Forums

★ Twitterrific

MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ Twitterrific
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

I don't know, I just don't "get it" w/Twitterrific. I don't get the direction they're headed (even if Warby's right about what it is).

PM me | Twitter

February 15, 2011 1:36 am
DreadedKilla

DreadedKilla

Sky Pirate

from Kelowna
1,164 posts

Well for one, it got rid of Growl support. Every Twitter app that I know of on the market has Growl support. No way to remove the menubar item. The new tweet sound gets annoying after you hear it millions of times. They even got rid of the HUD which I loved.  And a whole host of other stuff I don't like about it. Twitterrific 4 feels like version 1 of an app, not a mature, 3 year old app.

But of course, I could use Twitterrific 3.

February 15, 2011 12:54 pm
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

DreadedKilla wrote:

Well for one, it got rid of Growl support. Every Twitter app that I know of on the market has Growl support. No way to remove the menubar item. The new tweet sound gets annoying after you hear it millions of times. They even got rid of the HUD which I loved.  And a whole host of other stuff I don't like about it. Twitterrific 4 feels like version 1 of an app, not a mature, 3 year old app.

But of course, I could use Twitterrific 3.

I really don't care about Growl support and have begun turning it off for other applications. Starting to find it really annoying. You can turn off the notification sound. The menubar item is actually convenient as you can select accounts through it. HUD is likely dead with the App Store.

Website | Twitter

February 15, 2011 1:02 pm
DreadedKilla

DreadedKilla

Sky Pirate

from Kelowna
1,164 posts

Warbrain wrote:

I really don't care about Growl support and have begun turning it off for other applications. Starting to find it really annoying. You can turn off the notification sound. The menubar item is actually convenient as you can select accounts through it. HUD is likely dead with the App Store.

I find Growl to be pretty useful, probably one of the most useful app I have. The annoying sound is the reason why I want Growl support: without it, I don't know how many tweets I have that are unread. Also, the menubar item is useless if you don't have more than one account. So yeah. I kinda miss Echofon and its awesome real time streaming.

February 15, 2011 1:50 pm
blue_fireball_eater

blue_fireball_eater

from Nashville
2,733 posts

+1 for Growl.....should be standard on Mac.

avatar is from Penfield & Jasper, 1954

February 15, 2011 7:32 pm
phillryu

phillryu

Administrator

1,569 posts

Posting a copy of upgrade instructions here, as I've heard Iconfactory is getting support inquiries at a steady clip. First, make sure you have your license number handy from your nanobundle receipt. (You can look up your order at http://macheist.com/order) Once you're ready:

Iconfactory wrote:

Upgrading the Macheist NanoBundle to Twitterrific 4 for the Mac:

The Iconfactory's registration database doesn't contain any records for those who acquired the free NanoBundle and so the online form to look up serial numbers at the Iconfactory won't work.

The Twitterrific 3.x serial number that Macheist issued NanoBundle owners is still valid however and is necessary when upgrading to version 4.

NanoBundle owners can get a discounted upgrade (USD$7.95) to version 4 here once they have their NanoBundle T3 serial number in hand:

http://iconfactory.com/cart/add/1173

Please make sure the name used when upgrading is *exactly* the same as the name used for MacHeist. Otherwise, it will be rejected.

Co-Creator of MacHeist, Clear, Partner at tap tap tap | follow me on twitter

February 28, 2011 6:00 pm

wiger123

Urchin

1 posts

The Twitterrific three.x serial number that Macheist issued NanoBundle owners is still valid however & is necessary when upgrading to version four.
The Iconfactory's registration database doesn't contain any records for those who acquired the free NanoBundle & so the net form to look up serial numbers at the Iconfactory won't work.

Test king testking
Testking-70-659 70-659
Testking-70-667 70-667
Testking-E20-545 E20-545

October 2, 2012 9:51 am
MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ Twitterrific

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?