Forums

Flux on MuPromo this week-end ( 01/14-01/15)

MacHeist Forums » Deals Around the Web » Flux on MuPromo this week-end ( 01/14-01/15)
LaurentR

LaurentR

Sky Pirate

from Paris / France
1,625 posts

Flux is on MuPromo this week-end for 47.50 $ instead of 115.00 $

http://www.mupromo.com

Twitter
Get your Dropbox smile

January 14, 2012 5:21 am
devnull000

devnull000

Automaton Tech

from Earth
111 posts

On the MacUpdate site someone listed this link for getting it for $39.99. I don't know anything about the website <fastspring.com>. Any idea who they are?
http://sites.fastspring.com/macware/pro … on=FLX39MU

Go MacHeist! smile • Get Dropbox • free online backup space: Mac, PC, Unix & iPhone friendly -- using my link gets you & me extra space, thanks for clicking. smile

January 16, 2012 4:57 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,766 posts

devnull000 wrote:

On the MacUpdate site someone listed this link for getting it for $39.99. I don't know anything about the website <fastspring.com>. Any idea who they are?

Fastspring is a company that processes payments for many companies. Lots of developers use Fastspring. In the case of the link you posted, you would be purchasing through Macware, which I don't recommend. They are a reseller, and the Flux developers have said there will be better support through purchasing from them.

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

January 16, 2012 7:03 am
paradime

paradime

Automaton Tech

468 posts

izdale wrote:

They are a reseller, and the Flux developers have said there will be better support through purchasing from them.

Really? The developers actually said this? I find it extremely disappointing that they would provide diminished support just because you purchased from a reseller.

Man is a genius when he is dreaming.
- Akira Kurosawa

January 17, 2012 11:03 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,766 posts

paradime wrote:
izdale wrote:

They are a reseller, and the Flux developers have said there will be better support through purchasing from them.

Really? The developers actually said this? I find it extremely disappointing that they would provide diminished support just because you purchased from a reseller.

Yes, but I am not able to validate it with a source as I can't remember where I saw it. If it's a concern for someone, I suggest you contact them directly.

January 17, 2012 11:24 pm
paradime

paradime

Automaton Tech

468 posts

izdale wrote:

Yes, but I am not able to validate it with a source as I can't remember where I saw it.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if this is the case. It's got to be a mistake. Imagine Apple providing diminished support just because you bought an iPod at Best Buy. The uproar would be huge.

izdale wrote:

If it's a concern for someone, I suggest you contact them directly.

Ultimately, I think in this day and age of CMS and theme-specific creation tools, apps like Dreamweaver, Flux, et al. are largely obsolete and don't interest me.

- Akira Kurosawa

January 18, 2012 12:24 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,766 posts

paradime wrote:
izdale wrote:

Yes, but I am not able to validate it with a source as I can't remember where I saw it.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if this is the case. It's got to be a mistake. Imagine Apple providing diminished support just because you bought an iPod at Best Buy. The uproar would be huge.

I wasn't mistaken about what I read, but I was mistaken about who wrote it. It was just another forum member who recommended purchasing the developer version and not the reseller version.

paradime wrote:
izdale wrote:

If it's a concern for someone, I suggest you contact them directly.

Ultimately, I think in this day and age of CMS and theme-specific creation tools, apps like Dreamweaver, Flux, et al. are largely obsolete and don't interest me.

I agree 100%. I can't even remember the last time I opened iWeb or RapidWeaver.

January 18, 2012 2:48 am
paradime

paradime

Automaton Tech

468 posts

izdale wrote:

I wasn't mistaken about what I read, but I was mistaken about who wrote it. It was just another forum member who recommended purchasing the developer version and not the reseller version.

Ah, ok. And for the record, I'm not questioning you or saying I don't believe you personally. It's more of an amazement that any company would take that position with their resellers and potentially screw their customers.

- Akira Kurosawa

January 18, 2012 7:43 pm
nerdbunnie

nerdbunnie

Automaton Tech

from NWPA
102 posts

Crosspost - Does anyone use Flux? I'm not familiar with it, but it looks useful. Especially for someone who is finally learning CSS. As it's available as part of a bundle that includes Parallels (which I'm finally able to use now that I've upgraded to a newer Mac).

January 31, 2012 12:57 pm
JMarkevich

JMarkevich

Sky Pirate

from Halifax, Canada
1,184 posts

nerdbunnie wrote:

Crosspost - Does anyone use Flux? I'm not familiar with it, but it looks useful. Especially for someone who is finally learning CSS. As it's available as part of a bundle that includes Parallels (which I'm finally able to use now that I've upgraded to a newer Mac).

Not much but I have it.  It's pretty cool for Q&D stuff, or if you forget how to do some things in raw code...  It's somewhat messy on the code but you can actually edit the code itself as well as WYSIWYG.

Try the demo: http://theescapers.com/flux/index.html

"You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?"
Get Dropbox. You need it!

January 31, 2012 2:52 pm

markuswinter

Tinkerer

47 posts

You can get it as part of the Macsuperbundle

http://www.macsuperbundle.com/

January 31, 2012 5:24 pm
MacHeist Forums » Deals Around the Web » Flux on MuPromo this week-end ( 01/14-01/15)

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?