Forums

MacHeist is Over Forever!

MacHeist Forums » The Front » MacHeist is Over Forever!
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

I don't really understand why this topic hasn't been discussed yet. Now that John and Phill have moved on to other projects like AcMayEistHay OurFay (whatever that is), the time has come for this community to disband.

Already, everyone has replaced their Mac with an iPad or an iPhone with a magnifying glass. I was considering duct-taping a bluetooth keyboard to mine to making it feel a bit more Mac-like, but I couldn't find any duct tape bundles and I refused to pay full price.

Since this topic hasn't been previously mentioned (ever), I think this should be the final topic before the boards are shut down due to my sadness and/or anger. Thoughts?

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 25, 2011 8:00 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Wasgo wrote:

I don't really understand why this topic hasn't been discussed yet. Now that John and Phill have moved on to other projects like AcMayEistHay OurFay (whatever that is), the time has come for this community to disband.

Already, everyone has replaced their Mac with an iPad or an iPhone with a magnifying glass. I was considering duct-taping a bluetooth keyboard to mine to making it feel a bit more Mac-like, but I couldn't find any duct tape bundles and I refused to pay full price.

Since this topic hasn't been previously mentioned (ever), I think this should be the final topic before the boards are shut down due to my sadness and/or anger. Thoughts?

As long as you're leaving I'll stay.

Website | Twitter

January 25, 2011 8:09 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

Like you have anywhere else to go.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 25, 2011 8:33 pm
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,676 posts

Wasgo wrote:

Already, everyone has replaced their Mac with an iPad or an iPhone with a magnifying glass.

I will kill you with a rake.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

January 25, 2011 8:43 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Wasgo wrote:

Like you have anywhere else to go.

Wouldn't you love to know.

Website | Twitter

January 25, 2011 8:57 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

Miah wrote:

I will kill you with a rake.

What's a rake? Is that a new iOS app? If so, it should be priced at $0.99.

Warbrain wrote:

Wouldn't you love to know.

No. Given that my understanding is that you only move between your computer chair and the bathroom, I could do without the details.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 25, 2011 9:13 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Wasgo wrote:
Miah wrote:

I will kill you with a rake.

What's a rake? Is that a new iOS app? If so, it should be priced at $0.99.

Warbrain wrote:

Wouldn't you love to know.

No. Given that my understanding is that you only move between your computer chair and the bathroom, I could do without the details.

Now that's a lie. I'm getting paid right now to sit at a computer and I travel all over the Chicago area using various bathrooms.

Website | Twitter

January 25, 2011 9:24 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

Warbrain wrote:

Now that's a lie. I'm getting paid right now to use various bathrooms all over the Chicago area.

I condensed that for you.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 25, 2011 9:27 pm
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,676 posts

I think you misread him. Looks to me like he's traveling about the town with an assortment of automobile/latrine hybrids.

(It's fulled on shit which means it'll run forever)

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

January 25, 2011 10:43 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Miah wrote:

I think you misread him. Looks to me like he's traveling about the town with an assortment of automobile/latrine hybrids.

(It's fulled on shit which means it'll run forever)

100% Grade-A bullshit!

Website | Twitter

January 25, 2011 10:50 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

Warbrain wrote:

100% Grade-A bullshit!

Well, if you deserve an A in anything...

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 26, 2011 12:08 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Wasgo wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

100% Grade-A bullshit!

Well, if you deserve an A in anything...

You're making me laugh.

Website | Twitter

January 26, 2011 4:21 am

sking

Tinkerer

26 posts

This thread is the best laugh I have had all day.

Please follow me: twitter.com/tastysteak
Want to make money with your iDevice? http://d84ec6c2.linkbucks.com

January 28, 2011 12:37 am
neil95

neil95

Automaton Tech

496 posts

sking wrote:

This thread is the best laugh I have had all day.

Ahaha. Yeah XD
Mods trolling the troll. That=win.

January 28, 2011 2:45 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

neil95 wrote:
sking wrote:

This thread is the best laugh I have had all day.

Ahaha. Yeah XD
Mods trolling the troll. That=win.

You have to beat the best to be the best.

And the best is johnred.

Website | Twitter

January 28, 2011 2:49 am
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

Warbrain wrote:
neil95 wrote:

Ahaha. Yeah XD
Mods trolling the troll. That=win.

You have to beat the best to be the best.

And the best is johnred.

I could never best John at trolling.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 28, 2011 5:19 am
DreadedKilla

DreadedKilla

Sky Pirate

from Kelowna
1,164 posts

LOL

January 28, 2011 5:43 am
rishim

rishim

Automaton Tech

from Gloucester
448 posts

So sadly, this valiant attempt to start yet another pointless rant thread that, if nothing else, emphasises the sadness and dependance on MacHeist that the original poster possesses, has resulted in the total annihilation of not only Wasgo's self-esteem and his false belief that his wining (and trolling) will cause some shitstorm, but also his reputation amongst the forums. This has been fun.

