Forums

Mac Superbundle Winter 2012 (includes Parallels Desktop 7)

MacHeist Forums » Deals Around the Web » Mac Superbundle Winter 2012 (includes Parallels Desktop 7)

krlitoz

Tinkerer

35 posts

10 Mac Apps for $49

Parallels Desktop 7
Little Snapper
iStat Menus 3
Flux 3
iStopmotion Home 2
Fantashow
Video Converter 2
SyncMate Expert 3
CuteClips 3
Chronicle 4

http://www.macsuperbundle.com/

January 26, 2012 7:02 pm
Lawdom

Lawdom

Automaton Tech

from Iowa
142 posts

Is there ever a reason to buy Parallels by itself?

January 26, 2012 7:10 pm
JMarkevich

JMarkevich

Sky Pirate

from Halifax, Canada
1,188 posts

Lawdom wrote:

Is there ever a reason to buy Parallels by itself?

Yeah for the competitive crossgrade.

"You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?"
Get Dropbox. You need it!

January 26, 2012 8:26 pm

markuswinter

Tinkerer

47 posts

Trying to pay with PayPal I get the following message on PayPal:

"Nova Development Corporation - Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to"

I'm in Germany, so WTF???

January 27, 2012 12:18 pm
stjg

stjg

Big Game Hunter

from Here
581 posts

I had success with PayPal two times, but ten times or so not, even with a PayPal account.
I try avoid them.

Do something healthy.
Stop eating too many Oranges!

January 28, 2012 6:39 pm

paul.mann

Tinkerer

14 posts

Are Nova Development Corporation OK? can be trusted? not bought via them before....

January 28, 2012 11:48 pm
nerdbunnie

nerdbunnie

Automaton Tech

from NWPA
102 posts

Does anyone use Flux? I'm not really needing most of the other apps, but Flux 3 looks like it might make it worth getting bundle for $10 more than the student pricing of Parallels.

January 31, 2012 12:53 pm
Snorkledorf

Snorkledorf

Tinkerer

from Japan
22 posts

Has anyone tried Video Converter 2? VisualHub is getting increasingly wonky so I'm looking for a nice broad-spectrum video converter app.

January 31, 2012 1:02 pm
pokari

pokari

Automaton Tech

from Here
142 posts

I use Video Monkey which is basically VisualHub in a different package. smile

January 31, 2012 2:54 pm

lurker1

Gearhead

60 posts

turns out to be an awesome deal with coupon code THANKYOU30 dropping it to $34.30 - thanks.

February 8, 2012 1:47 am
stjg

stjg

Big Game Hunter

from Here
581 posts

Even for $34.30 there is nothing in for me.

Do something healthy.
Stop eating too many Oranges!

February 8, 2012 7:15 am

ryan.sean@me.com

Urchin

7 posts

Where do you get the option to enter the coupon?

February 8, 2012 11:21 am

markuswinter

Tinkerer

47 posts

Ditto: Where do you get the option to enter the coupon?

February 8, 2012 11:32 am
jhickman

jhickman

Tinkerer

from USA
24 posts

I had the same question and decided to call the 877 number listed on their website.  They really couldn't tell me how to place the discount code online but I was able to place my order via the phone and have the discount code applied.  THANKYOU30 is a valid code, I didn't mentioned my expected discount amount, but I was told the code brought the amount due down to the amount Lurker1 mentioned above ($34.30).

I just received my email confirmation with license codes attached. From phone call to email received it took about 3 min.

cool Dropbox Referral: Get 2GB of Storage + 250MB Bonus by clicking on the link below: cool
http://db.tt/HKaMrT4

February 8, 2012 3:51 pm

ryan.sean@me.com

Urchin

7 posts

Jhickman - thanks for the advise - sadly I'm based in Europe so calling this number may well cost me more than the discount - I've emailed the support address for advise - will post any responses here,

February 8, 2012 4:14 pm
omo

omo

Tinkerer

49 posts

A live chat I just had while attempting to purchase the bundle. The names have been changed:

