Forums

Pretty much confirmed: MacHeist is basically dead. Long live AdHeist!

MacHeist Forums » The Heist » Pretty much confirmed: MacHeist is basically dead. Long live AdHeist!
johnred

johnred

Directorate

1,869 posts

Wasgo wrote:
mikeyfindlay wrote:

The OP is probably the owner of another Mac bundle site trying to shed a bad light on the MacHeist name.

Or the OP is an angry user who posted a rant and then left. Probably a more likely option.

This - "and then left" = Wasgo

John Casasanta
MacHeist Director
tap tap tap chief

May 28, 2011 7:36 am
Miah

Miah

3,688 posts

Wasgo wrote:

Or the OP is an angry user who posted a rant and then left. Probably a more likely option.

Research indicates it's this one, which is amusing because this sort of thing almost never ever happens. Usually angry users come back to say more.

johnred wrote:

Personally, I like bittervets.

Also, I edited the head post so this is seen: STOP REPORTING THIS DAMN THING.

䷟䷽䷏䷁ — Dying of the Light.

May 28, 2011 9:45 am
mikeyfindlay

mikeyfindlay

Sky Pirate

from Northern California
1,091 posts

Miah wrote:

Also, I edited the head post so this is seen: STOP REPORTING THIS DAMN THING.

Whoops. Did you do that because of me? big_smile

MFVISUALS.COM | LAST HONEST TECH BLOG
Gear: 15" MacBook Pro 2012, iPad Air, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Nano 6G

May 29, 2011 2:44 am
Miah

Miah

3,688 posts

If it was just you, I wouldn't have done it. tongue

May 29, 2011 6:17 am
rampancy

rampancy

from Denial.
3,889 posts

After seeing the tidal wave of complaining and general douchebaggery that came with the freeware nanoBundle 1, any complaining of any type, no matter how apparently insignificant the source or reason, no longer surprises me.

Marathon Forever.
AppShelf: MacHeist 3 Loot
AppShelf: nanoBundle 1
Check Reciept Page for nanoBundle 2 AppShelf Files.

May 29, 2011 2:43 pm
Ivy

Ivy

Gearhead

from Europe
75 posts

I wanna say this somewhere, so why not use the "bad" thread to say something good?

I don't own an iOS device and I bough the game. I loaded it on my mother's iPad and I loved it. smile

Thanks, lovely people of MH, for creating a fun game for us and thanks for keeping it in the spirit of MH and giving it a real prize. Way cooler than Angry Birds ;-)

Free international calls? Pay only the price of a local call with Rebtel!

May 29, 2011 3:09 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

johnred wrote:

I'm always touched by the level of personal response I get in the age of canned email replies and lengthy phone waiting systems. You and me 4ever.

Miah wrote:
Wasgo wrote:

Research indicates it's this one, which is amusing because this sort of thing almost never ever happens. Usually angry users come back to say more.

Sweet! My intuition beat the odds.

Miah wrote:
johnred wrote:

Personally, I like bittervets.

I'm very cheery and I played and completed The Heist.  That puts me way above the other bitters.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

Join Dropbox today and get an extra 250MB. Click here for details!

May 29, 2011 5:23 pm
Miah

Miah

3,688 posts

rampancy wrote:

the tidal wave of complaining and general douchebaggery that came with the freeware nanoBundle 1

I don't think anything can top this gripe. Free software with full licenses and people griped because it wasn't good enough for them.

Bah.

May 29, 2011 6:11 pm
marclipovsky

marclipovsky

Tinkerer

from Rochester Hills
43 posts

allyorbase wrote:
mayorcj wrote:

LOUD NOISES.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

I love lamp.

missionary in africa - www.marclipovsky.com
LET'S GO ORANGE!!

May 29, 2011 7:24 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

andys53 wrote:

Well, whatever you think he is this whole argument hasn't seen him since he threw his comment in.

This assumes that he's not reading based on the fact that he's not posting.

Perhaps he just realizes how silly he was being at the time (and note, I don't mean for feeling disappointed - I mean for dealing with it like a toddler).

PM me | Twitter

May 29, 2011 8:44 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

JPDyson wrote:

Perhaps he just realizes how silly he was being at the time (and note, I don't mean for feeling disappointed - I mean for dealing with it like a toddler).

