Forums

★ EventBox

MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ EventBox
darkchar

darkchar

Gearhead

from niagara falls canada
61 posts

I am just trying out Eventbox now.  It seemed to work.  Twitter updated once but Facebook will not even when I refresh.   What could be the cause?  I stumbled upon the way to login etc. and have tried everything but no updates ...... help!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"-Mahatma Gandhi

March 20, 2010 8:03 pm
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

darkchar wrote:

I am just trying out Eventbox now.  It seemed to work.  Twitter updated once but Facebook will not even when I refresh.   What could be the cause?  I stumbled upon the way to login etc. and have tried everything but no updates ...... help!

Eventbox is old and now a dead app. It was taken up by RealMacSoftware who now develop it as Socialite. A lot of Eventbox won't work properly.

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

March 20, 2010 8:59 pm
darkchar

darkchar

Gearhead

from niagara falls canada
61 posts

f16332 wrote:
darkchar wrote:

Eventbox is old and now a dead app. It was taken up by RealMacSoftware who now develop it as Socialite. A lot of Eventbox won't work properly.

So I guess I should just trash Eventbox before i get really messed up. Should I buy Socialite or are there better apps out there for this purpose?  Thanks for the info. by the way.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"-Mahatma Gandhi

March 20, 2010 9:11 pm
orangehat

orangehat

Gearhead

from Maryland
70 posts

I enjoy Socialite. It appears more snappy and pretty stable than EventBox was for me. It's my default RSS reader (syncing via Google), and Facebook. I tried to keep Twitter in there, but Tweetie is just too damn awesome.

There were a few hiccups when Google changed their synchronization, but that's been resolved, and it's been working great for me. The guys at RealMacSoftware make some great stuff, so I'd pick up a copy. smile

Part of team Orange!

My Referral

March 20, 2010 10:20 pm
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

darkchar wrote:
f16332 wrote:
darkchar wrote:

So I guess I should just trash Eventbox before i get really messed up. Should I buy Socialite or are there better apps out there for this purpose?  Thanks for the info. by the way.

No Problem.... For FaceBook and RSS, Socialite is great. It is also great for Twitter, but I loathe the large window and prefer Kiwi over any other twitter app.

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

March 20, 2010 10:25 pm
PurpleNinja

PurpleNinja

Urchin

from Sao Paulo
1 posts

Socialite is a "zipped" social solution, my Tweetdeck is dead smile

Mission Briefing

July 27, 2010 3:01 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ EventBox

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?