Forums

A Hint of WHO HUBERT IS by Austin Sarner

MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » A Hint of WHO HUBERT IS by Austin Sarner
Mike

Mike

Automaton Tech

from Arlington, VA
384 posts

I was browsing the Cocoa Duel site (nice holiday apps for charity) and I found a mention of Hubert (the app that Austin Sarner has been developing).  Some points he makes are as follows:

"There are still a handful of issues with tracking windows (occasionally Hubert will find himself stuck on a window that isn't actually visible), but hey you can always just pretend he can fly. Remember, Hubert can do anything so it's not too much of a stretch."
and
"I've worked on quite a few things over the past 3 or 4 years, most notably some incredibly non controversial apps like Disco and AppZapper. The app I'm working on for this involves a character you might have heard of, and it's going pretty well."

Let's all speculate together...

hmm...

December 22, 2006 9:41 pm
nuclearpotato31

nuclearpotato31

Tinkerer

44 posts

Umm, go download his app, you'll see what it's all about...

December 22, 2006 10:00 pm
kickfliperjo

kickfliperjo

Sky Pirate

1,140 posts

cool

December 22, 2006 10:46 pm
Mike

Mike

Automaton Tech

from Arlington, VA
384 posts

nuclearpotato31 wrote:

Umm, yeah, I did...Nobody really knew who was developing "Hubert" (we weren't even sure it was an app) and the hint that was thrown in ("Hubert can do anything") is something to point out.

December 22, 2006 10:53 pm
cheezehog

cheezehog

Big Game Hunter

from The Gap
574 posts

is this mechanisms of a new heist warming up? I had quite goten out of the whole looking for clues everywhere thing, but no. 6 is comin soon, so the clues will start appearing. Good spot Mike big_smile

玩鬧

December 23, 2006 1:02 am
Query

Query

Automaton Tech

from New York, USA
289 posts

Mike wrote:
nuclearpotato31 wrote:

Umm, yeah, I did...Nobody really knew who was developing "Hubert" (we weren't even sure it was an app) and the hint that was thrown in ("Hubert can do anything") is something to point out.

No, no, no. iSled has absolutely nothing to do with Monkey Lover. Look at the movie: you'll see they're two different things.

iSled was just an app that Austin quickly developed for Cocoa Duel, which is an effort to raise money for charities.

December 23, 2006 2:49 am
Mike

Mike

Automaton Tech

from Arlington, VA
384 posts

cheezehog wrote:

is this mechanisms of a new heist warming up? I had quite goten out of the whole looking for clues everywhere thing, but no. 6 is comin soon, so the clues will start appearing. Good spot Mike big_smile

haha this probably isn't a mini-heist, just a little bit of information of what the expect from Hubert.

and

@Query: I never mentioned that iSled and Hubert are related (minus the fact that Hubert is behind the sled smile);  He just threw some info about Hubert's app while describing iSled wink

December 23, 2006 5:58 am

alej744

Sky Pirate

from Miami
1,813 posts

Please don't be offended by this, because I don't know shit about coding and programming, but the apps at cocoaduel are very half-assed. Austin's didn't even have an icon.  I understand that they only had a few days but why is it worth donating to charity?

December 23, 2006 7:25 am
kickfliperjo

kickfliperjo

Sky Pirate

1,140 posts

alej744 wrote:

Please don't be offended by this, because I don't know shit about coding and programming, but the apps at cocoaduel are very half-assed. Austin's didn't even have an icon.  I understand that they only had a few days but why is it worth donating to charity?

LOLOLOL

December 23, 2006 9:42 am
daxelrod

daxelrod

Tinkerer

18 posts

alej744 wrote:

why is it worth donating to charity?

The answer to this question has nothing to do with the quality of those apps.

Just pretend I have something witty here.

December 23, 2006 3:00 pm
boby56

boby56

Gearhead

from 1 Infinite Loop California
68 posts

Hubert is the monkey on the sled in ISled! I can't believe you didn't notice that.

by the way hubert is an app in the making: http://tristan.hume.ca/pics/snaps.php
I saw it on the ISled demo video(hint: look in the dock when austin is opening ISled). The app is named "Monkey Lover".

ISled demo video if you think i photoshoped it: http://austinsarner.com/ISled.mp4

Hubert lives on!
check out: http://tristan.hume.ca/hubert

December 23, 2006 4:44 pm
boby56

boby56

Gearhead

from 1 Infinite Loop California
68 posts

check out the settings. when he says "hubert can do anything" he meens you can make him and his sled fly.

Hubert lives on!
check out: http://tristan.hume.ca/hubert

December 23, 2006 4:46 pm
thetechkid

thetechkid

Automaton Tech

388 posts

isled....hmm.

My Website
Tweet. Twitter me.
Setup: MacBook Pro 15" 2.33gHz C2D|2GB RAM|120GB HD|LaCie external HD|Logitech MX Revolution Mouse

December 25, 2006 1:36 am
Mike

Mike

Automaton Tech

from Arlington, VA
384 posts

boby56 wrote:

Hubert is the monkey on the sled in ISled! I can't believe you didn't notice that.

by the way hubert is an app in the making: http://tristan.hume.ca/pics/snaps.php
I saw it on the ISled demo video(hint: look in the dock when austin is opening ISled). The app is named "Monkey Lover".

ISled demo video if you think i photoshoped it: http://austinsarner.com/ISled.mp4

That about repeats everything that we have covered (or knew) in this thread.  We're just speculating about the app "Monkey Lover" which is connected to Hubert apparently.  We're not concerned about iSled.

December 25, 2006 2:21 am
Mike

Mike

Automaton Tech

from Arlington, VA
384 posts

Hm I don't think so...

maybe this is part of a mini-heist....

December 30, 2006 5:22 am
MacHeist Forums » The Backroom » A Hint of WHO HUBERT IS by Austin Sarner

Become an agent

Keep me posted on more free offers and deals on great Mac software (We'll never sell your email, spam is evil)

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?

Login to MacHeist

As a MacHeist agent you'll be privy to special missions like these, tons of awesome free software, and the best software deals around. What do you want to hear about?