Forums

Not a heist per se.... Close though?

MacHeist Forums » Member Created Heists » Not a heist per se.... Close though?
apaulio

apaulio

Tinkerer

11 posts

OK, hope this is allowed, and that this is the right place to put it.

Hey fellow Heistketeers, I'm Paul a youth worker/college pt teacher/doodler and writer. (And heist fan since MH2 and the first present my Mac received. Pixelmator was an absolute revelation smile )

Every year I help with a book festival doing a family book draw day - last year we had 140 + people working to make a story and it was all sorts of ace. You can see a little more about that here: www.bigbookdraw.co.uk (I know I really should finish it but time's a ticking and there's always something needs doing).

My favourite group to work with is teens so I'm doing a new one this year called Wombat and Wambot. It's a 100 page comic drawn almost entirely using the Brushes app on my poor suffering iPod touch (8gig hey whatchagonnado.. youth work pays peanuts). The trick with this one is that I'm going to get it to a specific point (page 60 - which sounds a lot but I'm trying to do some specific set up. The main character is angry - justifiably - but the story will mirror that of a lot of kids I work with and hopefully give them a new option in their choices) and then the teens (mostly school refusers or the ones on the fringes) are going to do pages 61 - 98. (I've nabbed the last two so that I can set things up for a second group draw day if there is one. From March 10th I'll be uploading one page a day onto the various sites below.

Anyhow: website being made now.... In the meantime twitter is @wombatwambot and facebook is: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wombat-Wa … 256?ref=ts (it's a fan page. Is there any way to give it a less silly name? Ignoring the Wombat wambot name silliness smile )

So, as you can probably tell I'm new to this promoting malarkey. If anyone wants to join in, mention it to people and whatsoever I'd be very grateful for the help/comments and so on. Or suggestions for how to do this better. I'm mainly a youth worker that doodles so any advice from people who do this more professionally much appreciated.

writer/doodler\youthworker.
Make me happy smile buy my books! (search Kercal on Play, Amazon and the rest).

March 4, 2010 8:17 am
klex269

klex269

Gearhead

59 posts

i think this should be moved to promotions around the web

PROWED MEMBER OF THE WHITE TEAM

March 4, 2010 10:32 pm

princemoga

Urchin

1 posts

i think this should be moved to promotions around the web
best purifier for home
https://punjabstatelottery.com/

July 12, 2018 7:45 pm

VelmaJDennis

Urchin

8 posts

This is a good idea. I think you should continue to work in this area. I write my blog http://vinagecko.net/whats-important-in-essay-writing/ and sometimes I see useful resources for students. I found out that there are essay writing resources.

October 10, 2018 10:02 am
MacHeist Forums » Member Created Heists » Not a heist per se.... Close though?

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?