Nova: [9:43:35 AM] Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?
Me: [9:44:10 AM] Hi there, I wish to purchase the superbundle & I have a discount code but there is nowhere to enter it
[9:45:51 AM] The code is: THANKYOU30
Nova: [9:46:32 AM] You can call the sales department to place/complete your order 800-395-6682 (Sales: Press Option 1 then 2) they can also give them the code to apply on your order.
Me: [9:47:11 AM] I am outside the united states
Nova: [9:48:44 AM] I apologize for the inconvenience. But as much as I want to help you on this but I we are not allowed to place order through chat.
Me: [9:50:32 AM] So there is a discount code, but nowhere to enter it when purchasing online? I don't understand.
Nova: [9:51:36 AM] I apologize but we might be having a system glitch as of this moment.
Me: [9:52:58 AM] Will this glitch be fixed before the bundle expires in the next 31 hours?
Nova: [9:53:58 AM] We are doing our best to prevent this problem in the future. We are currently working on this matter.
Me: [9:55:20 AM] Thats great, but will it be fixed before the bundle expires?
Nova: [9:56:29 AM] Please get try it again after 24-48 hours.
Me: [9:57:26 AM] It expires in 31 hours time.
Nova: [9:58:10 AM] Oh, I'm sorry what I mean is 2 hours.
Me: [9:59:51 AM] Not to be impolite, but do you actually know the answer to my question?
Nova: [10:01:28 AM] Again our technical support department are looking/working on this. We do not have the exact time. But what I can suggest is to check it back after 2 hours.
Me: [10:04:26 AM] Okay. I'll check again in 2 hours to see if what "might be a system glitch" has been rectified. Thank you.

End of chat.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTU0ODM3Njc5

February 9, 2012 5:10 pm

ryan.sean@me.com

Urchin

7 posts

Not hopeful, pity really can't justify paying full price but would definitely buy at $34.30 - that alone justifies the upgrade to Parallels 7 & everything else would be a (mostly unneeded) bonus.

As it happens the bundle expires for me in 6 hours - for some reason you're seeing an extra day

February 9, 2012 5:29 pm

markuswinter

Tinkerer

47 posts

Actually I found Flux to be rather awesome - I use it to make animations for iBook Author (as animations in Keynote presentations are much bigger). Just wish they had more transitions :-)

February 9, 2012 6:00 pm
omo

omo

Tinkerer

49 posts

I got an email to tell me to put the code in the window at the bottom of step one. Thats the VAT number area.
Perhaps I've an extra day due to being GMT

February 9, 2012 7:03 pm

ryan.sean@me.com

Urchin

7 posts

No luck - Sorry Vat reg NOT authorised, Invalid format: IETHANKYOU30

February 9, 2012 7:23 pm

ryan.sean@me.com

Urchin

7 posts

And it's at 1 day and 4 hours for me now too - also GMT

February 9, 2012 7:29 pm
painttheskygrey

painttheskygrey

Automaton Tech

from Atlanta
201 posts

Start over - go into Incognito or private mode on a browser. Go to the main Nova Development site, and add something to your cart like PhotoImpact. The promo code box should appear. Enter THANKYOU30 and apply it. Go back to the bundle website, and add it to your cart. Delete PhotoImpact, and you should be left with the bundle with the discount intact.

February 10, 2012 1:59 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

It's how amazing how cheap people have become with software. 90% off isn't enough for you?

THANKYOU30 is a coupon code that was intended for use on NovaDevelopment's website, it was not created specifically for use this bundle. That is probably why there is no place for a coupon code when purchasing the bundle, and why getting it to work requires a work around. It was most likely not intended for use with the bundle so they are not under any obligation to give anyone that discount.

EDIT: Added words in italics

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

February 10, 2012 3:08 am
painttheskygrey

painttheskygrey

Automaton Tech

from Atlanta
201 posts

izdale wrote:

It's how amazing how cheap people have become with software. 90% off isn't enough for you?

THANKYOU30 is a coupon code that was intended for use on NovaDevelopment's website, it was not created specifically for use this bundle. That is why there is no place for a coupon code when purchasing the bundle, and why getting it to work requires a work around. It was not intended for use with the bundle so they are not under any obligation to give anyone that discount.

The coupon is valid for "anything in the store", there is no caveat or disclaimer anywhere saying that the bundle cannot be combined with other promotions or coupons, they could have disabled the coupon for the bundle, and someone in this thread said they called and the coupon was successfully applied.

I think that if they didn't want it to be used, they surely haven't indicated it anywhere other than "hiding" the promo code option in their already buggy shopping cart system that only works properly half the time as it is.

February 10, 2012 4:03 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

And when was this coupon created? I bet before the bundle started. Just because it works doesn't mean it was intended to. You seem to be speaking from a consumer perspective, and I am speaking from a business perspective. There is no way a bundle of this calibar would intentionally offer 30% off like that. That's why you can only get the coupon applied by a work around and I'm surprised they haven't disabled it yet. They have shown good customer service in honoring it anyway for those who found a way around their leaving off the coupon code on the bundle purchase page. If you got it to work, then that's great for you, and not so good for the developers.