I agree fully.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

May 29, 2011 9:37 pm

brettryan

Urchin

3 posts

Tyrannosaurs wrote:

I like it when the angry people come out. They're funny.

Hear, hear! smile

May 30, 2011 12:06 am
Cronos Dage

Cronos Dage

Gearhead

from Ontario, Canada
74 posts

Flicker wrote:

words words words

/thread.

MacHeist is also a charitable organisation to both the poor, theirselves, and us. If you don't have iOS, deal with it. I would never buy (redacted) off Steam but it looks like it may be worth installing now that I have a code.

Also if you have iOS but you have Linux..well..O_o

Cronos Dage

May 31, 2011 4:22 am
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

Cronos Dage wrote:

MacHeist is also a charitable organisation to both the poor, theirselves, and us.

MacHeist is a business and they earn a lot of money through through their endeavours.  As of now, there has been no mention of charity with The Heist. They've done a lot of good work, but it's important to remember, they aren't actually a charity.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

May 31, 2011 4:31 am
Ollie N

Ollie N

Big Game Hunter

662 posts

marclipovsky wrote:
allyorbase wrote:
mayorcj wrote:

LOUD NOISES.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

I love lamp.

+1

May the Mac be with you
Get free Dropbox space for both of us!

May 31, 2011 12:35 pm

bor003

Automaton Tech

from A
232 posts

Though it has been a while, unlike other bundle sites that produce bundles every 3-6 months MacHeist's are more like games. There are things one actually needs to do so it will take longer to build.
Plus MacHeist isn't their only thing the directorates do, they have other stuff going on in their lives. Though an update every now and again wouldn't go amiss (really do with they would give us an update more often) I'm sure they are doing stuff and doing MH related stuff as well.

September 4, 2011 9:43 pm
jazzyguy

jazzyguy

Gearhead

72 posts

I Like it when the angry people come out.They're funny. Did someone say that?

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress"-Mark Twain

September 12, 2011 12:52 am

corlissm

Urchin

1 posts

I just joined this site to buy discounted mac software.  How do I do that?

September 17, 2011 7:46 pm
jfm429

jfm429

Sky Pirate

from Behind You
2,196 posts

corlissm wrote:

I just joined this site to buy discounted mac software.  How do I do that?

Well, you're a bit late (or a bit too early, if things go well).

MacHeist has run three major bundles in the past (plus a couple smaller bundles) but those are over. Right now they have an iPhone app called The Heist that will get you a free copy of a game (if it's still valid) but that's about it.

Now, hopefully, MacHeist 4 is coming in the future (sometime?). What will happen is a series of puzzles and giveaways followed by the big bundle. Nobody knows when (or if!) it's going to be, though, so you'll just have to wait.

In the meantime I'd suggest MacZOT or MUPromo for deals, as well as the other bundles being offered currently.

NovaStorm Software || @NovaStormSW || @jfm429 || Dropbox + Extra Storage

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind."
- Alan Kay, inventor of Object-Oriented programming

September 17, 2011 9:33 pm
miml

miml

Automaton Tech

from NYC
101 posts

MC4 LESS GOOO GREEN.... it'll happen soon, i keep telling myself. Check out mac bundle also it constantly shows new bundles, dope site. but this is the best for blogging about all that kind of stuff

Green? The same color of some people’s eyes, or maybe a watermelon…. And now were in Delaware

September 21, 2011 11:02 pm
MacGizmo

MacGizmo

Automaton Tech

from In your closet
318 posts

The fact that we have nothing better to discuss here at MH makes my balls itch.

Was that oversharing?

The Graphic Mac for all things Apple, Adobe, Design and the Internet.

September 25, 2011 3:44 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

MacGizmo wrote:

The fact that we have nothing better to discuss here at MH makes my balls itch.

Was that oversharing?

Your last several posts are making me dislike you.

Was that oversharing?

PM me | Twitter

September 26, 2011 12:12 pm
MacGizmo

MacGizmo

Automaton Tech

from In your closet
318 posts

You'll have to excuse me if I don't lose sleep over the fact that someone I've never met doesn't like me. But out of curiosity, which posts are you referring to?

The Graphic Mac for all things Apple, Adobe, Design and the Internet.

September 26, 2011 8:12 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

I feel certain I stated that in clear language (your last several).

