Forums

★ Tales of Monkey Island

MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ Tales of Monkey Island
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,686 posts

mykol wrote:

i've tried downloading from telltale for n times already, and each 220MB file is always corrupted. anyone having this problem too?

Are you talking about a corrupted DMG or program file?

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

March 13, 2010 5:48 am
spolvid

spolvid

Tinkerer

17 posts

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/sho … p?t=15371]

Telltale fixed the problems people were having getting the game to start. I downloaded it again and it works fine for me now.

March 13, 2010 5:49 am
mykol

mykol

Tinkerer

from Philippines
44 posts

miah, corrupted DMG. i'm downloading via Speed Download. trying to download again. sheesh.

dropbox referral link: https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTMxMTA5NDk

March 13, 2010 7:05 am
abfa00

abfa00

Gearhead

from Boston, MA
60 posts

I ended up having to get a manual unlock code but the support person was really helpful. Now the game's running great  (13 inch MBP purchased last June) but... I don't have sound. The volume is turned up all the way on my laptop and in settings, but I can't hear anything. I can't find anyone else with this problem but I've tried redownloading sad

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwNDUyMDk

March 13, 2010 5:32 pm
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,686 posts

mykol wrote:

miah, corrupted DMG. i'm downloading via Speed Download. trying to download again. sheesh.

I don't know if this is sure to work, but it did work on a different product for me sometime back.

Google for a utility called FlashMount. It basically quickly mounts the disk without doing the checksum or displaying the EULA first. In short, it makes images mount faster, but it's also a good tool to have on the off chance that you have an otherwise perfectly fine image that just isn't behaving.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

March 13, 2010 6:38 pm
moviegod

moviegod

Automaton Tech

from Germany
188 posts

abfa00 wrote:

I ended up having to get a manual unlock code

Still waiting for those. I have literally sent a dozen mails to the telltale support now and only got automated responses telling me to wait for a real one. I have yet to receive the manual unlock codes or a way to reset my password.

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB free backup space

March 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Phil Craddock

Phil Craddock

Tinkerer

from Neverland
12 posts

This game is just fantastically well done!
Love it.

Don't forget to buy me a present!

March 14, 2010 4:57 pm
mauko

mauko

Automaton Tech

216 posts

I'm still not able to run it, it doesn't work... I downloaded a few times, I've been to the developer's forum, I did repair permissions... the game starts in the Dock and then I get simple blank white window...

There is NO signature, do you see a signature?

March 15, 2010 8:34 am

Serge Beaumont

Urchin

5 posts

I downloaded the first chapter from telltale, registered it, and ran it. It freezes every time very quickly into the game: the music keeps playing, but otherwise it hangs so badly that I have to hard reset my MBP. It's totally unplayable... :-(

It's version 2.0.3.21. Does anybody else have this?

edit: I see this in the logs:


15-03-10 19:12:51    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_hatchBump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:12:52    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_woodABump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:12:52    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_ropeCoil.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:12:53    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_woodCoffin.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:12:53    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_narwhalShipPileBump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:12:55    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_ropeDark.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:13:13    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Executed Rule: "demo.dlg:use_voodooRecipe"
15-03-10 19:13:13    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_idolMerfolkCBump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:17:26    com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[146]    ([0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]) Exited: Killed

A whole lot of DirectX stuff not found complaints, it executes a rule, does not find something else and freezes. This is exactly where it froze last time, when I picked up the small coffin on the boat.

March 15, 2010 10:05 pm
cianmm

cianmm

Automaton Tech

from Dublin, Ireland
408 posts

I am finding the control system to be the single most annoying control system ever made in a game ever. But then again, I haven't really played a huge number of games.

Here comes my fourth season of MacHeist!

March 15, 2010 10:15 pm
BugSquash

BugSquash

Gearhead

from Houston
80 posts

cianmm wrote:

I am finding the control system to be the single most annoying control system ever made in a game ever.

Agreed. The keyboard controls aren't bad, though, but they don't always correspond to the direction the camera is facing (e.g. the up arrow will move you to the left or diagonally) and they stop working sometimes when the camera changes.

March 15, 2010 10:20 pm
sean77408

sean77408

Tinkerer

from Cleveland Ohio
12 posts

These games are pretty great, I like them even though I'm pretty bad at figuring out puzzles and stuff. There are a couple glitches though. Overall, I'd give them a 8.5/10 smile

Follow me on Twitter!