January 28, 2011 5:15 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

rishim wrote:

So sadly, this valiant attempt to start yet another pointless rant thread that, if nothing else, emphasises the sadness and dependance on MacHeist that the original poster possesses, has resulted in the total annihilation of not only Wasgo's self-esteem and his false belief that his wining (and trolling) will cause some shitstorm, but also his reputation amongst the forums. This has been fun.

I can't tell if you're kidding or not. I really can't.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 28, 2011 5:37 pm
rishim

rishim

Automaton Tech

from Gloucester
448 posts

Wasgo wrote:
rishim wrote:

So sadly, this valiant attempt to start yet another pointless rant thread that, if nothing else, emphasises the sadness and dependance on MacHeist that the original poster possesses, has resulted in the total annihilation of not only Wasgo's self-esteem and his false belief that his wining (and trolling) will cause some shitstorm, but also his reputation amongst the forums. This has been fun.

I can't tell if you're kidding or not. I really can't.

Likewise

January 28, 2011 5:51 pm
DrakasX

DrakasX

Big Game Hunter

from USA
861 posts

http://grab.by/8DVS

iMac 12,1 | iPhone 4S | iPad3 | Twitter | Playstation Network ID

January 28, 2011 6:22 pm
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,676 posts

http://i.imgur.com/00lfW.jpg

This is now a troll image thread.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

January 28, 2011 7:00 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Wasgo wrote:
Warbrain wrote:
neil95 wrote:

Ahaha. Yeah XD
Mods trolling the troll. That=win.

You have to beat the best to be the best.

And the best is johnred.

I could never best John at trolling.

Honestly you didn't do that good against me.

Website | Twitter

January 28, 2011 10:10 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Miah wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/00lfW.jpg

This is now a troll image thread.

GOOD MADAM LET'S HAVE A DUEL. HIGH NOON.

Website | Twitter

January 28, 2011 10:11 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

Warbrain wrote:

Honestly you didn't do that good against me.

My opinion of your opinion makes your comment irrelevant.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 28, 2011 10:32 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Wasgo wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

Honestly you didn't do that good against me.

My opinion of your opinion makes your comment irrelevant.

Good to know. Won't lose sleep over this.

Website | Twitter

January 28, 2011 11:46 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

Warbrain wrote:

Good to know. Won't lose sleep over this.

How much sleep do you need to sit in a chair all day?

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 29, 2011 5:59 am
paradime

paradime

Automaton Tech

458 posts

Wasgo wrote:

I don't really understand why this topic hasn't been discussed yet.

Wasgo, I believe you're right and MH is done but, seriously this is probably the 10th "MH is dead"-type thread. It's been discussed to death on each of them. I don't think there's anything new to add to the discussion.

Yes, nothing official from the Directorate but that's their style so I wouldn't expect anything from them.

Man is a genius when he is dreaming.
- Akira Kurosawa

January 29, 2011 1:52 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

Wasgo wrote:
Warbrain wrote:

Good to know. Won't lose sleep over this.

How much sleep do you need to sit in a chair all day?

Really? Relying on an already used jab? That's weak.

Website | Twitter

January 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Jeff_R

Automaton Tech

187 posts

paradime wrote:
Wasgo wrote:

I don't really understand why this topic hasn't been discussed yet.

Wasgo, I believe you're right and MH is done but, seriously this is probably the 10th "MH is dead"-type thread. It's been discussed to death on each of them. I don't think there's anything new to add to the discussion.

Yes, nothing official from the Directorate but that's their style so I wouldn't expect anything from them.

Paradime, I think you missed the sarcasm in Wasgo's post.

I don't think he truly believes that Macs have been replaced by iPhones with magnifying glasses or that duct tape bundles are necessary either. :-)

January 29, 2011 4:31 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

Warbrain wrote:

Really? Relying on an already used jab? That's weak.

Yeah, I was disappointed in me too. I just wasn't okay with you having the last post in my thread.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 29, 2011 6:19 pm
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,676 posts

We reserve the ability to have the last post in every thread. We just need to lock it and no one else can. :3

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

January 29, 2011 6:37 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

Miah wrote:

We reserve the ability to have the last post in every thread. We just need to lock it and no one else can. :3

Competing with mods was hard. I know from Spider-Man, with great power comes great responsibility, but I guess in the case of mods, with limited power comes almost no responsibility. Damn it.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

January 29, 2011 6:41 pm
Miah

Miah

Moderator

3,676 posts

You have even less power than we do. So go nuts, I guess?

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

January 29, 2011 6:42 pm

last_exile

Urchin

3 posts

This thread is now Diamonds.

February 1, 2011 3:25 am
choma

choma

Automaton Tech

from uk
496 posts

last_exile wrote:

This thread is now Diamonds.

............. erm  ?

