 and was pretty happy with it; however, now I'm a it hesitant to purchase another.

I hate to say this, but it's probably too late.  If you had posted your question during the giveaway I'm sure it would have been straightened out.  But it's been days since the deadline, and seeing as you didn't say anything before now, I can't help but wonder if you're simply trying to squeeze into the giveaway (pun intended).  Sorry if that isn't true, it's just how it appears.

NovaStorm Software || @NovaStormSW || @jfm429 || Dropbox + Extra Storage

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
- Alan Kay, inventor of Object-Oriented programming

March 6, 2010 6:35 pm
Miah

Miah

3,676 posts

jpfrantz wrote:

Take note that it should appear in the loot page. If nothing else, give a look there.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

March 6, 2010 7:57 pm
jpfrantz

jpfrantz

Urchin

from Tokyo
5 posts

Miah, Nope, nothing appears in my loot page...

jfm429, I really did try three times to submit the form. It even forwarded me to Twitter where I left a tweet in my profile (on Feb 25th).

twitter<dot>com/jpfrantz; you can check.

March 7, 2010 3:23 am
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

jpfrantz wrote:

Miah, Nope, nothing appears in my loot page...

jfm429, I really did try three times to submit the form. It even forwarded me to Twitter where I left a tweet in my profile (on Feb 25th).

twitter<dot>com/jpfrantz; you can check.

Ah, yep, I can confirm that.  I stand corrected.  There is definitive evidence that, by all accounts, you should be compressin' with a full license of Squeeze this very second.  tongue

Just to be sure, were you signed in when you tried it?  I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, but it might.  (I do notice your account's older than the giveaway, so no problems there).

NovaStorm Software || @NovaStormSW || @jfm429 || Dropbox + Extra Storage

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
- Alan Kay, inventor of Object-Oriented programming

March 7, 2010 7:33 am
jpfrantz

jpfrantz

Urchin

from Tokyo
5 posts

jfm429 wrote:

Ah, yep, I can confirm that.  I stand corrected.  There is definitive evidence that, by all accounts, you should be compressin' with a full license of Squeeze this very second.  tongue

Just to be sure, were you signed in when you tried it?  I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, but it might.  (I do notice your account's older than the giveaway, so no problems there).

I'm pretty sure I was signed in, at least on the 2nd and 3rd attempts.

March 7, 2010 7:37 am
Miah

Miah

3,676 posts

I would call this a simple "did not get license issue" and I would say the best option would be to ask via the new support system as there appears to be more options that just issues regarding the currently selling bundle.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can do to help.

Just be sure to be verbose. Link the tweet you did for one on the ticket.

March 7, 2010 7:45 am
jpfrantz

jpfrantz

Urchin

from Tokyo
5 posts

Miah wrote:

I would call this a simple "did not get license issue" and I would say the best option would be to ask via the new support system as there appears to be more options that just issues regarding the currently selling bundle.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can do to help.

Just be sure to be verbose. Link the tweet you did for one on the ticket.

Thanks, I tried that, but the folks here at MacHeist couldn't help me. However, the nice people over at LateNiteSoft did give me a license after I filed a ticket with them. Problem solved!

March 11, 2010 12:21 pm

georgn

Urchin

2 posts

Got the nanobundle2 and a friend mentioned squeeze.  Did a double take and found that it wasn't in my list.  Did I miss out?

March 11, 2010 4:39 pm
deej

deej

Automaton Tech

450 posts

georgn wrote:

Got the nanobundle2 and a friend mentioned squeeze.  Did a double take and found that it wasn't in my list.  Did I miss out?

Yes.

Squeeze was only available before the nanoBundle went on sale.

Get Dropbox! 2.25GB free storage

March 11, 2010 5:11 pm

georgn

Urchin

2 posts

Ok, thanks.

March 11, 2010 5:57 pm

OngL

Tinkerer

16 posts

How stable is the compression in Snow Leopard? I am thinking to put my Parallels Desktop VM HDD image file there. Any opinion?

March 12, 2010 2:44 pm
Miah

Miah

3,676 posts

OngL wrote:

How stable is the compression in Snow Leopard? I am thinking to put my Parallels Desktop VM HDD image file there. Any opinion?

VM HDD compression is a bad idea.

Compression of files is best on the sort of things that you open a lot but don't write to. That would mean most if not all applications, documents, etc.

A VM HDD is a terrible idea because every time you write to a compressed file, it basically has to copy the compressed file to a non-compressed form and then write the changes. This also means that you would have to compress that HDD file every time you use it.

I'm pretty sure Parallels has volume compression. If you use this in conjunction with NTFS compression, you'll get about the best results you can expect without the serious slowdowns.

March 12, 2010 5:51 pm

OngL

Tinkerer

16 posts

Thanks. then how would it be stable compared to trusted NTFS compression. I certainly don't want to lose data over saving some space... is this trusted feature?

March 13, 2010 1:03 am
Miah

Miah

3,676 posts

Absolutely. HFS+ has a built-in compression just like NTFS does. In fact, it's on some apps (anything that installed with Snow Leopard for starters; i.e. iCal, iTunes, etc) by default. Put simply, Squeeze is more of a frontend for this feature. I do believe that you can get the same results with terminal commands, but Squeeze does two other things that the terminal command wouldn't be able to: live updating (if you have a folder on the list and add an item to the folder, Squeeze will automatically compress it) and exclusion lists (it will be default ignore formats that don't compress very well or at all to save you time - such formats include MP3, AAC, AVI, MOV, you get the idea).

To run something that's compressed, you don't even need squeeze. That particular ability is coded into the system by Apple and they seem to trust their own tech enough to bundle their apps with it.

March 13, 2010 3:20 am

simonytang@gmail.com

Urchin

1 posts

I've been having issues with carbon copy cloner ever since using squeeze.  I get an error in carbon copy cloner, something to the effect of file i/o error.  Is there a known compatibility issue? 

Time machine seems to work fine but I haven't tested whether the actual back up are intact and functional.

May 26, 2010 6:27 pm
taeksang3456

taeksang3456

Tinkerer

17 posts

Hey, the newest version was working great, but I just got a message that said that my demo has expired. I then tried re-inputting my license key and that worked for a day. Now, however, the application once again says that the demo has expired, and putting in the license again doesn't work. What should I do?

February 21, 2011 2:47 am
MacHeist Forums » Support Desk » ✚ Squeeze Support

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?