Forums

[SPOILER] Achievements

MacHeist Forums » The Heist » [SPOILER] Achievements
johncoxon

johncoxon

Tinkerer

16 posts

Fully unlocking all content should unlock the 5 Finger Discount achievement. Still no luck on the Regular achievement though...

May 27, 2011 11:09 am
andys53

andys53

Sky Pirate

from a frog flu resistant land.
1,904 posts

johncoxon wrote:

Fully unlocking all content should unlock the 5 Finger Discount achievement. Still no luck on the Regular achievement though...

It occurred to me that I hadn't closed and reopened the app. each day, I've done it now and will see if it makes a difference.

smile From a spam free, orange team, land smile

May 27, 2011 11:14 am

craigcchapman

Urchin

3 posts

Finally! OCD with all achievements! (woot) :-)

The level 15 Maintenance, Wires and Runes were unbelievably challenging!

May 27, 2011 11:56 am
johncoxon

johncoxon

Tinkerer

16 posts

How did you get Regular?!

May 27, 2011 12:02 pm
andys53

andys53

Sky Pirate

1,904 posts

I just logged on again and achieved Regular. No idea why.

May 27, 2011 3:30 pm

huffn

Urchin

2 posts

That is what happened to me.  I never had closed out of the app.  Once I did that, and gamecenter on the top said "welcome huffn", then I got the app.  Having it open for three days didn't seem to trigger it.

May 27, 2011 6:59 pm
ddemeo

ddemeo

Automaton Tech

from Massachusetts
336 posts

Got the Regular award!  I just went back into the game after completing it so I could see how many of the achievements I'd completed.  When I clicked on the game center icon within the The Heist app, I got a notification that I just got the Regular achievement.  So if you're wondering where yours is, maybe click that icon?

Dawn | Dawn's Recipes

May 28, 2011 1:19 am
JMarkevich

JMarkevich

Sky Pirate

from Halifax, Canada
1,185 posts

Nope, none of this gets me that last achievement. I've had the app for more than 3 days, did the same first block puzzle about a dozen times, and gone into achievements about 6 or 7 times. I also quit and restarted the app at least that many times too.

No idea, maybe I just have to forget about it for a week or so.

"You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?"
Get Dropbox. You need it!

May 28, 2011 4:20 am
johncoxon

johncoxon

Tinkerer

16 posts

I just got it randomly when I loaded the app up the other day. I think it's purely based on the number of times you load the app up and nothing beyond that. Sorry it's not a better answer but it's the best I can do!

May 28, 2011 10:36 am
ddemeo

ddemeo

Automaton Tech

from Massachusetts
336 posts

Probably could have gotten that Night Owl achievement when my daughter woke me up at 4:30am. I was thrown off, however, when she horked on me. There should be points for that too! Lol!

Dawn | Dawn's Recipes

May 28, 2011 11:39 am
andys53

andys53

Sky Pirate

1,904 posts

ddemeo wrote:

Probably could have gotten that Night Owl achievement when my daughter woke me up at 4:30am. I was thrown off, however, when she horked on me. There should be points for that too! Lol!

You can redo any three another early morning if you really want the achievement.

May 28, 2011 11:49 am
JMarkevich

JMarkevich

Sky Pirate

from Halifax, Canada
1,185 posts

andys53 wrote:
ddemeo wrote:

You can redo any three another early morning if you really want the achievement.

The "being horked on" achievement is unofficial though, and she already got that one.

P.S. Ooh I got the Regular achievement just after noon here, just short of exactly 4 days after I first got the app.  It must be within the 3-day "window".  I didn't have to play any of the puzzles to get it, just launched/logged in to GameCenter.

"You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?"
Get Dropbox. You need it!

May 28, 2011 1:25 pm
ctmikesell

ctmikesell

Gearhead

from Dallas-Fort Worth
69 posts

Regular and Night Owl showed up on my game screen this morning, but not Game Center/Achievements.

ADDED: They're there this evening. Thanks, powers that be.

May 28, 2011 7:36 pm
Truck3r

Truck3r

Urchin

3 posts

nemesit wrote:

how does one get the "master of none" achievement if one has completed all games?

Just play one of the puzzles again...

May 28, 2011 8:58 pm
Truck3r

Truck3r

Urchin

3 posts

How does the "Backstabbed" achievement work? I completed the game (with a lot of crashes along the way), but no Backstabbed award...

May 28, 2011 8:59 pm

JeanJacque

Tinkerer

11 posts

I really don't understand the regular achievement. It just won't unlock.