PM me | Twitter

September 27, 2011 12:59 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

MacGizmo wrote:

But out of curiosity, which posts are you referring to?

I'm just looking at the elevator and the itch ones and I'm wondering if you were trying to be funny, and if so, whom you think your target audience was.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

September 27, 2011 6:22 pm
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

Wasgo wrote:
MacGizmo wrote:

But out of curiosity, which posts are you referring to?

I'm just looking at the elevator and the itch ones and I'm wondering if you were trying to be funny, and if so, whom you think your target audience was.

Huh; you know, "whom" is the proper form when used as an object, but it always looks odd without "with" in front of it (or really any passive structure).

PM me | Twitter

September 27, 2011 6:25 pm
izdale

izdale

Sky Pirate

from the U.S.
1,766 posts

On the topic of this thread, did anyone notice that the latest TapTapTap app didn't even use MacHeist at all for promotion of their last iOS app? Nothing on Twitter and the link to the promotional page was not a MacHeist link.

In addition, check out this quote from this article: http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/02/15/ … o-product/

Phill Ryu:
"MacHeist was an interesting exercise in selling and promoting quality software, but it was always other people’s apps, so it got pretty boring over the years. Making our own apps is way more fun!"

I'm starting to believe now that MacHeist is nothing more than a forum now. They didn't even bother to update the Heist app with bug fixes.

Find deals on Mac apps at Mac App Deals

February 16, 2012 3:15 pm
Wasgo

Wasgo

Sky Pirate

from Vancouver, Canada
1,278 posts

MacHeist isn't dead, it's just in remission until Apple allows bundling in the App Store.

Silver Snakes Assemble!

February 16, 2012 4:46 pm
JMarkevich

JMarkevich

Sky Pirate

from Halifax, Canada
1,184 posts

Even the forum has become kinda pointless too.  It used to be you could come here first to get some good info on the latest Mac news, now nobody even posts about it.  The March 7 iPad event? Nothing.  Mountain Lion?  Nothing.  iMessages on the desktop?  Nothing.

I may have to sit through the trolls on MacRumors instead.

"You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?"
Get Dropbox. You need it!

February 16, 2012 5:12 pm
kudioske

kudioske

Big Game Hunter

from Buffalo, MN
960 posts

Almost makes one wish for a return to points.

*snicker*

Haste makes heist

February 17, 2012 7:59 am
Warbrain

Warbrain

Banned

from Not here.
6,979 posts

izdale wrote:

On the topic of this thread, did anyone notice that the latest TapTapTap app didn't even use MacHeist at all for promotion of their last iOS app? Nothing on Twitter and the link to the promotional page was not a MacHeist link.

In addition, check out this quote from this article: http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/02/15/ … o-product/

Phill Ryu:
"MacHeist was an interesting exercise in selling and promoting quality software, but it was always other people’s apps, so it got pretty boring over the years. Making our own apps is way more fun!"

I'm starting to believe now that MacHeist is nothing more than a forum now. They didn't even bother to update the Heist app with bug fixes.

That's Phill believing that his new app is the best fucking thing ever and has everyone blowing smoke up his ass.

Website | Twitter

February 17, 2012 12:02 pm
Strange

Strange

Sky Pirate

from New York, NY
1,026 posts

Warbrain wrote:

That's Phill believing that his new app is the best fucking thing ever and has everyone blowing smoke up his ass.

http://i.imgur.com/vqYuG.gif

February 25, 2012 2:30 pm
andys53

andys53

Sky Pirate

from a frog flu resistant land.
1,904 posts

Hey, how come the post "reporting" the spam, got ahead of the spam ?

smile From a spam free, orange team, land smile

September 18, 2012 11:41 am
JPDyson

JPDyson

3,580 posts

andys53 wrote:

Probably somebody deleted the spam and not the "Reported" and then there was more spam. There's a lot of spam, still.

PM me | Twitter

September 18, 2012 1:07 pm
andys53

andys53

Sky Pirate

from a frog flu resistant land.
1,904 posts

JPDyson wrote:
andys53 wrote:

Probably somebody deleted the spam and not the "Reported" and then there was more spam. There's a lot of spam, still.

Tell me about it sad

smile From a spam free, orange team, land smile

September 21, 2012 7:38 am
MacHeist Forums » The Heist » Pretty much confirmed: MacHeist is basically dead. Long live AdHeist!

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?