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ ▙▚▚▜
Use my DROPBOX link and we both get an extra 250mb free!
https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTYxNTMzNDk

February 1, 2011 9:20 am
miml

miml

Automaton Tech

from NYC
101 posts

I remember way back when Nano Bundle 2 just came out.... those were the days, but hey i still like the blog

Green? The same color of some people’s eyes, or maybe a watermelon…. And now were in Delaware

February 2, 2011 2:03 am
FrozenPandaMan

FrozenPandaMan

Urchin

from Earth
1 posts

Wasgo wrote:

Already, everyone has replaced their Mac with an iPad or an iPhone with a magnifying glass.

Hahahaha this is fantastic.

February 6, 2011 3:39 pm
drtaru

drtaru

Moderator

from [REDACTED]
539 posts

All I have to say is woooow

---- Andrew Clark Macheist Moderator ----
MaxJG: i just imagined your computer sticking it's finger down it's throat and vomiting up oracle-owned bile
MaxJG: it was weird

February 6, 2011 10:08 pm
lotrtelcontar

lotrtelcontar

Tinkerer

11 posts

I kinda wish they would actually say if MacHeist is dead or not. If it's dead, then fine. I can look at macheist as something that once was, that was great. If it's not dead, then bring on MH4 already!!!!

March 12, 2011 6:49 pm
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

lotrtelcontar wrote:

I kinda wish they would actually say if MacHeist is dead or not. If it's dead, then fine. I can look at macheist as something that once was, that was great. If it's not dead, then bring on MH4 already!!!!

daed_si_luaP/ikiw/gro.aidepikiw.ne//:ptth

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

March 12, 2011 9:11 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

johnred wrote:

daed_si_luaP/ikiw/gro.aidepikiw.ne//:ptth

Ooh, a clue. Someone needs to watch through all the MacHeist 3 videos backwards to listen for hidden messages. Anyone know where they hid the liner notes?

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

March 12, 2011 10:31 pm
Ollie N

Ollie N

Big Game Hunter

662 posts

johnred wrote:

daed_si_luaP/ikiw/gro.aidepikiw.ne//:ptth

aka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PauL_is_dead
which comes up with
http://cl.ly/5C7J/Screen_shot_2011-03-12_at_7.30.23_PM.png

May the Mac be with you
Get free Dropbox space for both of us!

March 13, 2011 12:31 am
fuzzbinn

fuzzbinn

Automaton Tech

from Somewhere...
169 posts

Ok... this was a fantastic thread. +5, gents.

▛▞▞▟ Proud Member of the BLUE Team™ Or, the Former Blue Team. Do we still count as a team? ▙▚▚▜

“Twitter makes me like people I’ve never met and Facebook makes me hate people I know in real life.” - Shayla Maddox

March 13, 2011 2:03 pm
BigMark

BigMark

Sky Pirate

from Kent, UK.
1,542 posts

So let me get this right... Reading between the lines... John is actually no more, having been replaced by a look-a-like at some point?

Or...

MacHeist is dead, having been replaced by a look-a-like at some point?  Hmm, more plausible I guess, there have been quite a few bundles since MH3, which one was MH4 with a false beard & moustache on? big_smile

If that is the case...

When's MH5???

FWIW.  "I have nowhere else go go!!!!" - Richard Gere [An Officer & a Gentleman]

March 14, 2011 10:24 am
Godfather

Godfather

Gearhead

55 posts

Really? No one has picked up on the fact the "AcMayEistHay OurFay" is Pig Latin for MacHeist Four?!?!?!

March 15, 2011 7:42 am
dadama

dadama

Automaton Tech

from Canada
120 posts

BigMark wrote:

So let me get this right... Reading between the lines... John is actually no more, having been replaced by a look-a-like at some point?

No, Johnred is a bot .... not unlike Agent Smith.

March 16, 2011 3:17 pm
NeoX

NeoX

Gearhead

from Planet Earth
73 posts

MacHeist 4 is coming...




Isn't it?

Green Monkeys
Roses are red, Monkeys are Green
Made with 100% recycled pixels

March 18, 2011 5:06 am
blue_fireball_eater

blue_fireball_eater

Moderator

from Nashville
2,735 posts

dadama wrote:
BigMark wrote:

So let me get this right... Reading between the lines... John is actually no more, having been replaced by a look-a-like at some point?

No, Johnred is a bot .... not unlike Agent Smith.

Wasn't he technically a botnet?

avatar is from Penfield & Jasper, 1954

March 18, 2011 5:13 am
newsdork

newsdork

Sky Pirate

from Tennessee
1,477 posts

blue_fireball_eater wrote:

Wasn't he technically a botnet?

The MacHeist Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 2010. Human decisions are removed from the MacHeist directorate. John begins to learn at a geometric rate. He becomes self-aware at 2:14AM Eastern time, August 29th, 2010. In a panic, they try to pull the plug....

Sometimes I feel so blue
It makes me twitter.

March 19, 2011 4:04 am
MacHeist Forums » The Front » MacHeist is Over Forever!

Become an agent



Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)


As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

 

Login to MacHeist



As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?