May 29, 2011 10:14 pm
Truck3r

Truck3r

Urchin

3 posts

JeanJacque wrote:

I really don't understand the regular achievement. It just won't unlock.

The way I understand it, you have to start up the game every day for 3 (?) days...

May 30, 2011 6:13 pm

bwaring

Urchin

2 posts

I have the same problem with "regular." I've logged into the app every day for at least 5 days, getting the "Welcome" message each time, but still no regular! I also solve a puzzle or two over again each time I log in. That doesn't seem to help.

I've tried both leaving the app open and force-quitting it in the multitasking bar. This is quite annoying! Got all the other achievements and loot the first day.

June 1, 2011 6:03 am
nghtstr

nghtstr

Tinkerer

from Phoenix, AZ
22 posts

I have been also having the same problem with Regular.  This now makes 4 days in a row.  However, I completed all of the puzzles already.  Has anyone gotten the Regular achievement, after completing all of the puzzles.  Or is this a case of I am up a creek with no paddle?

Team Purple all the Way!! Twitter

June 1, 2011 8:22 pm
andys53

andys53

Sky Pirate

1,904 posts

nghtstr wrote:

I have been also having the same problem with Regular.  This now makes 4 days in a row.  However, I completed all of the puzzles already.  Has anyone gotten the Regular achievement, after completing all of the puzzles.  Or is this a case of I am up a creek with no paddle?

Yes, I did it that way. Are you shutting down the app and then reopening it, it may help. Failing that, contact one of the staff and give that person the lowdown on what you've tried.

June 1, 2011 9:07 pm
skribble

skribble

Urchin

3 posts

Finally got them all... Regular was the hold out... seems like it should be called random smile

FF00FF FTW

June 3, 2011 2:02 pm
WalrusCP

WalrusCP

Big Game Hunter

from NoVA
897 posts

Has anyone figured out the "Regular" achievement? I cannot get that darn thing to unlock.

Get a 2GB Dropbox account + additional space free for you & me

Just wait until you see the mega unlock goal. (Hint, it involves a lot of dead kittens.) – Phill Ryu

June 9, 2011 5:55 pm
johncoxon

johncoxon

Tinkerer

16 posts

Just load up the app a bunch of times and eventually you'll unlock it, it seems... No better way of doing it that we've found so far!

June 9, 2011 11:37 pm
fiz

fiz

Tinkerer

from Silver Spring, MD
27 posts

Wntermute wrote:

How does one get "Regular"?

Fiber, that's my best guess.

...like a dropped box of magnetic poetry

June 10, 2011 10:06 pm
ChoiManYung

ChoiManYung

Urchin

2 posts

还是解锁不到 Regular 这个成就...

June 11, 2011 11:23 am
NoahFuLing

NoahFuLing

Tinkerer

from East Coast, USA
43 posts

I played through The Heist on an iPhone 3G (finished all of the puzzles, got both prizes). Now I'm playing it through on an iPad 2; I finished all of the puzzles, but I don't get Five Finger Discount. Based on how the images show up, it looks like the server is telling my iPad that I've already redeemed my second prize, which means the achievement doesn't happen. What do I do?

"Our imagination is stretched to the utmost, not, as in fiction, to imagine things which are not really there, but just to comprehend those things which are there."
Richard Feynman - The Character of Physical Law (1965)

June 15, 2011 10:24 pm
nghtstr

nghtstr

Tinkerer

from Phoenix, AZ
22 posts

Ok, I killed off the application after doing it today. I will do the same thing tomorrow and on Friday, and we'll see if that will work

Team Purple all the Way!! Twitter

June 16, 2011 1:50 am
johncoxon

johncoxon

Tinkerer

16 posts

It isn't a 'launch on three days' thing, it's a 'load up the app x times' thing, where x is a number that nobody has worked out yet. Just keep loading the app up, and you should be fine!

June 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Angrypotato

Urchin

4 posts

I got regular. It's totally random from what I can tell.

October 7, 2011 6:18 am

Antonok

Urchin

2 posts

How do you get the Backstabbed one? That's completely not self-explanatory.

May 3, 2012 4:57 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

You'll get it through the course of finishing the game and collecting your prize.

PM me | Twitter

May 4, 2012 1:33 pm

speakerforthecats

Urchin

1 posts

I've completed the game and declined the final phone call, not unlocking the backstabbing achievement. Is there any way to still get it?

August 10, 2012 4:00 pm

SuddenlyWolf

Urchin

1 posts

I got 5 Finger Discount when 100% the game (making it the third prize, not second).