February 10, 2012 6:10 am
painttheskygrey

painttheskygrey

Automaton Tech

from Atlanta
201 posts

izdale wrote:

And when was this coupon created? I bet before the bundle started. Just because it works doesn't mean it was intended to. You seem to be speaking from a consumer perspective, and I am speaking from a business perspective. There is no way a bundle of this calibar would intentionally offer 30% off like that. That's why you can only get the coupon applied by a work around and I'm surprised they haven't disabled it yet. They have shown good customer service in honoring it anyway for those who found a way around their leaving off the coupon code on the bundle purchase page. If you got it to work, then that's great for you, and not so good for the developers.

Which part of people in this thread have called and had the coupon applied don't you get? If the company did not intend for the coupon to be used, why would they apply it themselves?

February 10, 2012 7:13 am

rikioh

Urchin

3 posts

Thanks for the coupon it worked for me

February 10, 2012 9:05 am
3styler

3styler

Automaton Tech

327 posts

izdale wrote:

THANKYOU30 is a coupon code that was intended for use on NovaDevelopment's website, it was not created specifically for use this bundle. That is why there is no place for a coupon code when purchasing the bundle, and why getting it to work requires a work around. It was not intended for use with the bundle so they are not under any obligation to give anyone that discount.

Simply because you run a crap website that links to various Mac App Deals using affiliate links in no way makes you an authority on the subject as you would have yourself believe.

Unless you have it on good authority from Nova Development I suggest you don't come in here spouting your uninformed opinion as fact whilst simultaneously insulting people.

Kind Regards xx

Active Bundles: None - Sad Panda Face

February 10, 2012 11:33 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

painttheskygrey wrote:
izdale wrote:

Which part of people in this thread have called and had the coupon applied don't you get? If the company did not intend for the coupon to be used, why would they apply it themselves?

And in what part of these calls do you read that they were told that the coupon was supposed to be working with the bundle and wasn't? It seems from the descriptions of the calls and chats, that the people they spoke with didn't actually know the answer. Giving them the discount anyway is called good customer service.

"They really couldn't tell me how to place the discount code online"

"I apologize but we might be having a system glitch as of this moment" (key word here is might, they apparently didn't know if there was supposed to be the option for a coupon code or not)

February 10, 2012 5:06 pm
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

3styler wrote:
izdale wrote:

Simply because you run a crap website that links to various Mac App Deals using affiliate links in no way makes you an authority on the subject as you would have yourself believe.

Unless you have it on good authority from Nova Development I suggest you don't come in here spouting your uninformed opinion as fact whilst simultaneously insulting people.

Kind Regards xx

This is a public forum. I am allowed to give my opinion as I please and people can choose to be offended by it if they want. My opinion is certainly more informed than yours. I do a lot more than just link to deals, I communicate regularly with developers and bundle organizers. I wouldn't expect you to know anything about the process involved with creating a bundle.

February 10, 2012 5:16 pm

markuswinter

Tinkerer

47 posts

NovaDevelopment states clearly on their website that the coupon is for ANY product on their website - and on their website is also the bundle, so it clearly applies.

These are the facts as we know them, not conjecture.

But this

> and people can choose to be offended by it if they want.

is just very very poor form. I expected better.

February 10, 2012 5:54 pm
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

markuswinter wrote:

NovaDevelopment states clearly on their website that the coupon is for ANY product on their website - and on their website is also the bundle, so it clearly applies.

These are the facts as we know them, not conjecture.

Technically, a bundle is a group of products sold together. If the bundle was all Nova Development apps then I wouldn't say anything. But because other developers have their apps in the bundle, it's not completely a Nova Development product and I wonder how they feel about their apps being sold for even less then they already are. And again, because you can't get the discount without a work around or by contacting them, it doesn't seem it was originally intended for use on the bundle. It also doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.

So was the coupon code intended for use on their bundle? That is as much of a conjecture as me saying it wasn't. There are definitely many reasons to support both arguments. smile

markuswinter wrote:

But this

> and people can choose to be offended by it if they want.

is just very very poor form. I expected better.

The way we react to things is always a choice. I do not want people to be offended, but sometimes that is the reaction people choose to take when they don't like someone's opinion. I did not mean to condemn anyone for using the code, especially since their customer support is letting people have the discount when asking for help. I am just discussing whether or not they meant for their to be an old 30% off coupon code to be used on a bundle that is already 90% off.

February 10, 2012 6:28 pm
painttheskygrey

painttheskygrey

Automaton Tech

from Atlanta
201 posts

izdale wrote:
painttheskygrey wrote:
izdale wrote:

And in what part of these calls do you read that they were told that the coupon was supposed to be working with the bundle and wasn't? It seems from the descriptions of the calls and chats, that the people they spoke with didn't actually know the answer. Giving them the discount anyway is called good customer service.

"I apologize but we might be having a system glitch as of this moment" (key word here is might, they apparently didn't know if there was supposed to be the option for a coupon code or not)

So, you know better than the company does. Gotcha. Maybe you should call them up and let them know their policy.

