Forums

★ WriteRoom

MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ WriteRoom
boomboombadaboom

boomboombadaboom

Gearhead

63 posts

An interesting app...I never thought I would have much use for it though. Till I tried writing a report with it.

It rankled me that i could not format, style, or add fancy graphs etc to my report as I wrote, but I got a lot more work done in the end. That's when I realized I put far too much effort into presentation, and less into content...

Writeroom is worth a try even if you consider the concept stupid. You might be pleasantly surprised...

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde

November 19, 2009 7:46 pm

gonzoearth

Urchin

1 posts

thank you, inspired to write with this app

November 20, 2009 6:52 pm
saenzfederico

saenzfederico

Urchin

from Costa Rica
2 posts

I really thought it would not work. I downloaded the demo version from the website, tested it... 5 minutes later I realized I was writing again. Grat. Simple, primitive principle but certainly does work.

November 26, 2009 5:10 am

recon007jf

Urchin

1 posts

I downloaded Write room for free but now what it's asking me for a serial?

November 29, 2009 11:45 pm
f16332

f16332

Sky Pirate

1,135 posts

recon007jf wrote:

I downloaded Write room for free but now what it's asking me for a serial?

The serial should be on your reciept page...

Here

And this should be in the support desk forum....

DropBox Referral: 2.25GB FreeSpace

November 29, 2009 11:59 pm
phillipsmn

phillipsmn

Tinkerer

from NC
29 posts

F451 wrote:

If you love WriteRoom (like I do) then you'll also love TaskPaper by the same developer.

A fool is one who does not understand the proportionate value of things.

Go BLUE!

November 30, 2009 2:52 pm
nglore

nglore

Urchin

3 posts

I am in a bit of a bind. I can't register my download. The WriteRoom registration dialogue box won't even let me select the OK button to try and send it. I'm not for sure if I have the right serial number, but I also don't know where I can find it at. It's been a while since I got if from the Mac Heist website.

December 2, 2009 1:23 am
nglore

nglore

Urchin

3 posts

Never mind, I was able to find it by using some one else's link above.

December 2, 2009 1:28 am

Kimgaare@hotmail.com

Urchin

1 posts

Reminds me of Matrix smile

December 9, 2009 9:35 pm

Arget

Urchin

2 posts

I love this app, it helps... A LOT. Using it I can finally concentrate on writing, nothing disturbs me.

January 18, 2010 5:20 pm
Kona0428

Kona0428

Tinkerer

14 posts

I like write room but I do a lot of citations and it docent work great for foot noting.

Yes I'm 14 yes I love macs yes I have an Iphone soon an Ipad and I know I'm a nerd what else could you ask for in life.

March 1, 2010 5:21 pm
WalrusCP

WalrusCP

Big Game Hunter

from NoVA
897 posts

Kona0428 wrote:

I like write room but I do a lot of citations and it docent work great for foot noting.

That isn't really what WriteRoom was designed for. You best bet would be to do the writing portion in WR and then importing it into a word processor like Mellel, Pages, or Word to add the citations.

Get a 2GB Dropbox account + additional space free for you & me

Just wait until you see the mega unlock goal. (Hint, it involves a lot of dead kittens.) – Phill Ryu

March 2, 2010 3:19 am
etoiline

etoiline

Tinkerer

24 posts

Thanks for this product. It got me through NaNoWriMo. I realize it's not meant for footnotes (I like to note what word count I had when I stop writing in the middle of a document) but I just import it to another program. The one thing that got annoying was sometimes the word count at the bottom of the screen would not update itself, even after opening the program again. Not a huge issue unless you're writing against the clock! I'll have to give it more use in a non-NaNoWriMo month.

Huzzah Purple!
aspire to the stars .:. twitter

March 3, 2010 6:25 pm

paul64

Urchin

1 posts

Hi,

Can you help

I got Write from the free bundle but my hd has just died last week

am up and running but my reciept with all the passwords was on the hd that crashed

how do I find out this information again ?

As I want to reinstall

thanks

Paul

March 10, 2010 8:42 am
darkid

darkid

Automaton Tech

419 posts

www.macheist.com/order
as long as you're logged in.

“Excuse me, I need to soak my brain in acid now.”
“I took Craft Disturbing Mental Image as my feat last level.”
“Maybe my ears, too.”
—Order of the Stick

March 10, 2010 11:56 am

gina3619

Urchin

1 posts

i'm new how do i get the bundle ?

March 16, 2011 3:19 pm
DreadedKilla

DreadedKilla

Sky Pirate

from Kelowna
1,164 posts

gina3619 wrote:

i'm new how do i get the bundle ?

The offer ended months ago. Your best bet would be to find it in other bundles or just wait for MH4.

March 16, 2011 10:49 pm

holzier

Urchin

1 posts

For me it's really hard to not get distracted when writing. I have to actually either power off my phone or leave it somewhere far away from me. But still, when there are so many stuff on the desktop I still get quite more interested in what's going on there rather with what I have to do. That's why WriteRoom is great at what it does when it does what Still, there's a small but -- interaction with the OS and other features is not so much its forte. Still, generally, quite a fine app, especially to those who easily get distracted, like me)))

just a person who curious about lots of things
now am just a freelancer (discover this info here for more) to have more time for making discoveries

February 8, 2018 12:17 pm
MacHeist Forums » The Apps » ★ WriteRoom

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?