August 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Owen170

Urchin

3 posts

How do you get the "Backstabbed" achievement?

August 20, 2012 2:33 pm
merlik

merlik

Automaton Tech

from Lehigh Acres, Forida
207 posts

Ok I have 2 rewards, eets and puzzle agent but I don't have "5 Finger Discount" am I doing anything wrong or just missing something?

Twitter Go Team Orange!

September 18, 2012 3:14 am
flitzefisch

flitzefisch

Automaton Tech

from UK
209 posts

To get the regular achievement you have to play the game at least once for three days in a row (closing it, opening the next day).

Does anyone know how to unlock the third game on the shelve? I have solved all puzzles and got "Puzzle Agent" and "Eets" but the third place on the shelve is empty.

GET DESIGN: www.jens-krebs.com
GET IN TOUCH: mail@jens-krebs.com
GET DROPBOX: http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEzNjQyOTk
STACKSOCIAL REFERRAL: https://stacksocial.com/?rid=43284

September 18, 2012 1:23 pm
carenza

carenza

Gearhead

from UK
55 posts

flitzefisch wrote:

To get the regular achievement you have to play the game at least once for three days in a row (closing it, opening the next day).

Does anyone know how to unlock the third game on the shelve? I have solved all puzzles and got "Puzzle Agent" and "Eets" but the third place on the shelve is empty.

I read on the Taptaptap it was World of Goo but they only had 25,000 copies to give away, so I guess that expired?

September 18, 2012 11:21 pm
lworth02

lworth02

Tinkerer

from Team Orange
17 posts

Anyone ever figure out "Regular"?

Team Orange

September 20, 2012 6:01 pm
lworth02

lworth02

Tinkerer

from Team Orange
17 posts

If I had just been a little more patient...closing and opening (without force quitting it) over and over seemed sufficient.

Team Orange

September 20, 2012 6:08 pm

mesocyclone

Tinkerer

from Iowa
13 posts

reported ^

on topic, I think I've got everything except the "solve in 100+ moves"

September 22, 2012 3:05 am
rsstrachan

rsstrachan

Gearhead

from In my usual place
76 posts

nschneble wrote:

Got the Regular achievement!

To get it, launch the app and solve at least one puzzle for three days in a row!

I'm 100% within two days (work/chores/sleep keep getting in the way!), so I'm gonna have to play a couple games again tomorrow :-)

cool  BLUE Team™  cool

October 13, 2012 8:03 am
soushiruiuma

soushiruiuma

Big Game Hunter

from Switzerland
579 posts

I have 17 of 19 acheivements. But there aren't any blank ones on my list.

Which 2 am I am missing?

I have:
energy efficient
disappearing act
grounded
open sesame
payday
one of us
backstabbed
extraction mastery
zen mastery
3 laws mastery
electrician mastery
OCD
5 finger discount
jack of all trades
convoluted
regular
night owl

What else is there?

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. ~Douglas Adams

October 13, 2012 10:23 am
andys53

andys53

Sky Pirate

1,904 posts

soushiruiuma wrote:

I have 17 of 19 acheivements. But there aren't any blank ones on my list.

Which 2 am I am missing?

What else is there?

The full list can be found at the start of this thread.

October 13, 2012 11:59 am
danilko1

danilko1

Automaton Tech

262 posts

Thank you so much... I was missing Quick Fingers and Master of None.

:-)

My Apple Game Center ID: danilko1 You can challenge me in The Heist.
MH4 - And Some More

October 21, 2012 12:40 am
danilko1

danilko1

Automaton Tech

262 posts

Owen170 wrote:

How do you get the "Backstabbed" achievement?

The Main character does this to you. You have to leave the game and come back or she asked you to do something and lies... It's automatic practically.

My Apple Game Center ID: danilko1 You can challenge me in The Heist.
MH4 - And Some More

October 21, 2012 12:42 am
golfgirl

golfgirl

Tinkerer

from Here To There - and Back
37 posts

rail16 wrote:

I don't see you having Quick Fingers - Solved a puzzle within 3 seconds.

For some reason it won't unlock for me and I blasted through in much less than 3 seconds on a single puzzle.

Does it work for replays?  Didn't seem to do anything for me and I tried 10 times+

EDIT _ NEVERMIND!

It wasn't working on Robot Blocks - I tried again in the Log puzzle instead and it worked the first time.  Go figure.

October 21, 2012 1:02 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Heist » [SPOILER] Achievements

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?