February 10, 2012 8:10 pm
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

painttheskygrey wrote:
izdale wrote:
painttheskygrey wrote:

So, you know better than the company does. Gotcha. Maybe you should call them up and let them know their policy.

No where have I said what their policy is or what it should be. I have only stated what I thought it might be. There is a difference. I may be wrong, and I see valid points for both sides. Does it really matter either way? No not really. I'm just interested in the discussion, there's no need to be angry about it smile

February 10, 2012 8:41 pm
painttheskygrey

painttheskygrey

Automaton Tech

from Atlanta
201 posts

izdale wrote:

No where have I said what their policy is or what it should be.

No, you most definitely did. And by your edits, I'm assuming you realize that.

February 10, 2012 11:01 pm
OneGnome98

OneGnome98

Automaton Tech

from Durham, NC
152 posts

I already own several of these programs and don't use them, but I picked the bundle up just for Parallels 7.

Maybe one of the other programs is an unknown treasure worth having. I'll have fun checking them out.

February 11, 2012 3:02 am
3styler

3styler

Automaton Tech

327 posts

izdale wrote:

I do a lot more than just link to deals, I communicate regularly with developers and bundle organizers. I wouldn't expect you to know anything about the process involved with creating a bundle.

Yes of course you do, like when you told people that The Escapers don't support purchases of Flux from 3rd party sites but it turned out that information you was passing as fact was actually from another forum user. Heh.

You're not impressing anyone buddy.

Active Bundles: None - Sad Panda Face

February 11, 2012 5:01 pm
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

For those who were following the discussion, I emailed my contact at Nova Development about whether or not the code was intended for the bundle and this was her reply:

"we just deactivated that promo code.  Do you have a forum where this was being discussed?  If so – could any posting publicizing the promo code be removed or a corrective posting get placed? Thanks"

February 11, 2012 11:53 pm
painttheskygrey

painttheskygrey

Automaton Tech

from Atlanta
201 posts

Seems like the issue was more with the publicity of the promo code and not merely that customers were using it for the bundle.

Mind posting the entire message instead of what you decided to selectively quote?

February 12, 2012 12:18 am
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

painttheskygrey wrote:

Seems like the issue was more with the publicity of the promo code and not merely that customers were using it for the bundle.

Mind posting the entire message instead of what you decided to selectively quote?

Yeah that might be possible. Anyway, the only thing I left out of that email was our names so there is nothing else I could post from it.

February 12, 2012 12:49 am
omo

omo

Tinkerer

49 posts

I find it profoundly amusing that someone who runs a site that offers discounts on software would have a problem with customers availing of a discount.

Sure its additional, but a legitimate discount nonetheless.

Get off your high horse.

February 14, 2012 10:26 am
JMarkevich

JMarkevich

Sky Pirate

from Halifax, Canada
1,188 posts

omo wrote:

I find it profoundly amusing that someone who runs a site that offers discounts on software would have a problem with customers availing of a discount.

Get off your high horse.

izdale wrote:

I am not condemning people for using the code, especially since their customer support is letting people have the discount when asking for help. I am just discussing whether or not they meant for their to be an old 30% off coupon code to be used on a bundle that is already 90% off.

izdale wrote:

No where have I said what their policy is or what it should be. I have only stated what I thought it might be. There is a difference. I may be wrong, and I see valid points for both sides. Does it really matter either way? No not really. I'm just interested in the discussion, there's no need to be angry about it smile

But it's so fun to argue! Right?

"You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?"
Get Dropbox. You need it!

February 14, 2012 1:41 pm
Timi

Timi

from New York
1,395 posts

izdale wrote:

I am not condemning people for using the code

Actually, you are.

izdale wrote:

February 15, 2012 4:29 am
Wupper

Wupper

Automaton Tech

119 posts

Timi wrote:
izdale wrote:

Actually, you are.

izdale wrote:

90% off isn't enough for you? I'm afraid it isn't

You call it Purple I call it Magenta

February 15, 2012 7:54 pm
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,768 posts

omo wrote:

My website serves both both parties, users who get good deals and developers who get more promotion through their sales. If the discount wasn't intended for use on the bundle, then that would be taking money from participating developers. Upon my asking Nova Development about the coupon code, it was deactivated immediately so take that as you will.

Timi wrote:
izdale wrote:

Actually, you are.

izdale wrote:

For what it's worth, I wish I hadn't said that part. When it seemed the code was being used in way not intended, I was (at least in my mind) sticking up for the developers. I apologize to anyone that I may have insulted by that comment. I shouldn't have said it.

February 15, 2012 11:26 pm
MacHeist Forums » Deals Around the Web » Mac Superbundle Winter 2012 (includes Parallels Desktop 7)

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?