March 16, 2010 3:37 am
smokeytams

smokeytams

Gearhead

65 posts

Serge Beaumont wrote:

I downloaded the first chapter from telltale, registered it, and ran it. It freezes every time very quickly into the game: the music keeps playing, but otherwise it hangs so badly that I have to hard reset my MBP. It's totally unplayable... :-(

It's version 2.0.3.21. Does anybody else have this?

edit: I see this in the logs:


15-03-10 19:12:51    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_hatchBump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:12:52    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_woodABump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:12:52    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_ropeCoil.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:12:53    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_woodCoffin.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:12:53    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_narwhalShipPileBump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:12:55    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_ropeDark.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:13:13    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Executed Rule: "demo.dlg:use_voodooRecipe"
15-03-10 19:13:13    [0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]    Texture "bmap_map_idolMerfolkCBump.d3dtx" has no DirectX data!
15-03-10 19:17:26    com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[146]    ([0x0-0x1d01d].com.telltalegames.MonkeyIsland101[230]) Exited: Killed

A whole lot of DirectX stuff not found complaints, it executes a rule, does not find something else and freezes. This is exactly where it froze last time, when I picked up the small coffin on the boat.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't DirectX only on Windows?

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 16, 2010 4:58 am
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,686 posts

It is. Curious though because this is formed just like a classic Mac debuglog.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

March 16, 2010 5:21 am
smokeytams

smokeytams

Gearhead

65 posts

LOL's, Looks like the two have mated and produced a Mac/Windows hybrid! :-)

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜

March 16, 2010 5:33 am
moviegod

moviegod

Automaton Tech

from Germany
188 posts

So far 18 Mails to the Telltale support, still no answer (except two automated ones, telling me to wait for answers).

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB free backup space

March 16, 2010 11:33 am
sean77408

sean77408

Tinkerer

from Cleveland Ohio
12 posts

I hate when that happens. Once I sent an email for support, an actual person told me they would help and they would email back. They never did, and that was a couple years ago. (I know this doesn't really help you)

Follow me on Twitter!

March 16, 2010 9:33 pm

ramild

Urchin

3 posts

I agree that the controls are very awkward.
I also have had the freezing issue.
It's made me keep mostly away from the games, which is a bummer...

March 17, 2010 8:35 am
Spationaute

Spationaute

Gearhead

from Canada- QC
50 posts

Really fun! The support are good to!

◤                                  ◥
       ✯Purple
eam✯
◣                                  ◢

March 17, 2010 1:41 pm
moviegod

moviegod

Automaton Tech

from Germany
188 posts

I finally got an answer from Telltale, they sent me a new password and the manual unlock codes. The codes don't seem to work, but the online activation does.
I'm really, really not a fan of online activation for software that's supposed to work offline, but I also don't want to wait another week for support.

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB free backup space

March 17, 2010 3:14 pm
iDarbert

iDarbert

Big Game Hunter

from Lost Town
700 posts

smokeytams wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't DirectX only on Windows?

Miah wrote:

It is. Curious though because this is formed just like a classic Mac debuglog.

Isn't there some kind of DirectX native model or texture format or something like that? I remember fiddling with it in the past.

March 18, 2010 9:32 am
March 18, 2010 11:58 am

TeamKMH

Tinkerer

from UK
45 posts

jake74 wrote:

Playing this on a MacBook Pro with external monitor, and the mouse control is seriously irritating. After every drag to move in any direction, the mouse cursor is left at the bottom left of the monitor. Every. Single. Time.

Got tiring very quickly, I might have to get the PC version if this is a repeating problem!

use the up down left and right keys smile

KieransMadHouse Because free things are cool!

March 21, 2010 8:15 am
cianmm

cianmm

Automaton Tech

from Dublin, Ireland
408 posts

BugSquash wrote:
cianmm wrote:

I am finding the control system to be the single most annoying control system ever made in a game ever.

Agreed. The keyboard controls aren't bad, though, but they don't always correspond to the direction the camera is facing (e.g. the up arrow will move you to the left or diagonally) and they stop working sometimes when the camera changes.

The random camera changes are also part of the system that really really annoy me. WHY does it do it?

Here comes my fourth season of MacHeist!

March 21, 2010 1:49 pm
iDarbert

iDarbert

Big Game Hunter

from Lost Town
700 posts

cianmm wrote:
BugSquash wrote:
cianmm wrote:

I am finding the control system to be the single most annoying control system ever made in a game ever.

Agreed. The keyboard controls aren't bad, though, but they don't always correspond to the direction the camera is facing (e.g. the up arrow will move you to the left or diagonally) and they stop working sometimes when the camera changes.

The random camera changes are also part of the system that really really annoy me. WHY does it do it?

It's supposed to help you examine your surroundings better when you move to a different area
it kinda reminds me of the old fixed camera games, actually

March 21, 2010 5:04 pm
BugSquash

BugSquash

Gearhead

from Houston
80 posts

It would be nice to have a smooth transition though (even the original Monkey Island scrolled when possible instead of just snapping into a different view).

March 23, 2010 1:12 am
iDarbert

iDarbert

Big Game Hunter

from Lost Town
700 posts

BugSquash wrote:

It would be nice to have a smooth transition though (even the original Monkey Island scrolled when possible instead of just snapping into a different view).

DAT SCROLLING.
So jerky and clunky, yet so memorable.

There was no notion of camera angle back then though, it was more like panning.
Somehow I think it would be even more annoying if the camera gently moved over to the new angle EVERY TIME you move around tongue

March 23, 2010 8:11 am

yaverot

Urchin

3 posts

Since I appear to allowed one and only one post at telltale's site, does anyone know when the fixed version of the game will be out?

March 28, 2010 1:01 am

lerwegian

Urchin

1 posts

I can't use it at home as I have no link to the internet there.  I have to be at my partner's house, which does have broadband.  Disappointing really, but games were not my first reason for buying this.

March 29, 2010 4:36 pm

jhenelen19@yahoo.com

Urchin

2 posts

where can i download it?

April 3, 2010 11:38 am

jhenelen19@yahoo.com

Urchin

2 posts

where can i download it?

April 3, 2010 11:41 am

yaverot

Urchin

3 posts

jhenelen19, MacHiest screwed up big time by allowing Telltale to not provide a clean download link and unlock code.
From the MacHeist receipt, you click the download button, this takes you to a page that redeems your code at Telltale, so that you have to go through account creation there (why anyone thinks I want more usernames and paswords to track is beyond me), then, after you complete account creation, you click the joystick icon near the upper-left, this brings you to their receipt, which lists each of the 5 parts of the game, that you need to download and activate separately. 
Part 1 is "Launch of the Screaming Narwhal", I don't have the crash-at-startup problems that were there when the game unlocked, but I still have the "can't use a mouse with your point&click adventure."

April 3, 2010 4:43 pm

simondingle

Urchin

1 posts

GSJLink wrote:

Is it possible to register the serials of my nanoBundle 2 on steam?

I wanted to do the same thing and then found this on the Steam site:

"Retail CD-Keys for this game cannot be registered through Steam."

However, you can still add the games to Steam, kinda. There are details on the Steam site, but Macheist won't let me post links. #fail

April 17, 2010 7:58 am
darkid

darkid

Automaton Tech

419 posts

post the link without the dots, e.g. www[dot]macheist[dot]com

“Excuse me, I need to soak my brain in acid now.”
“I took Craft Disturbing Mental Image as my feat last level.”
“Maybe my ears, too.”
—Order of the Stick

April 17, 2010 1:42 pm
r3dlink13

r3dlink13

Tinkerer

from Bexley, Ohio
33 posts

GSJLink wrote:

Is it possible to register the serials of my nanoBundle 2 on steam?

Any headway on this?

May 12, 2010 8:17 pm
Anamanfan

Anamanfan

Developer

from San Francisco Bay Area
26 posts

Steam isn't a key holder like AppShelf. The input for serial keys in Steam are for activating coupon codes or some other form of access to content on Steam. Putting in a Telltale serial key into Steam is similar to expecting an iTunes gift certificate number to work on Amazon.

I will tell you that in the case of Telltale games, the Steam versions are the same as the Telltale versions. Just like the PC side, Telltale keeps the builds the same between Steam & TelltaleGames.com.

May 13, 2010 6:35 pm
r3dlink13

r3dlink13

Tinkerer

from Bexley, Ohio
33 posts

I imagine as much, I was just hoping to be able to add the game to my Steam games library and get all the meta info and achievements, etc. The function itself actually (the ability to add previously purchased retail games by their cd key) seems to imply this goal. It's less like trying to use an iTunes gift card on Amazon and more like buying a snorkel and using it in your friend's pool.

Maybe Steam just needs to add the serials to their database.

May 13, 2010 7:02 pm
Anamanfan

Anamanfan

Developer

from San Francisco Bay Area
26 posts

Games from Telltale on PC/Mac don't use SteamWorks features like achievements and meta info. So you're not missing out on anything different.

You can add shortcuts to the games if you want to unify your Game launching by clicking "Add a Game..." in the Steam client.

May 13, 2010 7:35 pm
r3dlink13

r3dlink13

Tinkerer

from Bexley, Ohio
33 posts

Anamanfan wrote:

Games from Telltale on PC/Mac don't use SteamWorks features like achievements and meta info. So you're not missing out on anything different.

Ah okay. In that case, case closed. Thanks for your help Anamanfan!

May 13, 2010 7:37 pm

conmotto

Urchin

1 posts

GSJLink wrote:

Is it possible to register the serials of my nanoBundle 2 on steam?

Ever figure this out? I'd really like to register the Monkey Island series to my Steam account.

May 20, 2010 1:05 am
codagirl

codagirl

Tinkerer

from Japan
24 posts

Is someone here generous enough to share their license. I badly want to play monkey island!

Twitter | Homepage

September 17, 2010 6:25 pm
neil95

neil95

Automaton Tech

496 posts

codagirl wrote:

Is someone here generous enough to share their license. I badly want to play monkey island!

that probably won't happen. but really, it's a very cheap game. also, I think the ipad/iphone versions are on sale right now.

September 17, 2010 6:34 pm
hoyaman

hoyaman

Big Game Hunter

from Houston, TX
940 posts

neil95 wrote:
codagirl wrote:

Is someone here generous enough to share their license. I badly want to play monkey island!

that probably won't happen. but really, it's a very cheap game. also, I think the ipad/iphone versions are on sale right now.

And, also, it'd be illegal (or maybe just highly immoral) to transfer the digital license - especially after having played the games. 

The registration itself could present a security risk, since that uses your e-mail and a password.

On that tip, send me $5 and your e-mail address, and I'll send you a license wink *

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-669

*No, I'm not affiliated with TellTale or LucasArts.  I'm just a newborn HUGE fan.  Obviously, PM me first before you send any money.

edit: ARRR!

Mozy - backup to the cloud, restore when your computer bites the dust.
BBCODE snippets for TYPINATOR!
DROPBOX: GET 250MB extra FREE!

September 17, 2010 8:00 pm
darkid

darkid

Automaton Tech

419 posts

Recently tried to play this game, it's unexpectedly quitting. Any suggestions?

“Excuse me, I need to soak my brain in acid now.”
“I took Craft Disturbing Mental Image as my feat last level.”
“Maybe my ears, too.”
—Order of the Stick

March 22, 2011 8:57 pm
Ollie N

Ollie N

Big Game Hunter

662 posts

darkid wrote:

Recently tried to play this game, it's unexpectedly quitting. Any suggestions?

Reinstall it

May the Mac be with you
Get free Dropbox space for both of us!

March 22, 2011 9:15 pm
darkid

darkid

Automaton Tech

419 posts

Downloaded, reinstalled, issue occurs when attempting to take the application out of fullscreen.

“Excuse me, I need to soak my brain in acid now.”
“I took Craft Disturbing Mental Image as my feat last level.”
“Maybe my ears, too.”
—Order of the Stick

March 22, 2011 11:37 pm

nathanslinn

Urchin

2 posts

I've just reinstalled this game (new MacBook Pro) and I'm unable to get the licence unlock page to work, is anyone else having this problem?

March 25, 2011 4:12 pm

nathanslinn

Urchin

2 posts

Managed to get it running in demo mode, getting really bad graphical glitches that I didn't have on my previous MacBook

March 27, 2011 9:22 am

deyseesaw

Urchin

2 posts

cant we play it for free

February 1, 2012 1:45 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ Tales of Monkey Island

Become an agent



Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)


As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

 

Login to MacHeist



As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?